What Episode character features do you feel like are used wrongly?

Not all black people have full lips. They can have thin lips too. Take Rihanna or Michael Jackson as an example :+1:

4 Likes

In replacement of the flat round and full round pouty lips, many authors use the full heart round lips for the black female LL characters.

1 Like

I also feel that the authors should not use afro-hairstyles on white characters (unless it is mentioned that the characters got them using external methods like hairstyling, wearing wigs etc).

It just feels so… unnatural to imagine natural afros on white people (though there maybe exceptions also) :eyes:

4 Likes

I feel offended whenever I see a black hairstyle on a white person. Not only are (some of them) they racist, but then they have the audacity to wear that hairstyle while saying “it’s no big deal”. Girl, if you say that one more time, I will–

2 Likes

those “white person noses” aren’t exclusive to white people. all races can have them :blush:

3 Likes

I have seen white people IRL with big lips tho…
I mean this might be a controversial opinion but when it comes to animated characters like that, tbh some of the features are kinda up to interpretation. Like, no two people have the EXACT same nose! Yet in episode they do. The bodies on epi characters are pretty unrealistic for most people. Children don’t have prominent boobs like that…
I guess I don’t see it as a racial issue so much as an author just preferring a certain feature because they don’t like the other ones.
Like I get how some of this is unrealistic but it’s episode… I think unless you’re using a hijab or something on someone who isn’t Muslim then you can’t exactly expect realism on animated characters when the characters themselves aren’t super realistic in the first place.

3 Likes

Some of them get plastic surgery… though white people can be born with natural big lips- it’s kinda rare.

And I guess that is seen as a problem when a white character has “big lips” because back then black females were made fun of because of their lips. And then when the Kardashians got lip surgery to gain big lips… the white thought it was cool and started trying to gain big lips.

The problem is that black women were made fun of for a long time because of their lips and then when a white person has big lips they are praised and glorified.

3 Likes

That makes more sense. I get that. I think it’s become kinda desensitized in Episode. Like a lot of people don’t give their characters much thought and put on random features they like. I don’t think that we should be villanizing authors that do this. If I am doing this tho I’ll limit it to make it more realistic. I don’t normally give white characters big lips like that.
Like I totally understand and get it but idk I think it’s a bit too far to like report the stories or something because even tho it is about race that’s probably not the author’s intent.

2 Likes

Yeah I will never report a story for that because some are really ignorant just educated them…

Though I cross the line when a black person’s hair is used on a white person. like the braids and afro on epi

I mean I do be doing that sometimes.

2 Likes

Yeah I get that

1 Like

if i see a fully white character with monolids i’ll probably be annoyed :gun:

2 Likes

all the time, I SEE IT IN MAFIA STORIES, the mc is always having this lip!

2 Likes

S A M E

4 Likes

I get so irritated when I see a fully white character have monolids — it just doesn’t feel right. Like are you using monolids on your white character cuz it looks pretty? Cuz Asians who have monolids get mocked for our eyes it’s not an aesthetic

4 Likes

Same though

A lot of other races are mocked because of how they look but when a white person thinks is pretty it immediately because trendy and everyone wants to have it :clown_face:

The racism is real.

4 Likes

i swear, it’s like when asians have monolids, we get called “ch!nks,” but as soon as a white person tries doing it, it’s “beautiful” :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Exactly. I’ve had people pull back their eyes and call me Chinese, people asked how much I can see through my eyes, asked if I can see well or if I can drive all because of my eyes. Makes me so mad when it’s on a white character cuz it looks pretty

5 Likes

they also think we’re tired :star_struck:

1 Like

But nobody thinks it’s racism cuz it’s a joke to them :star_struck:

1 Like