Underappreciated Mythical Creatures!

Thank you for making this!! So I’ve been getting into a lot of mythologies, especially Asian ones for one of a roleplays I’m doing. So I’ve got a little list

• Dokkaebis AHhh! These little creatures have such interesting personalities :scream: Would lovea story on them
  • Imugi’s I know there’s a movie or smthn based on this but I don’t see a lot of this particular creature and would love to see more
  • Viscera because that could make a really killer paranormal/horror movie!! :ghost:
  • Different types of Obake and Awages are super interesting as well!
  • Selkies!! We love ourselves a good shapeshifting girl ^^
  • Sirens - correctly 'cause if someone doesn’t give some good Siren represntation Imma be angry :triumph:
  • Yokai!! For the people that assume this is a creature you obviously don’t know your mythologies!! (I mean this in jokingly, I’m pretty sure no one knows this.) This is an entire class of interesting creatures!
  • Valkyries - THE ONE GOOD BOOK I FOUND WAS A HAREM BOOK LIKE WHY, give our winged girls of death a little more love!!
  • Banshee :scream: I’ve always been so effing in love with banshees as creatures, we stan supernatural vocal cords :clap:
  • Hydra - Because we never saw these enought!!
  • Succubus/Incubus ~ I really want more of these they could have interesting plot lines if done correctly!! We love ourselves a friendly bloodsucker :vampire: The male version, an Incubus is really not seen anywhere so would be pretty chill if someone did that!
  • Willow 'O wisp ~ Because I want more story behind that Brave creature sksks, and they are such cuties in the disney version!! I want to adopt one :heart:
  • Oni demons ~ They’re pretty popular in mangas but I think I’d like a good book on these purely wicked characters, would make for an awesome antagonist…or hero if someone wants to play it that way :smirk:
  • Kitsune/Gumiho ~ The asian versians really connect so I put them together, I always love a good book on these temptresses!
  • Fenrir ~ Ahhh, obssesed since Magnus chase, someone make some books on him!!
  • Harpies - These creatures certainly don’t get enough love :pensive: GIVEE EM SOMEE
  • Shinigamis so I know, like deathnote is popular but that’s one of the few I found and there’s not much known so a lot of creative license here :two_hearts: Someone do this marginalized group :sob:
  • Ghoul but the filipino version is pretty cool, someone should do a Merlin episode on that :joy:
  • Witches from the Filipino culture are super interesting, especially if someone did an aswang witch?! Like c’mon, guys, my wallets open!! :scream: :ghost:

I have a lot more, but here’s the top few!!

5 Likes

Would Egyptian gods and Greek gods count?

2 Likes

Hmmmm, while they’re dead religions, they are still religions.

It would be kind of like calling Jesus a mythological creature :eyes:

3 Likes

:joy: creature

2 Likes

Banshee?

2 Likes

Banshees rock :eyes:

2 Likes

Succubus

Not because I’m one but they have more character and style.

2 Likes

Depends on the myth in my experience!

Some of them are legit just. Kill men with sex :joy:

1 Like

Lol funny because my main character in the story doesn’t kill a man during sex. She just does it with the guy she’s dating.

1 Like

True, I was just checking.

1 Like

Why does this just make me of the TV show, Charmed?

1 Like

Og or new one?

1 Like

Original.

2 Likes

I can’t force myself to finish season 8…:I have a fear of finishing seasons on Netflix or something l. I hate cliffhangers

1 Like

Awww, that’s cute. Though if you are a fan of witch shows or wanna talk more about the seven seasons with me and others, we have this thread.

I also want to have either a very tiny OR very large sea serpent!

2 Likes

Awww what would you name it?

1 Like

Name what? I linked the thread to the word “thread”, just click on the word in blue.

1 Like

I mean name the serpent?

'Cause I just meant in general, I’d like a pet sea serpent.

1 Like

I’m thinking of Percy Jackson

2 Likes