Writing competition December 2019

I saved all these images, I love it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

It’s based on my experience.

1 Like

Can’t think of a title at the moment. :sweat_smile:

Chapter 1

An olive skinned fairy with curly black hair stood hiding high up in a pine tree. the fairy was tell yet slim, maybe even underweight you could say. She wore a mid-length dress with a sweetheart neckline. She had on a pair of gladiator sandals. the only flaw on her otherwise pristine skin was a scar on her back in the shape of a crescent moon. The moonlight was the only source of light this night. The fairy wore a simple gold ring. The moon reflected off the ring if who this woman was hiding looked carefully they would see that simple reflection of the moon’s light.

‘Kerria’ A voice called out in the night disturbing the peace of the forest. The woman stayed put got she know the owner of the voice meant her harm. She prayed to her gods that her ring would not give her way. ‘Kerria’ the voice called out again. This time the voice sounded closer to the woman. ‘Her trail has gone cold. She is likely long gone’ a second voice called out into the night. the woman stayed still and quiet until she was sure these voices had left.

For the woman, an unknown amount of time had passed before the nights’ normal peace returned. it was a bad way to spend christmas eve the woman thought to herself. She was glad she decided to go to bed wearing clothes than the sleepwear those people left for her to wear. She knew she would either be dead by know or at the least have hypothermia. She focused on calling her wings. Though the woman knew she had little magic but still had hope her wings would come. She felt immense pain as her wings came forth. the pain made her scream for dear life. Once the pain had died down her wings were now out for all to see. they were shaped like those of a monarch butterfly. the wings were translucent with a copper crown on one side and a sliver tribal wolf head on the other. It was odd for a fairy to have such symbols on their wings. The woman was relieved when her wings appeared though she wasn’t prepared for the pain that accompanied them. Without hesitation she jumped into the sky and began her long flight home.

For the woman her wish to get home would not come true that night. in one weak moment whilst flying with a flock of birds she unwittingly fell to the ground.

Chapter 2

Out on an early morning walk, a stranger wearing a pale blue tunic with bell-shaped sleeves and a white sash tied around her waist. The stranger’s blonde hair was neatly tied up into a fishtail braid. She was also wearing a silver tiara with a crescent moon in the center. She didn’t notice the fairy at first, it wasn’t until they tripped over her did she see the fairy passed out on the forest floor. ‘Poor fairy. Her wings must have taken most of the damage compared to the rest of her’ the stranger thought to herself. ‘Looks like your coming with me’, the stranger muttered - thinking that some unconscious people can hear the world around them. With very little trouble the strange picked up the fairy and placed her arm around her neck letting her feet drag along the forest floor. This was the only way the stranger knew how to carry the fairy. The wings would be a big issue in any other position.

The strangers’ home was simple in design. Built in the centre of a large clearing, you could clearly see the effort put into making this cabin. The inside was simple and open planned - fully equipped with water and electrics despite being in the middle of the woods, the fairy would probably find it odd just like everyone else had. Not that many people came over to the cabin. It was how the stranger liked it. The cabin had only 1 master bedroom (with a bathroom suite attached), along with two other rooms to the left of it. One looked like a nursery, the other was a small room with a single bed underneath the large window. The window was lit up by the sunlight, easily filling the room with a warm glow.It was in this room that the stranger gently placed the fairy, muttering a quick prayer in an unknown language before leaving the room to the fairy rest.

The stranger went about her normal christmas day routine. The cabin didn’t have much in the way of christmas decorations. If she wasn’t trying to keep away from any of her family or her ex’s she wouldn’t be hiding out this far in the forest. There were a few small ornaments in the cabin that her friend managed to get for her over the 2 months she has been here. Feeling a bit down she decided to read a book and maybe check on the fairy she found.

The stranger sat in an armchair in the corner of the room, anxiously watching the weak fairy, muttering prayers for her to be alright. The fairy began to stir from her sleep, her bright yellow eyes reflecting the sunlight was streaming out of the nearby window. The stranger didn’t know of any living thing having such bright yellow eyes but then again fairies didn’t leave their home lands that often. “Nice to see you awake little fairy.” the stranger said. Calling the fairy little is probably not a good thing but the fairy was shorter than the stranger. The fairy just grunted at the stranger as they tried to sit up. “Easy there you took a big beating” the stranger tried to reason with the fairy. She was ignored, the fairy tried again this time she was more careful with her movements. The fairy was using the wall to support herself. “Why help me?” the fairy asked.

“You reminded me of myself a few months back. Plus I could use the company with poppy gone. The cabin gets a bit lonely.” their voice was calm. The fairy found no hint that the stranger was lying. Part of her knew that she could trust the stranger but another part of her was trying to urge her to be more cautious after her recent few months. “What’s your name? Mine is Astra” the stranger’s voice sounded pleased yet excited. Is she trying to trick me? Best not to tell her my first name. The fairy thought to herself. “Aquamarine but you can call me Aqua” the fairies reply was pretty blunt. “Well, Aqua why don’t we get a simple Christmas dinner?” Astra said with a bright smile on her face. This put aqua more at ease, her stomach unexpectedly growled loudly. Astra burst out laughing. “Come on” Astra spoke between fits of laughter. Aqua was a little on edge with the random laughing. Astra started walking to the kitchen and Aqua quickly ran after her. Though the getting to the kitchen Was causing her a lot of discomforts.

Aqua was in shock with how nice the kitchen looked. The kitchen has a light blue resin counters and a sink with metal fixtures. The kitchen wasn’t too over the top. It was simple yet elegant. On the island, Astra had set out a cheese pizza, pepperoni pizza and a few side dishes. The Island had 3 black bar stools on one side. Astra was sat on the far right stool. “You don’t need to look so shocked, in my condition I eat a lot so making your food isn’t really any trouble” Astra tried to break Aqua out of her dazed state. Condition? What was Astra talking about? Aqua thought to herself. Astra wasted no time eating the food she had prepared for them. Aqua was a little more hesitant about the food. It was nothing to do with Astra, just the fact that the last time Aqua ate with a relative stranger she ended up in the hell she just barely escaped.

Reluctantly after a long 5 minute wait of just staring at the food Aqua gave in since she desperately needed the sustenance. Just so she could put her wings away, giving them a better chance to heal. Aqua moan in delight with how good Astra’s cooking was. Astra was pleased to see someone else enjoying her food. Astra shot out of the kitchen like a bullet. It wasn’t long after that Agua could hear Astra throwing up. She ran pretty fast. Maybe she has a bad headache, some humans back home do throw up if it is bad enough. Not that I care that much about her. Is she human? Why isn’t she freaking out about my wings? I thought humans aren’t meant to know of our existence, Aqua thought to herself. She was inwardly shocked by her revelations, she had never taken a shine to someone this quick before. To the world, Aqua came off as calm. “Don’t eat the chicken Drumsticks!” Astra shouted from the bathroom.

The chicken smelt fine to Aqua, but she will take astra’s word on it since she made the food. “Sorry if you heard that” Astra quitely spoke mostly to the floor. “It’s fine, these things happen.” Aqua tried to offer some reassurance. Other than Aqua throwing up the Christmas dinner was silent. After a bit of cleaning, Aqua tried to put her wings away. Much to her dismay, it didn’t happen. She couldn’t figure out why. This hadn’t happened to her before. Though she has seen this in her job as a healer/midwife. She could think of 3 reasons why her wings wouldn’t go away. 1- No enough energy 2- illness or injury. Aqua doubted this option the most sine she could move them a fine without pain. 3 - cursed or spell in some way. She won’t put os past those people they did seem to be the worst of the 3 most common supernatural races (Witches, Vampires and Werewolves).

“You okay Aqua” Astra said noticing the lone tear go down Aqua’s face. Aqua nodded her head not really sure of how she was feeling. Astra not really believing her gave Aqua a hug she probably needed. Astra was sure to be careful of her wings. ‘You okay? Astra asked again. Aqua just hugger he tighter. Something about Astra was making Aqua’s inner fae stir from its slumber. Most fae never hears a peep out of their inner fae. Those that do are said to have an important destiny and can either bring a great change with them or destroy anything they touch.

Chapter 3

“Astra! We have to go!” A voice called out to the pair inside the house. Astra didn’t recognize the voice. If Astra had been found by her ex then the pair was in for a fight for their lives. “Astra!” the voice called out again. Astra carefully went over to the nearest window making sure to stay out of sight of the potential threat. All her worry was for nothing. She only saw poppy. Big ball of crazy witch wrapped up in a cute unthreatening appearance. Poppy was a pale-skinned young woman with pale blue eyes and long white hair pulled back into an off-centre ponytail on the right side and pinned with an icicle-shaped tiara and bangs that poppy says she is trying to grow out but never does. The Icicle tiara is to let her fellow witches what her elemental power is. She was wearing her favourite outfit. It consists of a white, double-breasted jacket with black piping, cuffs, and buttons over a white, pleated full skirt with black lace trim, a pair of white, thigh-high boots with black heels and lace-topped black stockings.

”Dam it! Poppy you scared me half to death, Astra shouted loud enough so poppy could hear her outside the cabin. Aqua was confused as hell with what was going on. Astra was frustrated with Poppy’s actions. She really thought she had been found by her ex-mate. She just wants a semi-normal life being a vampire can give her. She just couldn’t live the way her mate was making her. It was rather unhealthy for a vampire not to get any kind of blood. It makes them go insane and slowly turn into a level-E vampire. Astra is grateful that poppy (her mate’s pack’s witch) helped her escape the fate her mate was slowly dragging her to.

Needing to find out the whole thing just in case Astra does indeed have to go on the run again, Astra decided to head outside and talk to poppy. Poppy knew there was another being in the area she was just hoping they weren’t a threat to her or Astra. She is wary of any supernatural race after seeing rogue vampires, witches and werewolves try to take over Dawn Wolf Pack lands. Poppy wouldn’t put it past the rarer races to be just as bad despite not actually meeting any of them. Aqua being more cautious about the stranger she decided to observe the pair from the nearest window.

Aqua saw the strange white-haired female standing a few feet away from the door Astra was now stood in front of. She could tell by the light in her eyes that the stranger was a witch. She wasn’t much of a threat physically at least. Aqua noticed. The Witch was slim (almost underweight). She looked to be roughly 6 feet tall with legs for days. Witches don’t look like a threat but from aqua’s experience with one simple spell can easily overpower the strongest vampire or werewolf. Aqua hated that so much, witches often don’t know what the source of the worlds magic comes from they just use it without truly understanding it. She and her fellow fae have to work their butts off just to get magic to work for them without consequences. The stranger kept trying to find something. Did she know aqua was there? Is she with the people she just escaped from? Aqua was on edge watching the pair talk.

“Poppy, you know not to scare me like that,” Astra yelled at the stranger. Poppy just looked at the ground. “Sorry, luna “ Poppy said still looking at the floor. Luna? Thought her name was Astra. Aqua thought to herself. Trying not to give her position away. “Poppy I told you not to call me that. I am not the Luna anymore” Astra’s voice was filled with disappointment. It was like the word Luna hurt her. So Luna is a title. For what? Aqua was still confused by the situation unfolding in front of her. She was relieved to get some more information on Astra. “It’s fine, just don’t call me that again okay?” Astra said with a smile on her face. It was like Astra was giving off a calming aura. It was strong enough that Aqua could feel it from inside the cabin.

“Have you seen anyone strange in the area?” Poppy asked. Still not taking her eyes off the ground. “Nope unless you call a wounded Fairy laying passed out this morning strange,” Astra said trying to figure out what poppy isn’t telling her. Whereas Poppy, on the other hand, was confused as to if fairies are real or just exist in Disney movies. The sounds of the forest died so suddenly it was unnatural. Aqua knew something big was on its way. Poppy and Astra seemed to be unaware of the change in their surroundings.

The air turned cold, the sun was hidden behind a thick layer of dark clouds. Still, the witch and Astra didn’t react to the changes going on around them. ‘Could they not see what was happening?’ Aqua thought to herself - not really sure if the witch was safe to be around. The ground seemed to shake as a large shadowy figure, with light blue eyes approached the cabin. Astra and poppy still didn’t react to their environment changing around them.

“Konbanwa” (good evening) the shadowy figure said to the 3 women in the clearing. Poppy and Astra didn’t know the figure was there. Aqua knew what the figure had said but didn’t want to give away her hiding place to the witch. Nothing happened for a good few minutes before the figure spoke again. Konbanwa” (good evening). Again the figure waited for an answer but the outside pair didn’t react to it. It was starting to get on Aqua’s last nerve. Making her way out of the house and standing next to Astra. Not taking her lemon yellow eyes off the figure once she was outside. Konnichiwa? (Hello?) Aqua responded to the figure, not really caring at this point if the witch thought she was strange, the figure appeared like it wasn’t going to go away anytime soon. Poppy and Astra shared a look of confusion. “Anata wa yōsei no ōjodesu ka” (are you the fairy princess?) The figures gaze was now solely focused on Aqua. “Eigo o hanasemasu ka” (do you speak english?) Aqua asked the figure. Fully aware she really only knew how to have simple conversations in Japanese. The only thing she really understood the figure say was princess. Which in her opinion could take the conversation quickly out of her depth. Chikaku no `karera’ to hanashite mo daijōbudesuka?(Is it okay to talk with “them” nearby?) the figure said whilst pointing at the witch and Astra. “If Astra trusts her then the witch is fine with me” Astra wasn’t really sure who Aqua was talking to, she hadn’t even noticed she was there. It was the same thing that happened earlier when she found Aqua in the woods. Poppy on the other had now had an answer to wonder if fairies existed with the fairy standing right in front of her and next to her luna with her winds out for all to see. “If you are sure” the figure hesitantly replied. “Arigatou gozaimasu” (thank you) Aqua said, she really appreciated the figures effort to speak english with her. In Aqua’s opinion going on the look of astra’s face she was either happy she trusted her or was confused about who she was talking about. Poppy appeared to be in shock more todo with realizing She stood there rather than the events around her.

Astra was trying to see who Aqua was talking to but she saw nothing. There was only the unusually still and silent forest around them. “I have come to find you by order of King Wesley Underwood.” A strange voice that seemed to come from all around the 3 of them, Astra noted that Aqua wasn’t taking her eyes off the tree just to the left of the cabin door. “Father? Why?” Aqua blurted out. Her voice was filled with shock and worry, Astra wasn’t sure who Aqua really was or that she was a princess, then again the pair had barely talked since she found her this morning. “To deliver you a warning. The royal Fae Seer has revealed a new prophecy. The king believes you need to hear it. But you went missing many months ago. I fear my warning has come too late for you to change the fate of all Fae.” the voice sounded sad almost inconsolable. “Mister, its is not your fault those people kidnapped me and held me for months. I am sure your warning will still be of some use even if whatever the seer was seen has already been set in motion.” Aqua said, no longer able to look at the figure in the eyes any longer.

The air in the clearing changes again, the air was now swirling around like a tornado. The 3 women were unaffected by the strong winds. This new change makes Aqua stop looking at the floor and prepare herself for the arrival of a new threat. Though n o threat would come. The shadowy figure started to shrink, the Shadows surrounding it died out as well. Once the wind had settled Aqua could now see a huge dark rose and bright blue male-looking hawk He has a forehead marking in the shape of a teardrop. Its eyes were a bright blue just the figures that stood were the hawk now was. Aqua noted the Hawk was the size of an adult wolf.

Astra could now see what Aqua was talking to and she was freaked out, It was mostly not knowing what this thing was or why she couldn’t see it moments ago. She could feel her fang grow and her eyes change to her vampires blood red colour. Poopy on the other hand was in awe at the creature stood in the clearing with them. She had never seen a fairy or a creature such as this. She was a tiny bit scared since she prides herself on her ability to sense other supernaturals around her. Yet here stood 2 beings she could not sense the presence of. To everyone else in the clearing they could smell poppy’s fear, even if she was trying to show she wasn’t. “Mister have I seen the gemstone somewhere before?” Aqua asked. The rudy teardrop on its forehead seemed familiar like it was important to the king if he sent it after her. If hawks could smile then that’s what this one was doing. “ I am glad you could recognise me, your highness. Not many fairies can see me when I don’t want to be seen, even if you only saw me gem.” the hawk spoke whilst lifting its wing to the rudy on its head. Aqua and the others didn’t know what to say. “I am The spirit your late mother asked to help protect her family in the events she died before you took the throne. It is it’s time I give you your father’s message. I fear the kingdom had gotten worse since my departure.” the Hawk was pretty blunt with its words. Not really caring how it made Aqua feel. The Hawk paused for a moment, its eyes changed to pure white light.

“She is the maker of shadows,
She has silent, dark paws,
She reaches over the Clans and extends her claws.
The darkness of night washes through the air,
The horrors of fright,
Shall rest the cloud of fears beyond your sight.
It lies in the Clans,
A betrayer of the law,
Blood will form a great river,
Only because of this one, the slayer.
The night time’s lead,
The moon turned red,
Beware of the snowstorm upcoming.” The hawks voice sounded distant. Once the prophecy was done the eyes of the hawk returned to normal. It flew off without another word. The prophecy made no sense to Aqua. Clans could mean vampire clans or the fairy noble clans. Though the fairy clans tend to stay out of each other’s stuff. They all report to the Royal family, especially my father- King Wesley Underwood (said to be the strongest fairy ruler in centuries). I don’t know much about Vampires and how their society works. Claws and paws could have something to do with shifters. “maker of shadows” - A witch or fairy maybe? Aqua thought it though briefly.

Chapter 4

Things have been quiet since the hawk left the clearing a few days go. No one knew what to say to each other nothing much more than some small talk about the weather, etc. the lack of conversation and ignoring the elephant in the room was getting too much for an already confused and frustrated poppy. Astra and Aqua had gotten closer. Poppy tried to get to know the fairy but everytime she tried she would be ignored. Poopy started to wonder if she had done something to offend the fairy. Poppy knocked on the communal bathroom door. “Luna are you okay in there ?” She got no reply. “Astra?” Poppy said slightly louder this time. Still Astra didn’t answer. “Astra! Can you hear me?” Poppy yelled loudly at the door. Still she go on answer. “What’s going on?” Aqua asked, making Poppy jump.

“Astra hasn’t left the bathroom. She has been in there for a long time.” The worry was plain for all to hear in poppy’s voice. Aqua was just as surprised as poppy, when she last saw Astra, Astra looked like she could pass out at anytime. But she believed Astra’s reasurances. Her inner fae started to stir again. Aqua felt a surge in her magical power,. Aqua didn’t hesitate to break the door down. She kicked it as hard as she could opening it on her first try. It didn’t last too long. The power surge went as quickly as it came. What was inside scared the pair. Astra was bright red from head to toe passed out on the bathroom floor.

The pair rushed into the bathroom. Astra was giving off a lot of heat To the point neither Aqua or poppy could touch her without getting burnt by the heat. “Poppy, get some damp towels, loose clothing” Aqua ordered the witch. Poppy wasn’t really paying attention to Aqua, was just knelt by Astras body. “Poppy! Go do as I have asked!” Aqua yelled. Poppy was quick to scramble out of the bathroom. Ignoring the fact that She will be hurt by this unnatural heat Astra is giving off. Aqua quickly checked Astra over for any signs of a serious injury. Aqua breathed a sigh of relief when she found none. It meant that whatever was causing this heat was either magical in origin or internal - something to do with the vampire anatomy. Aqua had little experience treating vampires but that wasn’t going to put her off, Astra needed her help right not her doubts or fears.

Aqua grabbed the cup that was next to the sink and placed it on Astra’s chest. Her heartbeat was slow for a fairy but it sounded close to that of a human. Is that normal for a vampire or is it unusual? Aqua heard that some Vampire women in her kingdom can develop an unusual temperature when the woman is pregnant. She had only treated one Vampire before and that was at the beginning of her training to be a midwife. That particularly vampire was as cold as ice. Her hands hurt like hell during that appointment. She later found out that vampire died during the birth of her hybrid child. The child too, unfortunately. Aqua moved the cup to Astra uncovered belly to listen for a heart beat. She was shocked to find her hunch was right, Aqua now feared Astra will turn out like the other vampire.

“Poppy!” hurry up with the damp towels!” Aqua yelled not really knowing where she was in the cabin. “Here!” Poppy said sounding out of breath. Aqua took the towels are laid them on Astra. Aqua stood up to have a serious and first conversation with poppy. “Has Astra been intimate with anyone recently?” Aqua asked.

“No” poppy was quick to respond.
“Are you sure?” Aqua wasn’t hiding her confusion.
“Yes. No one other than you or me knows she is here.” Poppy sounded annoyed, probably thinking Aqua was accusing her of something. “I only ask this since I found a child’s heart beat while checking her over. “ Aqua was awkward in her words. She didn’t know how else to ask her questions. “Are you sure!” Poppy was surprised by Aqua’s words.“Yes . As sure as I am a healer and midwife.” Aqua spoke full of confidence. It was of little reassurance to Poppy. But it helped Aqua calm herself down for the moment. She could freak out later when Astra is feeling better. There was a long and awkward silence that filled the air around the pair. “Look you don’t know me or I about you. I take my work very seriously. I don’t care how long ago or who with. I just need to know why kind of hybrid child she Is pregnant with. Any and all info could help.” Aqua was calm yet firm with her words.

Poopy honestly respected Aqua right now for how she was handling this situation. Poppy was still in shock in finding out astra could of been pregnant. She thought she might of been when she first hide Astra from her Alpha mate. But she thought that could be so after being here in this secluded cabin for nearly 3 months. “Well it has been about 3 month I think I can’t really say for sure the alpha and Astra didn’t like to talk about their mating in public. It’s been that long since she was even near him.” Poppy was rubbing her left arm up and down with her right hand as she spoke. Like the whole subject made her uncomfortable. “Alpha? Poppy, I don’t know much about other races, My home isn’t as “open” as yours is.” Aqua spoke not showing any emotions now in full healer mode, emotions could wait until her patient was better. “You have heard of werewolves right?” Poppy asked and got a nod of Aqua in response. Poppy continued “Well, Werewolves live in packs like normal wolves. Each pack is run by an alpha and his mate - the luna. Then it’s the beta and his mate the beta female followed by the gamma and the gamma female. After those 6 it’s just ordinary pack members. Not all packs have a pack witch or pack witches. Pack witches typically are either born to a witch mated to a wolf or a witch seeking protection from other threats to them. My family are all mated to wolves of the Dawn Wolf pack. All members are loyal to the Alpha what he says goes. Not even the Luna can go against him. “Poppy tone sounded sad when she stopped talking. Like whatever the reason she helped Astra escape must have pretty bad if she went against her alpha like that or at least that’s what conclusions Aqua drew from poppy’s information.

“So it is possible that she could of been pregnant when you both came here?” Aqua asked not wanting there to be a miscommunication between the two right now. “I guess but wolf pregnancies about 6 months long surely she would of shown signs before now.” Poppy was practically hyperventilating as she spoke. “Not necessarily, she is a vampire so its possible her child is part vampire part wolf making the pregnancy very difficult to compare to “pureblood pregnancies” so to speak. This pregnancy could be anywhere between 6 months like werewolves and 1 and a half years like a vampire pregnancy” Aqua wasn’t mincing her words and poppy looked like she was about to pass out. “She most likely wasn’t showing and real signs when you came otherwise the “alpha’s” wolf never would of let her out of her sight. If werewolves are like male fae and their possevinness about their unborn young.” Poppy couldn’t really hear what Aqua was saying the world around her went dark for a brief moment, the next thing she knew Aqua had placed a damp cloth on her head and was kneeling in between her and Astra.

“How are you feeling poppy?” Aqua asked.
“She sounds exhausted. What happened while I was out, Guessed I fainted again” Poppy kept her thoughts to herself not knowing what to do after passing out. They were meant to be helping Astra together not Aqua looking after her and Astra. ”fine” poppys response was short, she was unsure how to voice her thoughts to a stranger. She is a very self-conscious person to stranger a people she doesn’t see that often. She can come across as self absorbed by them. To her friends she is anything but. “No pain anywhere?” Aqua asked. Poppy shook her head no.

“why don’t you go get yourself hydrated and maybe eat something. I will be fine dealing with Astra.”Aqua said with a huge reassuring smile on her face. Poppy did as she was instructed and left the room. Aqua was relieved that poppy didn’t just become another patient with serious injuries/injury. Astra was taking enough of her skills as a healer just to figure out how to wake her up. “Nothing I have tried with the medicines they have here isn’t working. I don’t like using magic on pregnant patients. I wish there was another option.” Aqua said to Astra thinking maybe she could hear some of what was happening around her. “I will try to save the child Astra… At least until you are conscious and can make the choice about keeping the child.” Aqua started talking strong but she knew her main priority was astra not the child which she would normally do in this situation but this was not a normal pregnancy so her simple magic healing may backfire drastically. Aqua changed the towles for damper ones.

She stood up ready to start casting the most basic healing spell she knew. For the second time today Aqua felt a strange surge of power flow through her. She began speaking in a language she didn’t knew she spoke before this moment. A thin black shadow started moving of its own accord from around where Aqua stood. The shadow made its way to astra. Once the spell was done it just vanished like it was never there in the first place. All Aqua could do was be a kind of a back seat driver, while whatever was controlling her did its magic spell. It honestly scared her that this was happening. She had never heard of this happening before except in legend. Even then it was just fairytales right? Inner fae spirits didn’t exist they are just there to scare kids into being good and behave.

“Thanks for not freaking out as much as I thought you would” a strange but oddly comforting female voice said. Aqua looked around to see if there was someone else in the room and she saw noone. Exhausted but the unusual spell and the stress of the situation got too much for Aqua and she passed out in the bathroom laying next to Astra in a protective manner. No one would get past this fairy healer to hurt her patient.

Thanks @MeghanWrites for proofreading this for me.:partying_face:

4 Likes

when will we find out who wins?

2 Likes

At the end of the month! The winner will be announced on the 31st

3 Likes

YAAASSSS

1 Like

Any last minute entries? I don’t think I will make the poll for another day so if anyone still wants to join, this is your last chance.

2 Likes

For a second, I thought this was the art competition and I was like waaaat :scream_cat::joy:

his is my contest entry, and I know it was suposed to be a story but I’ve decide to write my story in stanzas instead of paragraphs, so it may end up being a poem :sweat_smile::joy:

It was the day before Christmas and all over the land, everyone was preparing for Santato come…

Kids hung up stockings, and parents were rushed off their feet.

All in preparation of the grand feast.

But not for Maddie, instead she was outside,

Digging coal for the fire that she would not sit beside.

Feeding animals better treated than her,

Tending to the needs of those whose feet were warmer.

Her clothes cling to a skinny frame, all that was left of her and we were to blame.

For not long ago, this girl was happy, smiling and waving as soon as she was without her nappy.

But that did not last for long - as soon as her parents went, it was all gone.

She’d had brothers and sisters and those in between, but they were now lost to hunger and fear.

Until today, the day it all changed. When another cared for her shame.

They spoke together by a warm fire, Maddie’s black skin clean, and dressed in a much warmer attire.

The woman had saved her and she knew that, from the slavery of an ordinary Christmas.

It’s bad, eye know. :joy::sweat_smile:

1 Like

The winner of this month is @Sophia1233, congratulations! Please pm me the next theme as soon as possible!