What do you struggle with most as a Writer?

Personally, I can’t even finish a story. Let alone anything else. :rofl: What about you?

10 Likes

Yeaahhh I don’t have the patience to plan properly, let alone sit down and write a whole story. This is why I no longer have thousands of readers :joy:

9 Likes

My biggest struggle is probably narrating the MC’s thoughts. For some odd reason I can narrate the LI’s thoughts perfectly fine, but not the MC’s :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

That’s a really funny struggle! In any particular scene? Or just in general?

3 Likes

Another problem I have is dialogue. Can’t seem to get it right.

I’m great with story ideas, but once I start writing… The sparks are gone…

2 Likes

Usually sad thoughts are the hardest to write, but all of the MC’s thoughts are a struggle for me. I’m like: “Why the heck does that cute guy basically write himself while you require countless sleepless nights to tell the reader how sad you are!?!?!?”

5 Likes

Haha I get that! That and I have to keep going over my thoughts like “no one talks/thinks like that, Shannii!”

3 Likes

Same xD

3 Likes

Same :laughing: I just can’t seem to focus. And the planning :roll_eyes: I don’t have the patience to deal with that :laughing:

2 Likes

I tend to have a problem with Kito. There are scenes I really want to get to and write because I planned it out so far in advance. It’s the in-between scenes that I just don’t particularly want to write xD But I know they’re probably way more interesting for a reader! I just want to get to the next bit xD

6 Likes

One of my main problems is I have a very overactive imagination and part way through writing one plot I’ll be thinking of about 24 others :joy:

4 Likes

I can’t give my characters different personalities. They’re all basically the same. Even when I try my hardest I just can’t.

3 Likes

Personally, it’s writing scenes that I have never been through. Or really romantic scenes because I’m not much into the whole nickname calling and stuff like that. Like this one scene I’m having trouble is a fight between two main characters that I can’t seem to make it sound not weird and stupid.

3 Likes

The problem that I have is planning the story out. And also I can’t give my characters different personalities.

4 Likes

Welcome!

And sometimes I don’t even plan the story out when I write- I just have a plan in my mind of my story before I start to write it and I change a part if it isn’t good or something or if it doesn’t fit the plot.

3 Likes

Hey, yeah I have it too. But I get easily writer’s block because of it.

2 Likes

Same! I am starting to plan stuff when I’m not sure of it, but the story I’m writing currently I have had like months of just thinking about the plot so I know where it’s gonna go but I don’t know all the details so I’m gonna write it and fill in some of the details as I go.

2 Likes

Sharing my work >_>

Accepting critcism(theres a reason)

2 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

Adding realistic drama to keep people interested.

3 Likes