<<Trouble in mayday>> Official Roleplay thread

Willow was resting her face in her palms. She sat at a desk behind everyone else, but still close enough to listen in. When Jacob spoke, she turned her head up, looking at him.

“I believe you,” she gave him a tired smile.

After sitting aside and observing the entire time, she figured it was time she gave her own thoughts. But she had to approach it carefully. She was about to speak to a whole group of tired, agitated and scared students, in a situation the same as hers. She sighed, sitting up. “As I said, I still believe we’re all innocent…” She paced towards the center of the classroom. “I don’t see why we’re the prime suspects for Mr. Albert’s death. We were all in the classroom when it happened, but nobody would listen.”

Though her hands shook and she could feel her heartbeat through her ears, she turned towards the group. She could suspect they’d all turn their attention to her, how could they not? The quiet, weird goth finally spoke up. It was one surprise after another that week.

“And Alissa? How could they blame her brother? Her best friend? I know it’s not my place to point this out in front of everyone… But Jacob, Hazel, I’m sorry the two of you have to deal with this as well…” she looked at the two of them. “Not just you two, but all of us. Why are we held up here and punished for a crime we didn’t commit? We witnessed it with our own eyes. And after seeing our own teacher dead, why would we… Why would we do the same to Alissa right after? I could see the fear in your eyes, I know you all wanted to escape just as much as me.” she looked down at the desk, already feeling her voice go quieter. “I might not know her, or any of you, but I already trust that none of you would be cruel enough to do that… Not after we spent hours together revealing our deepest secrets.”

Maybe she was naive. But she refused to accuse anyone without proof. They wouldn’t do it, right?

As she began to feel her eyes well up with tears, she took a deep breath and paused. She waited for it to stop.

“And speaking of detention…” she looked up again. She wasn’t sure why she was called in there. Usually it was a dress code violation, but they didn’t inform her of anything. Not to mention, of all the times she’d been in detention, she didn’t remember seeing all of their faces. Jenny and Reece, sure, but the rest of them were… odd. Was there a reason they were all there to begin with? Especially two people close to Alissa? How convenient that the deaths happened the day and the day after they were mysteriosly called. And to top it off, Alissa didn’t seem to feel so well either, last she saw her. It could’ve been Willow overthinking as usual. But something felt off and she just couldn’t shake it off. But she couldn’t bring it up, she’d only sound crazy.

“…Why were the rest of you in detention?” she finally asked.

@Kristi × Jacob Brian

@Mouschi × Hazel Bailey

× Everyone else ×

2 Likes

“Sure dude we’ll survive. Unless we’re targeted too, who knows,” he laughed, hiding the uneasiness from that statement. Alissa was popular, and so was Brad. As selfish as it was, what if someone was after him too? If only his parents let him drop out of high school. Maybe after this, they would finally agree. He could only say, “Man, high school is wild.”

As Josh rummaged through his bag, Brad moved his fingers across the guitar strings. It was a horrible, off tune melody. Clearly he’d never held an instrument in his life. He looked over at the music man for his reaction, as he attempted to pick up the guitar. He was curious to try and play it, but he didn’t want to get the guy annoyed with him. At that point, he’d already forgotten about the friends he left behind at the parking lot. They could wait, not like they’d come inside the school anyway.

A lot of similar texts, though it was strange Josh of all people had hate messages sent to him. Brad couldn’t possibly think of a reason why, he was a nice person that easily got along with everyone. Oh well, not like he had the braincells to think about it. He immediately forgot about it once he saw…

And of course, it had to be the same anonymous text everyone else got. The topic everyone was so focused on. Couldn’t he catch a break?

“You’re just seeing that now?” He scanned the message, skipping over lines, it was nothing he didn’t see before. “It’s some weird conspiracy. Someone had extra time on their hands.”

@Tina.G - Joshua Fujita

1 Like

Sure dude we’ll survive. Unless we’re targeted too, who knows,” Even though he tried to downplay it, Joshua couldn’t help but feel a twinge of uneasiness at the thought of being targeted, wondering what exactly Brad meant. Probably a… football thing? He just nodded in agreement…or something like that.

Joshua’s response to Brad’s attempt at playing the guitar was a mixture of amusement and understanding. As he rummaged through his bag, Joshua couldn’t help but notice the off-tune melody Brad managed to produce. It was definitely clear that Brad had never held an instrument before in his life. With a playful smile, Joshua gently placed his guitar in Brad’s arms, encouraging his curiosity and eagerness to try. Joshua was always willing to share his love for music and help others discover their own passion.

“Give it a shot, man,” Joshua said with a reassuring tone. “Everyone starts somewhere, and I’m here to help if you need it. Let’s see what melodies you can create.” He glanced over at Brad, genuinely interested in how he would handle the instrument. Joshua’s genuine excitement for music outweighed any anxieties he had about being late.

Joshua’s reaction to Brad’s dismissive response was a perfect mix of shock and concern. As he glanced at the text message about the alleged teacher and student murders, his heart sank. He couldn’t believe the gravity of the situation, especially considering his past connection with Alissa, the girl who had tragically overdosed…. Or been murdered?

Joshua’s voice trembled slightly with a serious tone as he replied, “Wait, Brad, this is serious.” He didn’t want to sound rude, or offend Brad but geez. “I don’t think I can just brush it off as some conspiracy or someone’s idle time. Lives could be at stake here.” What else could be said? Joshua kept going this no solid idea in mind. “I … I can’t believe this. Is Alissa actually…” Joshua felt sick. This was disgusting. “We can’t downplay this. Is this some sick game?” Joshua never really had to raise his voice, but he looked around this disgust. There were people he wouldn’t put this past. He definitely hadn’t expected Brad, but when your known for being stupid anyone could try anything. Joshua stood up.

@idiot.exe • Brad • hope that turn wasn’t too bad :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hazel had stared emptily out the window with her arms folded and covered in goosebumps, lost in thought for some time. She was captivated by a strange warmth while feeling chills run through every inch of her body. Without even having to glance in the mirror, she knew how defeated and sick she appeared. Her eyes felt swollen to the touch, much like her throat that was dry and hurting.

She cleared her throat once to free her voice and ease her breathing. Unfortunately, she was loud enough to have diverted some attention to her and soon her eyes darted back to the window so her pale, sickly face remained concealed. With a quick survey of the room, nobody seemed overly suspicious to her, instead it seemed like they were all innocent but in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Admist her thoughts, Jacob and Jennifer were attempting to create a plan. Truly, she believed they were both innocent, especially Jacob. She was innocent too, but upon the mentioning of drugs, suddenly, she felt the blame would be placed on her. Regardless of that truth, she still believed in finding the true killer, even if she would be dragged through mud once again. Because, even though Alissa was gone, she needed justice and Hazel was prepared to deliver just that.

Without letting another moment slip by she intervened to answer Willow’s question, ”I was hiding in the art room trying to skip English class, Mrs. Carpenter saw me while I was leaving”. She sighed, she knew something that Alissa said only to her, a secret, a big one. She wasn’t about to air it out in front of everyone, but she felt compelled to tell Jacob, maybe Dior, but again they weren’t alone. ”I’m with you, we need to work together”, she added. Perhaps later she could talk to Jacob privately.

@Kristi - Jacob, Dior mentioned
@Tina.G - Jen mentioned
@idiot.exe - Willow

3 Likes

aw

Jacob froze- no, he quite literally froze when Willow asked him what he was there for dentention. Well, she did not ask just him, she asked everyone else. See, at first Jacob Brian did not know why he was in detention, Mr.Albert had just told him, ‘you know what you did’ but no he did not??? He was confused going into detention with his twin sister who looked equally as confused. When he had gone back home though, his mother had called the school wanting to know more about the incident with Mr.Albert and why Alissa and Jacob were both in detention.

For Alissa, there seemed to be a mishap- she was not supposed to be in detention, she was supposed to come for an after school program instead but they supposingly mixed her name, now Jacob- oh Jacob was 100% supposed to be in detention according to the principal. It was over something that happened last school year that he did not get punished for and never thought he would.

He never told anyone, just the people who were there knew, because Jacob did not want his friends to think badly of him- Jacob had always been unpredictable yes, from birth no one really knew who Jacob was going to be in the future and he had no idea too. He would like a hobbie for a week or so and then dump it the next, finding something else to hyperfixate on. He would hang out with all kinds of people- the jocks, the nerds, the loners, the geeks, and the preps and did not really have a specific friend group- Jacob did not have a specific anything, except a specific dead sister, but to continue, Jacob was truly in all his essence unpredictable. His future was all over the place, and now with Alissa dead, his future was even more scattered. Sigh,

But anyways, the reason why Jacob was in detention was… “I don’t know why I was in detention,” Jacob lied, “I wasn’t told and they probably sent an email but I accidentally deleted it,”

3 Likes

As Josh put the guitar in Brad’s arms, he began to feel a bit awkward. He had seen others play it before, but he never tried to pick one up himself. It felt heavy and his hands were uncomfortably placed. Not to mention he had no clue where to begin.

“Alriiight, let’s try this!” he smiled. When unsure, confidence was a safe bet. Even if he failed miserably, at least he could look cool doing it. In his head.

Brad lifted his hand to start, but Josh’s reaction to the text made him stop mid-air. The way he spoke, he seemed genuinely shaken by it. The entire day, Brad hadn’t seen one person care about it as much. He’d heard gossip about Alissa and Mr. Albert, but nobody seemed to take the messages seriously. And although he had the same reaction as Josh that morning, he suppressed it as much as possible because it seemed like the normal response. Wasn’t it weird to be so scared of some murder? His friends would say so. Brad wasn’t any different from them, it’s always been like that. It didn’t concern him, he shouldn’t care.

Brad tried to keep his voice as steady as possible. “You haven’t heard? It’s real, everyone’s talking about it.” He looked away, unable to face Josh. He felt himself getting tense. That wasn’t like him.

He forced a laugh, lifting his hand off the guitar again, “Yeah dude, she’s…” he strummed the strings, :notes: Dead. :notes:

As Joshua stood up, Brad immediately paused and turned to him with his eyebrows raised. He didn’t seem to be joking in the slightest. “Oh, damn…” Brad cleared his throat, looking down. “You’re actually worked up over this? It’s just some texts.”

@Tina.G - Joshua Fujita

2 Likes

Joshua’s kind heart suddenly felt heavy as he heard Brad laughing and joking about a girl who was allegedly murdered. The shock washed over him in waves, tinged with a deep sense of disbelief. Joshua may not have been close friends with the girl, but they ran in the same circles, sharing some common connections and experiences.

“Yeah dude, she’s…” he strummed a flat cord, :notes:Dead. :notes:

A flicker of anger ignited within Joshua as he observed the insensitive laughter coming from Brad. How could someone find humor in such a tragic event? It made him question how someone could be so callous. “Oh, damn…You’re actually worked up over this? It’s just some texts.”

“Just some text?” Confusion clouded Joshua’s thoughts as he tried to comprehend the insensitivity displayed by Brad. He struggled to understand why someone would mock a tragedy that had probably left people grieving and affected the lives of those who knew the girl. His mind searched for a reason, hoping for some semblance of understanding, but it was nowhere to be found.

Maintaining his composure, Joshua looked Brad squarely in the eyes and spoke, his tone reflective of his deep disappointment. "It’s more than just some texts, Brad. It’s about showing respect and empathy towards others. Mocking tragedy and making light of someone’s suffering is just…. Is this a prank?” Joshua looked around again. “This girl’s life mattered, Brad,” Joshua continued, his voice unwavering. “Regardless of whether I knew Alissa well or not, she was a person with dreams, aspirations, and loved ones who are deeply affected by her loss. Didn’t Jacob used to be on the team? Yeah, that’s his sister. It’s not just about me being worked up; it’s about acknowledging the pain that others are experiencing and treating their story with the sensitivity it deserves.” Joshua reached out to grab the neck of the guitar from Brad, waiting for someone to pop out. And hopefully, it would be Alissa too.

@idiot.exe • Brad • ahhhhh :sob:

3 Likes

Untitled141_20230814183234

Anthony slouched back in his chair, his usually composed demeanor now tinged with a hint of exhaustion. This was weird. Slouching, not sleeping properly, not getting Mr. Albert out of his mind. Now that he found out about Alissa she would probably join the list. Anthony had been grappling with his own emotions lately, but seeing everyone else in a similar state? This was horrible, and not helping his confidence. And of course, he had to be the one not in the classroom when a dead body was found. Anthony would say he was dead, but that had a whole new meaning now.

Anthony leaned forward, a determined look in his eyes as he prepared to answer the question. “You know, Willow, I actually had a slip of paper that mentioned detention,” he began confidently. However, as he reached into his jacket pocket to retrieve the elusive slip, a flicker of uncertainty crossed his face. “But, um… I don’t guess, I dont know where it is now,” Anthony admitted, his voice sounding less assured than before. He searched through his backpack, hoping to find any trace of the mysterious slip of paper, but came up empty-handed. “I honestly don’t remember who signed it or even what it said. All I know is that it had my name on it and the time to show up. I must have overlooked the ‘why’ part.” A tinge of embarrassment stained his cheeks, realizing his forgetfulness had left him at a disadvantage. He had taken the detention very seriously at first, considering it a mistake or an oversight. That was why he was late, lost in his concerns over a punishment he couldn’t quite comprehend.

“I’m… sorry for not having a more concrete answer,” Anthony confessed, a touch of frustration evident in his voice. “Sorry for who? You for being caught up in this or for being most suspicious in terms of ‘oh look who showed up’, or for the group?” Jennifer brazenly asked. Ant cleared his throat, and pretended not to hear her harsh words. "I was preoccupied with the idea of detention, not grasping the full extent of its significance. At the time it was trivial. Right, Jennifer?” Anthony asked, matching her tone.

He looked at the others, a blend of determination and vulnerability in his gaze. “What matters now is uncovering the truth, proving our innocence, and finding justice for Mr. Albert and Alissa. Despite my own confusion over my detention, I pledge my unwavering support and commitment to solving this mys…murder. And proving that we are not the ones responsible for these… events.” Jenny burst out laughing.

Everyone • This was a fever dream

3 Likes

Brad listened in silence while Joshua spoke, the words hitting him like a football. The entire time, his eyes darted around the room, unable to look directly at him. He had a point, really. Josh was such a kind person, Brad wondered how he could speak so freely without even feeling embarrassed. Unsure of what to say, he could only sit frozen in place, supporting the guitar.

When Joshua looked into his eyes, Brad felt his blood slowly turn cold. Reality just began to sink in. She was gone. Nothing they do would change that. And a murder? That was so absurd, he almost didn’t want to believe it.

Brad let him take the guitar away, since he was loosely holding onto it.

He sighed, getting up to his feet. “Whoah, dude,” he put his hands in front of him defensively. “I wasn’t laughing at her…” He paused, unable to finish his sentence. If he did, he’d have to admit it. Accept that she was actually dead. And that it wasn’t just some joke or rumor. He looked away again, letting out a nervous laugh. There was nothing he could say in protest.

He had to think, how do people usually react to these kinds of news? And once again, the first thing on his mind was Chester. Even after so many months, he couldn’t stop thinking about his accident. It felt as if he was the only one who actually cared what happened to him, aside from Chester’s family. Embarrassing. Everyone else completely forgot about him. Some even joked and said they were glad he’s gone.

Right, that’s how people usually reacted. That’s how he should’ve felt too. And it should be no different for Alissa.

“Chill music man, that’s… It’s weird you care so much,” he blurted out without giving it any thought. “Like… What are you going to accomplish with that speech exactly? Want a medal? Oh, poor dude and her family. Big deal,” he shrugged. “It’s not like it affects you, anyway. She probably deserved…” he cut himself off, realizing what he was about to say.

@Tina.G - Joshua Fujita - sorry Joshua he’s stupid :sob:

3 Likes

Black Aesthetic Quotes Titter Header (1)

It was almost laughable to Dior that Nadia did not hold any ill feelings towards her. It felt so fake- so unrealistic, and maybe it was or maybe Dior was paranoid, but she could not truly believe it. Sure Dior had not bullied her, giving the fact that Nadia had good power and influence, if there was a ranking of top 10 most popular and powerful people at the school, Nadia was part of the top 5, with Alissa formerly being #1, and Dior being #2 due to Alissa’s influence. Nadia also always tended to dress well, Nadia was beautiful, extremely beautiful and there was not much Dior could hate on her for or use against her.

She had a mostly clean profile, and thus she was never ‘bullied’ nor truly disliked by Dior, but Dior had always been catty and rude to her, she had treated Nadia like Nadia was less than her- simply because Dior always saw Nadia as a threat. Not really as a threat to her, but as a threat to Alissa’s position of power. Nadia always had what it took to go #1, she had once competed with Alissa for president of student body council and could have won- if not giving the fact that Alissa had used her charm on the voters. Dior had always disliked Nadia because of this, Nadia was a threat to the social order of the school and most of all Nadia was a threat to Alissa, and Dior would do a lot for Alissa.

“How could you not?” Dior asked with a sad bitter laugh, "I have antagonized you all this years, I have treated you so badly and you mean to tell me you never held any ill feelings? I’m sorry but I find that so hard to believe.’

@Tina.G

3 Likes

“How could you not?” Dior asked with a sad bitter laugh that definitely forced Nadia’s 100% attention. "I have antagonized you all this years, I have treated you so badly and you mean to tell me you never held any ill feelings? I’m sorry but I find that so hard to believe.”

Nadia stared at Dior, her insides swirling with conflicting emotions. As Nadia observed Dior, she couldn’t help but feel a deep sadness within herself. Alissa’s overdose had taken a toll on Dior, her best friend’s absence evident in every aspect of her being. It was difficult to hold onto anger when faced with such palpable grief and emptiness. Sure, Nadia knew that Dior played a part in her social “downfall”. The way she treated Nadia had contributed to her current place in school, she didn’t get the status she wanted.

But the truth was, Nadia missed Alissa more than she could admit. She missed the challenge that Alissa brought into her life, their power struggles and rivalries. It had fueled Nadia’s desire for power and influence. But now, with Alissa gone, Nadia realized the emptiness of those pursuits. There was more to life than social standing and manipulation. jk

Nadia couldn’t hold onto her anger towards Dior anymore. It wasn’t because she had forgotten the pain or easily forgiven everything. It was simply that she saw the sadness etched across Dior’s face, the weight pressing down on her shoulders. And in those moments, Nadia’s anger dissipated, replaced by a sense of empathy and understanding. She acknowledged that Dior’s actions had influenced her current circumstances, but dwelling on resentments wouldn’t change anything. Instead, Nadia chose to focus on the impending change she sensed. So, as she looked at Dior, she knew it was time to apologize. It wasn’t just an apology for herself, but for both of them. She hoped they could find a way to move forward together, to heal the wounds that had wounded them both.

Nadia took a deep breath, and with a genuine smile, she began to speak. “Because,” Nadia began, her voice softer than before, “I see the pain you’re carrying, the sadness that eats away at you. Alissa’s absence has left a void in all of us. Our disagreements, our ‘battles’ for power, they seem superficial so now, don’t they?”

@Kristi • Dior • ahhh the urge to pull out btch Nads for no reason :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

No- Dior disagreed in her mind. There was nothing superficial about power, power was important- it was special and it was the foundation in which Dior had built her entire high school life on, because through elementary school and middle school, power as something she liked. See, growing up Dior was what you can be said to be the bullied, the outcast, the ‘ugly girl’ and its probably hard to imagine Dior ever being a victim , the prey instead of the predator, but it was truth- Dior had not grown up privilege. She had never even met her rich father until she turned 14, and during that time she suffered from a massive eating disorder that she was still recovering from.

If there was one thing Dior will always remember is the time period that power seemed so far away from her, and because she will always remember that, power can never seem or be superffical to her. Power is the one thing that kept her sane- having Alissa with her, being on top of the school, being seen as ‘perfect’, the cliques and Dior being a prep, the social order of everything just made sense to Dior, it was the only that kept her mind from spiraling, her from breaking down in fear.

“Superficial,” Dior repeated out loud with a sad smile, “Superficial,” She repeated again, her hands tugging at her braids as she let out a laughter- it was not a mocking laughter or a happy one, it was a laughter filled with worry and anxiety. “Superficial” She repeated again, “Fcking superficial,” she whispered as she dropped her head on the desk, her nervous laughter still within her.

Could you imagine, the one thing that she tried to uphold for all this years, the one thing that brought her sanity could ever be superficial? No, no power was not superficial. It could not be, and some might say that ‘all this clique things won’t matter after high school, no one will care’ but things worked differently in Mayday. In Mayday a lot of factors determine how your life shall turn out, and formerly belonging to a powerful clique can get you job opportunities from people who also were previously from that clique or friends with majority of people from that clique.

She felt herself wishing to remove her braids- braids for braid. Wishing to turn into a giant pool of water, as she kept repeating in her head, ‘superficial’

fcking superficial

She turned to stare at Nadia again, her eyes filled like that of a panda- damn she had fcking ruined her mascara, had she not? “You’re right, all this that we ‘fought’ for, held no true meaning,” Now Dior did not truly believe that but she could not say it right now could she? “But truly I thought you would be happy now that Alissa is gone, so it surprises me, why are you being so…” She squinted her brows, “Nice to me?” It felt a little bit suspicious to Dior or maybe she was just being paranoid. But Nadia was being so sweet for no reason that it made her feel uneasy in a way.

Like would she use this against her?

@Tina.G

3 Likes

“Fcking superficial,” Nadia shrank back slightly, finally shifting onto her knees instead of crouching.

“You’re right, all this that we ‘fought’ for, held no true meaning, … But truly I thought you would be happy now that Alissa is gone, so it surprises me, why are you being so…Nice to me?” Nads brows creased. What did Dior want from her? Yes, Dior. I’m thrilled, I should probably start doing some cartwheels, a backflip if I can muster it. Nads, put her hands in her lap. Rolling her eyes has a hard battle here, but luckily she won. This time. “Dior, I—I’m not really sure how to say this. Everyone knows how close you were to Alissa, and well… you’re not Alissa. Yes, me and Alissa didn’t always see eye to eye and were in competition quite a bit but… I never hated her. Or you. And you’re not Alissa.” Just really disliked her. “Your different people, so why should how I felt about one person transfer to her bestfriend?” Actually, Nadia believed the exact opposite. But that was a thought she kept to herself. Plus, if anyone saw the state of Dior they’d feel sorry, maybe even start crying with her, whether they knew why she was crying. Dior had that effect.

@Kristi • Dior • sorry it’s a bit short :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Dior noticed that Nadia brows creased, and she ogled Nadia’s face closer-yes, this was what internally Dior had been waiting for. For Nadia to snap, for her to reveal her true self and tell her ‘i’m only caring as a joke and because i like to see you being weak, don’t get your hopes up’ with a shrill laughter, but she did not say any of that. Maybe she was thinking it or maybe Dior was just being way to suspicious, but instead, Nadia had told her that plain and simply- it was because she was not Alissa.

Not Alissa? Of course Dior knew she was not Alissa but still- she was a part of Alissa. Her whole life was centered around Alissa and power, she spent almost 24 hours everyday with her. In school, after school,
and after after school. When Dior’s father would make her go to a dinner with a boy he would set her up, Alissa would come with them, when her dad was directing a movie and Dior would go to watch intrigued, Alissa would follow her. When Alissa and Jacob were having lunch with their parents, Dior would tag along. During ‘family times’ with either of their families, Alissa and Dior would be there- their families had gotten used to that; wherever Alissa was Dior would follow and wherever Dior was, Alissa would follow.

When your life was like that with another person- it was hard not to see yourself as half of that person, and that was how Dior saw herself. Alissa was her best friend, and much much more than that. But she put up a brave face in front of Nadia- it would be weird to be like ‘i’m not Alissa? I’m basically half of her lol’ and she feared that Nadia might guess the true essence of her and Alissa’s relationship, that she shall figure that they were girlfriends and not in the ‘hey girlfriend’ friendly pal way but in the ‘let’s scissor each other and makeout even when we are not drunk’ girlfriend type way. Like boyfriend-girlfriend way just girlfriend-girlfriend.

So instead Dior smiled a sad smile, “Sure,” Dior continued, “You’re right i’m not Alissa and I’ll never be her, so what’s been going on in your life?” Dior asked trying to shift the conversation away from herself and her tears. Perhaps if she figured out that Nadia’s life was not going completely perfect unlike Dior’s life then she would be happy- as sick and twisted as it sounds, that would give her great happiness.

@Tina.G

3 Likes

“Chill music man, that’s… It’s weird you care so much,” Joshua raised his brows, but clicked the locks closed on his guitar case not looking at Brad. “Like… What are you going to accomplish with that speech exactly? Want a medal? Oh, poor dude and her family. Big deal, it’s not like it affects you, anyway. She probably deserved…” Joshua slung his backpack over his shoulder than his guitar on the other arm. “What did Alissa deserve, Brad?” Joshua asked, staring right at him. Scanning his face, Joshua was ready to go. Maybe Brad would come around, but Joshua had people he needed to know were okay first. They probably wouldn’t be good, but okay.

“Oh, and, yes. It does affect me. My friend is dead, my teacher is dead, and… Gosh, they’re dead, Brad.” It was started to really hit Joshua. Yeah, nobody really liked Mr. Albert, and Alissa had a lot of drama around her but—they were dead. His tongue was heavy. Joshua for once wasn’t sure what to said next, or if he should stay something next.

@idiot.exe • Brad • sorry it’s short :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Joshua’s stare sent a chill down his spine. A usually kind and cheerful guy turning so serious was a sudden change. Brad realized too late that he went too far. Remembering Chester made him speak without thinking. Even after all that time, he couldn’t forget him. Nor the guilt, for that matter.

Alissa didn’t deserve any of it. Even if she was very disliked, or the sister of the team’s traitor Jacob - it didn’t matter. Brad almost didn’t want to grasp the situation and let it sink in that they were dead. His heart began to race, as he clenched his eyes shut.

This time, he had to choose his words carefully. He didn’t want to escalate the conversation with Joshua. Getting on anyone’s bad side would be a mistake. “Right, right, I’m aware they are,” he ran his fingers through his hair, exhaling loudly. “It’s weird, man. Why did this have to happen when we’re one year away from graduating?” He looked away, unable to face Joshua anymore. His heartrate wasn’t slowing down either. “I’m still not processing, dude. But you know me, I’m not the brightest.”

He looked around the hallway, wondering if his friends would come look for him after so long. But no one was in sight.

@Tina.G - Joshua Fujita

2 Likes

It seemed Willow’s question about the reason for detention got mixed responses. For Jennifer and Reece it was unfortunately not a question, Hazel knew why, but Jacob and Anthony mysteriosly lost their answers. It only provided her with more questions on the dillema.

There was still Anthony who arrived late. Though the others didn’t trust him - understandably, he was found next to the victim - Willow didn’t want to stress him out by jumping to conclusions.

Willow listened as Jenny and Anthony bickered, taking note of their conversation. She slowly made her way back to her seat, footsteps silent. She took her notebook out of her bag, along with a pen and sat down on the desk. Word by word, she noted down everything they spoke about so far. She noted the texts, her observations, the conversations they had, writing as quick as possible.

“…I pledge my unwavering support and commitment to solving this mys…murder. And proving that we are not the ones responsible for these… events.” Anthony spoke, but Willow only picked up half of it. Jenny’s following laugh brought her completely back to reality.

She perked her head up, closing the notebook and placing it on her desk. “Right, the mystery,” she sat up, rummaging through her bag. “I was thinking we should contact their spirits,” she deadpanned, pulling out a whole ouija board. She pushed her notebook and bag to the side, placing it on the table. While doing so, she clenched her teeth, realizing more attention would be on her again.

Don’t ask. Don’t ask. Don’t ask.

× Everyone ×

2 Likes

aw

Ok so no one pressured Jacob to say the true reasonwhy he was in detention- that was good, because Jacob was not sure how to tell them the true reason he was in detention, especially as he feared it would lead them to suspect him more- the entire school already saw him as a very possible suspect to the killing of his twin and Mr.Albert, and if this secret was found, the suspection would grow even more. He found himself dropping his head to the table- not wanting any eyes on him, wanting to be far away from everything- back to his house- back to 5 years ago when he and Alissa were as close as e and r were in the word ‘together’. But he could not do that- because time travel has not yet been created in 2001.

“Right the mystery,” Willow began and Jacob turned his attention towards her, “I was thinking that we should contact their spirits” She continued and Jacob blinked at that.

What?

What?

What did she mean by contacting their spirits? He was not sure how to break this to Willow but they were not living in a fantasy or sci-fi world, this was real life, people can’t speak to other people’s spirit as far as he knew. “Willow, Look that id-” Jacob paused and found his jaw dropping when he saw that she pulled out an entire ouija bag and pushed her notebook and bag to the side, placing it on the table. Oh, so she just casually had an ouija board in her backpack, because of course she does. Did every goth have that? Was it in the rule of gothood that one most own an ouijaboard and bring it to their backpack or something because just casually having one like that seemed so out of pocket.

He stared at the board in awe, shock, bewilderment and confusion. He could not help but to mutter, “Why do you casually have an ouijaboard in your bag?”

@idiot.exe

3 Likes

To no one’s surprise, Willow’s reveal was met with a shocked stare. She froze up. She briefly turned her eyes towards Jacob, then back to her desk. How was she going to explain herself? Keeping secrets wasn’t ideal with this group.

“It’s not always…” Willow spoke, her voice quiet and soft. She sighed. “After that day… When we saw Mr. Albert…” she paused, unable to finish the sentence. “I wanted, no, needed to know what happened to him. I thought, maybe, once I get to school in the morning I could find a way to contact him.” She turned to Jacob with pleading eyes. “Don’t you want to know the truth? I know, it’s idealistic, unreasonable, but I really wanted to do anything I could. We’re so powerless.”

Though when she initially thought of it, she couldn’t have possibly guessed there would be a second victim.

× Everyone ×

3 Likes

aw

Oh so She talked to ghosts.

Cool, cool, that was totally completely normal you know. An everyday thing, nothing too serious- in fact Jacob talks to ghosts every single day, he even befriended a friendly ghost named BOOel, because it was totally totaally normal- and if you could not tell, Jacob was being sarcastic.

AN ouija board, a freaking ouija board and after tht she tried to contact Mr.Albert. Ok, Jacob does not know why he is shocked, Willow is a goth after all, of course she has an ouija board. It would be weirder if she did not, it’s just… “I’ll have to get uses to you randomily having an ouija board in your bag,” he mumbled. Even though this talking to the ghost of his twin and his ex teacher might not work, it would not hurt to try, after all Jacob’s life was already an epic mess.

Everything that should not have ever happened, happened, so maybe who knows, ghosts are secretly real an Alissa will tell them who killed her.

“Does anyone else have any other plans?” Jacob asked his roamed hazel, Jenny and Reece. Waiting for them to say something, to add to the conversation, then he turned to Willow. “Ok, so how does this ouija box thing work? Do we umm say some spells? Harry potter type.” Jacob closed his eyes, “Rictusempra” he said, as he took a couple breathes and waited some time before he opened his eyes and scratched his neck, “So… I’m guessing that is not how it works?”

@idiot.exe

@Mouschi

@LunaticLeviTheSecond

@Tina.G

3 Likes