The buzz on bubble tea

Bubble tea is a drink invented in Taiwan in the early 1980’s. It consists of tea with tapioca balls or fruit flavored popping pearls. Have you tried it? Do you like it? Favorite flavor?

5 Likes

Honeydew tea with peach boba.

1 Like

I love bubble tea! My go-to order is usually either Oolong or Jasmine milk tea with tapioca

1 Like

I don’t like any kind of tea or coffee :no_mouth:

1 Like

I’ve never tried it. I heard that it’s extremely sweet… is it?

1 Like

It depends on what you get.

1 Like

I personally don’t like it very much :sweat_smile:

1 Like

It depends on where you go. Most of the places my friends and I like to go, they let you pick the levels of sugar and ice in your drink, but I also know of places that don’t do that

2 Likes

Yeah, that honeydew one was really sweet.

1 Like

That could also be a matter of the type of drink.

Like, if you get a milk tea, then it’s using either green or black tea, which in itself doesn’t have any natural sweetness, but in a fruity drink like the one you had, whatever gives it the honeydew flavour could be sweet itself and then they probably put more sugar into it

1 Like

Ahhh. I should go to the library to get it again.

I got a DIY bubble tea kit. I’ll let you guys know when I make some.

I need to microwave hot water and pour it into a cup to dissolve the powder. Is it ok if I pour the water into a glass? I don’t want it to break. @Foodies.

Is it a normal drinking glass?

1 Like

Yes. There’s glass, and a thick plastic. I would use a coffee cup, but those have lids. That wouldn’t work.

I wouldn’t pour it into a drinking glass while it’s hot

If you have to mix stuff together, do the mixing in a coffee cup or something that’s meant to hold hot liquid and then transfer it to your other glass once it’s cooled down

1 Like

Looks like I’m making it in a mug. What I have to do is pour powder into a cup, heat up water in another cup to heat up, then pour the hot water into the cup with the powder. Uh…was that coherent?

1 Like

Mmmm… fizzy bubble tea is sooo good.

Well, tried the DIY bubble tea. Basically looked like watery pepto bismol and didn’t taste good.