The Writers Therapy Thread 💛🍫

Hi, my fellow lovely writers. This is a place of peace, love, joy and- writing. Now as writers, we all have our successes and our drawbacks. But we also have our woes too- things that we deal with as writers. Struggles, trying times. And sometimes, you just feel so stressed and frustrated that you can’t help but worry. You worry about what’s gonna happen next. Will you ever finish that story? Or should you just stop writing it? Give up on the story? Give up writing?

Don’t worry, if you’ve got problems with your writing, this thread is for you! The writer! You are the creator, artist and the inspiration behind your own work! I’m your therapist here, the resident therapist.

So here’s how this works. Once a week, I’ll focus on a common issue that you guys are having. Every Friday, I’ll take in a new set of people and focus on their issues, and give them ways to solve it. Every day, I’ll hold a session with a certain amount of users. By Friday, I’ll have a new group of users to work with.

Best of luck and happy writing! :yellow_heart::chocolate_bar:

13 Likes

I’m in! I love this idea❣️

4 Likes

This is cool! Idk what I’m supposed to put here rn but one thing I’m struggling with is mental health in my writing.
So what happens in the story is the character goes through something traumatic (an explosion) and then starts hearing things. But I don’t know how mental disorders start, is the thing.

3 Likes

Does she now have epilepsy?

2 Likes

uhh no…

2 Likes

What does she have?

1 Like

I’d call it mild psychosis.

2 Likes

What does it do? Sounds - ahh

2 Likes

" Psychosis is a condition that affects the way your brain processes information. It causes you to lose touch with reality. You might see, hear, or believe things that aren’t real. Psychosis is a symptom, not an illness. A mental or physical illness, substance abuse, or extreme stress or trauma can cause it."

4 Likes

Mental disorders start small, just like a physical illness. It progresses over time.

3 Likes

So the character has always seen a therapist but has never had any voices until she goes through the extreme traumatic event which is the explosion.

3 Likes

Did something happen to her before the explosion?

2 Likes

This is an awesome idea!

I’m stuck on a scene right now. So basically, in the chapter I’m currently writing, the MC has to go on five different blind dates, with a different guy each time. I’ve already written the first two dates… one with a painfully boring dude who won’t stop talking about things the MC couldn’t care less about, and the second one is with a guy who keeps stereotyping her country and culture. I already know what the fourth and fifth dates will be about, but I’m stuck on the third one. It has to be a disaster date as well. It’s supposed to be a comedy, so it can be funny, exaggerated, and crazy. Any ideas?

4 Likes

Hmm, well I love the diversity within the blind dates. Exaggerate those differences. Make it crazy!

2 Likes

Maybe the guy is allergic to everything on the menu. Or he’s sexist. Or both. Or has a secret murder scheme he’s planning right after the dinner.

3 Likes

This sounds interesting. I’ll join if there is still room.

2 Likes

There’s plenty of room!

2 Likes

Orr he could bring like another girl to the date lol.

3 Likes

Okay cool, how are you doing this? Will it be on this thread or are you making a group chat?

2 Likes

Either/or. I think I should make a poll about this!

2 Likes