What do you guys think of ThatVeganTeacher?

Okay, if we already have a thread on this then I couldn’t find it but I do think it’d be rad to discuss the person who keeps coming up in my YouTube recommended and not in a good way.

Before anybody says “this is old news” as far as I know, she’s still doing things that are rubbing people up the wrong way and most of the videos/articles I’ve found are from around March so it’s not that old.

Now, time for some context:

ThatVeganTeacher was a TikTok user, I’m saying “was” because I’m pretty sure she’s banned now but she’s still on YouTube as far as I know. She generates a lot of controversy because the way she promotes veganism often includes:

• Homophobia
  • Racism
  • Disrespect towards religions
  • False Information
  • Refusal to listen to critisism

Among other things, the way she responds to criticism is to basically ignore the things she was critiqued for and well…say guilt trippy weird things to promote her lifestyle.

I have many examples of things she’s done which I can talk about in the thread but before we begin I would like to say that I don’t have any problem with vegans, at all, in any way. Infact there’s part of me that even questions if ThatVeganTeacher is “real” in terms of the fact there are people who like to try and make vegan’s and veganism seem like a bad thing. But for the purpose of the thread we’ll say she’s authentic.

I haven’t put this in the food section because this isn’t a thread to primarily discuss veganism, it’s going to be centred around ThatVeganTeacher and the way she promotes the cause.

I’ll link some compilation videos once I’ve checked them for swears but I linked some articles above :blush:.

Questions:

Have you heard of her and if so, how did you first hear about her?
What do you think of her and the way she promotes veganism?
General opinions?

@Discussions

5 Likes

ooh yeah I heard about her randomly on YouTube. A video about her randomly popped up and I can’t skip… news :eyes:

I mean there’s no harm in promoting a lifestyle, but the way she is doing it so wrong and sad-
she promotes it so much idk if she’s being genuine about it or what-

but yeah I can’t really say anything about her except that she’s disappointing and stuff :eyes: I mean I would but it’s not like it’ll change anything-

but yeah this “promotion” does not look like a promotion anymore xDDD it looks like a sad attempt of tyranny and it spreads sm false information about things

2 Likes

Oh yeah. Her.

I very much agree, she’s going about it in a way that actually does more harm for veganism than good and whenever anyone points this out she basically just ignores them and if the people who point it out are other vegans she says they aren’t “real vegans” like okay gatekeep the thing you’re trying to “educate” people about

2 Likes

I have unfortunately heard of her.
I am not a vegan, as sensory issues and a tendency to eating disordered behaviours, as well as my parents, make that diet impossible. I support animal rights. I hate ThatVeganTeacher.

I’ve searched through her videos in the past, and found a lot of very questionable stuff. She’s posted uncensored videos of animal abuse in attempts to show the ‘harsh reality’ of eating meat today. Yes awareness of those things needed spread, but not in the blunt, triggering way that she did it. It is completely guilt tripping and insensitive to ppl with potential trauma or other things which would general a trigger around those subjects

And the homophobia and racism, from her, a white, cishet woman, was just disgustingly insensitive. Not even gonna expand on it, as the links you provided were pretty good at it.

There was nothing wrong with promoting the lifestyle, but she actively triggered, guilt tripped, shamed and was entirely insensitive to her followers, and I’m glad she’s been banned.

Oh yea, and she tries to make her dogs vegan. Like literally. She’d post videos of her obviously malnourished dogs eating grass and acting abnormally, claiming that they ‘loved the lifestyle’ and ‘were perfectly happy and healthy’

5 Likes

She’s also a hypocrite because she once told someone their trigger warning was “bulls*it” because they didn’t wait a “full 10 seconds before talking” despite the fact that none of her videos involve a trigger warning of any kind despite showing graphic animal abuse or containing graphic descriptions of animals used in a humanised way.

She also supports PETA and has the belief of animals not being allowed as pets and that she “rescued” her dog and made it go vegan like…no…just stop.

2 Likes

=_=
Honestly she frustrates me sm
She’s got an extremely stereotypical teacher mindset, in the form of “I’m right and always will be right. You can either agree or be wrong.”

Yeaaa
I hate people like that. Human’s are omnivorous, which is why being vegan is possible. Dogs and cats ect. are carnivorous. They eat grass only to force themselves to throw up when they feel poorly. Veganism is simply a roundabout way of slowly killing your carnivorous pet.

2 Likes

Oh I did and I’ve heard of her on tumblr (one of my mutuals) and youtube (Anna oop and other youtubers)

It’s awful, she’s all like “if you’re not a vegan you’re a bad person” she also literally thinks discriminations against vegans is a thing and is the same as sexism/ homophobia/transphobia and racism. She compares milking cows to r@pe, she wants to force everyone to be a vegan. She is just horrible, f*ck her.

1 Like

also the whole thing with the black girl doll she did :smiley: :hocho:

3 Likes

God I want to rescue her dog so much.

2 Likes

vEgAnPhObIa

3 Likes

Literally
If you don’t milk a cow then it will go through a huge amount of pain and possibly get sick and maybe even die. Its the same thing with anyone with milk glands. If they fill and nothing drains them, then they start to overfill and confuse the body, resulting in lumps and pain. It’s quite common with people who breastfeed who end up going to jail before weaning their child and their body off of it

3 Likes

THIS!! My God, she claims to care about animals but don’t know sh*t about them actually.

2 Likes

The woman is beyond ridiculous. That’s all I’m gonna say for now. :+1:

1 Like

Since I couldn’t find an article for this I’ll just explain:

She frequently tells people they’ll go to hell for not being vegan, she “contacts” God on a banana phone, she told people they should change their religion like they change their underwear and in general doesn’t know what she’s talking about in terms of anything religious but presents herself as though she’s an authorative voice on the matter.

The documentaries she often quotes as sources contain false information for example, Cowspiracy.

The YouTube compilations speak for themselves, she’s a hypocrite mostly but she ignores and twists peoples words.

3 Likes

I remembered that video! she was also like “God is vegan” or some shixts

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Yup, she’ll genuinely talk about how she thinks God isn’t real and that religion is all false etc yet she’ll still use it to try and make people vegan? :joy: Noooo

3 Likes

Wow.

1 Like

it’s so stupid lmao. ‘God isn’t real’ and change your religion but she keeps using God to make people vegan.

1. God contacted her through a banana and she is his messenger
  2. God is a vegan and that is why you should be vegan.

… Is either you don’t believe in him or you do, Lol she is just so-

2 Likes