Which popular book can you just not get into?

Is there a book or book series that’s insanely popular with your peers that you just don’t get the hype about, or tried reading but can’t connect with the characters?

@Bookworms

2 Likes

People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins
Idk, I just didn’t vibe with it. I think all the gun talk also made me a little uncomfortable idk why. I only got maybe a quarter of the book read before I felt like it was getting a little bit to deep for me

Also, The Walls Around Us by Nova Ren Suma
It’s definitely not a bad book, but it moves along rather slowly, especially in first half of the book. Some parts can be a little muggy, especially if you were skimming. As much as I don’t want to admit it, I was rather bored reading most of it, and I still have like four or five chapters left. I honestly kinda forgot about the book (I remember the main plot, and some small plot twists) but idk why I didn’t like it very much :sweat_smile:

The Lovely Bones. Wanna read it but can’t bring myself to read it.

I have the Witcher in my drawer but I just can’t start reading it.

Ramayana and Mahabharata

Jane Austen

1 Like

omg there is so many

PERCY JACKSON, i feel so bad but i just cant

1 Like

Aw why not? :pleading_face:

I’m not sureee. There was just like so many big words of random creatures and I was like…huh? But also could be because I’m midway through so many books

I ALSO WASNT A FAN OF THE PACING

1 Like

It- it wasn’t hard for me 'cause I’ve heard those names of monsters before…
But, yeah, I understand a bit.
I had a hard time understanding the Roman terms and stuff (in the HoO books), 'cause I was so used to the Greek terms.

WAS IT TOO SLOW?

IT WAS LIKE SLOW AND THEN SOMETHING HAPPENED QUICKLY AND I WAS NOT PREPARED

it also doesn’t help how everyone talks so much abt how amazing it was so.i was expecting a LOT

1 Like

The books I’ve been reading recently have all been like SO GOOD as well, I’ve been having a lucky run and Percy Jackson just wasn’t my thing-

1 Like

OH THAT OK THO

I forgot to mention Cassandra Clare’s books
Like, they’re really good, but I got bored after a few days…
Will Herondale is Daddeh tho

oh god theyre so bORING

1 Like

i bought all of them…regret that purchase

1 Like

try reading those lol

Harry Potter :sweat_smile:

@Bookworms Which popular book can you not get into?

3 Likes

Same lol

2 Likes

Same :eyes:

2 Likes