Two-Sentence Horror Stories Thread!

Somewhat related to Horror Prompt/Story Sharing Thread!.

I’ve recently re-discovered these on Youtube, Reddit and Tiktok, so I thought it would be fun to talk about them on the forums! For those who don’t know, Two-Sentence Horror Stories are exactly what they sound like; A scary idea or story told in a short amount of sentences, usually around two. Whether it’s with a sudden twist or a quick idea that’s simply unnerving, these little snippets of text can be genuinely terrifying. Which is why I’d like to share some with you guys!

You can share ones that you’ve found around the internet or post one that you’ve written yourself, it’s your choice! As long as you make sure to tell us if you haven’t written it yourself (and credit the original writer if you can) you’ll be fine!

I think this idea could be really fun and spooky if enough people participate. Here, I’ll start us off:

(Blurred just in case, blood/violence, you’ve been warned)
As she sat in the bathroom, she spotted the small bloodstains on her pants and sighed in annoyance.
She’d thought she’d been more careful this time, but it was always hard to avoid the initial spray once she slit her victims’ throats.

"Random" Tags

@Duckling
@Dusk
@Kiwi
@astxrism
@Tellyg47
@LHT
@Phoenixlynn.creates

11 Likes

My little sister asked me to play with her. She died ten years ago.

8 Likes

Ooh, nice.

1 Like

A girl used to play with her doll, until she ripped her head off. Now the doll plays alone.

4 Likes

It happens whenever I walk alone. The footsteps will follow.

2 Likes

My mom always complains about the terrible smell in my room. It’s not my fault she hasn’t found my body yet.

5 Likes

The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock on the door.

Not my story

3 Likes

I was about to post that one too lol. Any idea where it’s from?

1 Like

Lol. I think it’s by Fredrick Brown but I’m not sure.

1 Like

Did you know that if someone is kidnapped and not found within a day then there is a 97% chance that they may be dead? Maybe that’s why they’ve stopped looking for me…

(This is an actual true fact and I’m shook-)

3 Likes

My mom asked me why I left the front door open. I never opened the front door.

3 Likes

I heard someone calling my name from upstairs. I live alone.

4 Likes

“A girl heard her mom yell her name from downstairs, so she got up and started to head down. As she got to the stairs, her mom pulled her into her room and said ‘I heard that, too.’”

7 Likes

thank you for tag, I love going through these on reddit from time to time and now I’m spooked ;3

2 Likes

I’ve always wondered how long it would take to die by drowning. Don’t worry, the first part’s the easiest.

1 Like

A girl about my age lived in a pretty white house that my parents considered buying, and went to the same school that I went to before we switched. She was murdered a year before we moved here.

1 Like

I’m stoopid can u explain the second sentence plz :sweat_smile:

1 Like

For the past week, I’ve been having a recurring dream, I’m being pushed off a building, but I’m nowhere in sight. I slept in once on the dream and I appeared in front of a grave, my name was on it.

2 Likes

I should probably explain that this is 100% a true story.

2 Likes

Malignant Hyperthermia; A rare condition occuring as a result of an allergic reaction to anesthesia. As I lay in the hospital bed, paralyzed, I might not have been able to feel the pain from my kidney transplant, but I couldn’t help but wonder if it’d be better or worse than the searing agony of my muscle tissue dissolving away.

2 Likes