What do you want to see less in stories?

• Whiny and annoying MC’s.
  • Multiple LIs. :roll_eyes:
  • Mafia and gangs.
  • Less “nerd” and “loner” MCs crushing on the bad boy who just so happens to be dating the mean girl.
  • When the MC has a boy-obssesed BFF who seems to want the LI more than the MC does.
9 Likes

Another thing: The “chosen” one who wil become a princess overnight because she’s the long lost royal blood.

2 Likes

Only revealing outfit choices.

4 Likes

And they are often the gem choices.

3 Likes

‘Flash-forward’ scenes at the beginning of first chapters. You know, the ones that start like, ‘So how did I get to this point? Let me take you back to the beginning’. Those are spoilers, and it kind of ruins the story for me.

7 Likes

Bump

2 Likes

In medias res? That’s actually a great strategy, unless it’s too far into the story.

1 Like

For me I think it depends on the type of story. If it’s in a romance and it shows the mcs kissing then goes back a few months I’m not going to be mad, because everyone and their dog knows when they click on an episode romance there’s a 99% chance the mc is ending up with the love interest on the cover. Unless there’s 2 love interests of course. :smirk:

4 Likes

Bump

1 Like

•cliche
•all Heterosexual couples
•a MC who is literally the nicest person in the world.

4 Likes

working on 2 out 3

I love MC’s are not all sunshine a rainbows like twilight sparkle

2 Likes

In her defence she wasn’t the worse mc to ever exist

1 Like

just the only one I would think of other than pepper pig

1 Like

Well, exactly what this new featured story is I would love to see less :grimacing:

1 Like

I read the community story of that!!!

Not sure if I commented on this before or not, but here are a few things I would like to see less :green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

• badly written “diverse” characters, which were only added so that the author could say that their story has diversity… :eyes::sparkles:
  • Characters that only exist to cause drama without any reason… :eyes::sparkles:
  • Only having the option to pick one of the ~insert number here~ LIs… Why can’t the MC stay single at the end?
  • 2nd LIs that are only there to make the main LI more appealing and to create some kind of love triangle… If you want to give the reader a choice, don’t favouritise one of your LIs :woman_facepalming:
  • Too much foreshadowing… There are many well-written stories which I never finished, because the ending was obvious after the first two chapters…
  • On Episode: The author talking to their characters through narration bubbles or even worse by creating themselves in their story… It just makes me feel secondhand embarrassed for them…
  • An episode character wearing the same outfit for 20 episodes (especially when they’re supposed to be rich), you can’t tell me that they wear the same outfit for such a long time…
  • Unfunny jokes… If you know that you aren’t funny, please don’t torture me with your bad humour…

Wow, I sound like a really picky reader now :no_mouth::eyes::sparkles:

4 Likes

That’s a very reasonable argument.

Removes all jokes from my bad writing

1 Like

Bump

1 Like

I hate to be this person, but as someone who read 60+ stories for a contest recently and a lot of them did this…It’s not cute. It’s not funny. It’s annoying. I’m sorry, but I don’t want to watch you “argue” with the MC over nothing. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I know in some cases this isn’t “technically illegal” but this is one of those tropes I wish Episode would make against the rules. I can handle just about anything else (other than incest :nauseated_face::face_vomiting:) but this one just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

4 Likes

Anyone anything to add to this original question? My main thing what I wanna see less is characters without personally at all.