The Circle ~ sign-ups (& chat?)

The Circle is a reality competition series where players must choose whether to be themselves or other people, all while chasing a cash prize.
The players move into the same apartment building, however, they do not meet face-to-face during the course of the competition, as they each live in their own individual apartments. They communicate solely using their profiles on a specially-designed social media app that gives them the ability to portray themselves in any way they choose. Players can thus opt to present themselves as a completely different personality to the other players, a tactic is otherwise known as catfishing.

How am I going to do it?

Well, while the players are still in the game, the readers will ONLY see there online personas and nobody will know the character behind the profile. No one will even know the user who created each character… not until the end of the competition.
This will be played out “live”, as if starting the story when the first players enter the story. And I’ll have a PM with each of the users who create a character/profile.

MORE DETAIL:

For starters, I have COMPLETELY planned out the events.

So all the players in this Social Media Reality TV show are all living in separate apartments. None can see each other, nor do they know who they really are. The only way they “meet” is through a private apartment social media where they play games, read profiles, have written conversation, and rank each other.
They are all competiting for $100,000, and so must either build friendships and/or alliances in order to become the top player to win. They can either play with their heart or with their head (creating strategies).

Ratings

Once every few days (in the story), they will be faced with a ratings. This is where they must rate their fellow players in order from highest to lowest (e.g: 1 to 7). The ratings are calculated and usually, the two highest-rated players be Influencers.
The Influencers then get to discuss privately and decide the player (from the others) to block. A blocked player is eliminated from the game.

Characters:

Alright, so for the characters…

• There will most probably be about 12 characters in this competition, though I’ll be starting with only 4-8 at the beginning.
  • So only one character each for now. Makes it fair for eliminations. If you are eliminated then you may be able to create another character.
  • Make sure not to share your characters, whether that’s talking about them with each other or just commenting in the chat. If you want to comment on a group SG/RP conversation, just make sure you name more than one character so people won’t deduct who you play. As usernames are not revealed while in play.

Creating

• The first part/page of the sign-up form is creating the character who is entering the competition. Only I see them until the end or they are eliminated.
  • The second part/page of the sign-up form is the character’s profile. This is the one every one will see and interact with during the game. Your character can either be themselves or they can pretend to be someone else/a “catfish”.
  • I’ll check the sign-ups once a day, so no need to tell me if you’ve made a character. Let’s keep who has characters a secret. Makes it more fun. (wink)

One character per person for now.
No reserves, just first in first served.
As soon as I have 4-8 characters, I’ll start!

Sign-up Form

FaceClaims - (will be available when the RP starts)

Any further questions about this then feel free to ask below!

Those who may be interested:

@katabasis, @astxrism, @benitz786, @Cam, @CerealKiller, @idiot.exe, @Kate, @Madilnel, @sunflower.flow

You can bring back characters if you wish:

@astxrism, @benitz786, @Cadborosa, @CerealKiller, @Kate, @Littlefeets, @Meekepeek

5 Likes

I was about to say can I bring my character back and then I saw your note :joy:

2 Likes

That being said would we have to sign the character up again @CrazyCaliope

1 Like

HEHEHEHE! Glad you saw the note.

If you don’t want to change anything then I can just move your character across. No problem at all.

1 Like

Then please go ahead :pleading_face:

I don’t have any changes

1 Like

SCHWEET!

Beni!!! You are joining!!!

2 Likes

With a character that I made last time yes :joy:

1 Like

I don’t care!!! That means your staying for a bit

2 Likes

Makes me happy

2 Likes

:pleading_face::pleading_face: love you tooooooo

3 Likes

Aaaaah yess

2 Likes

BENI

2 Likes

Can I bring back my char?

2 Likes

Of course. Keep the character the same and I just move them across?

1 Like

I really wanna join, is there still a spot available if I get my character in within the next few hours?

2 Likes

Almost done with mine! Will submit after work

1 Like

Yes, no worries. We have three in at the moment, which I’m surprised about since it hasn’t even been a day. Though you should be all good. (wink)

I’ll also submit soon

1 Like

Oooh I have a character that wasn’t on the show yet last season can I bring her back

1 Like