What are some limitations for you in RPing?

Our wonders and fantasies are limitless and we can do anything about it; however, for the sake of some things, we still need to abide by the face that we can’t always share everything and do everything we want to do especially if it might cause some unpleasant consequences. This also applies, of course, in the realm of RPing and SGing and I’ve come across them a few times.

Certain characters and scene ideas have crossed in my mind that I wanted to implement but couldn’t because I’m afraid it would offend the community (I won’t tell you but the hint is that a part of me believes that the reality is its own perfection). Now one of the biggest limitations is also the lack of motivation and creativity, like a writer’s block, and it’s been lingering in me for who knows how long :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@RPers, how about you?

• What are some limitations you’ve come across with RPing?
  • What do you think are more limitations in RPing that you haven’t experienced yet?
6 Likes

honestly, writing non-actional things has been harder for me. I like to have action and conversation and if I get a whole bookwork of details but only a few sentences with dialogue I can work on, it kind of throws me off. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lately mine have changed. I’ve learned to write longer posts and more details but I’m still not very good at writing in third person. I’m right now trying it out as Dark.

@RPers Let’s share some limitations.

3 Likes

Hmmm…I have a huge problem writing straight girls. Guess why?

2 Likes

Uh… time management for me

1 Like

have you tried writing it the same as other characters? I often write my gay character’s romantic scenes the same. I just make them slightly more aware of their surroundings and think about their relationship and how well they got accepted by their surrounding a little more. idk if it’s that simple for others, or how well I do tbh. I know there are things that are different, but interactions with people either romantically or friendly-wise, isn’t that more personality-based than orientational? :thinking:

(I might be saying something stupid here and if someone gets offended by is I’m sorry)

1 Like

My issue is if I say they’re straight, then see a female I want her to romance. I have this problem only with girls.

2 Likes

I’m taking s break and not joining any new RPs or creating new characters. Is that a limitation? Idk

1 Like

I’d say it is.

1 Like

Aah yes, that I have often too, I often say they are straight until proven otherwise lol.

1 Like

It’s honestly me projecting my crush of the person’s character onto mine, lol. RIP :heartpulse::yellow_heart::blue_heart:

1 Like

I think it’s a limitation that you only write from one character’s pov, so you always have to pause and wait for the other character’s reaction, even if it’s a small reaction like yes or no.

Describing the surroundings is also hard if there’s no reference, because I don’t know what the rp creator imagined it to look like.

I also struggle writing dialogue because I have 0 social skills and have no idea what to say after introductions :partying_face: And I sink every ship because romance is so awkward

2 Likes

omg yes

i always ask for ref pics

lol me too
how do people come up with creative and funny dialogues?!?!

1 Like

I’m gonna kidnap you on a boat and kill you :pleading_face:

1 Like

but- but why-
what did i do?!

1 Like

i was just putting an example of dialogue–
cough cough lottie

1 Like

For me, my biggest limitations are in my confidence in portraying certain types of characters and interactions. Flirting type situations or interactions where my character is being mean towards another character can be difficult for me to write, mainly because I as a person don’t know what words to say for that type of situation to be able to write for them.

Added some tags also