What do you want to see less in stories?

• Main characters that are either whiny, rude, bratty and have that “I’m not like the other girls” mentality
  • Bad boys
  • Romanticisation of mafia leaders
  • less anti-Christianity as not all Christians are holier than thou or homophobic
  • Less sex scenes
  • Revealing clothes
  • Toxic relationships
  • Romanticisation of serial killers, psychopaths, rapists, kidnappers etc.
  • Mean girls that are white with blue eyes and blonde hair
8 Likes

I still disagree with it. No teacher should ever be dating someone they’re teaching. The power dynamics in themselves are dangerous and unhealthy. Add into that favouritism and the student using sex to get better grades? It makes for a really, really unhealthy classroom for everyone.

Once the teacher is no longer teaching the student, though, it’s fair game if you’re in university. And that’s usually the policy for most unis. If you date a student, you have to make sure they don’t take any of your classes

11 Likes

I want to see less stories that copy the same formula as one another and also have very similar scenes. No story can be 100% original, but there is no originality whatsoever in a lot of the stories I’ve read

7 Likes

That I agree with what you said. I do not like the teacher/student relationship if your being taught by said teacher because yes it’s unfair to the other students. I meant that a professor could date a student as long as there is isn’t any classes that would interfere in the relationship. I hope that made since.

2 Likes

I agree it shouldn’t ever happen in real life, but I don’t like to read about real life. :smiley:

3 Likes

Personally, I like reading about relationships that, despite their problems, are relatively healthy :sweat_smile: I don’t mind certain teacher-student stories: Rose and Dimitri are student and mentor in Vampire Academy and I loved that! I just hate the feeling of suddenly realising I’m justifying a really bad relationship. It makes me feel bad

5 Likes

That makes sense.

3 Likes

I agree with most of these… one thing I cannot stand and would remove before all is…

Food. Fights.

“You stole my cupcake :angry::angry::rage:” - Main Character
“Did I? :smirk::relieved:” - Love Interest
“Give it back, you jerk! :roll_eyes::rage::woman_facepalming:t2:” - Main Character
“Come and take it :smirk: :kissing_heart:” - Love Interest
kicks the LI in the usual place - MC
The end.

I hate this.

12 Likes

I totally understand. I loved that relationship too but yeah it was really unhealthy.

2 Likes

Agreed, they are really stupid.

2 Likes

damn i just threw up in my mouth

2 Likes

Something that really burns my biscuits is when I chose a “No.” type answer, but the opposite happens.
MC is forced/tricked (other characters don’t respect MC) or MC gives in (mmmm hot doormat).
Don’t give me the “No.” option if you’re just gunna make them weak or have trash bag people in their life!
Do better with your choices! If you have a “No.”, make it interesting!
Use points to establish all relationships, not just love interests.
Make the LI admire MCs devotion to family, friends, school/work.
Spend time with family so parents actually have a personality or bond with siblings, spend time with friends that are okay with smores and Netflix, go home and study!

Who goes out on Mondays?! Song lyric relevant to real life…

7 Likes

You want her to show up at his house at three am and throw empty beer cans at their shadows?

That’s all I got out of that that post. :heart:

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah, like he has to know he broke the wrong heart baby.

2 Likes

That glorifies abuse too!

3 Likes

I’d like to see less endings where the MC and LI get married and have kids. That’s not everybody’s goals and people need to respect that!!

6 Likes

Lol, literally in every single kdrama.

1 Like

Every. Single. One.

Except for the Women’s Room, where not everyone was happy. Hee-soo died, her mom went to prison and Ji-sub just disappeared

2 Likes

What I want to see less in stories:

• Student-teacher relationships. This honestly disgusts me.
  • Glorifying abuse. This disgusts me too. And creeps me out.
  • When you make a choice but the outcome is the opposite, for example when I say “no” to something. What was the point of the choice then?
  • “You’re not like the other girls.” :roll_eyes:
  • The mean girl who only exists to ruin the MC’s life. I understand if something happened between the MC and the mean girl in the past which makes them hate each other (and I’m NOT talking about something like the mean girl and the MC being best friends in the past, but then MG started hanging out with the popular kids and became mean), but I’m pretty sure that no one on Earth would ever ruin someone’s life for no reason. That’s stupid and doesn’t even make any sense.
  • Makeover stories. I don’t like how the MC has to change her appearance in order for people to like her. (Unless it’s the story AW: Timeless.)
  • Romance stories where the MC, a random girl who witnessed a crime, falls for a gang/mafia leader. That’s not how IRL gangs work…
  • “The mean girl came up and kissed me, if you waited a second longer you would have seen me push her away” That excuse would never work in real life :joy:

I’ll add more when I think of them :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Another thing that I don’t want to see: poor grammar.
I don’t know what about you, but it’s something that I really can’t stand. I don’t expect anyone else to have such a perfect grammar (I am saying it mainly as someone whose English isn’t her native language), but some authors ignore it, which I think is one of the mistakes that some authors do. This is something that can definitely get on people’s nerves and kill all desire to read the story.

8 Likes