What are your best/worst character names?

What do you think if the best name you’ve chosen for a character? How did you come up with it, and what makes you like it the most?

Do you have any names you’ve chosen that you don’t like? How did you chose it, and why don’t you like it now?

7 Likes

I honestly love all of the names I pick.

1 Like

I quite like the names I pick that’s kinda who I pick them
I do have a bit of a problem with last names most of my character’s last names disappoint me but I don’t really mind

2 Likes

Yes! Well, I love the name Bella and rollercoasters… so my mc first name was Bellacoaster Da-Vucchi and I don’t like it cause it’s just sounds so wrong…

1 Like

My favorite character name is from my story Miss Understood. Emilianna.
My oldest nephew’s name is Emiliano, but I had never heard the female version before… and just last year, before I started writing the story, I heard the name Emiliana for the first time and decided I wanted to use it in a story. A few days later, the plot of Miss Understood was born. :sunflower: :sunflower: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart:

Now I have a student in 8th grade named Emiliana.

As for worst character names… I don’t usually pick names I don’t like unless it’s supposed to be for characters that are meant to be unlikable. In Diary of a Middle School Teacher, I created a character named Bonifacio, but he was supposed to be sort of a scumbag. And I also created a character with the most overused Hot Episode 2016 Bad Boy name, Brody, just to make him the exact opposite. He was a teenager with a bad attitude who never wore deodorant. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

lol

I’ve seen that name before…

1 Like

Love it-

1 Like

A lot of my names have something to do with the character. My character Jane Cross was born to pastors. Jane means God is gracious. She’s also an Atheist.

All my character names are from Pinterest, so they’re obviously aesthetic. I don’t have names that I dislike.

1 Like

Lol

1 Like

Rebecca “Bex” Donovan. She was the first RP character I ever made.

I took it from a book Rated, which I was reading at the time. I basically combined the first name of a main character and the last name of her love interest.
I think the name just holds a special place in my heart. At the time, it seemed like a really good book and I didn’t know much about character development or flaws or practically anything that makes a good character.

Not really. The one I regret the most is probably Kai, or Malachai, who was such a stereotypical bad boy. Then again, everyone was supposed to hate him and he had this fire power thing and Kai means fire I think, or something like that. Nonetheless, it was not my most creative moment.

1 Like

I really like Aithne. It means fire.

I really have to make a character called Kieran White…
ahh how hot his name sounds…

Bonnie Jane Todd.

1 Like

Elodie :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

this name is so overrated-
but it prettayyyy

bit of an overrated name lol

1 Like

Hmmm
Deville La Croix is still iconic
And… Lisette is so pretty
Arthur Hugh Hook also fits my guy

I don’t like the name Owen Joe Robertson though and Princeton REYNOLDS (ugh, his surname - the name is okay - but the surname, no)

what- how-
where did you hear kieran?

Tsukiko Yagami. Yes, Death Note reference.