(1x1) Yem’s Adventure

Yem Chen is the “hero” of the story and is hired to basically stop an impending war, not that she knows this… yet. Yem is a hired-adventurer, known only for the tasks she does and not for who she was before this chosen career path. She soon receives this “mission” or “quest” and undergoes many challenges in order to complete it. Something is missing or was it stolen and they have to get it back in time before war breaks out. @Ouijaloveletters chooses the path for Yem, as well as her weapon, clothing, and even how she interacts and battles. Will she be successful or die trying?

Alex’s character, Yem’s FC!

Additional info:

Skill, Stamina, Luck

You will give a score for each one, but they change constantly during the adventure. However, totals may never exceed your initial scores, except on rare occasions.

Skill
This score reflects how well you can fight and use a weapon. This is the only score that can stay relatively unaffected.

Stamina
This score reflects your well-being, your determination and overall fitness. When a stamina score reaches zero, the result is death.

Luck
This score reflects how lucky you are. You can use luck at various times. In battle or in other situations, but be aware that you can be lucky or unlucky. If you are lucky, great, but if you are unlucky then the results can disastrous. When using luck in battles, you can use it to inflict a more serious wound on the creature you have wounded or to minimise the effects of a wound inflicted on you.

I will be making sure luck fair when you use it and be rolling dice to determine the outcome. If you have a higher luck score, the higher your chance to be lucky! Though each time you test your luck, you will subtract on point from your score.

Battles

You will often come across creatures on your travels. Some may be friendly and others may not. At times, you may be given the option of either being sneaky or to flee. Although, if not, or if you choose not to, you will battle the creature.

During a battle, you will be given the creature’s stamina and skill score. Depending on your attacks, movement, and other choices, will depend on the damage you cause and how much is caused to you. Getting damaged will make your stamina (and possibly skill) level to decrease, meaning you will be weaker in the battle unless you manage to restore it. You may have to fight more than one monster at a time, but you will be told how to deal with it when it happens.

If you decide to flee during a battle, then it should be noted that the creature automatically gets one wound on you.

Equipment & Potions

You will start with the bare minimum of equipment, but you can find or buy more during your travels. You are armed with two weapons of choice and your own choice of dress. You will have a backpack for your Provisions and any treasures you come across.

In addition, you may take one bottle of magic potion to help aid you in your quest. These can be taken at any time during the quest, except when engaged in battle. Each potion may only be used once.

Here are the choices:
A potion of skill - restores your skill points
A potion of strength - restores your stamina points
A potion of fortune - restores your luck points and adds one to your initial score.

This thread is only for @Ouijaloveletters and I to continue the story, but if you want to comment on it if you read along, that’s cool, just please blur or hide it on the thread.
Though if you want to be part one with your own character then feel free to sign-up here.

4 Likes

Out in the literal countryside, thick in a forest but right next to a massive lake, lived Yem in her cabin that once belonged to a distant ancestor. The closest town was on the other side of the lake. It was early evening and she was outside, practising her range and aim with her spear. Each time throwing it at a tree further and further away. On the fourth throw, when she went to collect it, she found her spearhead had gone through a typed note, pinning it to the tree. It read, "6am. Black Sedan. Pack.” Her skills were needed again, tomorrow it seemed.

She needed to pack a backpack that wasn’t too heavy on her pack. Of course, her weapons, she carried, along with the clothing she would wear. But what goes inside her pack?

• One change of clothes
  • Some kind of bottled drink
  • 5 items of food
  • Potion of stamina
  • Something that can be used as a blanket (a blanket is fine)
  • And two smaller items of Yem’s choosing

Whether Yem (and @Nil) chooses what to put in her pack tonight or the next morning, they must go out to the waiting car by 6am.

2 Likes

All Yem needed to do when she woke up was to get dressed and get her bag along with her spear. As soon as she read the note on the tree trunk yesterday, she quickly ran back to her cabin to prepare. She didn’t plan to waste a moment, even though she still had a couple of hours before she was leaving; time is gold, after all, and it’s better to do things early than late. She grabbed the only bag she has, going around the cabin to stuff it with things necessary for her adventure. From her bed, she grabbed her brown wool blanket—it was knitted by her late grandmother, and has been a favorite of hers since childhood. She also got herself a change of clothes. She filled a bottle with water full, packed the granola and beef jerkies she got just earlier from the town, three canned meats, and a fresh orange. She didn’t forget to pack her potion of stamina as well.

Waking up just as when the sun rose, she was all ready and all she only needed to do was to get dressed so that she can finally leave for the adventure waiting for her. Not forgetting her spear, of course, she also decided to bring with her a dagger that she secured on her thigh. She was ready to go, but before she left, she got herself a lighter and a towel.

“I’ll come back,” Yem whispered to no one in particular, looking at the cabin behind her for a good matter of seconds before jogging towards the car waiting for her not so far away. She was just in time when she reached it, peeking through the car’s window to let the driver know of her arrival.

Outfits

Worn:

Extra:

1 Like

The driver didn’t acknowledge her at all. Only reached for the button in their door and clicked it. The back door next to Yem opened. Inside the car’s backseat (area) was neither special nor out of the ordinary. Except that the centre armrest was down with something inviting perched atop of it. It was a small thermos of tea and an apple.

@Nil, do you wanna post a reply?

1 Like

Hi, Cal, I’m so sorry I left this for one month :cry: But can I continue without posting for now? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

How do you mean without posting? Do you mean wait a bit longer before you post or that I post? 'Cause I just need to know if she drinks/eats or not.

1 Like

Ohh okay okay :eyes: My bad, I’ll post a little one then

1 Like

Yem stood back up, carefully throwing her bag inside first before her. She closed the car door, slightly wincing at the small pain it caused to her ears. Her eyes wandered around the interior, her attention grabbed by what was in front her. She was tempted to get the apple, but she wasn’t sure if she was allowed to—it wasn’t even hers, she thinks. Yem didn’t really get the breakfast in hurry and excitement; if she needed to, she would ask the driver about it, but he wasn’t welcoming at all and it just took away her confidence to ask him.

So, what she did, was to just stare at what’s in front of her. “Where are we going?” she asked.

1 Like

The shaded driver didn’t answer, didn’t even turn around. Not at first at least. The driver started the engine but didn’t take it out of park yet. Instead, they reached for their own thermos in the cup holder in the middle section and poured the liquid into the lid/cup. Raising the cup to the rear-view mirror to gesture a cheers to Yem before putting it to their lips and drinking, hoping this would signal to her help herself to what was offered.

1 Like

Yem’s eyes followed the driver’s motions, arching her brows as she watched him drink. She felt she was indeed supposed to have hers; and so, she made her way into the thermos and poured herself a cup of it. Raising her cup, though it probably wouldn’t be noticed, she flashed an ingenuine smile and sipped it.

1 Like

Finishing their cup, the driver placed the cap back on the top of his thermos sitting in the cupholder. However, Yem’s drink seemed to have something added to it; tasteless but effective. Once the sip of tea touched her lips and running down her throat, so did the almost invisible traces of something else that it was laced with. Cradling the cup in her hands, Yem blinked slowly at it, realising something was off. Her eyelids were heavier and her vision was blurry. She carefully put the cup down next to her, knowing something was up. Then all in ten seconds. Just ten seconds and her head rolled back on the seat; Yem wasn’t conscious.

When Yem awoke, the car was stationary and her bag was now seated on the opposite side of her. She was in a different car, which was nothing unusual. The sun was beaming down from above, it can’t have been much after 10am. The car was parked on a range of hills that half-circled a forest valley. Not 40 metres away, downhill, was an overgrown dirt path into the trees.

2 Likes

Yem slowly got out of the car, looking around warily. What just happened? She thought in confusion. That stupid driver knocked her out! This was the last time she accepted a drink from someone without watching them pour it. She tightly gripped the straps of her backpack, slipping it over her shoulder. Well, time to get moving. Yem began to walk towards the trees, going downhill. She used her spear to bat away the dense foliage blocking her path.

2 Likes

When Yem was at the bottom of the hill, almost to the forest, there was a short and shrill whistle from back up the hill. The driver’s window had been wound down to whistle loudly at her. The driver had put two fingers to their mouth to do it.
Waiting 10 long seconds, mainly for her to turn, the driver then threw an envelope out the window. It landed on the ground and the window wound back up. The car drove off. The envelope was weighted with a small rock. Along with the rock was a typed letter.

The letter:

Dear Yem,

Here is another task for you to undertake. Apologies for the secrecy in getting to this location, the inhabitants of this valley aren’t too keen on newcomers, so precautions were made. By now, we have become aware of just how far your expertise ranges. We know that the following task will not be difficult for someone of your talents.
Your aim is to stop an impending war between the Pixies and the Púcas. The Pixie prince has been taken by the Púca, and if he is not returned within THREE DAYS, then war will break out. War will be more devastating to this land than the last time, and no one wants that. So we’ve arranged with them to prolong the attack for three days. So make sure you can return the boy before the dawn of day four.
As per normal, your payment will be paid out and waiting for you after the task is complete.

Good Luck.

1 Like

Yem was almost at the forest, when a shrill whistle caught her attention. She turned, only to shriek when a rock came sailing towards her with an envelope attached. Jesus. The driver couldn’t just have yelled at her and waited for her to come back? She shook her head, picking up the envelope and opening it, trying not to think what would’ve happened had she been any closer. Ok…stop a war between pixies and…something she’d never heard of. She was pretty sure pixies were only a few inches tall, so she wasn’t sure how devastating this could be, but still. She was asked to help, and help she would. She just wished she was told where she was supposed to go. Oh well. She tucked the letter into her pocket, heading into the woods.

1 Like

Yem turned back to the forest, as she reached the edge of the trees, she removed her dagger from her belt and struck the vine right in front of her path. It was thick with vines, branches, and overgrown foliage that made it hard to follow the neglected dirt path. Hacking away with her dagger, attempting to clear the way. Fortunately for Yem, she was careful enough for her hands not to be ripped to shreds, nor was she tripped by any roots underfoot.

After about 30 minutes, the vines and branches thinned and it was easier to push her way through. The path turned left ahead, and when Yem reached the corner, she noticed something she hadn’t seen until she was about to turn. Not something, but someone, sitting on a fallen tree trunk on the other side of the path’s corner.
A man, with dark skin that was made darker by the shadows of the trees. He had mid-length dreads that were well-kept for someone sitting in the forest. He wore leather, head to toe, and flashed Yem a smile. “Hello, fair traveller.”

How will he proceed?

1 Like

Yem managed to hack her way through the overgrowth, managing not to get ripped up by the plants. Luckily, the dense foliage thinned after about thirty minutes, and Yem sighed. She turned left, then let out a small gasp. It was almost unnoticeable, but there was a dark skinned man hidden by the shadows. He greeted her with a smile, and she returned it, but kept her guard up. He may be nice now, but that could change. “Excuse me. Do you perhaps know where I can find the pücas?” She asked politely, sheathing her dagger, but keeping a hand on it just in case.

1 Like

Marquise

The girl was polite but somewhat timid. Marquise simply gave the girl a reassuring smile and spoke with a rough voice but soothing tone, “Yes, I believe I know where you could find them. My name is Marquise, and who, may I ask, are you?”

1 Like

The man, now known as Marquise, gave Yem a reassuring smile, putting her more at ease. “”Nice to meet you, Marquise. I’m Yem. I really appreciate you showing me. I wasn’t really told where I was supposed to go, so any help is greatly appreciated.” Yem didn’t question why there was a guy in the middle of the woods. For all she knew, he was a Drayad or something. At least he was friendly.

1 Like

Marquise

The smile never left Marquise’s lips. “It is nice to meet you too, Yem. Not many venturers here,” he mused. He preferred not to leave his spot, but he would mention that to her… well, not directly. “I am willing to tell you in what direction you must stay.” Marquise’s Gaze wandered off to a passing bird that dropped a twig off to its nest and then flew off. “Odd, isn’t it?”, he continued as if continuing a conversation he must have had in his head. Then without much pause, continued with the original conversation as if it flowed perfectly. “How important is the information to you? Would you be willing to answer a riddle for it?”

1 Like

Yem could understand why there weren’t many visitors there. There was no way to get past the dense foliage without something sharp. When he offered to tell her which direction to go, she shrugged. “Alright. Thank you.” The followed his gaze to watch a bird, confused when he called something odd. Wait, what? He then asked how important the information was to her, and she sighed. “Pretty important. I kinda need to stop a war in three days or less. Ok, what’s the riddle?” She asked, hoping she could solve it. She really needed this information.

1 Like