The travel thread

Sorry I don’t really know where to place it so I hope it’s good as it is but feel free to change it!

Surprisingly I didn’t find any threads related to traveling at all. Since it’s one of the things I really enjoy, traveling and exploring the world, I decided to make a thread about it.

Here you can share either trips you made in the past or share your newest travel plans or your one true dream destination!

13 Likes

Okay, I will start. With my only 19 years old I’ve seen quite a bit of this world. I went to Asia 3 times, to visit Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam. I have visited the United States as well. Besides that I basically went to every European country as well. With Scandinavia and the trip by train back home from Turkey as favorites.

Even tho I have seen so many different countries already there is still so much more I want to go to, with highest on the list Peru, Colombia and/or Costa Rica and a combination of Australia and New Zealand. I also wanna see more of the US and last but not least I really want to go to South Africa. Oh, forgot to add inside Europe Iceland is my true dream destination

3 Likes

I’ve already been to Italy, UK and Germany.

Next year I’ll travel to Sweden or Italy (or both :thinking:) with my best friend. And I’d love to go to New Zealand with her in the future, but that’s her dream destination and we’ll probably go there when we’re over 100 :joy:
There are some other places I’d liked to see, but I don’t know if I’ll ever go there because I’m afraid of flying :sweat_smile: I think I’ll just stick with going to Italy every other year when I’m older, because all I need is a beach, good music and pizza :joy:

2 Likes

That’s nice, haha, the UK is one of the countries I haven’t visited yet but hopefully will be in May.

Sweden is really beautiful in my opinion, lot of nature and with nice people. Italy is always a good choice, as you said good food, beaches and nice towns!

It kinda sucks you have a fear of flying, is there a specific reason for why you are scared? I mean still every time I get in a plane I kinda freak out and get worried the plane will crash but when I actually get in the plane it’s alright and I don’t worry anymore…

New Zealand seems a lot of people’s dream destination, but yeah it’s not cheap to go there and then there’s still your fear of flying :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I only flew twice, to London and then back again. It was a school trip and my classmates got me to freak out when there was turbulence. And I don’t like airports, it was too much for me :sweat_smile:

I’ll just go to New Zealand by ship :joy: It will take forever but at least I don’t have to fly

2 Likes

Turbulence sucks… And same, I don’t really like airports either just cause they are so busy and I don’t feel comfortable being surrounded by a lot of people…

Haha, that will take so long you could better go on a world cruise or something like that…

2 Likes

I havent been to a lot of places, but I’ve visited Greece like 8 times, went to Croatia 5 times, next year I will travel to Italy and Germany.

3 Likes

When we came back from London, the flight attendants said we should sit down but the boy next to me stood up and walked around because “this is only a light turbulence, no need to worry” but I was soooo scared. He’s been flying a lot because his father is a pilot so he probably knew what he was talking about, but I was still worried…

2 Likes

Greece is nice, even tho some parts look really old and not taken care of… I haven’t visited Croatia, is it a nice place? Ahh, nice, Germany is my neighbor country so I have been there a few times and Italy is always good!

2 Likes

Oh, gosh, he could have seriously gotten into trouble by doing that… But at least it sounds like he knows what he’s talking about :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Same, that’s why I’m going there to shop sometimes :joy:

The only one getting in trouble was another one of my classmates who shouted “I have a bomb” every five minutes :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Ohh, where are you from if I can ask that? Germany has a lot of neighbors :upside_down_face: For me Germany is like an hour away, so sometimes we go shopping or to the Christmas markets there!

Ohh, gosh how stupid can one be :woman_facepalming: with those type of classmates you have at least always an interesting story to tell :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m from Austria, I also need about an hour to get to the border. But I’ve never been to a Christmas market there :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh my chocolate I already love this thread! There’s so much traveling I wanna do in the upcoming year! I’m going to Chicago this summer then New York around like New Years time then Vegas for a friend’s 18th birthday and a few places down south and I do wanna visit outta the country tho but I’ll wait till I earn those big bucks :rofl:

But a #1 tip I heard about traveling and I’ll always have in my heart…”Never,EVER, travel alone.”

3 Likes

Ahh, nice! I would honestly advise you to go one, at least the ones in northwest Germany are great, so they probably are on other places as well!

2 Likes

That’s really nice, and it’s always nice to travel around your own country and getting to know that better!

Uhm, that’s kind of what I did last summer :zipper_mouth_face: Haha, just a week and I met new people really quick but I was on my own

2 Likes

Right I mean I also wanna get out my small town too :joy:

Hdkdbssksbsjdj please be careful! I hear way too many scary things about traveling alone honestly also I don’t like being alone

2 Likes

I have travelled outside my country and city twice :smiley:
Today the principal announced that if some students are intrested they can go to America for a year and graduate there… and IT’S ALL FREE :scream::sob:

2 Likes

I visited Canada twice actually! I went to Niagara Falls and Toronto when I was 9. And when I was 13, I visited Quebec City!

I visited Texas, Florida, Minnesota, and South Carolina

I visited the UK, I went to Bangladesh, I went to Dubai, and I went to Kuwait.

2 Likes

Haha, yeah I get that :joy:

I mean I wasn’t feeling uncomfortable at any minute, basically it only encouraged me to do something like that again.

2 Likes