The Circle ~ S1 ~ Official Thread

Don’t mind me, I’m just a RP disguised as an SG!

The Circle is a reality competition series where players must choose whether to be themselves or other people, all while chasing a cash prize.
The players move into the same apartment building, however, they do not meet face-to-face during the course of the competition, as they each live in their own individual apartments. They communicate solely using their profiles on a specially-designed social media app that gives them the ability to portray themselves in any way they choose. Players can thus opt to present themselves as a completely different personality to the other players, a tactic is otherwise known as catfishing.

How am I going to do it?

Well, while the players are still in the game, the readers will ONLY see there online personas and nobody will know the character behind the profile. No one will even even know the user who created each character… not until they are eliminated.
This will be played out “live”, as if starting the story when the first players enter the story. And I’ll have a PM with each of the users who create a character/profile.

EXTRA DETAIL (please read!):

For starters, I have COMPLETELY planned out the events.

So all the players in this Social Media Reality TV show are all living in separate apartments. None can see each other, nor do they know who they really are. Though only way they “meet” is through a private social apartment social media where they play games, read profiles, have written conversation, and rank each other.
They are all competiting for $100,000, and so must either build friendships and/or alliances in order to become the top player to win. They can either play with their heart or with their head (creating strategies).

Ratings

Once every few days (in the story), they will be faced with a ratings. This is where they must rate their fellow players in order from highest to lowest (e.g: 1 to 7). The ratings are calculated and usually, the two highest-rated players be Influencers.
The Influencers then get to discuss privately and decide the player (from the others) to block. A blocked player is eliminated from the game.

Conversations:

Conversations will be separated into different posts. I’ll be posting those conversations and you’ll be telling me what the character says in PM. HOWEVER, some conversations are PRIVATE. This means that only the character owners who are in that conversation and readers who don’t have characters can read those conversations. So if you have a current player or a future player, please don’t read ANY private conversations until the whole game is finished, else it will ruin the fun and surprise of it for you.
I won’t be tagging people in the thread (you can watch the thread or not), to keep it anonymous, I’ll be PMing you when your character is in a conversation.
So if your character isn’t in the conversation, please keep the privacy and not read the post.

Rules:
  • While your characters are in (or soon to be in) the game, don’t read the thread unless your messaged, as it’ll ruin the fun of the game.
  • During the competition only I write on this thread.
  • Make sure not to share your characters, whether that’s talking about them with each other or just commenting in the chat. If you want to comment on a group conversation with everyone, just make sure you to name more than one character. As usernames are not revealed while in play.
  • ONLY read what your characters are involved. If it says Private, under it will say the characters involved, so please only read the conversation if that is YOUR character.
  • READERS are allowed to VOTE on polls!

The Profiles

Any further questions about this then feel free to ask on the chat thread!

Those who may be in it or had interest in reading:

@katabasis, @astxrism, @benitz786, @Cadborosa, @Cam, @CerealKiller, @duck, @idiot.exe, @Kate, @Littlefeets, @Madilnel, @Meekepeek @sunflower.flow

8 Likes

ALERT!

Setting up your profiles!

6 Likes

ALERT!

Four new players have entered the Circle!

The Circle Chat is now OPEN!

Bianca:
Hey, why don’t we get to know each other! What are your favourite animals? :panda_face:

Bridget:
HELLOOOO this is so unreal!!! :star_struck: I think meerkats are so so cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Bianca:
I agree! :pleading_face: I personally really like swans though

Nieve:
Hey you guys! So excited :star_struck: and my answer has to be dogs, they’re the best :dog:

Eli:
Hello everyone!! Am I the only one sneaking a glass of wine while I get used to this whole thing? :joy: I’m so excited to get to know everyone. And, Bianca, I have one word for you “Pandas”. I just think they’re adorable and I can highly respect the sleeping and eating mindset they have.

Bianca:
Haha! Can’t say I relate. I can barely get any sleep with my major :joy::sob: but it’s worth it!

Three new players have entered the Circle!

Bridget:
We have some new friends! :wave:t3: welcomeeee! Valerie, you may need to give all us #singlepringles some tips and tricks🤪

Gemma:
OMG, I’m so excited to be here!! :scream: You all seem so awesome. How is everyone’s room? Cause I absolutely love mine. I’ve been screaming and jumping around since I arrived :face_with_hand_over_mouth::dancer:t5:

Nieve:
The rooms are insane I want to move here forever😂 #howmuchisrent

Nieve:
And hey to all the new people welcome to the gang :partying_face:

Avery:
HELLO beautiful people! I’m so excited to meet you all :partying_face: Do we all have our drinks out so we can :clinking_glasses: #cheers?

Bianca:
Welcome, welcome! I look forward to meeting you all :heart: I looove my new room, but I can’t say I don’t feel a bit homesick! What’s it like back home for you guys?~

Valerie:
Woah, It’s a-lot going on here. Nice to meet you all sunshines, I’m Valerie…Which was obvious but I’m currently trying to juggle my popcorn and soda, sorry, while trying to figure out how to message on this. And of course, I’d love to give anyone some love tips!

Nieve:
Coming in strong with the question :joy:

Gemma:
For sure, for sure Avery :clinking_glasses: #CheersToNewFriends. I don’t really have one home. I study in London, so I have a small studio appartement there, but a lot of my time is spent in the Netherlands as well. I grew up there, so that’s where my family and a lot of my friends are #HoppingFromCouchToCouch :ok_hand:t5::crazy_face: But wherever I go, my dog is always with me and my everything #LoyalToATee

Avery:
This room couldn’t be any better but I got to admit I already miss my younger brothers and mother :joy: I hope you’re all handling this better than I am right now :crossed_fingers:

The Circle Chat is CLOSED!

8 Likes

ALERT!

SNEAKY RATINGS!

Time to rate your fellow circle players from sneakiest to not.

6 Likes

Which character(s) do you think would be the first to start private conversations? (Anyone can vote on this anonymous poll)

• Avery
  • Bianca
  • Bridget
  • Eli
  • Gemma
  • Nieve
  • Valerie

0 voters

5 Likes

Private Chat!

If your character’s name isn’t written below, then please don’t read this! It makes the game fairer and more fun!

Bridget has started a chat with Avery, Bianca, & Nieve only!

The Chat:

The Chamber of Secrets

Bridget:
First priv chat wow!:partying_face: Hello beautiful people. the names a bit nerdy :nerd_face: but I just couldn’t help myself… please tell me you are potter heads maybe too? :thinking:

Avery:
Alohomora, chat with amazing people unlocked :sparkles: Thank you so much for adding me, can’t wait to get to know you all better! And could you guess if I am a potter head? Don’t think it’s that difficult :stuck_out_tongue:

Nieve:
Hey everyone! This is definitely exciting! Btw I love the name it may be nerdy but in the best way :nerd_face:

Bridget:
I just can not believe we are here! I can’t lie… I must say I am a fan and have binged every season :sweat_smile:What made you guys want to come to the circle?

Bianca:
Hello potterheads! Lol :wave: To answer your question, I’m here because it looked fun! Plus, my dream is to open my own pet shelter, so if I win it’ll finally come true :heart_eyes:

Avery:
It’s kind of crazy being here after watching so many seasons? :joy: I’m definitely excited to be here and try something new, it looked really fun. And Bianca, that sounds wonderful! I really hope you make your dreams come true!! Anything for our #furryfriends :dog: :cat:

Nieve:
Speaking of, do you guys have any furry friends at home? :dog:

Bianca:
I wish I could, but I’m too busy! I do often feed birds at the park though :pleading_face:

Bridget:
No furry friends… yet! I am in the works of trying to convince my roomie to let us get a cat :cat:

Bianca:
I’m rooting for you Bridget!!

This chat is now closed!

6 Likes

Private Chat!

If your character’s name isn’t written below, then please don’t read this! It makes the game fairer and more fun!

Gemma has started a chat with Eli & Valerie only!

The Chat:

We’re here. No turning back now :crazy_face:

Gemma:
Hey gorgeous people, how are you settling in? I was curious to talk to you two more. Eli, how is life as a single dad? That sounds tough but super rewarding as well. And Valerie, I can’t wait to hear more about Douglas, I’m a hugeeee dog person myself :dog::paw_prints: #MyDogIsMyAll

Eli:
Gemma!! Hello hello. I may… or may not have already finished my first glass of wine while I settle in… I’ll let you guess which one it is :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But honestly, I’m already missing my daughter. It’s pretty weird not having my little penguin around (she used to be obsessed with emperor penguins when she was 3 so that nickname definitely stuck).

Eli:
Do you have any dogs, Gemma? I had one when I was younger and adored that golden retriever but I guess kids and dogs have enough similarities that I haven’t really thought about getting another one for the past couple of years. You know… my dog used to go take mud baths… Gracie (the penguin) has taken her fair share of mud baths when I wasn’t paying attention.

Gemma:
Same here, same here :clinking_glasses: Aweeee, that nickname is adorable, and I bet she misses you too! But I think she will be proud of you as well #DadIsOnTheTV. Ooh, yes, my dog has a fair share of mud baths as well. I do love Lola, my Sheltie, even if she’s long hair but oh so stubborn wanting to bathe in that mud every single time :joy: But she’s always by my side, loves to cuddle and play, and obviously food… It takes a whole lot of effort, dogs, but they are so worth it :ok_hand:t5:

Eli:
I’m glad someone thinks it’s adorable - I’m… 99.9% sure if she was here, she’d throw something at me for saying she’s a penguin on live television :innocent: And Lola sounds adorable - you must miss her too! Also, I have to ask while I have you, what kind of lawyer do you want to be? I was writing for a show a while back centered around a criminal lawyer so I had to do my fair share of research on the different types of lawyers in the world and wow are there a lot.

This chat is now closed!

7 Likes

GAME!

The Ice Breaker Game

All players will be shown a series of questions. You must decide whether you prefer one or the other.

Vacation or Staycation?

Vacation Staycation
Gemma Eli
Avery Conor
Bianca Bridget
Nieve
Valerie

Nieve:
Staycations are top tier if you do it right, but new places are elite :airplane:

Gemma:
:100: agree with you, Nieve. I love new cultures and some adventure. Also, it seems like someone entered the circle, welcome Conor :wave:t5:

Eli:
Can’t lie, I don’t think I’ve had a real vacation in years but me and my daughter make do with our staycations :joy:

Bianca:
I think vacations are so fun! I get bored staying at home all the time :joy: And welcome Conor!

Bridget:
I’m just so in love with my home state that I find new adventures there all the time! Woah! Hey Conor! :hugs: #SneakySnake

Avery:
Both vacations and staycations are fun, bun can we talk about making more friends? :raised_hands:t2: Welcome to the fam, Conor!

Air Guitar or Air Drums?

Air Guitar Air Drums
Gemma Eli
Nieve Bridget
Conor
Bianca
Avery
Valerie

Eli:
CONNOR HELLO! Clearly I’m blind, I missed you before but welcome welcome!! Also, I’m an air drum man all the way. No one can convince me otherwise… even if I had my air guitar phase when I was 16 going to an Eminem concert

Nieve:
My god, there’s a Conor! :joy: I didn’t even notice. Welcome :cherry_blossom:

Conor:
Thanks for the welcome everyone! Looking forward to meeting all of you! As far as the drums go, I played the drums when I was younger, so an easy choice.

Rich & Famous or Rich & Unknown?

Rich & Famous Rich & Unknown
Avery Bridget
Eli Bianca
Nieve Conor
Gemma
Valerie

Gemma:
100% famous, mostly so I could use my voice to speak up about things that are important to me!

Bridget:
That’s amazing! I think that’s great how you’d use your fame to help. I don’t think I could handle the paparazzi!

Gemma:
Yeah, it would probably be intense, but well, as a black bisexual woman who, let’s just face reality, is fat, society doesn’t always appreciate me. I would really want to give back to people who are like me, be an example for them.

Nieve:
If I do something super great I want people to know about it, but being famous also has tons of cons🤷🏼‍♀️

Bianca:
This one was hard to answer! I don’t want to be too famous, but I want to be well-known for my work if that makes sense :sweat_smile: Gemma, I’m sorry to hear that! Reality sucks sometimes, but I know you’ll have a lot of people who support you!!

Eli:
Bianca, I definitely itly feel the same! But sadly I feel like in the industry I work in, some sort of fame (in the writing community itself at least) is needed to book jobs :frowning:

Do you like to stay indoors or outdoors?

Indoors Outdoors
Eli Conor
Valerie Gemma
Bridget
Nieve
Bianca
Avery

Nieve:
Outdoors for the win always

Eli:
I’m a homebody, what can I say? :man_shrugging:

Do you think any of the other players are catfish?

Yes No
Nieve Bridget
Gemma Bianca
Conor Avery
Eli
Valerie

Gemma:
I mean, I bet at least 2 of 3 people here are catfishes tbh :woman_shrugging:t5:

Bianca:
“I don’t want to doubt anyone without proof! If somebody is a catfish, then that’s on them :joy:

Eli:
I honestly feel like that’s the name of the game. If I was a writer for this show, there would have to be at least a few to keep things interesting.

Gemma:
Fair enough, Bianca, and I’m more here for genuine connections either way. I wouldn’t necessarily vote someone out simply because they are a catfish. I’m just being realistic some must be swimming around here :sweat_drops:

Nieve:
It wouldn’t be as interesting if there wasn’t at least one catfish swimming around here :eyes:

Avery:
I’m with Bianca on this one :raising_hand_man:

The Circle Game has ENDED!

5 Likes

ALERT!

RATINGS!

Time to rate your fellow circle players from 1 to 6 (favourite to least favourite)

The newest player, Conor, can not rate and can not be rated.

3 Likes

Choose up to three characters to start private conversations?

(Anyone can vote on this anonymous poll)

• Avery
  • Bianca
  • Bridget
  • Conor
  • Eli
  • Gemma
  • Nieve
  • Valerie

0 voters

2 Likes

Private Chat!

Bridget has started a chat with Nieve and Bianca only!

The Chat:

OG GALS

Bridget:
Hey girlies :relaxed: I feel so honoured to start a chat with you two! How are you guys doing? I am feeling a bit better now but am having a hard time not talking to my family everyday!

Bianca:
Hello again! :wave: Aww I’m sorry to hear that, Bridget! I’m sure your family is rooting for you, though! I’m still getting used to this, no homesickness yet but it might set in soon, haha!

Nieve:
Hey girls! This is so overwhelming but It’s going to be HYSTERICAL, I literally can’t even sit down from all the adrenaline :joy::partying_face::clinking_glasses:

Bridget:
Thanks, Bianca! I can so imagine my grandmother yelling at the tv :joy: she is usually the calmest person ever but reality tv gets her going! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Both of you said vacation in the game, I want to know the most memorable trip you’ve been on! #LetMeLiveVicariously

Bianca:
Haha! I can just imagine :joy: I wish I could go on more trips, but sadly I don’t have many travel stories to tell! The most memorable one was definitely the time I went to Switzerland with my family though :heart_eyes:

Nieve:
I actually used to work as a flight attendant, so I’m pretty used to travelling to different places. Switzerland is amazing I can’t argue with that, but I do think South Africa won me over so I’ll have to choose that

Bianca:
I’ll have to visit South Africa one day, then! Of course, once I’m less busy :sweat_smile: What about you, Bridget? Do you have any vacations you find the most memorable?

Bridget:
Wow! Both places sound great! I bet the food is amazing too :drooling_face: The furthest I have been from home is New York a couple times! Maybe once I graduate and have more time to travel! :crossed_fingers:t3:

Nieve:
Time is a major issue I really don’t have time to travel now even being here is stretching my schedule :joy:

Bianca:
I can definitely relate to that! University is taking up a lot of my time, but I need to graduate! I see you two are also students, mind if I ask what you’re studying? :blush:

Nieve:
Bio med girly over here :raised_hands:t4:

Bridget:
I can’t wait to graduate!! Wow future doc here!! :stethoscope: I am getting my liberal arts degree and hopefully will be able to publish my own poetry book someday!!

Bianca:
Both of those sound so cool! Best of luck to both of you! :hugs: I assume you already know I’m a business major haha

Bridget:
I am so glad I got to chat to you two!! I have a really close, but small friend group back home and you two remind me so much of them! :slightly_smiling_face: #ogGals4L

Bianca:
Awww :pleading_face: We’ll totally have to stay in touch after this ends!!

Nieve:
it was amazing getting to talk to you girls like that! Get ready it’s going to be a wild ride :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::clinking_glasses::o:

This chat is now closed!

4 Likes

Private Chat!

Conor has started a chat with Eli only!

The Chat:

Staycation people in the house

Conor:
We all chose staycation, so I was curious, what are your best staycation stories?

Bridget has declined your group chat invitation

Eli:
Hey!! I’m glad you started this chat :slight_smile: (Honestly I’m glad that I’m not the only person over 30 with all these kids, I was starting to feel a little old). Anyway, it seems like it’s just the two of us! But to answer your question, I think my ultimate best stay-cation was when my daughter was 7. My wife was having a hard time in chemo, and it was around summer time so I know my daughter was sad we couldn’t go somewhere, and so I convinced my daughter that we could have a good time at home and we ended up decorating every part of the house like a different location around the world (the living room was Paris, the bathroom was the bahamas, the Kitchen was Italy) and my daughter and I just took my wife to every single room and spent the entire day annoying her, but I’d like to say she enjoyed it. What about you? I have a feeling you have some pretty good staycation stories.

Conor:
A shame Bridget denied, but I am looking forward to getting to know you better. Thanks for being so open man, I appreciate that. It touched me, to hear that even if your wife was going through that, you shared some wonderful moments together regardless that turned into beautiful memories for you and your daughter. Those should be cherished.

Conor:
When I was a wee lad, my family was struggling financially. Growing up in poverty, the best my mam and dad could do was take me to see places around Ireland. Sometimes we went camping, but it was mostly day trips. We never needed much to have a good time together. That are values I wanted to raise my kids with. The best staycation was one were we ‘camped’ at home. We are lucky enough to have a forest as our backyard, so we set up some tents, had a swim in the nearby lake, had a barbecue, watched movies with a projector and played games until 3 in the morning. The kids didn’t want to go to bed, they were having too much fun. Once we got them under the sheets, my wife and I finished the day with some of my first home-brewed beers at the firepit we had made. The beer wasn’t great, but it was an amazing day. I miss those days when my kids were small, they grew up too quickly.

Eli:
I’m sure we’ll get to know Bridget sooner or later! But honestly, I do appreciate the one on one time… you can’t really have these types of intimate conversations with a lot of people in the… metaphorical room. I’m an open book, so I don’t really mind sharing… I guess for me it keeps my wife’s memory alive when I get to talk about her. Plus, my daughter was a kid when she passed, so I love telling her stories that maybe she was a bit too young to remember at the time.

Eli:
That is absolutely amazing. I truly feel that having limited money at anytime of your life really pushes you to cherish the little moments and you clearly did that with your kids. I’m sure that night is a core memory for them too. On the note of your first home-brewed beers - first of all, that’s really… the best word I can come up with at the moment is “cool”. I’m pretty sure one of my young teenage dreams was to own a bar or brewery with my best friends - but clearly I never followed through with it. I have to ask though, how have the beers gotten since that first night?

Eli:
And also, how old are your kids now? I’m still missing the days when I could hold my little “penguin” in my arms. Now she’s at the moody teenager age that only cares about boys, and dancing, annddd sometimes makes time for me too (if it works with her schedule).

Conor:
You’re right, having this one on one time definitely makes it easier to have these personal conversations. And I’m sure your daughter loves hearing stories like these about her mother. Especially if she was young she might not remember much, this way she gets to know her mother through you sharing these stories.

Conor:
I have 2 kids, a daughter and a son. My daughter is now 25 and my son 21. I want to think they enjoy those little things in life as well and enjoy Ireland, but sadly, especially my daughter is a true globetrotter. To be fair however, she still has many of these values and norms I tried to raise her with. About the beer, they surely have gotten much better since. Once we get out of here, I’ll let you judge for yourself :wink: But I’m actually able to make a decent profit out of it now, took me years, but it’s rewarding to be at the point where it is now.

Eli:
I hope so, I think those memories make us both smile, even though they make us a little sad too. But onto brighter topics, it seems like your kiddos are all grown up! Are they both out of the house and onto the real world (I mean, clearly your daughter is!)? Any good tips on letting go - I think my daughter might be one to follow in your daughter’s footsteps and trust me… I’m gonna need some wise words as my daughter continues to get older or she’s going to start telling all her friends her dad is that “over protective weirdo”. AND ARE YOU INVITING ME FOR A BEER? I can tell you right now, you will not get a no out of me - I’d love to check it out. What’s your favorite part about owning your brewery?

Conor:
My daughter is, she really has her own life in Dublin. Even if it’s a bit sad, I’m proud of her, she’s happy there, has a lot of friends and is busy with her job. My son still lives at home, but has been with his girlfriend for 5 years now. They are making plans to find a place where they can live together, they want to stay close to home though, which is a relief. It’s crazy to think how quickly they are both growing up, and who knows, a wedding might be coming up and in a few years I might already be a grandfather.

Conor:
Letting your kids go isn’t easy, especially now my son is also about to leave the nest, I’ve been struggling with that. I’m just trying to tell myself that it’s only healthy they want to be independent, and I hope I raised them in a way that they know the door is always open and they actually want to return on their own initiative from time to time.

Conor:
I sure am yes! I’m always excited to show people the brewery and let them have a taste. What I like the most is just being able to experiment and try a lot of different recipes, it’s always fun seeing how it’ll turn out. Biggest downside is the cleaning by far, it needs to be consistently clean but it’s tough cleaning up.

4 Likes

Private Chat!

Bianca has started a chat with Valerie only!

The Chat:

Hey!

Bianca:
I haven’t gotten a chance to speak much with you two! So how are you guys doing so far? :blush: I’m honestly having so much fun getting to know everyone haha

Gemma has declined your group chat invitation

2 Likes

Private Chat!

Nieve has started a chat with Gemma only!

The Chat:

Gemma!

Nieve:
Hey beautiful, just wanted to say I absolutely loved what you said about being a black woman in this world, I have a black sister and I know from a close perspective how hard it can be sometimes. Just wanted to tell you I’m proud of you for standing up for yourself :black_heart:

2 Likes