What Genre Do You Read The Most?

We all have our favourite genres. Mine is Fantasy! What genre do you read the most of?

• Sci-fi
  • Fantasy
  • Romance
  • Young Adult
  • Comedy
  • Non-fiction
  • Action
  • Adventure
  • Historical
  • Childrenā€™s
  • Dystopian
  • Detective
  • Crime
  • Gothic
  • Horror
  • Thriller

0 voters

5 Likes

God I love a good horror novel. Iā€™m a massive Lovecraft fan racism notwithstanding ofc

And who doesnā€™t love a bit of fantasy? :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Racism nonwithstanding, of course.

Because letā€™s not lie: Fantasy has been pretty racist until recently.

And I donā€™t mean itā€™s not inclusive. I mean they literally often portrayed POCs as savage and evil

4 Likes

Literature in general. Heart of Darkness is someoneā€™s un-ironic favourite book and that worries me

3 Likes

And as much as I prefer Tolkien to Martin, Game of Thrones is much better in the way it represents race than the whole if Tolkienā€™s work.

But Tolkien is a man of his time, so I donā€™t hate him for it (even though itā€™s kinda bad that the tribes of black men are all evil)

3 Likes

But I donā€™t even just mean Tolkien. Rowling, too! We all know I love Harry Potter, but she can get so annoying. It was fine when you didnā€™t have every single race, ethnicity, sexuality and religion in your stories. If you wanted to be ā€œwokeā€, you could have just said ā€œI wasnā€™t really thinking about representation back then. Not many white authors were. But in the future, Iā€™ll be more aware of itā€. Otherwise you could have just shut up.

But she has to go on an on about how actually Hermione was black. Woman, you had so much control over the casting of the characters. If you wanted them to cast a black person, you could have. Just like with Dean Thomas.

The Dumbledore thing makes sense because what kid knows their headmasterā€™s sexuality? I mean, Harry didnā€™t even know he had a brother or sister!

The fact that Cho Changā€™s name is just two surnames put together is hilarious to me. It shows how little thought she put into naming her compared to some of the other characters xD

The only one that bothers me is Lavender Brown getting recast as white as soon as she gets a speaking role

6 Likes

This. This is why no one ever gets you started on Harry Potter :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

:pleading_face: someday Iā€™ll find someone who cares as much as I do

5 Likes

Smooch

3 Likes

I cared once. And then The Grimes of Crindelwald happened.

4 Likes

The film that should not be named

4 Likes

Letā€™s get back to genres :joy:

4 Likes

Yeah it might be a good idea to vote!

5 Likes

Iā€™m surprised you put Dystopian on here! Itā€™s easy to forget about as a genre :open_mouth:

6 Likes

The Handmaidā€™s Tale is popular ATM

4 Likes

I like the concept of Harry Potter but I tried watching the movies and reading it and I canā€™t help but get bored. I feel it could have been portrayed in a more better and interesting way.

3 Likes

I disagree. Itā€™s exciting and wonderful to me! From halfway through chapter 1 of the first book all the way to the end :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Of course. :skull:

3 Likes

I am an absolute sucker for mystery/detective novels. When I was little, I read the entire ā€˜Murder Most Ladylikeā€™ series in a week, one book per day :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Iā€™d say I mostly read drama, comedy, horror and fantasy. My favourite would probably be drama

5 Likes