Weekly Wattpad Recommendations!

Hey there! so, this is a new Wattpad recommendation thread where each week, some staff members will recommend a story for you to read on Wattpad! Feel free to discuss the recommended stories, but try to avoid spoilers.

My recommendation for this week: Animals by RyleyKalem

7 Likes

Hey @Caticorn, are you still wanting this to be a thing? Should we make it a weekly staff task that they have to recommend a Wattpad story?

2 Likes

That would be awesome!

2 Likes

Alright, I’ll set a reminder then and add it for next week. (wink) I just think that this one would be good for the Wattpad community.

2 Likes

So do I, I just kept forgetting to post new ones.

2 Likes

Here’s another recommendation!
Nathaniel Jean’s Senior Year by Alicia Wallace (stayonbrand)

Synopsis

At first glance, nobody would be able to tell that Nathaniel Jean had a problem. Or second glance, or third, or fourth.

After all, he had everything. He was a captain of his school’s soccer team and one of the top players in the state. He had a big house and money to spend. He had family, he had friends, he had fun, he had faith.

He never meant for it to happen. He never wanted to look at another man in the way he should have been looking at a woman. The idea had disgusted him for most of his life - living in a heavily Catholic town with heavily Catholic parents, homophobia was the only response he knew. That didn’t change when he first realized that he didn’t like girls.

No, Nathaniel Jean was still homophobic. He hated the idea of a man sleeping with another man. He was raised on the notion that all gays went to hell, and he believed it. He despised them, and so he despised himself.

Nathaniel Jean was more fortunate than most, because help did arrive for him. Help by the name of Lucas Morgan, they boy he’d always known but never known. The boy with big dreams and bigger talent.

The boy that changed Nathaniel’s life over the course of their thirty-six week long senior year.

2 Likes

@Discussions, here’s a list of Wattpad stories to read and discuss.
I’m gonna post one too but I’ll do it later on today.

4 Likes

Omg, thanks! I’m currently reading a book called “A Lie in Church” and I’m looking for more recommendations!

1 Like

No worries. If you want to watch this thread then there is going to me at two recommendations a week

1 Like

Okay! I’ll watch it!

1 Like

Whoops. Was a little late with this…

Glass Hearts, by midnightsun1114

Synopsis:

Suffering from years of mental and emotional abuse, love becomes a painful memory for Samantha Campbell. Burying herself in her work at the wealthiest publishing company in the small town of Kismet, she tries to hide from her past. Once Kevin Kim replaces her old boss, their different personalities clash.Will the serious boss be able to change his employee’s mind about love and men?

2 Likes

Here’s another one:
The Dutch Boy, by Pixie022

Synopsis

An arsonist with a leather jacket and a sexy Dutch accent. And a shy kid from school who works in the local pet shop. The idea that the pair could ever cross paths - let alone build any sort of relationship - was almost laughable.

And yet, here we are. Laughing away.

2 Likes

I also recommend…

Kito, by ChaoticDeluge

Synopsis:

24 years after the end of the Necromantic War - otherwise known as the Hundred-Year War - the Realms are still recovering. The powerful mages of the Allied Front hold the line against the Demonic forces of Naraka, though the undead hordes led by the Pyromancer: Xan is firmly put behind them…

Kito Tiko was known throughout the Front as a hero thanks to his defeat of Xan towards the end of the war, and his choice to settle down afterwards was warmly received by his peers and former leaders with no argument. However, a storm begins to brew. Forces amass, seeking to destroy Kito and everything he loves, and when his father mysteriously disappears, he is forced back into a dark world of bloodshed and violence. Forced back into the warfare he thought long behind him, to face demons both old and new - within and without…

5 Likes

:pleading_face:

2 Likes

I did it, sir, I did it! I took me long enough but I finally did it!

2 Likes

Thank yoooouuu :sob:

1 Like

You know I was always planning to.

1 Like

I know :hearts:

1 Like

This week, I recommend:
The Traitor’s Heir by CDWollner

Synopsis

Quara and Lina are two sisters who have spent their entire lives in the safety of an underground world. The world above ground is too dangerous for all but the bravest of scouts and warriors, and even they venture out only to protect the underground fortress. But when Lina’s forbidden underground explorations leave both girls trapped, they stumble upon an unlikely friend who aids in their escape, and they embark on a journey in the above ground world that will challenge their lives forever.

1 Like

I recommend…

Isaiah’s story, by SethAMott

Synopsis:

Ten year old Isaiah Bradford didn’t want to move, but an unknown relative passed away and left his father a creepy house in the country. That isn’t all he left behind. Even though they never met, he left Isaiah an enigmatic gift. When Isaiah solves the riddle and opens the gift, he will embark on an adventure to a dark and perilous land. His life, and the world, may never be the same again.