What is currently happening in Yemen?

“The world is now too small for anything but brotherhood.” - Arthur Powell Davies

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” - Jimi Hendrix

“Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” - Desmond Tutu (Nobel Peace Prize 1984)

(I want you guys to be aware of what is happening right now and shed light on the whole situation. I will attach a few petitions you can sign or even donate in order to help fight the current famine in Yemen)

The ongoing conflict in Yemen has resulted in the largest humanitarian crisis in the world; parties to the conflict have killed and injured thousands of Yemeni civilians. According to the Yemen Data Project, more than 17,000 people were killed and injured since 2015, and a quarter of all civilians killed in air raids were women and children. More than 20 million people in Yemen are experiencing a lack of food sources. And about 10 million of them are at risk of severe famine.

In August 2019, clashes occurred between the Yemeni government and STC forces, with the UAE carrying out airstrikes in support of the STC. Across the country, civilians suffer from a lack of basic services, a spiralling economic crisis, abusive local security forces, and broken governance, health, education, and judicial systems.

Yemen’s economy, already unstable prior to the conflict, has been massively affected. Hundreds of thousands of families no longer have a steady source of income, and many public servants have not received a regular salary in years. The nation’s broken economy has worsened the humanitarian crisis.
Since September 2014, all parties to the conflict have used child soldiers under 18, including some under the age of 15…

The Saudi-led coalition’s restrictions on imports have worsened the dire humanitarian situation. The coalition has delayed and diverted fuel tankers closed critical ports, and stopped goods from entering Houthi-controlled seaports. Fuel needed to power generators to hospitals and pump water to homes has also been blocked. Since May 2017, journalists and international human rights organizations, including Human Rights Watch, have been facing restrictions by the Saudi-led coalition in using UN flights to areas of Yemen under Houthi control. The coalition has kept Sanaa International Airport closed since August 2016.

So what’s the problem now with COVID-19?

The United Nations has warned that three-quarters of the aid programmes backed by its agencies in war-ravaged Yemen will have to shutter in weeks without more funding, even as both COVID-19 and cholera continue to spread in the country facing the world’s worst humanitarian crisis.

The lack of COVID-19 testing is aggravating the humanitarian situation unfolding in Yemen, where young boys and girls are the most at risk.

“The children in Yemen are worse off than all children in the world - and for us, this is an emergency.”

Source

Human Rights Watch

Aljazeera

As I mentioned above, I will be attaching Petition and Donating Links. However, you can help is great.

Petition

End War and famine in Yemen
Change.org

Stop Weapon Transfer
Amnesty International

Donations

Monarelie

Unicef

Save The Children

WFP

Pennyappeal

@taiiybaali on Instagram has a linktree with vast sources and information not only for the situation in Yemen but also for cases like Shukri Abdi and others.

taiyba

(And more…)

Give me some time, I will be adding more as soon as I find new ones.

FREE WAYS FOR YOU TO HELP FEED CHILDREN IN YEMEN AND AROUND THE WORLD

If you would like to help feed children and end world hunger…

freerice.com is an app you can install and every question you answer correctly it will give around 10grains of rice for a family in need!

@Melaniey: So far I have 700 grains! This app is very addictive… and can help you keep your knowledge in top shape!

Yemen Crisis Carrd

Images and Statistics

yemen-infographic-april2017x630px

YEMEN-CRISIS-CORONAVIRUS-2515138

“Every 10 minutes a child is dying due to malnutrition in Yemen.”

~ Thank you for reading. :yellow_heart:

22 Likes

:sob:

The world really is a messed up place.

4 Likes

I know. I almost cried when I saw the pictures…

3 Likes

I’m heartbroken right now

4 Likes

I’ve been reading a little bit about what’s been happening. It’s so sad. Apparently, they’re becoming extinct. I don’t know how true that is, but the fact that this is going on is extremely messed up.

4 Likes

That’s very likely considering the circumstances they are in.

3 Likes

Sad, omg…

2 Likes

“Every 10 minutes a child is dying due to malnutrition in Yemen.”

New Link
https://pennyappeal.org/appeal/yemen-crisis

1 Like

What is happening in 2020?!

1 Like

I know…
This has been happening for years but it has reached its absolute peak.

1 Like

Wow! I didn’t know about that! It’s amazing how we can be so ignorant to such huge events based on what our news stations choose to portray!

3 Likes

Yep

1 Like

Bro, that is heartbreaking, holy sh*t.

2 Likes

True, while they are talking about everything Trump tweets, thousands of people, mostly children are dying.

3 Likes

:pensive:

2 Likes

bump :yellow_heart:

1 Like

:yellow_heart: “So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth.” – Baha’U’Llah :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

adding onto this thread~

If you would like to help feed children and end world hunger…

freerice.com is an app you can install and every question you answer correctly it will give around 10grains of rice for a family in need!

So far I have 700 grains! This app is very addictive… and can help you keep your knowledge in top shape!

Resources :

Donate Here:

https://www.wfp.org/countries/yemen

Remember to educate yourself and help out Yemen in any way you can! As a community we can end world hunger and save Yemen!

3 Likes

I’m going to add this to the Original Post! :dancer:t4:

1 Like