Types Of Internet Debaters

Ty!

2 Likes

I don’t mind peace makers as long as they add something to the debate.

This is annoying. :arrow_up: (I’m guilty of this irl.)

The “it’s my opinion” person is annoying too. I have no problem if someone says “In my opinion…” instead of talking as if their opinion is the general opinion or the right opinion. I do not like when people are using it as an argument, because it is not.

The lurking person is annoying because they don’t add anything to the debate. (I’m guilty of being that person. Sometimes it’s just too hard to resist :slightly_smiling_face:)

“The drama starter” is annoying if their purpose of the post was to enervate people. I don’t see anything wrong in stating something controversial if that happens to be their opinion. I guess there’s a fine line.

I don’t mind “the good Samaritan” as long as their reasons are valid.

I pretty much find everyone annoying, myself included.

Why was this topic deleted? REALLY? Someone, please explain. c:

4 Likes

5 Likes

Really?! This discussion does not target any specific users, just discuss certain behaviors. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Ridiculous.

3 Likes

If ANYTHING…we are just targeting ourselves and saying what we did

2 Likes

I don’t know which one I am. Don’t think I’m any of them tbh…?

Lowkey me :joy:

4 Likes

I don’t think I’m any of them either, TBH. I’m just the person reading everything and trying to figure out how a simple discussion went from 5 posts to 250 while I was at work. :sunflower:

1 Like

Imagine not knowing what “trash talk” means :thinking:

2 Likes

Acts surprised

1 Like

I am guilty of the different types of internet debating. The ones that describe me very well are:

• The aggressive peacemaker
  • The “It’s my opinion” person. I only say that when someone gets offended when I say politely that I don’t like weddings without turning it into a 30 min lecture

This is me ^^’ I just find some drama interesting and funny. :') But I’ve stopped now and become more of:

Because a lot of my chats heat up at time :grimacing: So now I just jump in and be like “SHUT THE HELL UP. YOU’RE ALL FVCKING STUPID AND NEED HELP” But I usually default to peacemaker when I’m eating or just too tired.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s me :eyes:
The most I do, is trying to mediate a friends’ fight, but that’s the latest line of action.

2 Likes

This is the thread that got AMagic banned.

3 Likes

Bump!

The Good Samaritan, there is nothing worse than a hall monitor and I feel like a lot of people like to call the teacher over under the guise of “this is getting out of hand” but really they just see that they’re losing or they’re taking things too personally. People always wanna be like “I’m gonna be the bigger person and take the high road” after they spent they spent the whole conversation on the low road. If you can’t handle conflict maturely and respectfully don’t start an argument.

3 Likes

Totally not related to this topic, but this is so cute so I made one too. Hope that’s fine :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Bump :pleading_face::sparkles:

Bump!

Do you think that there are other types too? :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

(Added the #discussion tag :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:)

Added a tag (wink)