My timer is on… but I wanna finish up these 2 scenes pretty soon :eyes:

1 Like

Good luck! :wink:

1 Like

Thanks! Good luck to you too.

1 Like

Wednesday Writing Discussions and Reminders

Writing Q&A

ME: Coming up with ideas. I also think I’m pretty good at fixing plot holes and I’m decent at aleteration.

ME: Not writing at all and not having a set schedule to write. I tend to say too much and not get to the point because I over-worry that readers won’t understand. I edit while I write (big no-no to some lol).

• Some things to think about and discuss.
Weekly Writing Prompt(s)

https://forms.gle/9LoE43HxAyF41HxXA

• You don’t need to do all of these! Also, you can comment your prompt writing on here, on the anonymous form, or keep the writing to yourself!
1 Like

Wednesday Writing Goal(s)

• Character development
  • Furthering the plot
  • Setting up a scene
  • Writing dialogue
  • Fixing plot holes
  • Editing out unnecessary things
  • Other

0 voters

• 10 mins
  • 15 mins
  • 20 mins
  • 25 mins
  • 30 mins
  • 45 mins
  • 60 mins
  • LONGER :hourglass::hourglass_flowing_sand:

0 voters

• There’s two different types of writing goals because sometimes writers need to focus on putting in the time while others need to focus on putting in the work. And some may want/need to do both :wink:

Keep writing :purple_heart:

2 Likes

@Writers :open_book::eyes::spiral_notepad::writing_hand:

2 Likes

I went for 45 minutes yesterday! Let me try it again

1 Like

Awesomeness :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you!!

1 Like

Prompt Response(s)

Prompt: The last song you listened to becomes a short story.

• Title: B!tch I’m Nasty

Lili had been minding her business until a certain person had obstructed her path and was pushing her around. Lili had made it clear that she didn’t want any trouble and Azra should move out of the way but she had refused and even went as far as to strike Lili under the bases of disrespect. A teacher had appeared and settled the impending fight before it broke out and everyone dispersed to class thinking the flame had been quenched not knowing that Lili hadn’t taken kindly to that slap and still felt like having revenge. Throughout the day Lili had been quiet and moody, no one understood why but by lunch the reason was apparent. Azra had been sitting at her usual table when Lili walked up behind her and thumped her head. Azra got up immediately looking as if she were ready to commit murder and before she realized it, a bowl of yogurt was upturned on her head. Lili didn’t stop there but went on to smearing part of that day’s soup on Azra’s white shirt and pouring the rest down her jeans. When she was done she just told Azra that she wasn’t through with her and that she was nasty and that one should not provoke a sleeping lion," Caden blurted out. He had been called into the principal’s office to give an account of what had occurred the previous day and before he was asked to sit he confessed. The principal excused him and announced for Azra Jones and Lili Lodge to report to his office.

1 Like

I try to write when I’m feeling inspired. Usually it’s in the morning, after drinking coffee, and at night between 8:00 and 9:00.
Staying inspired and forcing inspiration is a hard thing. But often I read other stories for a little bit of inspiration. At times, random things give me inspiration. Even seeing a background that I like a lot and want to use can inspire a scene.

I’m not a big poetry fan, so I wouldn’t really rely on it to help me with my writing.

1 Like

Friday Writing Goal(s)

• Character development
  • Furthering the plot
  • Setting up a scene
  • Writing dialogue
  • Fixing plot holes
  • Other

0 voters

• 10 mins
  • 15 mins
  • 20 mins
  • 25 mins
  • 30 mins
  • 45 mins
  • 60 mins

0 voters

• There are two different types of writing goals because sometimes writers need to focus on putting in the time while others need to focus on putting in the work. And some may want/need to do both :wink:

Keep writing :purple_heart: :purple_heart: :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I like romance when it isn’t the only thing the story focuses on… like when it’s a part of the story but not the main genre, and when it’s done well, of course. No toxic romances, please.

1 Like

Yes to all of this! Love/romance is a beautiful thing, but I like seeing that there’s more to life than that. Realistic romance is the best :+1:

1 Like

Saturday Writing Goal(s)

• Character development
  • Furthering the plot
  • Setting up a scene
  • Writing dialogue
  • Fixing plot holes
  • Other

0 voters

• 10 mins
  • 15 mins
  • 20 mins
  • 25 mins
  • 30 mins
  • 45 mins
  • 60 mins

0 voters

• There are two different types of writing goals because sometimes writers need to focus on putting in the time while others need to focus on putting in the work. And some may want/need to do both :wink:

2 Likes

A great thread if you don’t wanna go searching for threads :wink: guess who typed it?

2 Likes

Monday Writing Goal(s)

• Character development
  • Furthering the plot
  • Setting up a scene
  • Writing dialogue
  • Fixing plot holes
  • Other

0 voters

• 10 mins
  • 15 mins
  • 20 mins
  • 25 mins
  • 30 mins
  • 45 mins
  • 60 mins

0 voters

2 Likes

Tuesday Writing Goal(s)

• Character development
  • Furthering the plot
  • Setting up a scene
  • Writing dialogue
  • Fixing plot holes
  • Other

0 voters

• 10 mins
  • 15 mins
  • 20 mins
  • 25 mins
  • 30 mins
  • 45 mins
  • 60 mins

0 voters

2 Likes