Wattpad Closed Its Forums!

But I was on there two weeks ago?!

4 Likes

Wait whaaat? :0 Nooooo I was planning to bravely approach an acquaintance there and now it’s gone :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I didnt even know they had a forum

1 Like

Tell me about it!

2 Likes

It wasn’t really different from what we have here apart from how the posts look like, the section images and subsections of every kind for all their users, even if it’s only five people that use that subsection.

The site is on a read only mode until August 12th before they officially delete it.

I also think we lost our chance in getting the wattpad forum users to come over here since they’ve already moved to a new fourms.

I can’t say the name of the forums in case it’s against the guidelines

1 Like

It’s to bad they closed their forums. I always enjoyed looking at the read for read sections and doing reviews of peoples fiction w/o expecting anything in return. It is much more comfortable since they are looking for that service than doing it cold.

It is a very stupid decision by Wattpad.

5 Likes

Aw, yeah. :confused::sweat:

Welcome to this forums though :partying_face:

1 Like

Why did they close the forums again? Huh? You mean the entire Wattpadd forum?

3 Likes

You may get more trickling in if you spread the word. I know a lot of people jumped ship to the Tapas forums at first so a mention there might bring in more people (assuming that it’s not against Tapas ToS). There’s also not as many people on the new forums as you would think, based on the numbers I’ve seen posted by the admins.

At the moment, I believe there are relatively small community pockets spread across 2 user-made forums (I’ve seen links for two, but I’m only a member of one) and a heap of discord servers. Personally, I like the forum rules here better :+1:

3 Likes

They closed the entire forums!

2 Likes

Then what about their contests and all that though? Would it be like posted on the forums etc?

No wonder I can’t seem to find it but didn’t really think about it.

Is it caused too much drama or?

2 Likes

This sounds like a great plan! If you want to help, feel free to promote us and see if you can convince some people to join

We’re hoping we can get some people to join us and make this place even better :sunglasses:

2 Likes

There are rumors, but I’m not sure if there’s anything official

1 Like

Official reasoning is “bullying and harrassment”.

It just coincidentally occurred after a serious data breach and a rise in people crying out “mod abuse” because of the closing of topics addressing sensitive issues/when a bunch of users created “resistance” threads and started threatening to cancel Wattpad/the Ambassadors on various social media :eyes:

They also haven’t mentioned the closure on anywhere except on the forum itself. There’s nothing in the “Wattpad News” book about it.

4 Likes

Omg wow. That’s…wow.

Just when I thought of promoting my story on Wattpadd. :pleading_face::pleading_face:

I wonder why Episode has not follow suit. They should though. Hhhh.

2 Likes

I’ll see what I can do :+1:

1 Like

The rules brought you here? That’s absolutely amazing! I’m so glad! And welcome :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you!

And yes, they did :+1: (That, and @Eleven_MA was like “Jax, look at this!”)

It was a long read, but I do like how transparent and fair they are. There are certain things written into the rules of the other place that are a bit… :eyes:

Being greeted after having just made an account was a pleasant surprise too :joy: It’s been a welcoming experience :blush:

5 Likes

Oh no :eyes:

This was one of my favorite things when I first joined, and I haven’t really seen it anywhere else

1 Like