The Knitting and Crocheting Thread 🧶

The Knitting and Crocheting Thread

Knitting and crocheting are ways of manipulating yarn to create textiles. Knitting involves two or more knitting needles in creating the fabric. When crocheting you use one crochet hook to interlock loops of yarn.

Do you know how to knit, crochet or both? If yes, do you prefer one thing over the other? What do you like to knit/crochet? Any creation of yours that you want to share? Any patterns you want to share? How did you learn how to knit and/or crochet?

If you don’t know how to knit or crochet, would you like to learn it? Tell me! I’m up for creating some tutorials and/or classes.

Patterns and Tutorials

You can find and share patterns here, link, and tutorials here, link. They are wikis free for everyone to edit. But please read the instructions first and ask if there are any questions.

Check out the thread dedicated to amigurumi crocheting here: Amigurumi 🧶

12 Likes

Patterns

Feel free to share some patterns here. Either a link or the full pattern typed out. You can also share a pattern on this thread and link to that post. :yarn:

If you you’re sharing a link, please do it on the following form:

Short description of the pattern, [link](<insert url here>).

If you want to paste the full pattern and/or add some images please write a short description and hide the details.

Knitting Patterns

Crocheting Patterns

Amigurumi Patterns

Cute amigurumi bear pattern, link :bear:
Adorable amigurumi seal pattern, link :dizzy:
Dumpling kitties pattern, link :cat:
Chip Chip chick pattern, link :hatching_chick:
Fluffy bunny pattern, link :rabbit:
Dress me bunny pattern, link :rabbit2:

4 Likes

Tutorials

You can share tutorials here. Either share a link to a tutorial you find useful or type it out in the wiki. You can also share a tutorial on this thread and link to that post. :yarn:

If you you’re sharing a link, please do it on the following form:

Short description of the tutorial, [link](<insert url here>).

If you want to write down the full tutorial here and/or add some images, please write a short description and hide the details .

Knitting Tutorials

Crocheting Tutorials

4 Likes

I tried knitting, but I failed really badly. :pensive::white_heart:

3 Likes

Aw :pleading_face: I can help you if you want to! Or maybe try crocheting? I personally think crocheting is easier to learn but knitted clothes are prettier than crocheted. Amigurumi is super cute and fun :heart_eyes: (not sure if it’s a verb or noun so I use it as both lol)

4 Likes

I know how to do both but I’ve been crocheting a bit more. I don’t prefer one over the other, they’re both fun and relaxing.

I love crocheting amigurumi, small animals or creatures! :heart_eyes: For knitting I’m not really sure. I did knit a pair of gloves ones. :thinking: Something not too complicated because I don’t want to have to think that much.

Any creation of yours that you want to share?

I shared this on the amigurumi topic but I can share it here too.

I would love to share the gloves I made but I gave them to my mom and have no idea where they are.

How did you learn how to knit and/or crochet?

My mom taught me the basics of both knitting and crocheting when I was pretty young because it was kind of my hobby, lol. Then I learned more specific thing on my own.

@ShanniiWrites you should share your knitting stuff here :pleading_face::heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hehe I’m currently working on a mouse! I’ll use the new bookmark feature to make sure I comment on this after work :3

3 Likes

Awww! :heart_eyes: Yay! :star2: Are you crocheting?

2 Likes

I have the patterns for crocheting/knitting a load of harry potter stuff

2 Likes

I am super setting this to watching because my lord this thread rules

2 Likes

That’s awesome! :heart_eyes: A knuffle would be super cute hehe ^^

Hehe, yay! :partying_face:

2 Likes

A wat?

2 Likes

Oh, they’re called niffler XD heh

2 Likes

Awww… sadly I dont

2 Likes

I love knitting, it’s one of my stress relievers. I know how to crochet but I prefer knitting as I’ve done a little amount of crocheting. I knit basic patterns, mainly scarves and such, I’m working on a quilt. I can’t share any because none of them are finished… and I don’t really use patterns, I kinda experiment what I do. I learned to knit and crochet at a church class over the summer and it’s interesting and super fun! I’ll try to find some knitting and crocheting tutorials, I know Brit + Co have some, but they cost money if you haven’t bought some of their products.

3 Likes

Awesome! :heart_eyes:

I don’t mind :laughing: But good luck finishing them! I’m excited to see how they look like :dizzy:

Nice! When knitting I usually end up with just knitting a scarf just for fun, no pattern. Hm… yeah. I would like to follow a more complicated pattern soon. I’m just too lazy to invest in the right yarn and needles.

:heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Hehe work in progress

14 Likes

That’s amazing!

7 Likes

:3 Thank you!

6 Likes

It’s too much :sob:

6 Likes