X-Men: First Class (Official Roleplay)

The year is 1986 on planet Earth, universe 328. Tensions with the Soviets and their allies have spiraled into nuclear war. Most of southern America, along with the upper northeast, has been ravaged by atomic attacks and turned into an uninhabitable wasteland. Out of the rubble and scars of war has risen a new, powerful, and potentially dangerous form of life: The Mutants, humans with dormant mutated ‘X-Genes’ that, when activated naturally through puberty or by some other means, can grant their possesor uncanny powers. Despite making up less than one third of the American population, some of the mutants posses powers so great that they could wipe out the entire northern hemisphere without breaking a sweat.

Intensified due to the tensions of the war, mutaphobia and human rights groups spread like wildfire throughout the nation, dedicated to putting unpowered humans first and shutting out or destroying mutants before they destroy humanity. Some mutants fight back with thier unstable and uncontroled powers, often fanning the flames whether they mean to or not. Others go into hiding, terrified of a world that hates them for being born. Some use the conflict with humans to profit for thein own gain, to gain power or wealthbehind the scenes and monger fear to both sides. A select group, however, may be able to bring peace to all of this, provided they follow a certain type of leader. And the closest thing mutantkind has to that type of leader is the young, brilliant, and inexpierienced Charles Xavier.

Xavier, with the help of his strong psychic powers and a close friend, is traveling across the country and scouring the globe for the mutants with not just the most power, but the most potential. He is seraching for those who will preserve peace and justice, who will defend themselves without slaughtering their enemies, who will create an example for all of mutantkind- and mankind- to follow. But someone is working behind the scenes to destroy what he is building. Someone is trying to widen the divides between man and mutant and cause a bloody uprising that could destroy both sides forever. Which radical extreme will win? Which will you choose? Whatever you choose, do so wisely. You are a member of the first great team of mutant leaders. You are a member of the X-Men: First Class.

Your first post will be your character entering the Xavier Mansion where Charles and Erik will be waiting, “auditioning” mutants for their new, unnamed team.

PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL THE FIRST STORY POST HAS BEEN POSTED

Tags:

@GlitterFist
@Littlefeets
@CerealKiller
@unsungcheerio
@Sophia1233
@bread
@Owertym
@phnx
@Ouijaloveletters
@ForeverAngel
@Kbail
@Littlefeets

Rules:
No Mary Sues. I will be very strict on this one.
No Godmodding.
Blur all curses with Blur Spoiler AND S*mbols.
You must be hit/damaged in some way in at least every other post while participating in a fight scene.
This is a PG-13 rp. Be very careful with your descriptions and don’t do anything XXX anywhere but the PMs.
Try to post at least once a week.

8 Likes

You could have cut the atmosphere in the western study with a knife. Charles had never felt so uneasy in his life. The anticipation was destroying him, but he didn’t let that show as he leaned his chin on his hands atop the ancient ebony desk. His expression was cool and unflinching, but his heavily furrowed brow gave away the nervous questions swirling around and around in his head. Will anyone come? If they do, will they be the type of people that we need? What if I really was too optimistic? If this all was a fool’s errand-
Erik cleared his throat. Charles looked up to see his old friend glancing back at him from the bay window where he’d been pacing, grinning ruefully. “I’m being too loud, aren’t I?” Charles asked, and Erik chuckled. “It’s not your fault. You can’t help it.” “But I can, usually.” Charles insisted, and, putting two fingers to each of his temples, he strengthened his mental barier. “I’m just so nervous…”
Erik walked over to the desk and leaned against it. He let out a sigh. “After all the work we- You put into this, it’d have to be a cruel god to bring down this ship so close to port. We’ve fine-tuned every detail, Charles. We can’t fail, not at this point. Someone will come.”
Charles smiled up at his friend as the sunlight shone around him in a blinding halo. “Thank you, Erik.” He chuckled. “You know, aren’t you the pessimist? You shouldn’t be the one reassuring me.”
“I know.” Erik said with a smirk. “So don’t make me do it again, okay?”
Charles laughed, and Erik joined in. His nerves slowly began to unwravel. “I suppose we’ll never get anywhere if we don’t get started, right?” He took a deep breath as he heard the footsteps of the first potential team member approaching the study door. Putting two fingers to his temple, he reached out his mind to them.
Come in.

(Whoever wants to be the first member to “audition” can just reply to this post, but it’s first come first serve. Everybody else can wait for their turn in the grand hall and get to know each other.)

Tags:

@GlitterFist
@Littlefeets
@CerealKiller
@unsungcheerio
@Sophia1233
@bread
@Owertym
@phnx
@Ouijaloveletters
@ForeverAngel

3 Likes

I paced nervously in front of the door to the study, my high stress level causing parts of my body to be dissolved in shadows, fully vanishing in terror when I heard a man’s voice say Come in in my head. I grasped the door handle, opening the door and walking inside, unaware I was still invisible.
@GlitterFist

2 Likes

Charles Xavier

The door gently swung open, but no one was standing behind it. Charles and Erik craned their necks to peer around the corners and the doorway, trying to see if someone was standing just outside of eyeshot. After he failed to find anyone, Erik turned to Charles. “You didn’t open it yourself, did you?” He asked. Charles sighed, exasperated. “I keep telling you, Erik, I have Telepathy, not Telekinesis.” “Well I didn’t do it.” Erik threw his hands up defensively. Getting up from behind the desk, he took a few tentative steps towards the door. Feeling around with his mind, he could feel someone standing just beyond the doorway. Making sure he didn’t scare whoever was there, he quietly called out;

“Hello?”

@Ouijaloveletters

1 Like

“Oh, sorry…it happens when I’m nervous…” I muttered sheepishly, slowly reappearing. “Uhh…hi. I’m Korbyn Walker. I’m here for the mutant thing?” I said, putting my hands in my pockets.
@GlitterFist

2 Likes

Charles Xavier

Charles smiled as the girl reappeared in front of them. “That’s quite impressive.” He remarked, pulling out a chair for the girl to sit in. “Do you bend the light around yourself to hide?” Erik asked from his corner as he leaned against the bay window, bending and straightening a handful of paperclips with his mutant ability. He was a very physical minded man; He always needed some sort of scientific or tangible explanation for everything. Xavier rolled his eyes at him a bit. “Ignore Erik there. Please, have a seat. It’s nice to meet you, Miss Walker.” He said, just a second before the girl began to introduce herself.

@Ouijaloveletters

2 Likes

“I guess you could say that. I gather the shadows around myself to hide. How did you-“ I started in surprise as the man literally read my mind. “Nice to meet you too.” I said, recovering from my shock as I sat down.
@GlitterFist

3 Likes

Charles Xavier

“I’m terribly sorry.” Charles shook his head and scolded himself. “I try to ask for permission first, but sometimes my control just slips away. It won’t happen again, I pro…”
Just as Charles was about to permanently exit the girls mind, he caught a flash of something behind a closed door. A mother, full of shame. Doors and windows sealed. Escapeless rooms. A little girl curled into a ball on the floor. A lifetime of loneliness.
“…You… You poor thing…” Charles mused quietly, pulling Korbyn gently into a hug.

@Ouijaloveletters ITS HAPPENING

2 Likes

“It’s ok. Cool abil-“ I started to say, but was suddenly pulled into a hug. I stiffened, tendrils of shadows curling around my body. I slowly hugged back, utterly confused. “Are…are you ok?” I asked nervously.
@GlitterFist Yesss! Exactly!

2 Likes

Jeangreytext

Jean inhaled quickly exhaling opening the large wooden doors with various of patterns on them. She could already sense three presences in the building. Stepping inside and shutting the door back she walked over to the staircase.

jeangif

Stepping down as the study door was wide open she could already see Charles, Erik, and a younger girl standing inside the room. Charles of course noticed her as soon as she walked down. She flashed him a warm smile and entered the room. Jean wore a casual outfit, Her short red- nearly fiery hair was neat alongside a leather jacket and casual ruffled red shirt and black pants. A beautiful necklace rested upon her chest.

“Charles…” Jean trailed off. When was the last time she had seen him- Months? Years? It hasn’t been too long but time has surely passed. Jean glanced at Erik. “Erik- I don’t know if It’s shocking that you’re here or frightening.” Jean chuckled cracking a joke at their past experiences. “I came over as fast as I could,” Jean added flashing the letter Charles had sent her.

“And, You are?” Jean asked the other girl who was nervous and stood idly near the desk. You’ll be fine…I was nervous my first day too. Jean sent a telepathic message to the girl- Which the girl jolted back due to the sudden voice of Jean’s inside her head. “Sorry, It’s weird the first time.” Jean chuckled. “That was a telepathic message dear…Charles can do it too.” Jean reassured the girl as she stepped closer to the desk leaning over to give Charles a small hug.

Jean sensed another person coming, “Someone else is here.” Jean added. Their presence was- Off.

gwentext

Gwen sighed looking at the time on her phone, The Cab came to a halt slightly jolting under the old wheels. Chucking an $100 bill at the cab driver his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “Ma’am the ride was only $30…” The man asked as he looked back at Gwen, “Keep it.” Gwen stated dryly stepping out the cab she looked up at the large building- It had an old yet vintage style it was nice and had a ton of historic ambiance.

She sensed people as she entered the building, Gwen rolled her eyes shoving her hands into her pockets. She hated interaction- But of course, she had no choice. Glancing down at the letter she crumbled it and tossed it in the nearby trashcan. Opening the door to the room labeled study room.

Gwen opened the door and saw a bald man sitting at the desk, Another man standing idly next to him. Some woman with red hair and a girl who looked terrified out of her mind. “Great…” Gwen muttered shutting the door back. Strolling up to the desk she flashed a smug grin.

“I’m Gwen, Gwen Lawson.” Her aroma of cockiness was already showing through her broody exterior. Regardless she stayed humble to a degree- Gwen wore a beanie over her long dangling bright as snow-white hair, Her white freckles were prominent across her dark skin. A comfortable cotton black top and black ripped jeans. A flannel wrapped as neat as it could around her waist and black combat boots. It was a casual yet lazy look.

“Uh. I got a letter.” Gwen stated referring to the crumpled up paper in the trash.

Gwen's Outfit.

@GlitterFist
@Ouijaloveletters

1 Like

“It’s fine…” I told the red headed woman, still being hugged. “That’s pretty cool. Apparently you can read minds too. He introduced himself to me right before I told him my name.” I said, gesturing to Xavier.
@ForeverAngel
@GlitterFist

2 Likes

Charles Xavier

Charles, realizing that he’d made the entire situation into a trainwreck, quickly let go of Korbyn. “I’m sorry, I just saw…” he let his voice trail off and studied the girl. Her eyes were so wide, so vulnerable. She didn’t want to talk about it. Why would she? Later…
For now, though:
“So why are you interested in joining the team?” Charles asked.

It was then that he finally noticed the familiar, fiery face in the room. “Jean! Look at you!” He gave her a quick, much less awkward hug and beamed. “You’ve cut your hair.” Erik noted dryly from his corner. He looked up at her with a wry smirk. “I mean, you’re still gorgeous, but I almost didn’t recognize you. Although that may be because you don’t have some clingy manchild slobbering at your feet. That must be nice for you.” Straightening the paperclips in his hand out until they were plain wires, he twisted each one into a star shape and looked up at his old friend. “Whatever you’re going to do, don’t.” Charles warned, but Erik simply winked at her and said “Catch.” One by one, he flicked the tiny metal stars through the air at her with just the tiniest twitch of his mind.

@Ouijaloveletters
@ForeverAngel He’s not evil yet remember

1 Like

Kai was told that maybe going to this audition would be good for her. She couldn’t remember the person who told her to come but something told her she wasn’t supposed to. Kai walked towards the study where a lot of voices where coming from. She knocked quietly on the door. She waiting nervously for an answer.

Approachable

1 Like

Jeangreytext

“It’s fine…” I told the red headed woman, still being hugged. “That’s pretty cool. Apparently you can read minds too. He introduced himself to me right before I told him my name.” The girl said, gesturing to Xavier.

Jean let out a small chuckle. “Nice to meet you, Korbyn.” Jean asked and gave her a warm smile. Still keeping conversation with the other two men- “Jean! Look at you!” Xavier gave her a quick, much less awkward hug and beamed. “You’ve cut your hair,” Erik noted dryly from his corner. Jean teasingly fluffed her short hair.

“I missed you two. How have you been?” Jean asked almost reminiscent of their younger years. Man does time fly. One day your a teen trying to figure out their mutant abilities the next your a teacher and have bouts of power with control to match. Jean smiled at her progress into adulthood.

“I mean, you’re still gorgeous, but I almost didn’t recognize you. Although that may be because you don’t have some clingy manchild slobbering at your feet. That must be nice for you.” Erik added. “Very funny Erik, But no…Me and Scott.” Jean sighed as a few tears welled in her eyes he was her first love, Now he was nothing more than a man that held memories. “We broke up two years ago. He got a job at this amazing foundation that trained adult X-Men. And figured I was too unstable to join him, So he ended it.” Jean admitted it still stung til’ this day, Whether he was right or wrong he saw her as nothing more than a ticking time bomb. Jean wiped away her tears and put on a happy expression.

Straightening the paperclips in his hand out until they were plain wires, Erik twisted each one into a star shape and looked up at his old friend. “Whatever you’re going to do, don’t.” Charles warned, but Erik simply winked at her and said “Catch.” One by one, he flicked the tiny metal stars through the air at Jean with just the tiniest twitch of his mind.

Jean playfully rolled her eyes, The stars instantly stopped with her telepathic waves and she reformed them into hearts. Lit them on fire so the metal burned and turned a pretty rust of orange with a slight shimmering light. Cooling the metal hearts she tossed them to Erik as he flipped them she put his name on the hearts. “Cute Trick.” Jean crossed her arms with a chuckle.

Suddenly jean felt a soft presence alongside an equally soft knock. “Come in!” Jean jolted back as she noticed a white-haired woman, Obviously, Another mutant coming to join them but something was genuinely off. It’s like she could sense a tinge but she was being blocked out telepathically. How long had she been here? Jean thought.

gwentext

Gwen sighed, Plopping down on a nearby chair in the study room as the people conversed blatantly ignoring her. The red-haired woman showcased how she and the other man were telepaths. Figures they couldn’t sense her like other mutants no wonder they barely saw her coming.

Gwen did come on a bit headstrong, But she wasn’t going to fake her personality. Or at least not be as kind to people she just met…Most just acted like that hated her anyways. After a few minutes went by as Gwen sat idly clicking away on her phone. The red-haired woman jumped back slightly finally noticing her presence.

“And I thought this was a welcoming school,” Gwen stated in a sarcastic tone to the red-haired woman. “Very Welcoming.” Gwen added. She was a bit sad by how they already treated her but what could she expect. Noticing the other men and girl didn’t even bother to acknowledge her yet- A mischievous smirk crawled onto Gwen’s face.

“Excuse me.” Gwen slid the red-haired woman but before she could even reach the desk she gave a loud monstrous sound. Her voice booming throughout the room as her prehensile tongue stretched far an alien-look too it. The shy girl jolted back nearly falling as the other two men looked shocked but kept their composure.

The bald man furrowed his eyebrows as he placed his hands on his temples. Gwen sighed. “That isn’t going to work.” She muttered slurping back in her prehensile tongue just as fast as she did the trick.

venomtongue

“My name is Gwen. Gwen Lawson.” Gwen re-stated finally having their attention. "I’ve been here for 15 minutes and no one noticed except for the pretty red-haired woman. Gwen pointed to Jean.

@GlitterFist
@Ouijaloveletters
@Sophia1233

1 Like

Kai was startled by how loud the voice was. She was stood there for a minute yet still hadn’t expected it. Kai slowly stepped into the room. She was unaware that her power was going a bit crazy. Around her feet there was small sparks of red lightning going from her leg to the ground. “Hi” she said in a small voice.

@ForeverAngel
@GlitterFist
@Ouijaloveletters

2 Likes

“Sa…what? Never mind. I’m interested in joining because I know I can help. I can go undetected and am good at combat. And I also need a place to stay…” I muttered the last part under my breath.
@GlitterFist

2 Likes

coollogo_com-230531058

Lena watched the scenery of the small town fly by out of the window of the cramped taxi. A bustling urban area morphed into a cozy-looking rural area, which thinned into a spruce forest. Lena heard the chittering of overeager chipmunks, the soft, melodious twitters of songbirds, the crunching of autumn leaves as a doe and her young fawn sprinted past, all documented and stored in her brain for future use. Why do I even need to know what a bunch of forest animals sound like? she thought to herself, already knowing the answer. You can never be too careful.

Lena longed to be in that lush, peaceful forest, surrounded by nothing but trees and animals for miles. She could cozy up with a good book, or go on a hike, or just listen to the various woodland creatures go about their blissful lives. Instead, she was stuck in this miserable little contraption, barreling towards a new chapter in Lena’s life, for better or for worse. Lena summoned her cocky facade that often dropped when she was daydreaming, and shifted her view to the front of the taxi.

The neatly-paved roads had deteriorated into bumpy dirt roads some time ago, leading Lena to question whether this road could even be considered that. It’s really more of a trail, to be honest. The taxi itself was a small, bug-like thing, a sickly egg-yolk color, and could have barely contained her luggage- if she had any, that is. Even then, it was cramped and humid, even the chilly early-fall air not being able to squeeze through the rounded doors. The taxi would lurch to a stop every few minutes to let a deer or tortoise pass by, the driver cursing and mumbling about how he ‘better get payed a helluvalot for this’.

The forest started to grow darker, strange shadows playing across the dirt road, despite it only being late morning. The trees lost their leaves and grew darker, twisting together to form thick briars in the eves of the trees. The bustle of wildlife seemed to stop all together, replaced my an eerie silence that would drive away anyone in their right mind. It took all of Lena’s willpower not to try and break out of the moving car right there, and right when it felt like she was about to break, bright sunlight washed over the car.

Lena peeked through the front window to see a large, rustic-looking manor in the middle of a clearing surrounded by golden trees. The mansion was tall, seemingly three or four stories, and Lena noticed the sunlight refracting off of several stained-glass windows. The manor’s peeling paint and older style only added to its appeal. It’s… really pretty. The taxi came to a pointed halt, Lena’s stomach flipping from both anxiousness and the sudden stop. She grabbed her small drawstring bag and was about to head towards the manor when the middle-age driver turned in his seat to face her, sliding open the dinky plastic window.

“Aight, ya broad. Time to give up the mones,” he said in a thick accent, breath stinking of cigarettes and beer. Lena was barely phased.

“Actually,” she said, voice silky smooth, “I think you have more pressing issues to attend to at the moment.”

It barely took Lena a second to accomplish her goal, slipping into his thoughts, shifting his focus from the young girl in front of her to the dirt road behind her.

By the time he was able to re-gather his thoughts, Lena was gone.

Lena slipped out of the taxi, stepping quickly towards the mansion. She took in a long breath of crisp autumn air, enjoying how the slight wind ruffled her hair. Now that she was out of the taxi, though, speculations of the actual situation she was walking into intruded her mind. Thoughts of traps set up by human supremacists, of trials and tribulations, of mutants clawing at each other to reach the top of the totem pole all etched into her mind. She shook her head, trying to rid herself of these thoughts. It took five hours to get here. If God wants me to die, so be it. She smoothed her hair down, doing a once-over of her outfit before entering the mansion.

The inside of the mansion matched the exteriors aesthetic nicely, with intricate patterns adorning the wallpaper and rustic furniture lining the walls. Lena followed the sounds of voices to a large study, which was currently being entered by a girl a few years older than her. Lena peeked into the room to find three bickering adults, one of the adults attempting to speak to a girl surrounded by black mist; a girl with what looked like a slimy worm exiting her mouth; and the girl who had just entered, red sparks shooting off her body.

Well, at least it looks too disorganized to be trap, Lena thought, rolling her eyes. sure, free food and housing was nice, but at the expense of being part of what seemed to be a low-budget sitcom? We could be called The Mutant Family. Lena backed out of the doorway, not wanting to be involved with that mess, and sat down in a nearby chair, tapping her fingers across her legs.

Approachable

1 Like

I stared at the girl in shock, nearly my whole body encased in shadows. “That’s both cool and disturbing…sorry for not noticing you. I’m usually the one to go unnoticed…” I muttered. I noticed another girl backing away and made eye contact for a second, the shadows continuing to curl around my body.
@ForeverAngel
@phnx

1 Like

Ziva saw the flyer for the X-Men auditions in a trash bin on her way to work a few days ago. It’d caught her eye, and she fished it out, scanning over it. It was an interesting opportunity, and the benefits were much too great for someone like Ziva to ignore. Living in a mansion…? Sign me up. The idea of working on a team was less than ideal for her, but she was willing to at least try to make it work if it meant not having to pay for a place to stay.

Days later, she was biking her way to the mansion, which was fairly far from her apartment, but not far enough for her to want to take a taxi. The trip was nearing three hours but Ziva had expected it when she’d learned how far it was by car. Besides, while her legs were burning, she enjoyed the ride, especially the scenery of the forest. She stuck to the edge of the road, close to the trees, tensing each time a car drove up beside her. Majorly irrational, but still, old habits died hard.

She slowed to a stop at the side of the road, pulling a map out of her backpack to make sure she was on route. She traced her finger on the line she’d marked, looking up to match her surroundings to the piece of paper. A satisfied smile appeared on her face when she realized she was still on the right track, and it seemed like there wasn’t much longer for her to bike. Ziva pulled out a sleek, black travel mug that was in the righthand cup holder of her bag, taking a long swig of the coffee, its bitter taste leaving its mark even as it slid down her throat. Ah, she sighed, replacing the travel mug.

Ziva hopped back starting to pedal again as she made her way across the dirt road. Eventually, the thick trees gave way to a large clearing, with what looked like a castle in the centre of it. She got off her bike, choosing instead to wheel it as she walked along the wide path. This is where I’ll be living? She inhaled sharply, her mind flickering to the small apartment she called home now; the thin walls, her sexually active upstairs neighbours, the hole in the wall that some rats have now made their home, the window that she could never close, which always makes the apartment feel too hot or too cold, and gets the carpet wet during storms… suffice to say, she could certainly use a change of space. Ziva’s face took a tight, determined look and she walked on, her grip tight on her bike’s handlebars.

She arrived at the manor’s front doors, struggling slightly with the door as she tried to get inside whilst still holding her bike. It took a bit, but eventually, she managed to get inside. It was fairly easy to get to where the auditions were being held, seeing as there seemed to be a lot of commotion coming from one particular room in the mansion. She moved quietly along the halls, one of her hands grasped around the large battery she always kept in her jacket pocket, just in case. She turned the hall, seeing a girl sitting in a nearby chair and a door slightly closed that seemed to house all the chaos. It must just be an audition or something happening right now… she reasoned. Her grip loosened on the battery and she visibly relaxed. She walked her bike a bit further down the hallway, leaning it against the wall while she stood next to it, moving all of her fingers in front of her eyes, watching as the sparks shot from fingertips.

ORP: Approachable~

2 Likes

I dissolved into the shadows, slipping out the door, sending a quick telepathic message. I’m…taking a breather. This is a bit much. I walked out the door, seeing two people. I materialized, smiling slightly. “It’s a little…chaotic in there…”
@unsungcheerio
@phnx

1 Like