What do you want to see less in stories?

What do you want to see less in stories/.

• Cliches?
  • Overprotective Li?
  • What?
12 Likes
  • Whiny/Weak MC’s
  • Characters with no personality
8 Likes
  • (I don’t mind bad boys) whenever you’re offered the bad boy or the good boy the good boy has no personality so it would be nice to see less of that
6 Likes

What I don’t want to see it stories:

• Characters looking the same. (Like, people, don’t be lazy and diverse with your story characters.)

• Too much cliches.

• “Different” choices with the same outcome.

• TMI scenes, if you know what I mean.

• I want to see less profanity. People can at least keep it to a minimum.

• Romance between a bully/kidnapper and a good girl. In my eyes, it’s not romantic at all. Not to talk about the teacher-student affair thing, especially when it includes s**ual scenes and it’s completely illegal.

• Stereotypical characters

10 Likes
  • Less damsels in distress please! :sob:
  • Good boys who have literally nothing else about them. (As someone already said.)
8 Likes

“Strong” female characters/“not like other girls”/“sassy” aka b1tchy or whatever the fvck u wanna call it.
Its a terrible trope

Generic good/nice guys…there not the better LI cuz they are nice(9/10 there always bland)

Art scenes/overlays tht dont match my skin

S3xual scenes(in general)/between lovers(thts not the end all be all for a romantic relationship)

Criticize all u like but loose guys/girls tht are proud of being h03s(lets call it what it is and stop the whole “ur sl<t shaming”)
A girl/guy sleeping around with mulitple ppl is trashy worse in these stories when the MC has a partner.

Revealing clothing…(the option to dress modest and not have characters/author bad mouth)

Party scenes cuz we all know how thtll end

“Evil” christians

Romanticizing cheating/mental health(though my reasons differ)

9 Likes
  • “I’m not like the other girls”.
  • Stereotypical LGBTQ+!!
  • Stereotypes based on religion.
  • The MC always falling in love with someone. (Why not a happily single MC?)
11 Likes
  • Token/stereotypical POC characters
  • Introvert-shaming e.g. the other characters getting mad at you because you didn’t want to go to the party
  • Fake choices e.g. you pick A and it goes to B automatically
  • Student-teacher relationships.
  • Characters justifying being rude to you because they had “a tough background”
  • Lazily implemented CC
  • Clothing options without modest outfits
5 Likes
  • Cliches

• Overprotective LIs

• Weak females

• Extremely b*tchy MCs who think they are so badass

• Toxic romances

• Useless choices (the one choice to decide whether to go to the party or not but no matter the choice,
    you still go)

• Arrogant, abusive, rude so called bad boys

• Glorify of rape, abuse etc.

6 Likes
  • Rude MCs that are mean to people for no reason, and the reader is supposed to root for them because they (for example) told off the teacher who didn’t let them talk in class.

• Bland, boring, stock characters with no personality traits whatsoever.

• Sex scenes that go into detail about sexual acts… or even explicitly discussing specific sexual acts.

• LIs who can’t say one sentence without using the ‘F’ word. There are a couple of stories that I haven’t read but I’ve seen plenty of sceenshots of them from Instagram, and in almost every screenshot, it has the LI saying the ‘F’ word. Now, I don’t mind if it’s used sparingly, like when someone’s really angry or something, but why does it have to be every other word?

• Being forced to have a relationship with/kiss/give in to the LIs that you don’t like, in the case that there are multiple LIs.

• Abusive or toxic relationships being glorified

• Not having a choice to not drink in a party scene

8 Likes

I agree with everything you said. Although the teacher/student relationship is okay if the teacher is a college professor and college student. Since most college students are over 20 nowadays.

2 Likes
  • Romance
  • Abusive LIs being romanticized
  • Stereotypes
  • Little to no diversity
  • Cheating MCs/LIs
6 Likes

What I don’t like to see in stories:

• High school teacher/ student relationships

• Cheating of any sort

• Badly made Li’s

• Major directing errors that haven’t been fixed. I had a big error and no told me until @Kanubish checked out my story which I’m grateful for.

• Getting locked of the story because of cc or the author accidently published undone chapters. Watch what you plublish before you click the update button.

5 Likes

• Less cliche mean girls ~ Not all stories have to have a mean, white, blonde, blue-eyed, hot, mean girl! There can be stories where yeah, there’s a b*tch, but do they really have to be that stereotypical girl? Can’t it be a mean dude? Or change the mean girl’s appearance? Or not have a mean girl at all?

• Best friends who are struggling with their sexuality. Very overused and just exhausting in a story. Have best friends who are just bisexual, gay, straight, pans, lesbian, etc. Just make them that sexuality. Not a huge plot point in their character development.

Speaking of character development…

• Bad character development in the main character.
We already have the good girl gone bad thing—look, that’s really not likely to happen. It can happen, but it’s highly unlikely. Why not have there be a mean mc who slowly, over time, recognizes her mistakes and changes herself. And I want to see that progression. Not just have it in one episode like she’s a new person. It takes time to change. It needs to happen over a span of episodes.

• Female MCs. I want to see more male MCs. Hats about all I have to say about that.

5 Likes

Less unrealistic drama maybe?

5 Likes

Bland, stock main characters. YA novels have completely destroyed main characters in general. They’re always kinda Mary Sues? But they’re also not? Because they have very little effect on the plot, everyone needs to do everything for them but they don’t ever struggle or grow.

Annoying

7 Likes

But if there is a big difference (let’s say more than 7-10 years) between a teacher and (high school) student, it is already getting a little illegal

4 Likes

Totally ture, I do not appove of high school/teacher relationships at all.

4 Likes

Like, what’s so romantic about teacher-(high school) student romance story? And when it contains s**al actions :nauseated_face::nauseated_face:? It’s really disgusting, if you ask me.

It’s like those who wrote such a kind of story try to promote/glorify these kinds of relationship.

5 Likes

Exactly, I don’t know why they are trying to glorify that type of relationship. When caught most times the teacher is placed on the sex offenders list depending on the age of the student. It’s not something to glorify at all. It’s looked down upon everywhere.

5 Likes