The Staff Are Here to Help, People!

Hi all,

I will never make “disrespecting the staff” a forum rule because I think that’s super toxic and authoritarian and I don’t condone that behaviour in this forum. It doesn’t work on Episode and I learn from their bullpoop. The staff members aren’t above anyone else on the forums.

However, I’ve been seeing some behaviour directed at the staff that really upsets me. Treating them like they aren’t worth anything just doesn’t sit right with me. I just want to remind you that the staff here on the forums are only human and sometimes the things you say and the tone you say them with can really hurt them.

If you want a nice, pleasant atmosphere here as much as I do, please help us by being polite to the staff when you want them to do something for you. They are here to help you and make your life on the forums as fun and comfortable as possible. Treating them badly isn’t going to do yourself any favours.

And as I said, the staff are only human. If you want them to be happy, cheery and friendly with you, treat them with basic human decency. Otherwise, they’ll be polite, but they’ll be kinda distant. That’s how humans are. I can’t fault my staff for being human. So if you want the best experience on the forums you can possibly have, then help other people have good experiences, too. For your sake.

And the staff members here are still members. You’re going to have disagreements with us. We’re going to argue. That’s going to happen and I’m not going to punish you just because the person you’ve disagreed with happens to be a staff member. However, when they are just doing their job and you’re making it difficult by being mean or rude, I’m not going to step in to defend you when they don’t want anything to do with you.

Of course, as always, if one of the staff members is being rude to you, then they’re not doing their job properly. In that case, please contact @ChaoticDeluge to lodge a complaint. Your complaint will not be disclosed to the forum staff unless we think it’s absolutely necessary for your safety or to help solve the issue. When that happens, we will make sure to tell you first. Unless, of course, someone’s broken the law.

If you have a problem with Deluge or he’s a busy boy and can’t reply, I am always here to help!

Thank you for your cooperation!

27 Likes

Who would wanna get rude to the staff? They’re awesome. Tf? :purple_heart: :butterfly:

15 Likes

You’d be surprised :no_mouth: and thanks!

10 Likes

Oh that’s a wonderful question.

8 Likes

I’m sorry for calling some of you mean for not telling me what my surprise is, it was meant as a joke :crying_cat_face::eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

9 Likes

You’re fine! Calling us mean isn’t something to worry about! :rofl::blush:

9 Likes

I still feel a little bad about it, tea seemed sad :crying_cat_face::eyes::sparkles: I will just try to be nicer in the future :green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

5 Likes

Remember guys manners go a very long way!

Please’s and thank you’s cost nothing :grin: we are your equals

8 Likes

Hanna trust me you didn’t offend or upset anyone I found it immensely funny :joy:

7 Likes

Why would someone here like to be disrespectful towards you staff? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I mean, you don’t deserve it at all. Not that I can recall you doing something to get such an attitude.

9 Likes

Remember kids, everyone is equal! So follow the Golden Rule!

5 Likes

You didn’t do anything wrong, you were just joking. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::white_heart:

5 Likes

I’m honestly surprised this has happened to be honest

4 Likes

I feel like we got the point across

Yup wwe did!

2 Likes

We may be equal, but everyone deserves respect.

2 Likes

Why would someone disrespect the staff? Honestly I can’t tell the difference between the staff and other users, they’re both nice and fun to talk to! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sunglasses::blush:

4 Likes

Awww :pleading_face::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

:pleading_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like