The Selection - Official RP Thread

cooltext427968596806091
Camila was happy to see that Alviva was now joking along with her. It made her feel a bit better to see that Alviva seemed a bit more comfortable. So Camila felt it was now okay to laugh at Alviva acting it out.
"I get you. I’m not native in English, so picking the right words can sometimes be a struggle, no es fácil." she said as she taught back to the countless times she had mixed up words or said things she didn’t mean like that.

While Camila expected some honesty, she hadn’t expected her to open up this much. It touched Camila. “You should be proud of yourself for being here, it shows you are willing to step out of your comfort zone” she said “I mean, I think being here will be an interesting and new experience, for all of us” she ended on a deep breath before answering the returned question. “It has been a lot for me, being here. My mom passed away a bit more than un año ago. It’s been a tough year. Being the oldest, I became caretaker of my younger siblings. Mi hermanos, I miss them already.” she said holding back a tear. “Back home, I’m always outside, so I hoped some fresh air would make me feel better.” She wanted to end her answer on a positive note “And it seemed like it did help, not sure if it is the fresh air or our conversation, but I feel better” followed by a chuckle.

@Meekepeek - Alviva

1 Like

// balcony //

Alviva gave Camila a polite smile. Alviva was not proud to be here because she had no choice. Her parents had given her up and decided that if she was elected it would be her last chance to prove herself. Camila’s family sounded very different from hers. “I’m sorry about your mom” she muttered softly. Even though she couldn’t understand some things, she understood the situation. “your family sounds like one that is very close. my sist-…my family lives very apart so we hardly ever see each other. I was the only one left in the house and my parents are often at work. Of course I love from them even though I don’t see them much,” she explains. Alviva wasn’t sure if the love she was talking about was the same that Camila felt for her family. But as a daughter you are supposed to love your parents…she knew that. “what is it like to be outside often? I was always jealous of the delivery guys who always delivered our stuff because he always had to go everywhere to deliver stuff…” she asks. “I say deliver too much, don’t I ?” she realizes immediately afterwards.

@Jass - camila

1 Like

cooltext427968596806091
“I’m sorry to hear that your parents aren’t giving you the attention and love you deserve” she reacted. “It must be tough having to be alone so much”. It was something Camila couldn’t necessarily relate to, there was always someone around the house, but she understood. She could feel that Alviva would have done a lot to have a better bond with her parents. “So, are you close with your sister, or not that much either?” she couldn’t help but be curious by the half mentioning of a sister by Alviva.
Camila laughed about the delivery comment “I would like to deliver the news to you that you haven’t used the word deliver too much in explaining the deliveries of the delivery guy” she replied jokingly. “Nah, you have nothing to worry about with your social skills, just be yourself.” she reasured her.
“But to answer your question, it is amazing being outside a lot. With my job, well, being a photographer a lot of the job is outside. But even better, la playa near mi casa is gorgeous, so when I have some free time I’m either on the beach or in the water. It just gives me a sense of freedom” she said before realising that might have been a very insensitive comment so she quickly followed it by “I hope from now on you will be able to enjoy the outdoors more”

@Meekepeek - Alviva

1 Like

Words of love

Lorelai walked around in circles, bored of staying in her room. She wondered if she could find something to do, did this palace have any fun places? Back at her family mansion, Lorelai had a whole gaming place which she typically used to play with her brothers and friends. Sometimes she would use it to host tea parties, but that was rarely, tea parties were more fun outside. Lorelai began to wonder how the princess or the other royals managed to live here, the castle felt so trapped (or maybe it was her bias against the prince and the castle but we will just let that slide)

She had continued wandering in the palace, looking at the paintings and portraits. Lore, saw a guard who resembled her brothers Ceasar and Agustus (Ceasar more but to be honest she couldn’t tell them apart, unless she hears them speak) but that was probably just her delusion from missing her mansion and doting family. Sigh, the amount of gifts and dresses she could have been getting right now. The food too she could be eating, sighhhh. She could have been a popstar trained by her mom or training with her elder brothers to become a powerful warrior. Maybe she could ask a maid if there was a sword training place she could use. She really wanted to train with a sword, the feeling of slashing and cutting was really fun too her. Lore started to remember the good ol days of hunting animals and criminals with her brothers and dad. The fact that even though her family thought of her as a ‘weak’ and ‘fragiled’ yet allowed her to be a lioness- tough, strong and firm made her smile. They were honestly the best family ever.

”I don’t know why, but I have a feeling you’re going to be fun”

A voice said, Lore turned to see a golden honey curly haired girl. The girl was pretty, with a light brown skin tone. She leaned against the frame of the door, ”not in a creepy way of course” Lore smirked back at that. “Really? I would have quite liked it to be a creepy way, I have a fondness for creepy things.” She joked, walking towards her. The girl seemed fun, maybe like the light Lore would need to be able to stay in this boring @ss castle and stomach meeting the vile prince who must not be named. Lore wondered, did the prince trap people under a bridge like some sort of troll? She was joking, obviously. He was a prince, he would most likely k!ll people in public like he killed her hopes and dreams. “And thanks, I’ve gotten that a lot. Ever since I was born, my parents said that I was born with fireworks in my hand.” She smiled, “Which means I almost burnt done my family house when I was born.” It was true, well kind off. When Lore was born, her mother was burning something away, when her water broke and everyone had to rush to her side. Her father taking her to the hospital quickly, nobody noticed the fire was still on. And if not for a maid, the mansion would have been burnt off, “I’m Lore” Lore said bringing her hands out for a handshake.

@cerealkiller

4 Likes

// balcony //

At Camila’s comment, Alviva’s head popped up. “Oh thank you, but don’t get me wrong, they give me the love I deserve” she corrected immediately. Then came the question about her sister and Alviva shook her head. “I’m a lot different in age from my siblings. Everyone lives somewhere else and my youngest older brother lives in lodgings at the University of Angeles. I see most of them once a year but that’s only when they have time. They have their own life…their own family” she says nonchalantly and shrugs.

the delivery joke made Alviva laugh. “Good to know” she says with a short nod. Camile then went on to talk about what it was like to live outdoors, but Alviva’s thoughts remained on the comment Camila made earlier about being herself. That was something she had just unlearned…she had to do as she was expected to do. “it sounds like a carefree life and a nice place to relax…I hope to see that one day too” she comments before nodding in agreement at Camila’s comment that she can see more now. “I hope so…” she mutters.

@Jass - Camila

2 Likes

{ her dress / Garden / moodboard }

If you could do one thing just to prove something to someone it would be this, right? Hoping to be one of the selected girls and fight for the attention of such a lovely prince? First of all - Cecelia didn’t know much about the prince or… That whole royalty thing, she always had better things to focus on like trying to survive living with her very lovely family so maybe being selected wasn’t that bad of news. Yes, maybe this way she could prove something to someone, after all the look on her sisters’ faces was priceless when they found out Cecelia would be leaving soon. So who knows… maybe actually seeing this prince isn’t going to be so bad. He’s a prince, girls love that, right? Cecelia should love that… Maybe she will. Truth be told she never really thought much about that - love and… Woah, marriage. Only on her way to the palace did everything set in for her. If this goes well she… She’s going to be a princess. If her life was different maybe she wouldn’t like this but no, she is willing to give this a try. She’s willing to leave that insecure, hurt girl behind and be and act how she always wanted to. But will it be that easy?

Never before did Cecelia get a chance to leave her province, unlike her sibling, so you could imagine how excited she felt. Excited to see the world outside of her studio and room, her town, and possibly see some things she’s read so much about. And that celebration as a send off? Would it be embarrassing to say she never experienced something like that? Not in a way that she’s never been at a party but… There was never any party held for her. But things might drastically change for her.

Standing in front of the mirror of her new room, Cecelia was looking at her own reflection. The dress she had on. Her whole appearance in this place she felt so unnatural in. It was wonderful, that was not the problem, just… It all still felt so surreal. Arriving she was expected to let them give her a makeover, dresses and get introduced to her maids. Her maids? Let me tell you something - as sweet as that sounds Cecelia would rather be left alone and do things on her own than have someone follow her around making sure she was alright. It’s just something she got used to and she had a feeling that’s not going to change so easily. She had nothing against those girls, they all seemed pretty nice but do you know what else seems pretty nice too? Taking this time to explore the place a little bit more on her own and use that time to prepare for tomorrow, prepare for meeting the prince and figuring out…What version of herself will he get from her.

So that’s what she did - carefully closing the door behind her, Cecelia was standing in the hallway in front of her room, listening to any kind of sound that would indicate that someone else was around and as soon as she was sure it was all clear and she probably wouldn’t run into anyone, she made her way out of the palace.

Approachable

3 Likes

mood: anxious // location: hallway // with: queen gemma (@Littlefeets)
song - moodboard

Phoenix might’ve spent the last week in shock from the announcement on The Report, the last days in a whirlwind of paperwork and cameras, and the last 24 hours traveling to the palace of the royal family of Illéa; that didn’t mean that any of it felt real.

Soft brushed flew over Phoenix’s face, tickling across the bridge of her nose and the apples of her cheeks, painting her up as someone worthy of marrying the king’s heir. Phoenix but her tongue- she was sure arguing would make her seem childish, not assertive, so she just asked them to go as light with the makeup as possible.

When a stylist approached Phoenix’s scar with a bottle of creamy beige liquid, Phoenix froze in her seat. “Don’t!” She squeaked, loud enough to startle a few of the girls on either side of her. “I’m sorry, I…” Phoenix shook her head. “Please don’t cover it,” she asked in a softer voice. The stylist nodded, moving on to the rest of her face.

Phoenix didn’t speak for the rest of the process, and the entire look took about half an hour. Every so often, she glance at the girls, taking in their glittering eyes, silky skin, and complex hairdos. She suddenly felt very out-of-place with the rather simple hairstyle the hairdresser had gone with. Phoenix was just glad the hairdresser hadn’t insisted on dying it- she had said that Phoenix’s hair was “far too unruly to take to any other coloring”. Plus, her hair naturally matched the Queens’, and Phoenix should “take what she could get in the looks department”. That would’ve been something I would’ve fought for.

After the makeup artist had put down all her brushes and showed Phoenix her reflection, Phoenix couldn’t do much but sit there in stunned silence. She looked… well, herself. The makeup artist had tucked away her insecurities, brought out her best features, and… well, she’d taken her request about her scar seriously. While she had touched up bits and pieces where the creases and tissue were most puckered and prominent, she’d overall transformed the ugly gash running from Phoenix’s chin to the corner of her right eye into something beautiful- the mark of a survivor, rather than a victim.

Though the look overall was natural, her stylist had made the bold choice to give her a vivid red lip. She’s turned me into a vampire, Phoenix thought, the juvenile reaction flitting through her brain as she processed that the color was similar to that of fresh blood, though it wasn’t something she was necessarily complaining about. The entire look felt so different than the last times she’d applied makeup, with her mother during playtime, with heavy blush and glittering eyeshadow that made her feel like a princess. And now I’m in the running to be one. Do I look like I’m playing the part?

“It’s gorgeous… thank you,” Phoenix murmured once she’d gotten snapped out of her trance. Her stylist nodded and smiled, giving a few parting words, before directing Phoenix to the dress rack which had been set up against one wall of the room. Up to now, she had been wearing a gauzy robe that, while comfortable, had felt much too thin, but the vast array of gowns in front of her. As she surveyed her options, Phoenix could hear snippets of conversations, girls throwing hissy fits over not getting pants, and while Phoenix didn’t necessarily like dresses, she decided she wasn’t about to go home over an outfit. Looking over the rack, Phoenix’s eyes caught on a flowy ombré dress, a milky white that faded into shades of red, orange, and black. As soon as she reached out to touch it, she knew she had to at least try it on.

As soon as she stepped out of the changing room, Phoenix couldn’t help but be amazed. Sure, she would’ve taken jeans and a comfy tee over a dress any other day, but this dress? The loose fabric didn’t scratch against her skin like some of the ballgowns had, and as she moved, it seemed as though the fire-colored fabric flickered to life, making her entire outfit look alive. Phoenix tried to remember when the last time she wore a dress was- five years ago? Ten? The outfit was so unfamiliar, though- even after the past year, she was so used to wearing worn sweaters and scraps dug out of trash bins, relying on herself because she couldn’t rely on anyone else. Phoenix might’ve been a two, but she didn’t think there was anyone more out of their element right then than her.

Phoenix didn’t have much time to admire her outfit, though, as a smartly-dressed woman and a gaggle of cameras approached her. “Hello, sweetheart,” the woman said, her voice peppy and bright. “You must be Phoenix! What a fitting dress.” Phoenix smiled and chewed nervously on the inside of her lip. The woman cleared her throat. “I’m here to just give you a short interview- all the Selected girls have one. You’re alright with that, aren’t you?”

“Um, yeah, that sounds great,” Phoenix said, giving a smile for the cameras. Here she was, being filmed, probably for the whole kingdom to see on the Report in just a few days. I wonder what everyone back in the station would be thinking? Because just a week ago, Phoenix would’ve never dreamt of this scenario- not in a million years.

One week ago…

Phoenix stood in the shower, trying to wash the sweat and ash out of her hair- though by that point, it probably wasn’t going to get much better. Her wet hair clung to her neck in copper waves as she elected to just tilt her head back, letting the hot water pour across her face and neck. Princesses, heirs, parties and ballgowns and… this is too much to think about right now. Half an hour ago, Phoenix’s name flashed across the screen during the Report, announcing her as Labrador’s Selected candidate for the Prince’s hand. Half the station had gone wild, the other had doubled over laughing, and Phoenix? She needed to just escape, get away from all of it. Now, she was in the shower, trying to wash away dirt, grime, and sickly-sweet memories tinged with blood.

At some point, Phoenix felt the water starting to run cold, and knew Viva would be pissed if there wasn’t any hot water left for her- future-lady-be-damned. Phoenix turned the knob, her sense of moderate peace flowing down the drain with what was left of the water, and dressed herself in a plain shirt and worn pants, not even bothering to towel off her hair. She walked into the commons to find Fletcher as the only one there, sharp eyes peering over his glasses at a newspaper.

“The others ran off as soon as you walked in the bathroom,” Fletcher said, reading her mind. “Probably planning some sorta celebration party.” He’d never been one for surprises.

“And you stayed?” Phoenix asked, walking over to the kitchenette and putting a pot of water on the stove.

“'Course. You need someone to put that head of yours on your shoulders.”

Phoenix chuckled. Fletcher had been fire chief since her mother had started there, and despite his eternal grumpy disposition, he truly cared about everyone that worked there. “And what do you mean by that?”

Fletcher huffed. "You’re a fighter, girl, like your mother. You’re not one of those prissy girls, or some lower-caste brutes. You got the gumption.”

Phoenix restrained herself from rolling her eyes. “What if I don’t want to be queen?”

Fletcher raised a brow, but didn’t look up from his paper. “The little girl I knew had everyone thinking she was heir apparent, but guess you’re no little girl anymore, eh?” He laughed. “But, to answer your question, you’d come back home. You could act as though nothing had ever happened. But I know your not that kind of girl.” He folded the paper and stared Phoenix in the eyes for the first time in the conversation. “But are you there to quit, or there to win?”

—-

”So, Phoenix, do you think you have any shot of winning the prince’s heart?”

The question shocked her back into the present, and Phoenix realized she’d drawn blood from her cheek. Up until now, they’d been asking her mundane questions- things about her caste, and her opinions on the makeover. What was this? “I…” I don’t like that you’re talking about him like he’s some prize. Phoenix didn’t know the prince. She didn’t even know if she’d like him, and she defiinitely didn’t think he’d like her. But ever since she was little, she had the same question- what right did they have to treat someone’s life like a prize to win?

“I don’t…” Phoenix’s throat felt like sandpaper. Her thoughts felt like they were swimming through a pool of molasses. “I think this interview is over.” Phoenix stood up and rushed out, not even taking a second to glance at the crew’s stunned expressions. What right did they have? What? But now, Phoenix wasn’t just thinking of the prince- she was thinking of memories, memories they had dug up from a decade past.

And that’s when she ran into the queen.

Phoenix had never seen the queen in real life, but she was surprised to see just how normal she was. Even then, Phoenix was scrambling, her mind going from the speed of a tortoise to light in a split second. “Your highness- I’m so sorry, I…” Phoenix attempted at a curtsy, but the heels made it nearly impossible, so she elected to just bowing her head, flustered.

3 Likes

cooltext427968596806091
She didn’t want to go against Alviva and pressure her more about this seeing her reaction, even if Camila was quite sceptical about whether they were actually loving towards Alviva. However, after all, if she was happy with how her family treated her, that was what matters most. Plus, they had only met minutes ago, who was Camila to judge her family? She just gave her a nod in the hopes to show that she understood what Alviva had said.
“Most of them” Camila let out quite surprised “How many siblings do you have?” She took a breath before she continued “Excuse my curiosity, it is just, I have always been taught most high-caste families only have one or two children” Camila was actually very keen on learning more about the different provinces but more importantly also about the Castes during her time here, she didn’t like the Casted. She hated them. Out of that hatred came the desire to fully understand them.

Mi casa es tu casa” she said to Alviva “It’s a Spanish expression to say you are welcome in my house. Whenever you want, just give me a call and you are more than welcome to stay over once the Selection has ended” The Latino hospitality was in Camila’s nature, she enjoyed making other people feel welcome and hosting them, so this invite came very naturally to her. “Or earlier,” she said with a soft chuckle “I heard that there have been times when the Selection took years, some Selected already had their own families by the time the last one got out of here and the Selection was finished.” the smile on her face disappeared even thinking about that and her lips tightened “I definitely would not like to be stuck here inside the palace where the only fresh air I could get is on a balcony or through a window for that long.” she sighed “But just in case we might be stuck here for a while, we might as well start feeling trying to feel comfortable here. Wanna explore a bit more of the palace together?” she said, not only because she wanted to see more of the palace. She was not used to the colder weather in Angeles, Boniata was always warm, so she had started to tremble a bit due to the temperature in the fresh outside air.

@Meekepeek - Alviva

2 Likes

“Talking to a germent? Well it depends on the occasion … See anybody would talk to a garnet if it were beautiful or interesting enough. I can just picture somebody interested in geology opening up a geode that’s really beautiful from the inside and saying ‘Ohh, aren’t you beatiful’. When I talk to inanimate objects it’s usually out of frustration … You know like if the internet won’t work I’d say ‘Oh you’re only laggy now because that’s when I need you the most. When I play games you’re pristine.’ Yeah well seeing somebody take the time to talk to objects when you’re happy. You know …” Andrea smiled looking into the distance of the party they were now at, but not taking notice of anybody, her eyes deep in thought “I can picture you with a few tools in a cozy little office surrounded by different diamonds, rubies and such, taking neat care of each one, looking them over with a maginifying glass and saying to them ‘You, will make a great garment once you’re nice and polished … And you, you’re already beautiful … Oh, a blood diamond, You’ll make a very nice necklace.’ And so on … Am I wrong?”

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Wren

3 Likes

Thomas smiled when the girl responded back in the type of humour he approached her with. Thankfully, she knows a harmless flirtation when she sees one and she knows how to jokingly flirt with somebody. Thomas doesn’t know why it felt so right to joke with her like that, but then again, maybe it only felt so right, because the actual thing is forbidden and something so wrong feels so right sometimes.
He let her decide and when she gave him his name, he knew it was time to help her out the window. But before that he raised his eyebrow and tease a bit more. “The garden? Well well well … I suggested we stick around here, but if you wish to go to the garden.” His face followed the path they would have to take to the garden, brought his gaze back at her, put his hand up again to help her out of the window and said “Well, in that case … I don’t mind.” And he ended the sentence with a sly smile, of course, jokingly.

@Meekepeek

3 Likes

Actually being at the palace was crazy in the eyes of Fabianne. Wide eyed gazes looking around all these fancy gardens and hallways, everything seemed as if it came straight out of a historic romance novel. The euphoria and excitement of this new phase and new adventure was running through her veins as she arrived inside and escorted to her room, gotten a makeover which made her simply feel beautiful. Looking in the mirror, Fabianne was wearing a flowing long light blue gown , her hair was fixed perfectly and so was her makeup, or at least that’s how she felt.

“Lady Fabianne Cellini, it is a pleasure to meet you”

Fabianne’s attention was shifted at the presence of this girl in front of her, who’s face she recognised from the announcement of the girls, came and approached her, claimed to be her neighbour. ”haven’t got to introduce myself and you already know my name, i will say, that is impressive” Fabianne responded and glanced at the girl in front of her. Her whole outfit and presence was just fit for a princess, as if she belonged there naturally, something which Fabianne herself couldn’t even imagine how it could have been.

”it is a pleasure to meet you as well” she smiled at the girl lightly, and continued to listen to her question. ”it wasn’t as long as I expected” Fabianne answered regarding her journey to the palace ”how about yours?” she then asked politely

@Jass Emberlynn

2 Likes

Wren quietly listened to Andie rambling for a minute until they were addressed. “Actually, that’s pretty spot on. I work by the light of a lamp in a small room in the back of the shop, polishing and setting the gems in broaches and such. Actually, I brought some at go with the outfits because I knew I’d have to be fancy. It’s jewelry I made myself. If you’re interested, you can come to my room later and I’ll show you.” They had just entered the party, and Wren swallowed, stomach turning. They hated crowds. “Here goes nothing.”
@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Andie

2 Likes

song - staircase - mood board

Cohen let a yawn escape his lips as her walked down a hallway in the basement. He hadn’t gotten much sleep the night prior and got back to the castle only a few hours ago. Every now and again he would pass a small window that let in just enough light to make his headache. He looked at the ink written on the back of his hand. Red ink had a phone number written on it and black in had a time. The time was the only thing written worth anything to him. It was the time he was to be ready for the girls’ arrivals. As of now, he would be on time. 4 minutes to spare to be exact! The other side of his hands look like he had been playing with coals and ash. He got to his place on the top of the staircase and leaned against the wall. He stuck his hands in his pockets and closed his eyes for just a second. The hallway he was to be placed at was one that would house the women. He chuckled to himself thinking about all the girls that would be here any second and how loud it was about to be in the castle. Not loud in a bad way – it will be nice to have some joy in here. He just wished now he wasn’t as hungover.

He opened his eyes to his brown-haired friend finally getting to his post too. Late! he joked at him. Very disappointed Mr. Bass – and on today of all days. He shook his head and pointed a finger in mockery of some of the older guards. tisk tisk. I expected better. He kept a straight face for as long as possible. Elijah was older than Cohen, but they got along like brothers. Something Cohen never had but found many of his friendships in the castle feeling this way. In a way they were more his family than his own parents. Elijah on the other hand, was more responsible than Cohen. Have you heard any bets being made of who will win the princes heart? The guards liked to run underground betting for literally anything, even what the queen will eat for lunch, but this was actually worth something.
@CerealKiller

3 Likes

cooltext427968437153658
While Emberlynn was pleased to hear Fabianne had been impressed by her rembering her name, it was not that special to her. “Being tutored your whole life, it leaves its mark. It becomes nothing more than a custom to memorize anything you learn” she said sighting softly. “Sometimes I wish I did not see every bit of new information as a new list to learn” she confessed.

While she had thought Fabianne was pretty from seeing her on the original picture, her smile made her stand out that bit more in Emberlynn’s eyes. It was the first time she had a proper look at the girl, the simple yet elegant dress, and flawless makeup and hair. It had only elevated her. Emberlynn wasn’t too sure how to feel about Fabianne, she was still somewhat intimidated by her being competition, but at the same time there was something about her that made Emberlynn feel comfortable right away and wanted to get to know her more.

“I am glad to hear so.” she replied giving her a brief smile. “My journey was pleasant, I only live one state away so it was only a short trip” she said “especially compared to some of my previous travels, the journey here was over in a breeze”
Not wanting the conversation to stop flowing, nor wanting to talk too much about herself, she followed up with a question: “So, what is it that you did in your everyday life before the Selection? Work, study?”

@CerealKiller - Fabianne

2 Likes

// balcony //

Alviva got nervous from Camila’s reaction, afraid that she had put her family in a bad light. This made it even more appreciated that she didn’t elaborate on her family’s relationship.

Camila’s reaction about how many siblings she had made her laugh. “yes, most families are small and don’t have more than 3 children. However, we are a bit more. I am the 9th child and I am 10 years apart from my youngest brother. They are 1 to 2 years apart, so my oldest sister Diana is 38 at the moment and her children are a little younger than me. We always joked that I was an accident” she explains with a laugh.

Camila’s proposal to move was a good idea, thought Alviva. Even if they ran into several girls, at least they were together and that made things less scary. With a nod she confirms to go and they start walking together.

The sentence was the first Alviva had heard in Spanish before. She didn’t know what it meant then, but it already sounded warm, which made the meaning even more beautiful. “thank you, that means a lot” she says softly with a friendly smile. “I hope I can offer you the same hospitality when needed… Or whenever you want” she offers her.

“By the way, know that you’re complicit if I break something during our reconnaissance, because you suggested we walk around,” she then remarks in a joking tone and gives Camila a teasing grin.

@Jass - Camila

1 Like

//Non-garden//

It was clear that the man had a similarity in manner of speaking, and, judging by his posture, he began to relax a little. It was not entirely clear why it was easier to talk to the staff than to the participants for her as well. Maybe it was because there was less pressure behind it or because there were less consequences to talking to him.

Sanura turned a blind eye to the fact that the man hadn’t given his own name and she mentally decided that she would tease him about it again when the time was right.

“there are also doors you know? That’s pretty much their only function outside of making it clear to people that you don’t want to talk to them” she remarks despite accepting his offer and crawling through the window.
“what a gentleman” she adds teasingly as she lets go of his hand.

“I actually call this a garden already, but there must be an official term that people use who actually have such a ‘non-garden’ in their house,” she says. “But since you look at the ‘garden’ like there’s an urban legend where everyone who goes in never comes out, we’ll stay here,” she adds as she follows his gaze. “In addition, I think I will use your assistance again in the near future if I want to avoid another social event, so at least we have a destination when that time comes” she jokes.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Thomas

1 Like

Early Evening - with Azra

To say Kit was ready for 35 girls to move into his home, would be an overstatement. Its not that he wasn’t hoping for the best for his brother, or even that he wasn’t looking forward to meeting the girls themselves, perhaps a certain few in particular, he just wasn’t a fan of all the change. He had never been a fan of change, and there had been far too much of it in the past months especially… since his father died. However, ready or not, today was the day. The normal he knew didn’t exist anymore, he just had to try to act like it did.

All of the attention was on the selected. The cameras wouldn’t be on him, and they would have plenty going on with meeting Rosalie and their mom, he didn’t need to be there. Really, he had nothing he had to do, and that’s just how he liked it. By the time the evening came around, Kit was walking down a hall he had thought was empty until he saw a girl in a relatively simple lavender dress that looked , one of the selected. When she saw him, she started by asking where the dining room was, then told him about her being left behind by someone who was supposed to show her the way there. ”Really? He just left you behind? I wouldn’t blame you for not wanting to walk barefoot, the floor is pretty cold. And I don’t think her royal bossiness would approve. Of that or the swearing” Kit said, referring to his sister, though that hadn’t stopped him in the past. ”You have every right to be upset, but you’re in good hands now. Come with me.”

@/Madilnel

3 Likes

cooltext427968596806091
It threw Camila off for a second that Alviva was the 9th child “That’s a lot. It is indeed quite funny how your sobrinos are only a bit younger than you are”. she said. “I actually was an accident,” she confided in Alviva “my parents were still young, no access to control de la natalidad. No shock there that she got pregnant.” she chuckled a bit before continuing explaining “Even if they had not planned to have children already, they accepted my arrival, and loved me ever since.” thinking about her parents made her light up and smile.

“That is very kind of you” she smiled when Alviva returned the hospitality “You must know all the best and cosy places in your house, if you have spent so much time inside. I bet we would have a fun time” she said looking at Aliviva. “Not sure if Angeles is the ideal place for a holiday for me though” she said crossing her arms to illustrate it was cold for her.

By the time Alviva joked about breaking stuff, they had arrived in a hallway decked out with fancy vases, paintings, ect. It was not too dissimilar from a gallery in a museum. Instead of replying with words, Camila acted dramatically as if she was to bump into a vase. “Oops, we should better be careful in that case” she jokingly said, before realising she had actually nearly knocked over another vase with her ball gown, which was obviously much bigger than the normal clothes she was used to. “Okay, for real this time,” she said with a more serious tone “how do they expect us to not break things here when there is stuff everywhere? And in ball gowns. No es possible” she exclaimed slightly annoyed, more about the dress than anything else.

@Meekepeek - Alviva

1 Like

Early Evening - Hallway - with Enzo

So much had to happen in such a short time. The selected were arriving that day and so many things had been rushed far more than it should have. The palace wasn’t quite up to the standard that Rosalie thought it needed to be, but nevertheless it would be what it was. All Rosalie could do was try to keep everything running smoothly and up to standard. Last she was aware, Beckett had been in his bedroom as he wasn’t to meet the girls until the morning, her mother had her own duties to attend to as well as meeting some of the selected, and Kit… there was no telling what he was up to or where he was. Rosalie however found herself walking down a hallway and came across one of the palace guards quietly observing everything he passed by. Enzo Capitani, a man who had been working at the palace since before she was born. “Is everything to your satisfaction Mr. Capitani?”

Outfit

@/LunaticLeviTheSecond

2 Likes

song - Early Evening w/Kit - mood board

Azra had talked to guys many times. The problem was, they were all her brothers friends and they never saw her as anything but their friends sister. She had never had a boy in her life that was anything more than that really. She had a few guy friends and a crush here and there but that was only ever it. In all honesty, they mostly got on her nerves. Maybe because she was expected to mature quickly to help her mom out with things and she always felt a distance between herself and anyone her age. Other than her twin.

She felt a little embarrassed only about the swearing. She didn’t mean to, though she also didn’t really mean to hold it back. Her bit of a “potty mouth” came from being around her mom so often. She swore about the smallest things, but the second Azra did she would get a warning look. She could almost feel her mom staring into her soul right now. She figured she should monitor it a little better while being here though. Especially if she were talking to someone in the royal family. *You have every right to be upset She smiled and nodded to this validation of her feelings. She was glad she wasn’t just being a bit hot headed. but you’re in good hands now She raised a brow and smirked to this. She let her eyes fall to his hands and almost made a dirty joke (thanks to her brothers for these thoughts) but since she just met this man, decided against it! Come with me. Lead the way She said to him with another quick nod. She was a bit hungry, she hadn’t eaten all day because of nerves. I am Azra (ah-z-ra) by the way, maybe should’ve led with that and not just assumed you wanted to hear my rant

@Littlefeets

2 Likes