What is your favourite Holiday, and why?

Year-end holiday, longest holiday throughout the year.

My favorite is Halloween, I love to do preparation of Halloween, to get ideas from internet, select theme and decorate the house, I love to do all these things, In fact I already started my shopping from Halloween Coupons at Reecoupons because there are many things to buy so I always started my Halloween shopping 2 to 3 weeks before.

2 Likes

That sounds like dedication! Itā€™s amazing!

When I was growing up, there was this old man who used to have teddy bears all over the place in his house. Loads of them would peek out of his window so we could see part of his collection and theyā€™d change up every few weeks or so. He had them as decoration. He had a Christmas collection and a Halloween collection and everything!

We used to think he was a p3do because we thought he was trying to lure us into his house with toys. Then one year on Halloween, I got dared to go to his house during trick or treating and he was the kindest guy ever! It turns out he had a little grandson who heā€™d let decorate his house :joy:

From then on, Iā€™d pop by his road every Halloween to see the stuffed animal collection and say hi.

I havenā€™t seen the decorations in a few years, though :frowning:

3 Likes

I like staying up all night on New Yearā€™s Day.

That such a cute story!

Haha, I was looking for a thanksgiving thread and found this.

I actually love thanksgiving since itā€™s the one holiday that my friends of all religions celebrate. I wish there were more (and less genocide-remindery) secular holidays, imo. Now that I live in a more religiously homogeneous country, I realized that itā€™s pretty rare.

But yeah, what the colonizers did definitely sucked.

But also:

So to be on-topic, my personal fave is probably thanksgiving because it means family and chosen family together with great food. My least is St. Patrickā€™s day because my grandma died on that day more than 16 years ago and I canā€™t stand to celebrate it even though she loved it herself. I also hate many other holidays (Christmas for the consumerism and being the ā€œdefaultā€ holiday, Easter for no reason in particular, Valentineā€™s Day again for consumerism). I also hate my birthday, not because Iā€™m getting old but because of the pressure and expectations to have like, the best time ever, same reason I hate New Yearā€™s Eve. I try not to express this disdain in real life though.

2 Likes

Added discussion tag! :sunglasses:

Bump
@C h a o t i c D e l u g e

Free Fridge Day. I can finally get rid of the fridges in the basement, along with a few bones and microwaves. :innocent:

Eid.
A day off from everything, eVeRyOnE except you guys! :relieved:

My favorite is Christmas. I just love the whole season and everything about it.

Least favoriteā€¦ it used to be Valentineā€™s Day because in 2015, I got fired from a job I loved on that day. :sob: But I have good memories from the past few years because we usually do fun things at work on Valentineā€™s Day.
I liked Halloween as a kid because of the candy and getting to wear a cool costumeā€¦ as an adult, I donā€™t like it as much because of the history and stuff.

My favorite: Eid.
Why: cuz.

BumpLiday

Eid and Ramadan are the only ones I celebrate. There are two eids. Eid el Fitr, after Ramadan, and Eid El Adha.

Bump bump bump!

I love Halloween! =D
TV channels be throwing in a horror movie every day starting from Octoberā€¦
(That means 31 movies! :scream:)
And I plan to watch them all

Oh yeah, and sweets! Donā€™t forget the sweets!

BUMP

My favorite holiday is Christmas because I donā€™t have to go to school for two weeks, what about yā€™all? :thinking::rose::two_hearts:

My favorite is Independence Day due 3 day before it, it one of my friends birthday is in July.

1 Like

I love love love Christmas! Mostly because this is like one of the only times during the year when my entire family gets together!