What Episode character features do you feel like are used wrongly?

Whether they are clothes, facial features, hairstyles, or accessories–personally, I cannot get over the fact that too many stories with a black female LL character have a small nose. Yes, I know that there can be a black person irl with a small nose, but how often will you actually see that? I am so tired of so many freaking stories with black female LL characters with noses like these:
Screenshot_20201218-140723(1)

Screenshot_20201218-140723(2)

Screenshot_20201218-140723(3)

Screenshot_20201218-140723(4)

Screenshot_20201218-140723(5)

Instead of these:

This one:
Screenshot_20201218-140932(1)

Or heck, even these two (they’re wide enough to be considered a nose meant for a black female LL character)!
Screenshot_20201218-140932(2)

I swear on my life, if I see another story with a black female LL character with a white person nose, I’m reporting this racial issue to Episode. Unless your black female LL character is mixed or another POC with a small nose (and it’s actually common), please stay away from me, and don’t promote your story to me. :person_gesturing_no:t4: Any author who has this racial issue-- their story is getting removed from the app on my phone because I can’t take it. Call me biased, Idc, I HATE THIS ISSUE.

Anyway, state a character feature you think is used wrongly on Episode? :person_tipping_hand:t4: Ink or LL, and why?

@Episodians

1 Like

This whole thing confuses me…what is considered a wHiTe pErSoN nOsE

1 Like

In my opinion, I say that their nose is smaller than a black person’s nose–also, it sticks out more than others. Kind of like mine. I have a big nose, but it doesn’t stick out forward like others. Sorry, I wasn’t specific.

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you mean…

1 Like

I have small nose and I’m black :grinning::wave:t5:
but yeah I get where you’re coming from

3 Likes

ikr? The nose you showered at the top for the nose you hate seeing on black people in episode… my mother has one of those types of nose and she black… in fact I have seen a lot of black people who have were naturally born with that nose.

And the characters could have also have plastic surgery so like-

3 Likes

Same :star_struck:

2 Likes

Same same

2 Likes

True, but if it’s not stated in the story somewhere or there’s no hints at plastic surgery, I won’t believe it

1 Like

As a black person I would never use the round flared downturned broad on my character… it gives me the creeps. The other noses are finer but the round flared downturned broad looks weird and when I tried it on a character once it looked very wrong.

3 Likes

I feel like the full round pouty is used wrongly…

1 Like

I see what you mean. Most of the time, I give my black LL female characters the round downturned nose because it looks pretty to me (and it looks the most similar to my nose).

1 Like

All the freaking time. Default MCs in most stories have it, best friends have it, and even background characters have it! And the worst part? They’re mostly not POC! Like I said in a previous post, how many non-POC (like white people, for example) will you see irl with big lips if they weren’t genetics, botox, or very common? That’s right, NO ONE.

1 Like

I rarely see authors use it on black background characters but I will see them using in it on white characters :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

I’ve also seen a few posts on Instagram where authors would put cultural clothing on both INK and LL characters that weren’t from that country. For example, putting a sari on someone that wasn’t from Brazil (I think?) because it was cute :expressionless:

I accidentally did this once, bit I fixed it.

1 Like

I’m asking this because of curiosity and the fact I’m mixed myself, but does this statement apply to characters that are half black and half white?

@Dramatic15

2 Likes

No, this doesn’t apply to any mixed person (I thought I put that in my first post but I didn’t, oop :face_with_hand_over_mouth:) because it is possible to have a small nose with the help of genetics. Sorry, I hope I wasn’t too rude. I’m a black person too.

2 Likes

A lot actually. I see it happen a lot.

2 Likes

It’s fine, I was just confused.

2 Likes