Weekly Theme Discussion: Do cooking reality shows actually promote cooking or drama?

Heyy there.

So since this week’s theme is cooking, i decided to talk about cooking reality shows, and currently there is already one show that mostly includes drama and people only watch it for the drama.
So the question is, do these kind of shows promote cooking or just something for people to watch like big brother?

What are your opinions? Share them below.

9 Likes

I used to really enjoy watching Hell’s Kitchen. It was fun learning new things about cooking. But the newer seasons are filled with people who I don’t really think care about cooking and only want to be there so they can be on TV. These people only cause drama (mainly the girls honestly). Its like they all think they’re on Real Housewives.

7 Likes

I think no one really cares about cooking anymore, some people go to find boyfriends/girlfriends and some just for the money. Girls do get competitive just as the guys and mostly they get the choice, they choose to compete guys with guys. It’s honestly tiring.

5 Likes

Sometimes the shows are just more fun to watch, and sometimes they motivate me to want to go and cook.Though I feel like now most shows revolve around drama anyways. A lot of people join those kinds of shows for the money though… its quite annoying

4 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of drama shows but one of my favorite cooking shows is “Worst Cooks in America” and I watched it mostly for the drama and humor over the actual cooking & culinary improvement. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I hate cooking shows that are all about drama. I mean if I need drama I’ll just go watch KUWTK, Ex on the beach, Too hot too handle, telenovela’s, etc when I put on a cooking show it’s because I want to improve my culinary skills.

4 Likes

Both. :joy:
The drama is what makes it entertaining and not boring.

4 Likes

I don’t like drama on shows, but I LOVE MasterChef!! Gordon Ramsey is very scary though, and there’s some drama on there sometimes.

I distinctly remember this one episode where this guy tried to get tough with Gordon Ramsey a bit, and Gordon just shut that guy down. I was so shocked when I heard what he said-

But most of the time Gordon is just yelling at them. And whenever someone serves some undercooked meat in those team challenges, he’ll be like “I wouldn’t even feed this to my dog.”

4 Likes

Exactly. He’s ruthless and I’d love for him to judge me but I think I’d end up in tears and sniffling like a child. Lol I’m a whining b**ch :joy:

3 Likes

Gordon is a mEaNiE wEaNiE. He’s so rudee. :joy:

4 Likes

Yes!!! That show is so fun to watch. Me and my family find ourselves shaking our heads at the show constantly. No matter how much you want to look away you just can’t.

Most of the time when I watch cooking reality competition shows, it’s Chopped (especially when it’s the kids competing), Worst Cooks In America, or Guy’s Grocery Games. While it was still on, I watched Cutthroat Kitchen a lot. (I loved that show. I loved the “sabotages” that the cooks could purchase to use against each other.) None of these were really Drama filled.

3 Likes

Gordon is my spirit animal if I’m honest :joy:

2 Likes

These are OG cooking shows. The ones you actually enjoy watching and learn something whilst still holding your attention. And I love the judges. They always find a way to tell what’s wrong with your dish and not make you feel worthless

3 Likes

100% True facts

1 Like

cough Bobby Flay and Anne Farell do be savage sometimes though cough

2 Likes

And that’s how I like it. It always makes things interesting

2 Likes

Anything with guy has my heart!!

:joy::joy: I’m dead, okay I’m done being off topic

Gordon: I’m not a rabbit, yet you serve me food that’s for for a rabbit hutch

1 Like

Oh, that’s a seems like a good show if there’s some humor in it, i think the title says it all.

You see that’s why if I went on this show I’d be scarred for life and no amount of therapy would help. Like they straight up humiliated him and he was on the verge of tears.