Will the coronavirus impact the next school year?

I’ve been talking to a couple people about what their school year will look like next year and I’ve got a couple different things. From the news, I’m not sure if I will be returning to school or not since my leader has decided to not announce anything like school until the end of August (school starts in September) just because they want to see where the virus is at during that time, since its a little early to predict now. Most likely if we do go back, there will be things we have to do to keep each other safe.

I have a friend in university and if the class has over 50 people that would be in person, the classes are going to be online instead. Most likely, they won’t be returning to school next year and if they do it’ll be through lots of precautions.

Another friend of mine said they will be going back to school, but there will be precautions such as: washing your hands after every class. And one part where they live will only be going back to school for 2 days a week.

Some questions:

Will you be going back to school?
Has the news announced anything about your schooling?
Will there be precautions when you go back to school?
Do you want to go back to school, or would you prefer online classes?

7 Likes

Yes, I mean hopefully if they’re letting kids go back to school.

NOPE. And it makes me angrier every day they don’t because I need to know this stuff.

Most likely, even though I think COVID-19 will be mostly gone by then. We’ll probably have an antidote for it.

I need to go back to school because I literally can’t get my work done.

5 Likes

Maybe?

Neither the news nor the school has announced the status happening next year.

Almost certainly, if we’re allowed to.

I don’t really know, but I want to know which…

3 Likes

I doubt it. Not until the next school year anyways. But some primary school kids have gone back.

Yes but I don’t think it’s enough. Like I want to know when I’m going back. Not the exact day but like a heads up would be nice.

Yeah. We’ll have to wash our hands all the time and keep our desks 2m apart and all that jazz. To me it’s quite strange because I don’t really feel as though I’m in a global pandemic.

In our school, certain year groups left school first then the rest like two days later when it was compulsory. It was fun for the first 2 days then I was bored. I still am. We’re allowed to see our friends but I haven’t so far. All in all, I took school for granted so much. Sure you have rough days but I miss everything. The climate, my friends, having a good time learning. I want to go back asap.

3 Likes

They told us that school next year will be half online, and half in person.

1 Like

It will probably start again next year, we don’t have the official confirmation yet but it is likely my university will start again in September on campus… Not everyone will be allowed on the same time tho and it probably will be built up slowly with many precautions. Honestly I rather wait a few more months and have more safety and less precautions but I also get why they want to reopen. I actually don’t mind the online classes anymore, I think I would genuinely have to get used to being in class again

1 Like

aww yeahh, i really miss school

Darn I hate when that happens. I wish the news/school was more open with what the plans are for the future

Aw jeez, thats good but also sort of frustrating in a way…

Same

Ahh this is me, I need to get my school done though :sob:

Me too, I actually really miss school

2 Likes

Hey I mean its better than nothing!

Yes, I think I will in the fall

Hm… something about going back in september

I think so

I would like to do a mix

Oh, I should really look this up lol

2 Likes

:joy: Thank you for all the info girlie lmaoo

The only class I wouldn’t mind doing online is my religion class, just because the assignments are easy and the notes are pretty straight forward

1 Like

Hahhaha I really don’t know but just wanted to reply lol

Ohhh okay :wink:

1 Like

Things are back to normal here so nothing will change! I will miss having online classes because I could manage my time better and not waste my entire day.

2 Likes

My school just doesn’t want to commit to anything that they might have to take back, which I guess makes sense… but it’s really annoying.

1 Like

What! Howww, I’m so unmotivated to do online classes. But I’ve been stressing the past couple days

Aw that makes sense

2 Likes

That I’m not sure since we don’t have the vaccine yet.

Well no not really since we don’t know what’s going to happen in September

Most likely

If I’m going to be honest, going back to school is better because it’s less stressful than doing it online. Plus I want to see my friends!

1 Like

Aww, I do get that! I was too but before everything I had to be at the Academy from 8 am to 6/7 pm so I didn’t have time for anything else :pleading_face:

1 Like

Oh my gosh, thats a long time

Will you be going back to school?

Technically yes, it already has, because I’m at home in New Zealand and I’m not allowed to travel out. So it is really difficult to escape to another country to teach when you can’t leave.

Do you want to go back to school, or would you prefer online classes?

I always prefer being at school teaching than Skyping.

1 Like

I think they will every school across the UK has different levels technology they have been able to use to homeschool kids. My neice has only been re taught stuff from before the lockdown. So she is essentially missing 6 months worth of Yr 3’s required knowledge.

If that makes any sense to anyone

1 Like

I really hope we get to go back to school in September. The plan is to have half the kids in one group go on Mondays and Wednesdays, the other half on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Fridays will be for kids who need extra help. I don’t mind that, because I really miss teaching in person and helping my oldest nephew study for his tests. Because no school = no tests.

2 Likes