What- How Is This-

Ok, so um…
I googled this and…

Just-
how-

5 Likes

They must have forgotten about Dionysus.
Or Demeter-
I mean come on
Hes the god of war

3 Likes

I know right!
Like-

2 Likes

well this sure is… a modern take on things
but i can see how it would happen

before i start explaining how that is possible, i need to highlight the fact that war was a VERY important thing for ancient greeks, and because of that, Ares was as important to them, what i’m about to say is completely disregarding Ancient Greek perspectives, making this into an anachronistic explanation

now, as the answer says, what a person considers “powerful” varies
so i’m taking “power” as “impact on humanity”, instead of raw strength or capabilities to do things

Ares was the god of war, yes, but he was not the only one involved in wars
Athena, for example, is sometimes also regarded as the goddess of battle strategy
and in the Greek mythos, wars have existed since before Ares came to be (see: the Titanomachy (lit. battle / war of the titans))
so these two things already diminish the power he has

now, in terms of impact on humans
wars do impact humans quite a lot, of course
but if we removed Ares from the picture, removed wars… humanity would keep going, would thrive
(note: i’m not saying wars can’t help, we have multiple countries’ wars for independence, which have been really important and helped us be “free” (to a degree), but there could be other ways? if war didn’t exist? this is just wishful thinking idk)

now, for other gods like Dionysus or Demeter
i’m most definitely biased, since i’m attached to Dyonisus, but he is one of the gods with most impact on humanity
enjoyment? party? hedonism? these are things he stood for, and there’s a reason in the myths he had a huge following (and quite scary at that too)
Dyonisus is in art (see: Apollonian and Dionysian), he’s in people gathering together to celebrate, he’s in the irreverent things
in a way, Dyonisus is one of the gods that affects us the most
so, going by the earlier definition of power, one of the most powerful

now, Demeter
well to put it simply, without Demeter and her crops, it’s be winter all the time and humans could have possibly starved to death
so…
yeah

3 Likes

What about Hera?

1 Like

What you said is true, but I was talking about this-

uh Hera is the Queen of Empires, marriage, childbirth and the heavens so uh :+1: maybe not the weakest deity

4 Likes

Ohh right…

there is no weakest deity idek wtf this is :sob:

3 Likes

IDK OK
i just felt like googling random stuff-

1 Like

your googling is triggering meeee :weary:

1 Like

nah i just want to know how this person’s life went after calling Ares the weakest deity de@dass :woozy_face:

i feel like, you can’t even compare who’s the weakest. like yah Ares might not have read war strategy but i think he could demolish entire countries if he rlly felt like it yk

4 Likes

lmao same-
it doesn’t make sense

1 Like

also one of the scariest ones ksdjbvhdfbvk

huh when it comes to this… well i’m not sure (and also oof it’s a scary thought to put them all against one another lmao)

2 Likes

sklsjksl :sob: :raised_hand: i mean try being cheated on by your s/o for centuries and see how scary you get :rofl:

2 Likes

Lmao, she rad tho sm

2 Likes

I also found this…

2 Likes

fr fr one of my favorites tbh

2 Likes

she’s amazing but also
she scares me so much kdsbvhjdfbvdf

2 Likes

NOOO PLEASE THERE’S A DEITY FOR EVERYTHING OMG

1 Like