What it's like to be a staff member

I feel like I can speak my mind much clearly then before I become a lead. I feel like I can get my ideas done which is something I had problems with before with completing ideas I had. I’m still getting in the rhythm of how a lead is suppose to be which is why I haven’t taken on as many tasks then most leads. I’ve had to make changes to my work habits so that I could get everything done. Though sometimes you have to lose one thing to be able to handle what matters the most.

4 Likes

You became a lead, which type? A lead in a murder case or crime, or a lead/leash for a dog?

2 Likes

Lol if you count the games I play then a lead in a murder case! :rofl:

2 Likes

BAHAHAHAHAHA! Nicely played!

2 Likes

3 Likes

Since we got some new staff recently, I think we should revive this a bit :smiley_cat::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

So what was your first impression of the staff team @ForumStaff? :eyes::sparkles:

8 Likes

It’s a great experience; I’ve gotten to know people much better since I became a staff member and I’m much more involved.
You have to be organized, check the spreadsheet daily to make sure you aren’t missing any tasks you signed up for, and sometimes you have to think outside of the box.

2 Likes

It’s made me get better on getting tasks done. Sticking with a routine that I have made for my work as a leader has made it easier. I still have to juggle my job where I work and my job as a leader on here so sometimes I can be late on stuff but I still get it done. I’m glad to get this experience since it can help in the long run. Plus I’m getting use to using spreadsheets which I had no idea how to use before.

1 Like

So many wonderful people!! :pleading_face:
I’m always organised and really responsible so nothing really changed in my life. I’m just really grateful!

I love being on the staff, although there’s a lot of extra stuff that it involves. :two_hearts:

I’ve never been good with organization, but perhaps it might help me there after some time…

I think that the team is great! I don’t really know most of the people on it, but everyone seems so put together and organized… Everyone’s been super sweet and helpful so far!

1 Like

le gasp- how have I not commented on this

:sparkles: I’m Michelle welcome to my ted talk :sparkles:
When I first joined SW it was after EF yeeted all the rpers away, and back at the time I thought it was the stupidest decision they’ve ever made but as time passes I realize how happy I am they actually did that because I got me to find this amazing place called the Shanniiwrites Forum.

Ever since I came here I honestly fell in love with the forums as forums and with the people in it, this place has become my second (even first if I’m picking favorites) home and family,

At the time, even though I was anxious af about it and didn’t actually believe I was good enough and could actually do it, but becoming a staff member was what I set in my mind as my goal to help out the forums but it wasn’t an option back then (so I just became a patron dabs)

But (back on topic, got a bit carried away forgive me wipes tear) I’ll honestly say that becoming a staff member was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made in my entire life.

Working with the amazing people on the staff team is just the best thing ever, there are such amazing people on it some (many) of them even turned out to be the most important people in my life which I love and appreciate more than anything.

I’ve become more mature, more responsible, more observant, I became better at approaching and talking to people (both personally and professionally), and I surprisingly even got more crelative than I was before.

Being on the staff team has been really good for me and I’m enjoying it a lot (not sure how good at it I am but not my point), it’s very satisfying to be able to actually do things to help and give to a place that’s such an important part in my life.
And I’m honestly just really glad and thankful for being given that opportunity.
vote Shani for president

8 Likes

We’ve got more staff members who haven’t posted yet, c’mon we’re curious to hear from your perspective :grin:

4 Likes

Am I allowed to tag @ForumStaff so they can answer

If not sorry for the tag :pleading_face:

6 Likes

Rad

3 Likes

I cant wait to hear the new staff member’s responses aaaaaa

4 Likes

it’s been like 10 minutes but it’s been great so far

3 Likes

It seems surreal and I’m so excited :sob::sob:

3 Likes