Adventure Story sign-up/discussion

An Adventure Story

Hey, so this will be based on the old adventure stories, where you get to choose your own path. It will be an SG, though posts/chapters will be shorter so that I can ask you for more input and have you more involved. You will all be a “hero” character and work together on the adventure. With the other RPers, you can talk through decisions and with each other, and use each others’ skills to work together. Please read all the information before creating your character.

Please read all the information and if still unclear then feel free to PM me.

Skill, Stamina, Luck

You will give a score for each one, but they change constantly during the adventure. However, totals may never exceed your initial scores, except on rare occasions.

Skill
This score reflects how well you can fight and use a weapon. This is the only score that can stay relatively unaffected.

Stamina
This score reflects your well-being, your determination and overall fitness. When a stamina score reaches zero, the result is death.

Luck
This score reflects how lucky you are. You can use luck at various times. In battle or in other situations, but be aware that you can be lucky or unlucky. If you are lucky, great, but if you are unlucky then the results can disastrous. When using luck in battles, you can use it to inflict a more serious wound on the creature you have wounded or to minimise the effects of a wound inflicted on you.

I will be making sure luck is fair when you use it and be rolling dice to determine the outcome. If you have a higher luck score, the higher your chance to be lucky! Though each time you test your luck, you will subtract on point from your score.

Battles

You will often come across creatures on your travels. Some may be friendly and others may not. At times, you may be given the option of either being sneaky or to flee. Although, if not, or if you choose not to, you will battle the creature.

During a battle, you will be given the creature’s stamina and skill score. Depending on your attacks, movement, and other choices, will depend on the damage you cause and how much is caused to you. Getting damaged will make your stamina (and possibly skill) level to decrease, meaning you will be weaker in the battle unless you manage to restore it. You may have to fight more than one monster at a time, but you will be told how to deal with it when it happens.

If you decide to flee during a battle, then it should be noted that the creature automatically gets one wound on you.

Equipment & Potions

You will start with the bare minimum of equipment, but you can find or buy more during your travels. You are armed with your weapon of choice and dressed in leather armour. You will have a backpack for your Provisions and any treasures you come across.

In addition, you may take one bottle of magic potion to help aid you in your quest. These can be taken at any time during the quest, except when engaged in battle. Each potion may only be used once.

Here are the choices:
A potion of skill - restores your skill points
A potion of strength - restores your stamina points
A potion of fortune - restores your luck points and adds one to your initial score.

Adventure One (complete):

The town of Stonebridge is in danger. An ancient doom is coming and only one object can be used to fight against it, to protect the town. Unfortunately, it’s the legendary Hammer of Stonebridge. The missing pieces of the hammer can be found within the threatening shadows of Darkwood Forest, where all the deadliest creatures live.
You must work together, or alone, to find the Hammer of Stonebridge. You will start your, adventure with weapons, gold, potions, and provisions. Not to mention, you will have a number for each of the following: Skill, Stamina, and luck, which can decrease during battles. So you decide what you do while trying to race through the dangers to find the Hammer and save lives, without dying yourself. Yes, you can fail, and you can die. Many dangers lie ahead of you and your success is by no means certain.
Are you up for the adventure?

Adventure Two:

Death, Traps and Dungeons You have all decided to enter Baron Sukumvit’s “Trial of Champions”. Competing against other adventurers, you must defeat monsters, navigate the labyrinth of dungeons, and collect certain gems, which are the key to escaping and winning the Trial. Can you be the first to return? The first to survive the trial?

FaceClaims:

jdepisode, Now help from a little group. <small.>(Is @jaytastic on these forums)

@wanderingechoes

@FuzilladeBlue - Character is sadly deceased

amberose, Now help from a little group.

@Daunt

@sunflower.flow - Character is sadly deceased

amaiaxx21, Now help from a little group.

@Littlefeets

@katabasis

Miumi.hp, Now help from a little group.

@Caticorn

@katabasis

@FuzilladeBlue

Backpacks:

TBA… Can’t find a save for them, so have to reread to create. Damn it.

9 Likes

Okaaay… So I’ll copy and post the SG thread posts later today (or sort of tomorrow for me).
But I was just wondering if there were any other users who’d like to be part of this. I was looking for a small group, though size doesn’t really matter, who can just vote on the decisions for four of the old characters. They are Aelric, Desiree, Julian, and Samantha. It only involves reading along and voting on a poll and/or answering a question every so often. (Not for those with a living character)
Do you want to be part of this group for me, please?

• Yes, I do.
  • I have a character already.
  • Nah, but I’ll read along.
  • Nah, not my thing

0 voters

5 Likes

Hey guys, sorry that I’ve taken sooo long to get back onto reposting the story here on this forum. I promise to try to be better now.

Just to help motivate me to do this, I was just wondering if there was anyone who has been reading or rereading through the story and what your thoughts were on it? Well, if you had any on it… that’s all…

@katabasis, @Caticorn, @Littlefeets, @Daunt, @wanderingechoes, @Tellyg47, @anon93806337, @sunflower.flow, @duck, @Duckling, @celestialkitten, @fraud, @Dusk, @L.C.R, @SkyWalker, @FuzilladeBlue, and @jaytastic!

11 Likes

BumpO!
Need any help Crazy with anything?

1 Like

Removed and added a tag on the official thread!

2 Likes

Aww, thank you. Sorry that it took me so long but have finally written up the next post.

Great job Caliope, even with the wait! I still love the dynamic between Kathryn and the original group!

Ryn would definitely think about taking the jewels, but she’d probably not risk it.

1 Like

Yeah, sorry for that long-as wait. … HEHEHE. I love their dynamic too. Adding Yoohan to it was fun as well.

Got it. Thank you.

1 Like

Hey guys, so know, the new part is up. The sooner I hear back from you, the sooner I start the next part.

Also, I’m staring an adventure story RP for those who are interested, the info is here. (wink)

@Littlefeets, @FuzilladeBlue, @wanderingechoes, @Daunt, @Caticorn, @katabasis, @Tellyg47, @anon93806337, @ChaoticDeluge, @jaytastic, @Skyler2, @unsungcheerio, @sunflower.flow, @duck, @Duckling, @celestialkitten, @TheDancingFryer, and @WolfGamerGirl37

3 Likes

I think Aelric would try and take the jewels, regardless of what the others think lmao, since that seems to be the way he makes his decisions :joy: I thinkkk Sam might help him too

1 Like

Oooh… interesting combination. I like it. Thank you

1 Like

Due to the fact that Emrys is the type to just generally want to stay on track and keep going, he would most likely continue onward. However he may slide the plate to see if that would allow them to see inside. If it looked like the better path on the other side, then he’d proceed that way. If he can’t see through once the plate is moved though, he won’t care enough to open the door and check the inside.

2 Likes

Cheers. Thank you.

2 Likes

Okay, so guys, you have characters that you either own or have adopted but you haven’t answered yet. Shall I assume you no longer want to choose for them? If you do then please question in the last SG post!

@FuzilladeBlue for Yoohan
@wanderingechoes for Crystal (does anyone know if she’s returning to forums anytime soon?)
@Caticorn for Scarlet
@katabasis for Yeonhwa & Kendra

3 Likes

My bad, I kept thinking that Yoohan was going back to the original user since the platform changed. Lemme quickly run by the paragraph again

1 Like

No worries. Nah, the original was someone who found out to have two accounts, so you’re all gravy.

1 Like

For the fifth and sixth stick, Yoohan would probably be more inclined in leaving the jewels alone. Lot’s of dangerous things have already happened and even with her playful nature, this is another relic that’s somewhat dodgy. She is very interested in what they do if they were to climb for them, but is also just cautious. Perhaps it’s something to regret or not down the road, but there would be better peace if the path she choose was correct.

1 Like

Wicked answer. Thanks. (wink)

Scarlet would open the door

1 Like

Okay, so as @wanderingechoes isn’t active currently…

Is there a user who’d like to adopt Crystal?

Those who showed interest in the poll/thread above:

@anon93806337, @ChaoticDeluge, @Skyler2, @sunflower.flow, @WolfGamerGirl37, @duck, @Duckling, @celestialkitten, @TheDancingFryer

Those from the adventure RP who may be interested:

@Nil, @unsungcheerio, @elixr, @idiot.exe, @passionfruit, @LHT, @Eleven_MA, @ThePoeticRaven, @Eliza

5 Likes