The Selection - Official RP Thread

:coffee: Maid of Rosemary Edith Dolloway :coffee:

Sera sighed. “I guess you’re right…” she replied. She’d been too caught up in finishing her work, that she never stopped to think whether it would be a smart decision or not. “It’s been a long day since the girls arrived.” she added. If Sera were being honest, she would prefer for the day to end so she could finally rest, but she couldn’t just abandon her work.

Realizing that the guard doesn’t recognize her either, made Sera feel relieved about not remembering who he is. “I’ve been working here for three years.” she replied without hesitation. “What about you?”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond ~ Enzo Capitani

1 Like

When the girl sighed he realized maybe he was too harsh on her. She isn’t a soldier, she’s just a girl, so he told her, in a softer but still hard voice “However … It’s common for people to rush what they’re doing if they’re at the end of their rope or if they need to do a lot in a short amount of time.” He responded.
“I know, their arrival was hard on everybody.”

Enzo didn’t want to disclose how long he’s been working there, partially becuase he wasn’t keeping track, but also because he doesn’t care for sharing too personal of statements. “That’s no concern of yours, all you need to know if that I’ve been here since before you came.”

@idiot.exe

1 Like

Sera nodded, listening to Enzo’s advice. He was older than her, so naturally he’d know a lot more than she would. “I guess, I’ve never been good at stopping until my work is finished.” she said. She wasn’t used to sharing how she feels, so this was a bit weird for her. “I know I can rely on other maids too, but…” she paused, knowing she can’t just say “I don’t trust them to do the work as well as me.”

She was a bit disappointed that the guard refused to answer. “I see. I don’t think it was my business to ask, anyway.” she stated, although she wanted to say that would apply to him as well. If Enzo could know how long Sera’s worked there, why couldn’t she? She decided to let that slide, not wanting to start an argument. “We’re almost at the laundry room.” she said instead. Working as a maid, she knew the directions to that room by heart.

1 Like

“Same here, I’ve only known work my whole life.” He said and continued listening.
“I understand you completely. When it comes to other guards I don’t trust they’d have a sense of direction withouth somebody telling them what to do.” Enzo said, but regretted it afterwards, he didn’t want her to go reapeating what he said about them to the others, but he relaxed as soon as he remebered she feels the same about her maids and told him so.

“Yes I know.” Enzo answered. To him, holding a conversation was the same as the texbook example where only the facts are presented and that’s it. He never enjoyed talking a great deal because at the end, no matter how much he blabbed and liked it during the conversation, at the end he would always regret everything he said knowing he showed to much of what he’s like. Anybody who thinks they know Enzo would swear he isn’t like anything, becuase he’s that distant to everybody he knows.
As they reached the end of the corridor where a door leading to the laundry room was, Enzo was surprised the girl kept the same pace as him while walking with him, thinking at some point he would have to slow down. Suppose she’s just that good of a worker to walk at the same pace as him. This made him want to open the door to her and say “Ladies first.” He usually doesn’t think of such things in time to do them, so the only times he’s ever opened the door for ladies were if they were royals, or if he remebered in time.

@idiot.exe - Sera

1 Like

Sera was a bit surprised that Enzo could understand her without needing to finish her sentence. Still, she felt relieved to hear that someone else felt the same, as she feared she would sound too harsh. “Ah, well, it’s not that they’d do a bad job without me. That would be arrogant of me to say…” she replied, turning her eyes away. “I’ve just lived by the principle that if you want something done right, you do it yourself.” she added. Sera figured she would stop talking, feeling as if she’s boring him by talking too much about herself.

Just as she was about to hold the door open for the guard, it seemed he beat her to it. This was the first time anyone had done that for her, but then again, she’s never really spoken to anyone for longer than two minutes. She nodded with a smile, thanking him. “You can hand me the towels now.” she extended her free arm. “I appreciate your help this far.” she said, a bit awkward, as she wasn’t used to anyone helping her either. The entire day was full of new experiences. A bit overwhelming for someone who preferred overly predictable situations.

1 Like

miramira

“Samira, Pijon mwen.” Samira, My Dove. Her father approached her dressing quarters, hands fastened securely behind his back, His posture and mere presence screamed authority with every step he took inching towards her vanity mirror. His words were sweet, but Samira knew her father all too well, behind those supposed kind words was a speech full of expectation and pre-judgement. “Papa, li bon pou wè ou.” Father, it’s good to see you. “Yes, Today’s the day you will make your family proud.” Her father smiled brightly, placing a firm hand on her shoulder. “You will meet the royal family and compete against the 30 other women standing for a chance to win the young prince’s heart.” Her father highlighted the number of women she’d be in competition with like it was a plaque on the wall, itching to get pulled down.

"I have high expectations for you Samira, You are the last of your sisters to get married. The last to bring more prosperity to the Baptiste lineage, and the last one to prove your worth in this family. She nearly rolled her eyes, Oh please. The “last” one to prove her worth as if she hadn’t been breaking her back for this family since the tender age of 8. “Yes, Papa.” Samira noted, her reaction almost robotic over the years of sly words and under meaning tones her father snared her with, She questioned if he just mistreated her for looking the most like her mother out of her siblings. Snapping a diamond-encrusted earring into her empty ear she stood, Revealing a black off-the-shoulder dress with beautiful gold increments, bracelets and necklaces draped off her collarbone.

“Wonderful!” Her father piqued up, if he did anything positive for her, it would be that he kept her in the latest of Sonage fashion. Even the items that hadn’t been released would be in her hand long before the public even heard about it. “You will surely swoop the prince off of his feet.” Her father chuckled, “Maids!” He swiftly clapped his hands as a few maids ran into the quarters, Putting on last minute touches, Spritzing hairspray on her curls and fixing the smudge on her lipstick. In a weird sense she was happy to be free from her Father’s outrageous demands for awhile, She’d been preparing so much that she’d hardly had the time to even ponder the situation for what it was. Winning this competition was more than just a task for her, It was a duty if she didn’t win she’d disappoint her family and bring shame to their name. She was already 19, Closing in to 20 without even as much as an engagement ring did not sit well with her Father.

“Ready the car, I expect everyone to see to it that Samira has perfected her harp lessons, Then have her brush up on her manners.” Her father barked out orders to the maids as Samira sighed, “Papa, Must I do all of these unnecessary tasks before I arrive?” Samira argued, “Unnecessary!?” Her father spun on his heel to face his daughter, “You must be a behaved wife, A mother my grandchildren can count on. Correct?” Her father stated sternly. “But Papa.” She stammered, “Enough.” Her father raised his hand to silence Samira, She folded her arms and brushed past him, hurrying to the car. “Hopefully I get the opportunity to run off like my mother did, maybe then I wouldn’t have to live up to his expectations for a day.” Samira huffed. Plopping down on-to the soft cushion the vehicle provided. “Here’s to new challenges, new trials, and new headaches.” Samira murmured under her breath.

After a decent ride, They arrived at the palace, Samira thought her home was big. But no, oh no. The palace was huge bold in decoration, bright in color, and astonishing in pattern. Stepping out of the vehicle, She turned to her Father. “Well. It’s time, Papa.” Samira brushed a curl behind her shoulder, “Make us proud, Mira. Make me proud.” Her father noted, “Epi pa fè sa, tounen vid.” And don’t, come back empty handed. He stated sternly swiftly strutting back to the vehicle, not a single hug or I love you was released from his lips, only the same hardened heart he presented to his youngest child every time. But now was not the time to let her father get the best of her, Samira handed the palace maid her belongings and waltz into the entrance, she was hit with a slight smell of wood, burning incents and a variety of perfume from the other girls who’d previously arrived. “Interesting.” Samira raised an eyebrow to the state of the palace, Intrigued by the scenery.

APPROACHABLE. Also, Samira and her family are Haitian so if you see her speaking in Haiti, I’ll provide the English translation to go along with it. :wink:

3 Likes

Enzo stopped her sentence in the middle and said “It’s not arrogant if it’s true. And since it’s been one minute of me knowing you I can already tell you’re hardworking, I dare say it’s probably true.” Then he allowed her to finish her sentence. And when she finished her sentence he chuckled and said “You just described my parents. When you said, I’ve lived by the principle, I could imagine my dad and my grandfather telling me never to trust anybody else with something I want done in a specific way. So that’s the same principle I adopted.” He was happy to meet another person so like him.

He put the towels on the top of the washer despite what she told him, mostly because he was too busy watching her hands wrapped around the bottom towel to heard her suggesting he give her the towels. He then opened the washer and put some of the coffee stained towels in there. He opened the wardrobe for some new pants, but he was surprised to find none in there. He turned around to face her a bit ashamed of what he’s about to ask, in front of such a young girl, so he made it subtle withouth having to say fully what it is “Do you mind if I?”

@idiot.exe

1 Like

Sera smiled hearing the guard compliment her. That was another first, what a day! It was so unusual that she didn’t know how to respond for a few seconds. “…I appreciate it, really.” she finally responded. As for why a stranger was being so nice to her, she had no answer. “That’s an admirable principle, so I’m glad you had someone to teach it to you.” she said. It was also nice to see that someone shares her worldview, it made her feel a little less lonely, even for a second.

As soon as they arrived in the laundry room, Sera has been occupied with putting the towels in the washers. Enzo asked if she minded something, though she wasn’t sure what he meant exactly. “Of course not, I know you’re busy.” she replied, opening another cupboard to get new towels. She assumed he meant he was leaving. “I’ll be finishing here soon, too.” she added. The towels were already in the washer, all she needed to do was get new ones and bring them to lady Edith. Of course, there was also her apron, but… She kind of forgot.

1 Like

Evening w/Elijah - mood board

Cohen nodded to what Elijah was saying. He wondered how many of the royal marriages are really love or more political. Maybe they fell in love after the selection and in time, but how many women were made queens because they were a fan favorite? It made sense in a sad way. Gain the country’s love by letting them pick really. He hoped that Elijah’s sister did well, if not for becoming queen but for her family also. It would bring them a lot of recognition. Cohen respected Elijah, therefore he would put his bet on his sister for now. It’s not like he knows much about any of the other girls to really have a say. And he doesn’t have a say. They were pretty, that’s all he knew. What do you say we ditch the post and head out for a bit?

@CerealKiller oh my bad I’m sorry!

1 Like

// Walking around //

Alviva gave Camila an encouraging smile as she noticed that Camila got a little shy by her compliment.“I think you already are, whether you’re here or not,” she says sincerely. Alviva was sure of this because she herself looked up to Camila.

Alviva started laughing when Camila talked about how her father wouldn’t let her hold the camera at first, but she thought it was impressive that she came from a generation of photographers. “That’s really cool, I always find it very interesting to hear how families pass on a hobby or work” I say and I think. “With us everyone does something different. Everyone has something that makes them part of the second Caste, but most don’t interact with each other” she explains. The idea of getting up early didn’t do much for her. “I’m a morning person, as soon as the sun comes up I’m awake, but watch out, I’m going to be a walking zombie the later it gets” she jokes before Camila answers her question. “Oh nonsense, you’re very easy going, there’s no way the prince wouldn’t click with you,” she argues. As for Alviva; “I don’t really know. I’m terrified that I’ll embarrass myself and they’ll think there was a mistake in selecting me. I don’t know how to approach the Prince and I don’t really know what they are expecting of us, so I’m really looking for what I should do next,” she explains.

@Jass

1 Like

// Walking around //

Elena could still hear Leon’s annoying voice as she walked the halls. Where in the world have all those girls gone to, shouldn’t there be a few dozen?, Elena knew it was important to get to know the girls because it was her job to protect them where her male colleagues couldn’t go. But she wasn’t looking forward to it. She expected that most of the girls would be bloodsuckers to the prince and that they would either be emotional shy girls, arrogant self-centered twats or the very few who would actually be nice because they don’t really want to be here.

Elena is snapped out of her thoughts by one of the girls who had finally appeared and was now asking about the theatre. “Oh yes sure, I can lead you there” she says and she walks towards the theater. “I must warn you that nothing actually happens there very often. It is often for events and speeches. Very occasionally a private performance is given, but usually it is an empty space that is not used” she explains, as she regularly escapes from her colleagues and annoying attachments such as Leon. “Since I have been working here, there has never been anything here. done” she adds as she opens the double doors. “but tadaa” she says and leads her to the stage.

@idiot.exe - Rosemary

1 Like

Their family being represented in the actual selection meant a lot, and for Elijah especially considering that whole thing was very much related to his job and required his presence and attention. He was there to witness and care for his own sister’s safety from behind the scenes, but never too far or unavailable. He had two jobs, protect her especially and then protect everyone else.

Elijah looked around the area to check if it seemed like a good time and state to leave their post. Things seemed rather calm and normal, so maybe it’s fine I guess? ”Not sure that’s a good idea…” he started and glanced around a bit ”you know what, let’s go” he said walking past Cohen, patting the back of his shoulder as he headed out

@Madilnel

1 Like

Late Evening - with Fabianne

All Kit could do at first when she turned to face him, was to return a smile. Though, his was surely goofier than her than her soft smile, not as relaxed or charming as he would’ve preferred. He nodded just slightly as he listened to her say she had been playing since she was young, and it sounded like it. She then said how she couldn’t sleep, giving a beautiful smile as she asked if he couldn’t sleep either. He paused for a few seconds, which he hoped wasn’t long enough to seem abnormal, to remind himself what she was asking and how to answer. After all, its not always the easiest thing to react at full speed when unexpectedly facing your crush, that you hadn’t yet met, late in the evening. He then shook his head just slightly. “No, I couldn’t. Too much change going on to sleep.” He paused for just a second, looking to the piano she was siting at then back to her. “But now I’m glad I couldn’t.”

@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Early Evening - with Azra

“Only if I have to be.” he said with a slight chuckle when Azra jokingly asked if he was dangerous. Though in reality, he really couldn’t be considered dangerous, but if it came down to it, he would do anything he had to in order to protect his family. “I guess you’re safe for now and I can answer a deep question.” Love was something he had been raised to want. Even if he wasn’t of the same blood, he grew up just the same as his brother and sister hearing their parents’ love story, seeing how totally and completely in love they were. “Falling in love. Well, it should be what everyone hopes for, shouldn’t it? Falling in love is finding someone who becomes a part of your life, that you can’t imagine being without, that you would rather go through the worst things imaginable than to let them hurt for even a moment.” he said with a slight shrug as he looked at her. “What about you. You said it yourself, you’re here to fall in love, so what’s your take on the idea of falling in love, or even on being here?”

@Madilnel

3 Likes

The guard was direct in how she spoke. Hearing that the theater is rarely full made Edith feel a bit disappointed. She was hoping to find a schedule of performances she could watch, because otherwise, she’d find herself bored in a place so far from home, with nothing familiar to keep her occupied. Unfortunately, that was an anticlimactic end to an otherwise eventful day. Despite that, the room looked just as nice as the rest. Edith looked around, admiring the scene, before turning to the guard.

“A shame, really. I wish more people would appreciate a good performance and the people who work hard for it.” she said, while her smile hadn’t faded since the moment they met. “Still, thank you for your help. While we are here, how about we get to know each other, if you don’t mind?” Edith asked. Though, she knew the guard might be busy. It was important for a guard to always be on duty and Edith understood that, but it wouldn’t hurt to try and build connections. “Though of course, I wouldn’t want to hold you up.” she added, just in case.

@Meekepeek ~ Elena O’Brian

1 Like

// theater //

Elena shrugged when the girl remarked that it is a pity that the theater is not used much. “People like to do this kind of thing outside the house. The royal family is often too busy to organize many things like this. Sometimes there are staff members who come together and do theater exercises here, as a kind of hobby group” she explains.
To the question of them getting to know each other, Elena started to chuckle. “Oh you’re not holding me up, it’s actually in my job discription right now to get to know you girls” I explain, making sure my tone won’t be mistaken for sacasm. “so you’re an theater geek?” She asked bluntly but then quickly added, “I mean this in the most positive and kind way by the way”.

@idiot.exe - Rosemary

1 Like

“I understand.” she nodded “But, you said the staff do theater exercises?” she asked, unsure if she heard the guard correctly. If they had talent, Edith couldn’t understand why they work as maids and guards instead. But she decided to wait for a reply before asking anything else.

Edith was at least glad that she wasn’t keeping the guard from doing her work. It would be irresponsible of her to be chatting when she has to protect the palace. Though, in a way, it felt like Edith had a personal bodyguard, even if it were only for the duration of the conversation. It felt nice, as she had to leave her bodyguards behind when entering the palace. "Well, that is nice to hear. My name is Rosemary Edith Dolloway, though I usually go by Edith. she extended her hand.

Theater geek…? Edith paused. She wasn’t used to people not recognizing her, but it was expected now that she was away from home. She was a bit surprised, but instead, decided to laugh it off. “Actually, I’m an actress, so you could say that.”

1 Like

Evening w/kit - mood board

I guess you’re safe for now She smirked up at him and raised a brow. I suppose I won’t let me guard down just yet then! She responded back. She still wasn’t sure what he did here at the castle. He said he could be dangerous when he wanted to be. Did that mean he might be a guard and if there is a threat he can turn it on basically. I have to warn you though, if you try anything I do have four brothers - and a very intense mom Azra added to her statement with a little clicking nose of her tongue against the roof of her mouth. Her brothers could be a bit over protective in her opinion but she knew they would always be there for her. If something were to happen she knew her whole family would detective up and be on a man hunt.

Azra listened to him answer her question. It wasn’t the answer she thought she would get in all honesty. It seemed more, thought out and achievable. Most people think of falling in love being a fairytale. Love at first sight. Was that even real? I mean lust at first sight yes, but how are you to know if you are compatible without even talking? What about you. You said it yourself, you’re here to fall in love, so what’s your take on the idea of falling in love,
She did have a take. I don’t think “falling” should be how it’s done. I think to have an authentic relationship both people should be standing on both feet and meet as full humans. They should be grounded and have stability. I would love to fall in love. But what’s wrong? Fall is what’s wrong with the sentence. she knew this didn’t sound nearly as romantic but she wanted something that would last and be real. or even on being here? as far as being here…I am proud. I am proud for myself, my family, my province, and the prince. Now, that sounds a little weird but I am proud he gets a choice. It isn’t just a marriage to unite two countries or for money but instead he gets to find the one he chooses his heart for.

@Littlefeets

1 Like

//theater//

Elena nodded when she asked about the staff. “Don’t expect too much, you know how some people have like a little side hobby they do to release stress? well they orginized a little group and just do theater games after work hours to relax and have a good time. It’s nothing serious but it’s fun to see sometimes, great entertainment” She explained with a grin. “The name is Elena by the way, last name O’brian but never call me that as I’ll just give you a side eye” She jokingly introduced herself.

When Edith explained that she was an actrice, I nodded. “Aaah, so you’re a proffesional theater geek” She joked but you could tell in her tone that she wasn’t trying to be disrespectful. “At least you’ve made it further than me. I would tell you my job, but I have a hunch you already know it” she smirked.
@idiot.exe - Edith

1 Like

“I see.” she replied. “If I ever have time, I’ll make sure to drop by. It sounds pretty fun.” Edith laughed at Elena’s introduction, noting to never refer to her by last name.

So far, the conversation was going well. Edith didn’t need to put in a lot of effort to be liked, as Elena seemed pretty laid back. It was nice, considering how tired Edith felt, she wouldn’t have been able to analyze her every move if something went wrong. “I wouldn’t say I made it further than you. We all have a part to play and neither is better than the other.” she said, although she didn’t entirely mean it. Edith worked hard to get where she is, in terms of carreer, including constantly putting in effort to be liked and stay at the top. Although she didn’t understand why someone would want to be a guard, Elena wasn’t an enemy. She had no reason to interfere with her role. “Without you, how would the people at the palace be safe?”

1 Like