Are You Happy? (mental health)

Sometimes I don’t know how to answer a seemingly simple question like this. Sometimes I’m happy sometimes I’m not, but I would never say that I’m not happy to close-ish friends. I don’t know whether it’s my pride that’s holding me back from actually acknowledging my feelings with other people or if it’s just me not wanting to make someone worried.

As you can probably see, this thread has a couple of polls, with simple questions. All polls hide people’s answers and who has voted.

So the first question, are you happy?

• Yes :slightly_smiling_face:
  • No :slightly_frowning_face:
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Second question, do you feel like you can open up to your family about where your happiness lies?

• Yes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • Some, but not all of my family.
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Third question, do you feel like you can open up to your friends about where your happiness lies?

• Yes :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • Some, but not all of my friends.
  • I don’t know

0 voters

Fourth question, are you okay when you’re alone?

• I don’t know

0 voters

Fifth and final question, would you want to talk to someone about how you’re feeling?

• I don’t know

0 voters

Now that you have hopefully answered the polls above, I shall share my answers.

“Are you happy?”
I was going to say yes but the second I thought about it, my mind said no. I don’t feel like I’m doing everything I’m able to and that’s putting a lot of pressure on me.

“Do you feel like you can open up to your family about where your happiness lies?”
Some, but not all of them. I know I can talk to my mom and my 3rd oldest brother about it, but my dad is old fashioned and he doesn’t believe that mental health problems are real. (specifically anxiety and depression).

“Do you feel like you can open up to your friends about where your happiness lies?”
I know I can talk to my friends about anything, I know that they go through the same thing that I do but in different ways.

hi Izzy I know you stalk my threads :wave:t2:

“Are you okay when you’re alone?”
Most nights, no. I usually distract myself by going on here and talking to my friends and commenting on threads.

“Would you want to talk to someone about how you’re feeling?”
I would because I know it would help me heal. It takes time to heal everything but time doesn’t always do it right. Sometimes all it takes is talking to someone and a new level of healing shows up.

So, you guys 100% don’t have to express in the comments about how you feel, but if you want to talk to someone or just to have a friend then you can totally PM me and we can talk until you feel better and/or pass out from exhaustion. I’m not a therapist by any means but if you want to get something off your mind that’s been bothering you then you can tell me if you feel comfortable.

10 Likes

Can’t post about it rn, but :raised_hands: :clap: Y :clap: E :clap:S :clap:

I will be posting about it later

I has homework to do soo…

5 Likes

Ohhh okay, well good luck with your homework!

5 Likes

idonthavefriends

9 Likes
ifyoudontthinkyouhavefriendsthenpick"i dont know"
6 Likes

same

6 Likes

so we aren’t friends? :pleading_face::crying_cat_face::broken_heart::eyes::sparkles:

5 Likes

Bump

3 Likes

dunno why I’m sharing this, but oh well.

I don’t know if I’m unhappy, but I’m certainly not happy. It’s hard to define really. I enjoy certain things, but I’m not happy. I have a diagnosed depression, so there’s that. I’m not on meds, I also don’t really know what caused it, but now I kinda learned how to cope with it.

I don’t. We have very little understanding of each other. And it’s hard to talk about where your happiness lies if you dunno it yourself.

Same. But I have a couple of friends that I can be more open with.

I enjoy being alone, but I can’t stay alone for long. Kinda paradox. I purposefully avoid people’s company, may it be home, or work, or just a street. But if I’m alone for more than 2 days, I get very anxious, up to panic attacks, sometimes violent outbursts. Took me some time to figure it out, so now I visit relatives a few times a week to avoid it.

Not really. I was talking about it with a lot of people, and it didn’t help me, doesn’t matter if it was a family member, a friend or a psychotherapist.

5 Likes

Am I happy?

Nah.

4 Likes

Wanna talk about it?

4 Likes

I guess.

3 Likes

If you don’t want people to know, then PM me. :blush:

4 Likes

I guess i’m happy, i have all the essentials, a home, a family, friends just not enough education. I’m good. :+1:

3 Likes

we ARE friends! i was talking about IRL friends :scream:

5 Likes

I’m not happy. :v:t4:

3 Likes

I :heart: you

4 Likes

Some days, I’m happy, other days I’m not. :grin:

3 Likes

Happiness is complicated. Most of the time I only realize I was happy when it has passed and I am down again… Recently I feel like my life is pretty okay tho and I smile way more than I ever did and just in those little moments I can feel happy but it’s still complicated.

I can’t be open about my mental health with my family but I have friends who really supported me so that’s a really good thing!

3 Likes

Happiness is a strange thing, indeed…

2 Likes