What food did you survive on in college?

In college, out of college, not in college… What was, or would be things you would eat that are affordable?
I know a lot of people say ramen noodles :joy::woman_shrugging:

I have no idea what I would eat

5 Likes

Im not in college but during my freshman year of highschool, my parents had this expirement thing they did where they would not buy me any food using their money for the whole year so I had to use my own money from a part-time job to get food.

I ended up basically eating subway sandwhiches, soda, and chips all year – not my healthiest year but I did end up working out more during that year so maybe a tad bit healthy.

5 Likes

Damn that’s not the worst thing to eat!

2 Likes

No not the worst. Just a bit unhealthy.

2 Likes

hot dog lol

3 Likes

Back when I was in college? I lived with my parents, so I’d use the ingredients they bought in to make home-cooked meals for a family of five xD

Was fun.

Although, I did have a couple funny habits. I would walk into class eating a whole cucumber occasionally. My favourite food ever. Or I wold use the coffee machines to make myself a latte with the tiny amount of barista training I had at the time. (I would later go on to actually get proper barista training, way too late to be of any use to anyone).

But ah, yeah. Home-cooed meals and recipe books were my thing >.< That and, yeah, instant noodles. (I can also make proper ramen, but that’s one of said home-cooked meals. It’s very good)

6 Likes

I’m going on a college trip in a couple of days too

1 Like

Frozen meals, microwaveable food mostly. Soda. Use to be ramen but I haven’t eaten it in awhile. Sadly lunchables just for small meals on occaision when I’m to busy. Chips and salsa. Regular chips. Homemade meals.

2 Likes

Probably snacks. If I could cook, homemade meals like fried rice, rice and jollof (African food.) Fast food too I guess, along with lots of ramen noodles.

3 Likes

Where did calling instant noodles ‘ramen’ come from? That’s so weird >.>

2 Likes

go to the grocerie store and buy actuaylly food you can cook. a pack of potatos and chopped steak. is almost enough for a week for one person. and not hard to make

2 Likes

Pastry and cigarettes :joy:

5 Likes

Patriot

4 Likes

More like cannibal xD

4 Likes

Fricking chicken nuggets :skull: and noodles I guess. This is for high school, I’m not college student (yet)

3 Likes

kebabs and coffee

3 Likes

Not in college yet, but I practically survive on carbs.
I’m surprised that I’m actually alive: I eat fruits sparsely and barely eat lettuce leaves every now and then.

2 Likes

You’ve never seen the ramen noodle shirts :laughing:

Summary

2 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face: Yasss :heart_eyes:

Mmm I will live on those :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I forgot this one but another thing I survived on during freshman year was saltines, and paninis from this bakery near my house. And tomatoes, I have a tomato addiction. Tomato and soda actually taste good together, just saying.

2 Likes