Thoughts on Mukbangs

What do you think of mukbangs? For those who don’t know what is a mukbang, it’s when you sit in front of a camera and eat but you’re also talking to your audience. Basically mukbang is translated as eating show and some people actually do get paid to eat on camera. Here’s an example of a mukbanger:

So the question is…do you think mukbangers are fun or dangerous?

In my opinion, I am very neutral about it because I do see both good and bad side of mukbangs. When I see videos like that, I always feel that this is too much and I don’t think I can eat this much but at the same time, there are very weird mukbangers that have really poor table manners such as Veronica Wang and Nikocado Avocado. But sometimes, I don’t mind watching these videos because I like to try out different foods.

I find it very off putting when they look straight into the camera while eating like calm down, this ain’t p0rn0!

5 Likes

I’ve added an opinion tag because I feel like we will all be stating our opinions here on the subject

My opinion being, I don’t see the point of Mukbanging but if it makes people happy then I don’t see it doing harm.

6 Likes

I watch him sometimes when I get hungry or bored.
I watch mukbangs when I want to, I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it.

3 Likes

It depends tbh. Sometimes there are mukbangs that literally make me sick like the way they eat.

Even though I think he’s dramatic af, he is actually pretty clever when he exposes other mukbangers for their trashy behaviour.

3 Likes

Yh, he has some good story times as well sometimes.

3 Likes

Remember the time he fought with Trisha Paytas (even though I dislike her but she can be sometimes entertaining), they collab in a video together with Zach Choi and it was pretty funny when I saw these comments on how they were looking at each other :joy:

This cracks me up so much, the thumbnail!

3 Likes

I don’t watch mukbangers plus I can’t stand eating noises but eating in front of a camera is harmless and if they want to do it, they should!

5 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Rofl. Zach Choi is looking like he has enough of their drama so he’s slurping them noodles!

2 Likes

Personally I just find it disgusting. I’m one of those people who can’t stand the sound of chewing or else it makes me feel like I want to puke. Just the squishy, crunchy sounds of the food in their mouth—ugh.

I mean, you do you…just stay far, far away from me.

5 Likes

I have misophonia, so I probably won’t ever watch a mukbang.

But hey, your choice.

3 Likes

I actually love them, but not when i watch them at midnight coz i get hungry and can’t sleepp

3 Likes

To be honest, I’d love to eat that much food.

2 Likes

I can eat as many chicken wings that are infront of me at any time, it’s about self control :joy:

3 Likes

It’s not at all bad, but I’d rather not watch them.

I just wonder if this is healthy, though…:thinking:

2 Likes

They make me super uncomfortable…

why on earth would I wanna watch someone eating?

3 Likes

Added tag Youtube because Mukbangs are primarily featured on Youtube.

1 Like

That’s like them idiots that record you eating. I know how that feels because whenever I used to get forced to go to weddings, I always felt intimidated when the camera man faces the camera at me while I’m eating which provokes me to punch the camera man because this also triggered my eating disorder.

2 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

I don’t mind mukbangs. :purple_heart: :butterfly:

2 Likes