The Selection - Official RP Thread

// grand hall window //

Sanura raised an eyebrow as the man made a few attempts at witty remarks. She got the impression that he was not used to speaking to participants or that he simply didn’t feel like it. “watch your wording, something tells me some will take it the wrong way” she warns him with a grin and a wink. “I just wanted to say there’s no reason to be so tight around me,” she explained. “I wouldn’t say you have bad timing, in fact I would say it’s perfect.” she chuckled. It did help her with her irritations and tense mood. “And it’s admirable that you are so dedicated to your work. At least you’re doing something that you clearly enjoy” she added with a shrug but using her tone to show she means what she’s saying. “I am stuck in this situation. You claim it’s best you leave me to the other ladies? was what I said that offensive?” she asked in an sarcastic tone.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Thomas

3 Likes

Thomas was stopped in his track by what the lady said. He leaned on the window frame, putting his face closer to the lady. “Oh come now miss, you’re allowed … harmless flirtation.” He joked. “Well … Did I save you from an unwanted social interaction?” He asked, joking still, with a wry smile on his face. “Well, it’s not your being offensive, which you were not …” He turned more serious, hoping the lady didn’t think she said something to make him go. “It’s my own unwillingness to be noticed and social that made me go. If you still need saving you can join me out here and I’ll tell you about the flowers I was just watering … But It’ll cost you … A name … I can’t sneak off with a girl I know nothing about, can I now?” He said as he offered his hand to help her through the window.

@Meekepeek - Sanura

3 Likes

“Ah, I see. Well, I’ll still call you Andie. It’s definitely easier.” Wren nodded when Andie said they’re all living there temporarily. “Yeah, unless you become princess, which is very unlikely for me. Personally, I’m not bothered, though. I don’t think I could handle it.” They listened to what Andie said next, nodding again. “Yeah, I feel like a fish out of water. It’ll take quite a while for me to get used to living here. It still feels so weird.” Wren said, shaking their head. “It’s like I’m in a movie or something.” They adjusted their glasses, shifting in the dress they wore. It was so uncomfortable. “I don’t wear dresses, so I’m definitely not having a good time right now.”
@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Andie

3 Likes

Andie sighed “My sentiments exactly. I can’t picture myself winning this. I’m not bothered either, I got on here for … well I’m not sure why, daddy says it’s for publicity while I’m actually here for a bigger span of possibilities. See I’m the daughter of a farm owner, and I liked doing it all my life, but it’s the only thing I ever knew … So to make sure that’s what I want from life I decided to explore it and what possible way better than saying I’d go on here when my mother said I wouldn’t fit in such a setting. She’s right you know, I don’t fit in here, god knows I don’t want to marry the prince, but I don’t want her to think just becuase it’s not my usual setting I can’t manage …” Andie kept talking “Sorry I trail off sometimes. Whenever I had a problem I would just turn to any farmland animal that can’t hear me and just plainly say everything on my mind and my heart out loud.” Andie admitted.
She could notice Wren squirming in her dress which is when she first noticed just how beautiful the dress was. “Wow, you should wear dresses more often because this one is gorgeous on you.” She said with an impressed smile that would surely proove she meant it. “My dress is rather simple.” Andrea showed of hers even though she liked how it looked she couldn’t admit it was better than Wren’s.

@Ouijaloveletters

3 Likes

cooltext427968596806091
Everything had overwhelmed Camila, leaving her family, being alone for the first time in her life, and facing quite an extreme makeover. From waist-length brown hair, she went to shoulder length and it was much darker now. She didn’t hate it, not at all, she thought it suited her, but it was a big change. After she had met her maids, she asked for some privacy to store the few items she brought, her camera and pictures with family and friends, in her room. Specifically, the picture she had with her mother made her quite emotional about everything going on now. She decided she needed a breather, and walked out of her room into the hallway. At the end of the hallway, she found a balcony and decided some fresh air was what she needed, she had already entered the balcony when she heard someone humming quietly. Shocked she said quickly: “I am so sorry, I had no clue anyone was already here” she stared at the ground as she said this as she felt she had violated the privacy of the girl on the balcony. After she had spoken however, she felt a bit more comfortable to actually have a look at the girl “You are hermosa” a hesitation followed as she thought of the English word “beautiful. Your dress is so adorable” hoping a compliment would help the girl feel comfortable around her. The last thing she wanted was to intervene in a private moment and make someone feel uncomfortable.

@Meekepeek Alviva

Dress

4 Likes

// halls of the palace //

“here’s the moment of truth” Says a voice that seems to come from above Elena and she looks up. “what the moment you do your job for once?” she asks the young man hiding in one of the palace’s trees. “funny” he says simply. “One day you will be fired Leon” says another guard who walks by. “Can you go, because of you everyone will soon know where I am” the boy bounces to Elena on which she only scoffs. “oh please everyone knows where to find you when you leave post” she mocked. “is there a reason you feel compelled to meddle in my business?” he asks. “Is there a reason you felt compelled to reveal your existence?” she imitates him.

A loud sigh can be heard as the boy jumps down. “Come on you two, it’s time to get down to business” A senior guard yells. “Are you sure you can handle working a whole shift? You kinda look like you used something” Elena teases. “I don’t do drugs just naps,” Leonzio says with a shrug. “And FYI, watch your greedy little hands, it doesn’t look good if the palace guards are the cause of jewels disappearing,” he adds. “Hey, I’m not a thief! I’m just really good at getting things that once belonged to someone else,” she says in an innocent tone. “Of course, and that’s why you always get assigned with someone else,” Leonzio remarks. “the only reason they never set you up with anyone is because nobody wants to drag your lazy butt around” she responds. “Can you two let it go? Elena, I want you to go around the new girls, let them know you. The girls are supposed to feel comfortable with you as sometimes you can be the only one who can protect them,” says her senior. “understood” she mutters. “And Leonzio, you’re on outside duty. Don’t let me see you lounging or I’ll make sure you only work night shifts for the next month” Warns the manager and the two bickering guards go their separate ways.

approachable

Leonzio approachable outside the castle.

@idiot.exe here is Elena’s post

4 Likes

cooltext427968437153658
She nodded as Amalia told her that her girl was her priority, even if she wasn’t too happy with not being treated as she would have been back home. “That would have been expected yes, that there would have been someone here who is available for me” she reacted.
As it seemed, this girl was her own age, yet Emberlynn couldn’t help but feel like she herself had already achieved more in her life than this girl had, though, for a caste six starting off in the palace wasn’t too bad. “And who might the Lady you are serving be?” she asked curiously.
She was glad to hear at least her needs were quickly taken care of and thanked Amalia for notifying a server by giving her a smile. She could feel Amalia had at least tried her best to serve her, but Amberlynn still felt like she still had a lot to learn as well.
“The palace is quite a maze indeed it seems, but I suspect I am capable to familiarize myself with it promptly. My house back in Fennley is not too dissimilar, and the way it is layed out has not once been a problem” she couldn’t stop herself from showing off her wealth and intelligence. “I cannot wait to meet some of the other Selected” she said as they parted ways and entered the Ladies’ room.

Approachable in the Ladies’ Room I guess as it seems the interaction has ended

3 Likes

“I’m here because my parents want me to find a partner…yeah. I don’t really mind, because at least we get money. We get along pretty well, but more money definitely wouldn’t hurt.” Wren smiled when Andie said she wanted to explore. “Yeah, I completely understand that.” Wren shrugged when Andie apologized for rambling. “Hey, it’s fine. Better than taking to rocks…which I do.” Andie said they should wear dresses more often, and Wren bit back a grimace. “I’m more of a pants type of person. Dresses aren’t good for working with gems. And they’re uncomfortable.”

2 Likes

“Don’t hate me for saying this, but that’s a stupid reason for your parents to force you to go here. See, if they wanted to marry you off well they would put you in some social events, introduce you to some guys they thought would suit you, set up a few blind dates or things like that, but if you have a romance here that is with anybody with the prince you’re risking death and the chances of getting married to the Prince are very low considering you have to be better than more than 30 other girls who, most of them, aren’t here only because their parents asked them to be here and would fight rough for the Prince.”
Andie turned quiet for a while and just before they both reached the Ladies’ rooms where everybody was gathered and meeting each other, she asked “How exactly do you talk to rocks?” Andie thought it was a strange thing to do, but it confused her how talking to specific inanimate objects would ever be something somebody wishes to do … She talks to inanimate objects sometimes, but it’s only when she’s so angry with the object in particular not working, or lagging or just pissing her off.

@Ouijaloveletters

2 Likes

“Oh, trust me. I think it’s a stupid reason too. Like, there’s absolutely no way the prince will be interested in me, and I’m completely fine with that. If it doesn’t work out, it doesn’t work out. We get money too, though, so it’s not all for nothing.” Wren said, being realistic. “Yeah, I feel like fights are going to happen. Fights that I won’t be a part of.” Andie went quiet for a bit, and they walked in a comfortable silence until she asked them how you talk to rocks. “Well they don’t reply, of course, but it’s still nice to get things off my chest. Even better, they can’t tell anyone. It’s a weird thing to do, but it works. It’s like you talking to the animals. Well, they’re not inanimate objects, but you get the gist. Something that won’t judge us."

2 Likes

“Yeah I understand. I guess not everybody is lucky enough to have living yet unresponsive things like animals to talk to when they need to like I did and could do all my life … But to me it feels like one talking to rocks for that reason means you’re really down bad. Have you tried talking to plants? Or trees? They’re also unresponsive but they’re alive … I also knew a guy that talked to fluffy pillows when he needed to tell something to somebody … See he had no animals so he would pretend he was talking to a fluffy rabbit or a cat and he would just trail off looking into the distance and pet the pillow. Apparently it helped. I guess you could also talk to a round rock if you held it like a mouse … If I had to resort to that I would draw 2 dots and whiskers on the rock and pet it while I talked to it.” Andie said before she entered the party. “Well … anyways, you won’t need to talk to anybody unresponsive in this castle, knowing nothing bad will come your way if you keep out of the drama.”

@Ouijaloveletters

2 Likes

“Actually, no. I never really thought about talking to plants. I just talked to what I knew the most about, which were gems. You know, daughter,” They internally cringed at the gendered word, “of jewelers and all that. I honestly had no problem with it.” They listened to Andie talk about the pillow guy, nodding. “I see, that makes sense. Pretend it’s a living organism so it feels less weird. Not that it ever felt weird to me.” They shrugged, nodding at her next words. “Right. Also, the Prince and everyone would think I was insane if I just started talking to a garnet. I’m not crazy, I swear.” They paused for a second. “Wait, that’s exactly what a crazy person would say. Uh oh.”

2 Likes

// balcony //
lost in her own world, the sudden voice of another contestant caused her to clumsily slide off the stone rails and land on the ground as a scream of terror slips out of her mouth. “thank you” she moaned before standing up with an awkward chuckle. “and don’t worry, these things happen” she says before she really realizes that she is talking to a contestant. quickly she straightens her back and dust off her dress. “I mean, sorry for my uncharted behavior,” she quickly adds politely as she takes a step back. Not knowing that on the part she walks to there is a flower pot on the railing, which she clumsily knocks down. The sound of the pot breaking startles Alviva and she quickly turns around. “oh no, I haven’t even been in for a day and I’m breaking things again” she bleats before slowly turning around in a nervous chuckle. “this isn’t the best first impression, is it?” she asks slowly.

@Jass - Camila

// Grand Hall Window //
Something in Sanura wanted to tease the poor man, so a mischievous grin grew on her face as she leaned against the wall by the window. “oh that was your attempt at flirting…huh…good to know that in some regions this concept may be different” she jokes with a wink. “Let’s face it, you saved me from an uncomfortably boring interaction where we’re forced to get to know each other by being as neat and unnatural as possible,” she says before shaking her head. “uh-huh, not for me”.

The proposal made Sanura think. It was a nice idea to get out and avoid the awkward interactions. “okay I can pretend I didn’t see you while you give me a tour and show me the garden” she jokes before giving him a gray for trying to learn her name. “Isn’t it customary that the person who asks has to offer his name first? … but then again, I don’t do custom anyway so… my name is Sanura” she then introduces herself.

@LunaticLeviTheSecond - Thomas

1 Like

Margo knew her father would have been proud if he was there when they announced the new choice of girls for the selection, seeing all he had worked for was coming true and that his daughter had a major shot in a good fulfilling life, but he wasn’t present, as usual, thanks a lot army.
She was sitting in her room, it was the middle of the night, the night before travelling to the palace. Sitting in her room and writing a letter to her dad, whom she missed very much and knew she most likely wouldn’t be able to see anytime soon considering they were both busy and far from home.

And soon without warning, morning came by, and this adventure was just about to begin. ”please take care of Waldo for me” she told her mother, referring to her favourite horse whom she wouldn’t be able to care for while at the palace. Her mother agreed and hugged her, ”take care of yourself for me, princess she said smiling at her daughter, watching her as she leaves.

Organizing, makeovers, makeup hair dresses and whatnot, for some reason they wanted to add even more hair to her already ginormous hair, but she said no, and when she says no it’s a no, trust me.
She wore a gorgeous dark Green dress, a dress which believe me or not, she brought from home and made completely by herself, which only made it better. Margo loved making clothes, her mother taught her to saw when she was younger, and eventually it just became one of her favourite hobbies, which is good because I mean look at that dress it’s fcking gorgeous

Leaving the room, Margo started wandering the hallways when she saw another girl at the corner of her eye, the girl had dark hair and honesty she was just gorgeous, but something about her overall vibe just pulled Margo towards her(no homo), ”I don’t know why, but I have a feeling you’re going to be fun” she said, lightly smirking, leaning against the frame of the door ”not in a creepy way of course”

@kristi Lor

3 Likes

cooltext427968596806091
She noticed it had thrown the girl off she had entered so abruptly and disturbed her “I should have had a better look though before entering the balcony.” she said still feeling apologetic. “And you have no need to apologize, para nada”. She said as the girl took a step back and the flower pot beside her was knocked down.
“Hey, it happens to the best of us. Plus, it is a lot being here, so it is only fair you are a bit on edge about everything. It’s totally okay!” she gave her a genuine smile before giving a helping hand with collecting the shards. “Plus, I am not the one you should be apologizing to, this pot must have cost them a fortune. But I doubt they would mind, it is practically nothing for them.” she said, with a subtle wink hoping it would show the girl she had not said it to make her feel bad, just to lighten the mood a bit. “This palace shows how much fortune the royal family must have.”
“And don’t worry, I won’t hold it against you. Sure, first impressions matter, but the long term matters so much more. I’m Camila by the way, you are…” she tried to memorize the name out of the list she had seen. “Alviva” she said with her Latina accent “if I am correct. It is a pleasure to meet you” as she made a small curtsy and gave her a warm smile. She felt like she had met someone who was genuine, and she appreciated that.

@Meekepeek - Aliviva

1 Like

// balcony //
Alviva appreciated the girl’s attempt to cheer her up. with a sigh she began to clean up the shards. “To be honest, I’ve lost count of how many times I knock things over, break things or slip myself,” she explains, followed by a kind of self-deprecating sniffle. “I wouldn’t be surprised if I break something very expensive here,” she adds with a chuckle.

it was impressive that she had remembered her name, Alviva couldn’t do it again. “That’s right, it’s nice to meet you Camila” she says with a friendly smile. “is it too much to ask to keep this blunder between us, I’d rather everyone find out for themselves what a klutz I am than they already know…keep things interesting…I think…I hope” she then asks in an attempt at a joke as she pulls her hair back from her face. nervously she bites her lower lip. subconsciously, she starts fidgeting with her dress as she searches for the words to turn the conversation around. “I think your freckles are cute” is all she can think of, but then immediately realizes how that probably comes across. “I mean…the rest of you is beautiful too…no…I mean, yes…but…you’re beautiful but I don’t mean anything weird by it” she stutters franticly.

@Jass - Camila

1 Like

cooltext427968437153658
After Emberlynn had enjoyed her cup of tea in the Ladies’ Room and had some small talk with some of the staff there, she realized she had yet to organise the small suitcase she had brought. It wasn’t much, some of her favourite books, and a couple of her souvenirs she preferred to keep close. It was a reminder to her of why she had wanted to join the Selection.
When she approched her room, she noticed a girl in the hallway who must have been her neighbour.
“Lady Fabianne Cellini, it is a pleasure to meet you” she said with a small curtesy “It seems we have been assigned rooms next too each other”. Emberlynn had studied her competition, and while Fabianne came from a lower caste, Emberlynn had not yet ruled her out as direct competition. She, just as Emberlynn, seemed to have an elegance surrounding her.
While she respected Fabianne for that reason, she was somewhat unsure what they could connect on, unless the Selection, therefore she asked “How has your journey here been, If I may ask?”

@CerealKiller - Fabianne

1 Like

cooltext427968596806091
“Well, my dad never allowed me to touch his camera until I was 17, he was afraid I would break it as I did with everything” she chuckled thinking back to those memories “So you are not the only one”.
“It is honestly quite nerve-racking, being surrounded by all these expensive things. If you don’t pay attention, well, that is a couple of thousands of dollars gone, just like that” she let out a little laugh. “No, I actually prefer the beach cottage I live in back home for that matter”

“Of course, no problemo,” she said giving her a reassuring smile, not wanting to laugh even if it came across as quite funny “you deserve people to judge you for who you are, not by what happened here”
When Alviva suddenly changed the topic to Camila’s appearance, it made her blush slightly. Her freckles were what she liked most about herself, by far. She loved them, it made her who she was. “Thank you.” she replied shyly, she never really knew how else to react to compliments. Alviva’s stuttering was quite adorable to Camila. “And please don’t ever think it is weird to compliment a friend. Us girls should stick together and boost each other’s confidence, instead of hurting one another.”

“Just out of curiosity, what brought you out here on the balcony, sitting here sola, all by yourself?” she followed up with a question, so Alviva could have a topic to talk about, which hopefully would make the conversation flow a bit easier for her. Plus, Camila was genuinely curious about this girl. She remembered Alviva was a case two, but did not seem like any caste two Camila had met in her life. Much kinder.

@Meekepeek - Alviva

1 Like

// balcony //
Alviva couldn’t help laughing a little at Camila’s comment. It was reassuring that she wasn’t the only one who regularly broke things. “I have the urge to walk through the castle like this” she jokes to where she shuffles around a bit while making herself as thin as possible with her arms tight against her body. “or wrap everything in bubble wrap” she ponders before a relieved smile spread across Alviva’s face as Camila reassured her that her compliment didn’t come across as weird. “I have a habit of using words that can be misunderstood. So situations like that are a regular occurrence”.

the question of what brought her onto the balcony was an unexpected one, and it took Alviva a few seconds to come up with an answer. “I grew up in a house that surprisingly bears a lot of resemblance to the castle. My parents have always shielded me from the outside world so I haven’t had many opportunities to have social interactions. Hence the situations like before. Because I’m often inside, I notice that now… I want to take the opportunity to go outside as much as possible. I… want to do things I’ve never done…” she adds slowly, looking up at the sky. But she also knows that as long as her sister keeps an eye on her, there will be things she will never do. “what about you? from what I’ve seen you’re fine in conversation once you get started” she asks.

@Jass - Camila

1 Like