The Selection - Official RP Thread

// balcony //

Alviva got nervous from Camila’s reaction, afraid that she had put her family in a bad light. This made it even more appreciated that she didn’t elaborate on her family’s relationship.

Camila’s reaction about how many siblings she had made her laugh. “yes, most families are small and don’t have more than 3 children. However, we are a bit more. I am the 9th child and I am 10 years apart from my youngest brother. They are 1 to 2 years apart, so my oldest sister Diana is 38 at the moment and her children are a little younger than me. We always joked that I was an accident” she explains with a laugh.

Camila’s proposal to move was a good idea, thought Alviva. Even if they ran into several girls, at least they were together and that made things less scary. With a nod she confirms to go and they start walking together.

The sentence was the first Alviva had heard in Spanish before. She didn’t know what it meant then, but it already sounded warm, which made the meaning even more beautiful. “thank you, that means a lot” she says softly with a friendly smile. “I hope I can offer you the same hospitality when needed… Or whenever you want” she offers her.

“By the way, know that you’re complicit if I break something during our reconnaissance, because you suggested we walk around,” she then remarks in a joking tone and gives Camila a teasing grin.

@Jass - Camila

1 Like

//Non-garden//

It was clear that the man had a similarity in manner of speaking, and, judging by his posture, he began to relax a little. It was not entirely clear why it was easier to talk to the staff than to the participants for her as well. Maybe it was because there was less pressure behind it or because there were less consequences to talking to him.

Sanura turned a blind eye to the fact that the man hadn’t given his own name and she mentally decided that she would tease him about it again when the time was right.

“there are also doors you know? That’s pretty much their only function outside of making it clear to people that you don’t want to talk to them” she remarks despite accepting his offer and crawling through the window.
“what a gentleman” she adds teasingly as she lets go of his hand.

“I actually call this a garden already, but there must be an official term that people use who actually have such a ‘non-garden’ in their house,” she says. “But since you look at the ‘garden’ like there’s an urban legend where everyone who goes in never comes out, we’ll stay here,” she adds as she follows his gaze. “In addition, I think I will use your assistance again in the near future if I want to avoid another social event, so at least we have a destination when that time comes” she jokes.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Thomas

1 Like

Early Evening - with Azra

To say Kit was ready for 35 girls to move into his home, would be an overstatement. Its not that he wasn’t hoping for the best for his brother, or even that he wasn’t looking forward to meeting the girls themselves, perhaps a certain few in particular, he just wasn’t a fan of all the change. He had never been a fan of change, and there had been far too much of it in the past months especially… since his father died. However, ready or not, today was the day. The normal he knew didn’t exist anymore, he just had to try to act like it did.

All of the attention was on the selected. The cameras wouldn’t be on him, and they would have plenty going on with meeting Rosalie and their mom, he didn’t need to be there. Really, he had nothing he had to do, and that’s just how he liked it. By the time the evening came around, Kit was walking down a hall he had thought was empty until he saw a girl in a relatively simple lavender dress that looked , one of the selected. When she saw him, she started by asking where the dining room was, then told him about her being left behind by someone who was supposed to show her the way there. ”Really? He just left you behind? I wouldn’t blame you for not wanting to walk barefoot, the floor is pretty cold. And I don’t think her royal bossiness would approve. Of that or the swearing” Kit said, referring to his sister, though that hadn’t stopped him in the past. ”You have every right to be upset, but you’re in good hands now. Come with me.”

@/Madilnel

3 Likes

cooltext427968596806091
It threw Camila off for a second that Alviva was the 9th child “That’s a lot. It is indeed quite funny how your sobrinos are only a bit younger than you are”. she said. “I actually was an accident,” she confided in Alviva “my parents were still young, no access to control de la natalidad. No shock there that she got pregnant.” she chuckled a bit before continuing explaining “Even if they had not planned to have children already, they accepted my arrival, and loved me ever since.” thinking about her parents made her light up and smile.

“That is very kind of you” she smiled when Alviva returned the hospitality “You must know all the best and cosy places in your house, if you have spent so much time inside. I bet we would have a fun time” she said looking at Aliviva. “Not sure if Angeles is the ideal place for a holiday for me though” she said crossing her arms to illustrate it was cold for her.

By the time Alviva joked about breaking stuff, they had arrived in a hallway decked out with fancy vases, paintings, ect. It was not too dissimilar from a gallery in a museum. Instead of replying with words, Camila acted dramatically as if she was to bump into a vase. “Oops, we should better be careful in that case” she jokingly said, before realising she had actually nearly knocked over another vase with her ball gown, which was obviously much bigger than the normal clothes she was used to. “Okay, for real this time,” she said with a more serious tone “how do they expect us to not break things here when there is stuff everywhere? And in ball gowns. No es possible” she exclaimed slightly annoyed, more about the dress than anything else.

@Meekepeek - Alviva

1 Like

Early Evening - Hallway - with Enzo

So much had to happen in such a short time. The selected were arriving that day and so many things had been rushed far more than it should have. The palace wasn’t quite up to the standard that Rosalie thought it needed to be, but nevertheless it would be what it was. All Rosalie could do was try to keep everything running smoothly and up to standard. Last she was aware, Beckett had been in his bedroom as he wasn’t to meet the girls until the morning, her mother had her own duties to attend to as well as meeting some of the selected, and Kit… there was no telling what he was up to or where he was. Rosalie however found herself walking down a hallway and came across one of the palace guards quietly observing everything he passed by. Enzo Capitani, a man who had been working at the palace since before she was born. “Is everything to your satisfaction Mr. Capitani?”

Outfit

@/LunaticLeviTheSecond

2 Likes

song - Early Evening w/Kit - mood board

Azra had talked to guys many times. The problem was, they were all her brothers friends and they never saw her as anything but their friends sister. She had never had a boy in her life that was anything more than that really. She had a few guy friends and a crush here and there but that was only ever it. In all honesty, they mostly got on her nerves. Maybe because she was expected to mature quickly to help her mom out with things and she always felt a distance between herself and anyone her age. Other than her twin.

She felt a little embarrassed only about the swearing. She didn’t mean to, though she also didn’t really mean to hold it back. Her bit of a “potty mouth” came from being around her mom so often. She swore about the smallest things, but the second Azra did she would get a warning look. She could almost feel her mom staring into her soul right now. She figured she should monitor it a little better while being here though. Especially if she were talking to someone in the royal family. *You have every right to be upset She smiled and nodded to this validation of her feelings. She was glad she wasn’t just being a bit hot headed. but you’re in good hands now She raised a brow and smirked to this. She let her eyes fall to his hands and almost made a dirty joke (thanks to her brothers for these thoughts) but since she just met this man, decided against it! Come with me. Lead the way She said to him with another quick nod. She was a bit hungry, she hadn’t eaten all day because of nerves. I am Azra (ah-z-ra) by the way, maybe should’ve led with that and not just assumed you wanted to hear my rant

@Littlefeets

2 Likes

”Now you know how I feel every time you’re the late one ” Elijah responded to his friend’s remark as he got to his post. In all his time at the palace, Cohen was the one person he connected with most, they might have had a small age difference, but in a way Cohen was like a younger brother to him, and considering Elijah was indeed an older brother, the feeling of it just felt normal to him even though Cohen wasn’t actually related to him. He was family by choice.

”I don’t know much about the bets, I just know my personal favourite” he said, regarding his half sister who was now part of the selected girls. He hadn’t gotten to see her since her arrival at the palace but that brotherly protective part of him was looking for her around as he did his own things, after all, being a guard was a rather busy lifestyle.

”I feel like there are some big personalities around the girls here, this selection is not going to be boring for sure” he added later, looking around at the people.

@Madilnel Cohen

3 Likes

// walking around the castle (the corridor of accidents) //

As Alviva listens to Camila tell her she was unexpected, a small smile grows on her face. There was something bittersweet about Camila growing up in a warm family. But it was definitely for Alviva that she wished Camila such a family. “That’s what you call a happy little accident,” she says jokingly.

Alviva thought about her favorite places in the house. “I wouldn’t necessarily call it cosy, but there’s a spot I always go to. Our attic is mainly used for storage, but one of the windows has a deep window sill. A few years ago I put some old cushions there and now it’s my favorite place to read when my parents are away it’s far from perfect as it’s a poorly maintained attic with lots of dust and plenty of vermin but it’s my own place and with a little tlc it does feel nice there.” she explains they turn the corner into ‘the corridor of accidents’.

Alviva giggled at first at Camila jokingly pretending to break a vase, but when she actually almost did it and Camila’s face turned from joking to actual concern, a little snort escaped her mouth and she quickly covered her mouth.
“I know right!?” she than exclaimed at Camila’s remark. “I had to convince the maids to give me a short dress with no tail for that exact reason, it’s not a comfort thing, it’s a safety for your stuff thing” she added while laughing.

@Jass - Camila

I was this close calling it the corridor of doom

1 Like

Margo smiled at the girl’s comment of her fondness regarding creepy things, which just sort of proved to her that her first impression of her was probably pretty accurate. She was definitely going to be a fun one. ”a real firecracker” she told her, looking over at the girl, who’s name she didn’t know yet. She was pretty, to say the least… she was bloody gorgeous, though many of the girls here were, it was probably part of the reason they were chosen, so it makes sense in a way. The girl had a beautiful dress that just fit her perfectly, and it’s important to appreciate beauty when you see it.

”wait what do you mean you almost burnt the house down?” she then asked, partly confused partly surprised at the information that was just given to her.

The girl then introduced herself as Lore and put her hand out for an handshake, ”Margo” she introduced herself back and shook Lore’s hand ”definitely a pleasure to meet you, Lore” she smiled

@Kristi Loreee

3 Likes

cooltext427968596806091
“For sure” she laughed “Though, I wasn’t a little accident” she said while air quoting the little “My mom didn’t have an easy time if you get what I mean.” It was true Camila had been quite big from her birth, and even now she was taller and somewhat heavier than average.

The explanation of the window sill made Camila smile. “That sounds like a lovely place” she said “One I would love. Sadly I don’t have any private place at all in my house, even always shared my bedroom with my younger sisters” she said dramatically rolling her eyes “Just joking, I love them to death, even if they are little demonios” she giggled. "But what types of books do you enjoy reading? as she was a frantic reader herself this made her curious.

“For me it’s a both thing” she said “not a fan off these formal dresses either way” she laughed as she reorganised her dress to fit properly again after the physical joke. “I would prefer some shorts with a cute top, or a sun dress for that matter, but these corset long dresses, not my thing” she explained.

As they continued walking, Camila noticed the library “Let’s have a look around here” she suggested “I can imagine there being some libros muy interesante

@Meekepeek - Alviva

2 Likes

In a way, Fabianne understood what the girl meant when she talked about tutoring and memorizing things. She herself might have not been tutored her whole life, but she did in a way tutor herself, she loved learning new information, reading stuff, learning and understanding things that she didn’t understand before, so it just made sense to her. ”I suppose I can understand that” she said ”but it’s better to know things rather than not. she then added

”as long as you have something to occupy you during the journey, it doesn’t usually feel as long as it really is” she said, even though her journey as well wasn’t that long either, but keeping herself occupied was always better than doing nothing.

She then asked her what she did outside the selection, to which she then replied ”I am not studying anything currently although I really want to, I mostly help my mother around the house, and play the piano at weddings and events of sort” she told her. Fabianne loved the piano, it was one of the main things she had learned from her brother and simply fell in love with it, it calmed her down and in a way just made her a happier person. ”how about you?” she then curiously asked.

@Jass Emberlynn

1 Like

cooltext427968437153658
“I must agree with you approaching it from that sentiment” she said “The knowledge one possesses, is one of their most vulnerable characteristics.” In fact, Emberlynn had a tendency to look down upon people who were not well educated nor were articulate in conversation. She could appreciate people with significant knowledge, especially if they were well-spoken about that knowledge.

“Once again, I must say you are right” she said said with a subtle nod “On my journey to Berlin, I brought Pride and Prejudice, a marvellous piece of literature I must remark.” she took a brief pause before continuing “I had finished before the airplane had touched ground in Europe, the five and eight hour flights had passed as if it was nothing with a wonderful distraction as such” she smiled thinking about it, she had loved the truly old school romantic love in the book. She craves that happy ending and true, pure, love for her own life.

"What would you be keep on studying? she had asked her, before answering the returned question “I recently finished the education programme my parents had kindly arranged for me. They would like seeing me join them in the medical field.” she hesited for a second before continuing “However, I would fancy a more industrial occupation later on in life, namely in engineering, for which further education is required” She felt vulnerable, expressing to Fabianne that she did not want to follow in her parents footsteps.

@CerealKiller - Fabianne

1 Like

// walking around //

Alviva nodded as Camila talked about getting a place for herself. “You’ll be surprised, and I think you’ll soon notice, so you’ve been warned with this one, if you’re used to having a lot of people around you, it’s very lonely without them,” she explains. Well, it was for Alviva that even when her siblings were still living at home, she wasn’t often involved with them, but when they left, that emptiness only got worse.
“until I was 4 I still lived with 6 of my brothers and sisters. We had a big enough house but you knew someone was always home. Every few years someone left until my youngest brother was the last to leave the house when I was 13. Suddenly it was just me and my parents, so that big house just felt emptier. Your brothers and sisters might make you crazy, but there’s also something beautiful about it that you can only have with them,” she explains.

When asked which books she mostly read, she became nervous. “Um… Well… You see…I’m not really… The smartest person there is… And studying has always been difficult for me… So the books I read are more… Simple and… Fictional…” she mumbles grudgingly. Then she lets out a sigh. “what about you? Do you read often books? I hear most of our age don’t do that much anymore” she asks.

Until now she was still able to understand Camila’s statements through the other sentences and knowing what the conversation was about. It was mostly a gamble, but she knew she was close. This time, however, this did not work and with a squeezed smile she summons the courage to ask “uhm what does libras may mean?”. She asks carefully as she is scared to offend her.

@jass - Camila

1 Like

The way she spoke really showed the way she was raised, she seemed like a very educated, classic and elegant young woman, which in a way made Fabianne a little worried regarding the whole competition aspect of this thing. Not to look down on herself, but she didn’t grow in that environment, she didn’t know how it was to be so fancy and high class, all she knew was from the books she had read, but nothing in reality. Wether or not she was fit to be princess was something she couldn’t yet figure out.

”oh I love pride and prejudice, it reall is a masterpiece” she replied with a light nod, agreeing with the sentiment about the book she herself has read more than once in her life. ”I wonder what the palace library looks like, that assuming there is one. But I am quite sure there must be at least one somewhere around here” she then added, wondering about the library. In general there were a lot of places in the palace she wished to see, this whole new setting was something she was dying to explore, but since they were indeed talking about books, it was only fair that this specific location came to mind.

”i wish to study history and literature, solely for the fact that I find the subject fascinating and important, but I am also considering studying the whole branch of composition and music theory” she explained ”it truly is something I enjoy” she added. Talking about things she was passionate about was always something she found easy to do, it just flowed naturally as if she didn’t have to think of what to say or things like that, so needless to say, she was enjoying this.

”there is nothing wrong with wanting to follow you own passions rather than your parents” she then stated. Following in the musical direction wasn’t technically following in the footsteps of her parents, considering it wasn’t her own father who brought music to the family, but her older brothers father, who passed away before she was born. ”you seem like an intelligent independent woman I’m sure you could succeed in any occupation” she added with a light friendly smile

@Jass Emberlynn

1 Like

Words of love

Lore smirked when the girl asked how she almost burnt the house down, “I’m actually half witch on my mother’s side.” She joked, “On a more ‘serious’ note when I was born, my mom was burning something and her water broke, my family rushed to the hospital and the fire?” Lorelai shook her head, “It was still fcking burning. Almost destroyed my family manor and all, but fortunately for us there was a maid who saw the fire.” Lore explained, like it was some sort of ‘oopsie’ thing that everybody has gone through- maybe house fire’s were more uncommon than what Lore thought. Growing up, Lore thought that it was not mere coincidence that she was a ‘fire’ child, and she knows its going to sound crazy but when you’re rich and hot a little touch of insanity is allowed, right? Yeah. Moreover, Lore felt like her being a fire child represented that she was going to be something big in the future, something big enough to destroy or rebirth an idea or thing but Lore didn’t know quite what that thing would be. She had hoped that whatever it is though, it would be rebirth- rebirth a new idea or thing and make her family proud instead of the other one. Destroying sounded slightly good she wasn’t going to lie, the power that could come from destroying sounded nice (ok she was a little power hungry but what else could a woman in this world want if not power?) but she feared that it would mean destroying the Georgina lineage or anything concerning those she cares about, so she’s just hoping for rebirth. Superstitious? yeah but again she was Lore, her nickname literally meant myths, don’t blame her blame the situations.

“It probably means I’ll burn something in the future, like some of this castle’s ugly decorations and furniture” Lore said staring at an old, really old furniture (probably existed the time when nomads would roam) in front of her. She shouldn’t really be talking, her family has one of those things, but at least they kept it in the basement. She turned to look at the honey-blonde curly haired girl, “Don’t tell the royal family I said that.” She grinned.

“M-argo” Lore repeated with a small fond smile and a nod, “That’s a really cool name and the pleasure is all mine. I thought I would d!e of boredom in this palace before my 20s came in.” Lore could really not understand why anyone would want to live in this palace (that was a lie, she could perfectly understand for a lot of reasons, but a hater shalt always be a hater, no one will catch Lore lacking in that department.) “I would have of course occupied myself with archery, but I fear my boredom could lead me to do treason, do you like archery, Margo?” What Lore meant by that is that she feared that if she was too bored and repetitively did archery, she would come to dislike it, which would be like treason to herself. She hated repetition, she always needed something ‘new’ in her life. After all she wasn’t a cat, this was her only life.

@CerealKiller

1 Like

Andrea could tell Wren wasn’t comfortable at a party setting, but Andrea liked parties and wasn’t scared by it. But maybe Wren knew better than Andrea what it was like at a party like this, where everybody is competition to each other and Andrea was never at a party like that, and if she knew a party like this was being held, she just wouldn’t come. “Don’t worry, Wren, if we talk to each other through the night, people won’t approach us. Especially if we look like we’re deep in heated conversation and expressive with our hands. Trust me, they’ll look at us and think it’s not worth it to join our conversation as strangers and they’ll just go to someone else … That is unless there’s somebody here that wants to meet all her competitors, in that case somebody will.” Andie tried to comfort her friend.

@Ouijaloveletters

2 Likes

Wren visibly relaxed when Andie said that she’d stick with them throughout the night, nodding. “Yeah, I’d appreciate that. It’s not just the crowd that’s making me anxious, it’s also really loud in here. I’m used to noise, because the jeweler tools aren’t quiet, but this is completely different. People talking is completely different than hammering gold.” Andie then said someone might want to meet the competitors, and they nodded. “Yeah, probably. That’ll be awkward…oh boy. I’m just not going to think about it and stick with you.” Wren said, beginning to calm down.
@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Andie

1 Like

“There might be doors here, but won’t people notice if you walk out of the party?” Thomas asked a rethorical question as he was helping her out, knowing that the question wouldn’t matter since she accepted his offer.
When the lady asked what he would call ‘this’ he said “Well actually I would call what we just did defenestration.” He said in a mocking tone, putting his finger on the bridge of his nose as if to push glasses that have slipped down the nose up. In this way he mocked people that correct other people and use clever words in order to sound smarter or better than other people.
“No, I’m only joking.” He said as he offered her his arm to lead the way like a gentleman.
He continued “I would collectivley call this the outside, seeing as I’m used to call the hedge maze, the garden, I would be confused if somebody called this place, that’s just outside the window, the garden and told me I had to fix something there … I’d go to the garden and would be completely lost as to what needs to be fixed unless I asked my colleague for help. But you are right … On my first day working in the garden I almost got lost, and I felt like a protagonist in one of the stories my mother told me when I was young about little children getting lost. Well then I was transported through time into my old bed, when my mother was telling this to me and I was so scared I would take grab the edge of the blanket and bring it to my head and would cover everything except my eyes and ears so I could hear the story.” He said with a smile while leading her down somewhere, he didn’t even know where to lead her since he knew they would be caught talking if they stayed there, but the garden was out of question because the whole of it can be seen through the Royals’ windows.

@Meekepeek - Sanura

1 Like

Enzo did not see Princess Rosalie come from his side so when she spoke to him, he was surprised, but he managed to turn around to face her, and adress her correctly. “Your Royal Highness” He said as his he bowed his head. Is everything to his satisfaction? Enzo didn’t know how to answer that except by saying. “Everything that is to your satisfaction, m’am, is also to mine satisfaction.” He didn’t let small talk delay what he needed to do so he started talking. “M’am, the girls are all here, despite the lack of security and maids on one of the girls who asked for maids from her province to be provided, she’s safe and currently at the party, the security is doubled in and around the property and the guards have been rescheduled to better manage any attack that might happen, especially now during the selection, knowing people who liked your father might not agree with your brother. Is there any point you would like for me to go over again or any suggestion as for the security you’d like to give?” He asked.

@Littlefeets - Princess Rosa

1 Like

// outside //

“It ain’t a party without music,” Sanura responded simply with a shrug to his comment as she climbs through the window. For a second she doubts taking his arm, but then she decides to accept the offer and links her arm with his before she looks at him with a raised eyebrow. “you know what I call that? A word too expensive for my 6th caste vocabulary” she said dryly.
However, his next answer came even more unexpected than his expensive words. “I beg your pardon,” she stammers. “Last time I checked, both of these are outside,” she exclaims, with an emphasis on are outside, not understanding how he finds ‘outside’ more obvious than ‘in the garden’.
a few times she opens her mouth to say something but no form of intelligence is spoken until finally an actual sentence comes out of her mouth; “You just explained yourself that when you hear the garden, you have to think of the hedge maze, why don’t you just call it… the hedge maze” she asks with feigned frustration while waving her hands in circles for dramatic effect.
then she remains silent for a while as she inhales dramatically as if to cool down from her frustrations. Even adding the ‘meditation’ hand gesture for more effect. “Listen carefully, mister gardener, from now on that’s the hedge maze, this is the flower garden or indoor garden or courtyard, and everything is outside” she ends her overly dramatic speech about a simple name of some plants that are neatly grouped together to stand.

but the absolute breaking point for Sanura is the moment the man tells about his childhood and the scary stories. “oh my goodness, why do I see this like this, little you with your teddy bear and your blanket” she laughs loudly while she wipes away a tear. “I…” and a chuckle escapes, “will never take you seriously again when you try to flirt” she announces.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Thomas

1 Like