Bane of Degradation - Official Roleplay

In the kingdom of Sikar, a land surrounded by water, an organizsation called “Lastita Royal Order”, works under the name of the royal family. The organization is located in the capital city, Basall, a city where creatures of all species live together as a community. as relatively new members, you do not yet have a permanent unit. During the debriefing of your latest mission, something happens that leaves each of you with an unpleasant feeling. Reports come in of creatures behaving aggressively and outside their natural behaviour.

As members of Lastita you will work together to solve different cases that will take you to different corners of Sikar. As you work on other cases, keep your eyes open for unusual phenomena and behaviour of the creatures of Sikar as well as your own teammates.

No character will be killed unless given permission by the owner.

This rp is partly an open world rp, you’re not obligated to work within a timeframe. You’re always welcome to ask me for a case to solve or and if you want, make your own case and challenge your fellow rp’ers to your own case. HOWEVER, you don’t need to always be on a mission. you’re free to also move around, do other things and have your character explore this wonderful island while they are off duty.

During the rp, strange things will happen to your character which may require you to preform an action given by the Meeke. If this is not preformed, I may have your character act for you, know this, and go with it. This rp is meant to put you into situations that will challenge you.

This rp is meant to challenge you as an rp player both as a beginner and as someone who has been rp’ing for a while, so don’t feel discurouged if you aren’t sure what to do. I’m always here to help and see these situations as an fun challenge to explore new ways of interacting and rp’ing!

IMPORTANT NOTE!

1. For those who use colour for their character dialogue: YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO USE PURPLE OF ANY SHADE. The reason why will be explained during the rp.

If you’re unsure about your colour, just double check with me and I’ll let you know!

1. Magic that is considered “dark magic” is forbidden within the kingdom. HOWEVER this doesn’t mean that all magic types that involve dark magic are unusable. Some of these magic types will just be nerfed.

If you’re unsure what this means for your character, you can dm me anytime. Here are some examples:

Necromancy: speaking to spirits is allowed, summoning the dead isn’t

Blood magic: blood healing is allowed, blood control isn’t.

1. Your character doesn’t need to have magic. They can also just be humans with weapons. There are some modern weapons like guns but those are still powered with a magical artifact so if you pick your weapon, keep in mind they are in the fantasy theme. Xd.

1. You’re encurouged to make your own species in the sign-up there is an option to go through an worksheet that can help you if you want or you can write a base down.

1. if you have at any point a question, feel free to ask. I will be making an DM with every user anyway as they have signed up for ingame information that is only for that user, and it’s also a place if you have questions.

1. You don’t really need a reservation, but it’s nice to know how many I’ll prox have.

as for limit how many, I don’t mind how many but make sure you’re able to manage them, and please as we need missions for people to do, make sure to think of some cases as well if you have a big amount of characters just because I’m not able to make infinity amount of cases while also keeping track of the rp machanics.

Links:

Sign-up

FC if there is information that only I should know (put that like this in the sign up thread () )

Location (not yet done but I’ll give it for players if they want to add the place their character grew up)

Species Info (this one is will always be open to be edited in case you want to add to your species).
Mission Board (gets updated with new and harder missions as we go on)

it is time!

@Ouijaloveletters @Tina.G @Bluecookies @idiot.exe @OhSumana @bpalmer

3 Likes

D&A|690x153, 75% It is a year after the new recruits began the arduous training that prepares them to become members of Lustita Royal Order (LRO). After six months of training in Tore and six months of shadowing veteran recruits, they have managed to become official participants. Today starts their first day as an official. They should have gathered in the meeting room by now. It wouldn’t be surprising their higher-ups come along to “welcome the newbies”. With a sigh, Dux closes the folder with profiles of the new members. He puts them in his drawer just as Amissa comes in. Her face has a sober and nervous smile. Are you sure you feel ready? Dux asks while signing. She nods and walks towards him. He stands up and gives her a hug. It’ll be okay he signs as he gives her a smile. I know she signs back with the soft smile, which is the only smile Dux has seen in the past year. They both take a deep breath before leaving his office and walking towards the meeting room, where all the new members are already waiting. Together they walk to the front, and Dux stands in front of the desk, with Amissa in formation next to him. Good morning everyone, and let me congratulate you again. After a long, hard period of training, you have managed to succeed. Starting today, you are no longer trainees but official members. This means that you will no longer participate with the other members in missions, but you will get your own cases. Because you do not have your own unit yet, you will work together during these cases until we see that you can work well together and create a permanent unit says Dux while also gesturing. then he hits his hand on a board next to him with leaflets on it. "These are your first cases, these have been chosen by me because I know they are suitable for your level and knowledge. Make no mistake when I say that these cases should be taken as real and seriously as they are for your higher ups. These missions are intended to give you a feeling of what it is like to be responsible for your actions and to deal with the consequences when you make a mistake.
"
Dux explains in speech and sign before looking at Amissa.

suddenly, as quickly as each being blinked, you are individually enveloped in darkness. There is nothing, just an icy wind that howls like a high-pitched scream. slowly the wind begins to turn into whispers of incomprehensible languages. Until this one fades into wailing and eventually grows into screaming. so many voices screaming in your ear at the same time that it makes you dizzy. and then…

"Most of you will have already seen each other during your training, but the one next to me will be a new face to youDux continues, like nothing happened. it appears that the whole ordeal happened in the timeframe of a single blink. As you look around, it looks like no one else has experienced the same as you, and as Dux’s speech continues, you brush it off as simple nerves playing tricks on you. This is Amissa, just like you, she will start with missions from now on and slowly build up after a year out. She is also the reason you learned sign language during training and I expect you to treat her with respect. She will build you up and grow with you, but Amissa is also your higher up." Dux says sternly and he looks at Amissa who gives him a nod.

[Hi everyone, it’s good to see so many new faces who strengthen our organization and expand our family. For some this will just be a job, but for others, like me, this organization will be a new opportunity to start over and become a home. The colleagues you will have will become companions with whom you create a strong bond. You must be able to trust each other and support each other,] Amissa signs smiling warmly towards the new members, before she looks back at Dux, who nods. For your first mission, I will let you choose the case and your partner. After your first mission there will be times when I assign you to a specific mission if necessary, so be aware of this. He explains and then grins is a warm and friendly tone. "Then all I have to say now is , success, enjoy and make me proud. The badges you wear aren’t just decoration. They are the symbol of the royal family and proof of your achievements so far. They will also give free access to the teleportation portals and can only be seen by everyone who also wears a badge, so we can recognize each other even when we are in cognito"and with that Dux ends the briefing of the new members and leaves the rest to the briefing on the missions.

ORP From now on, you’re free to pick one of the missions on the Mission Board. You can use the chat group to pair up, and if you have a lot of characters you don’t need to have them all join missions, there’s plenty to do aside from it. some of the missions may look dull but I’ll let you know, that’s not the case xd. have fun and please keep in mind that what if you know secrets, to keep those secrets :shushing_face: Have fun!

3 Likes

Flayke yawns as he waits in the shadows of an alley for the two new members of L.R.O. he looks like a habit to everyone who passes by, even though he is actually retired. Dux had just been contacted by two new members who would take up the situation surrounding the missing boy. Knowing that the two probably had to pack first, they should arrive any moment now.

That’s when the teleport portal starts to glow and two shapes emerge out of nowhere from a glowing dust. he approaches them with a chuckle when he sees that they are not used to the feeling. Both young members look sick. “Try to get used to it, these sweethearts will be your best friends during your missions” He says in his low and calm voice. Then he extends his hand. “Flayke” he says. “I am responsible for asking for help from L.R.O.” He explains before realizing that both are curling up in the cold. “Come on, we’ll discuss the rest inside” He says and turns around. “You will stay at my house while you are here,” he adds and he starts walking towards a warm house made of wood and stone.

The inside looks like a cozy hut with a fireplace as a beacon of warmth for the new members. He offers both a warm cup of Honey Milk before walking away, leaving the members to warm up. “I’ll briefly explain the situation to you,” he shouts as he digs into a drawer. Then he returns and throws a light blue crystal at both of them. “These crystals have a cold resistance spell on them. Attach it to your badge so you can withstand the cold,” he explains before he plops down between the two. “Now on to the boy. His name is Flurris” as he explains, he creates an illusion showing a happy looking Boy. “He is a sweet kid, no parents but he enjoyed himself anyway. He gets bullied a bit but he’s strong. A few days ago, his magic awakened and this went wrong. Due to his emotional state he could not control his new magic and his best friend was seriously injured, this friend is currently being helped by healers and is stable. Because of the fright, Flurris ran away and we don’t know where he is now. We called you because his magic is very strong for his age and his emotional state are unstable. We fear he will be controlled by his emotions and use his new magic against the people who have harmed him,” he explains. “It’s too dark to look for it now so we’ll continue tomorrow, take this time to rest and get to know each other. If the situation turns into what I think it will be, you’ll need each other. I’ve heard that you’re all new, so use this time to find out who you’re working with,” he advises before walking away. “Oh and you share a room together…As well as with Flake. He demands cuddles and snuggles and won’t take no for an answe, See you tomorrow” he adds before going up a steep staircase. “Your room is also here by the way, first door on the left!”.

@OhSumana
@idiot.exe

there is no time frame, use this to have your characters get to know each other, once you feel like moving on, just make a post and @ me, I’ll make a timeskip and help move on to your mission. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

After the new recruits received the speech, Rhydal’s first thought was to partner up with Ivadriel. But Ivadriel, being as impulsive as ever, had decided to split up and “prove himself”. Now not only did Rhydal have to worry about his task ahead, but Ivadriel as well. Regardless, he came prepared. As soon as he paired up with Yuuta, he began planning and packing supplies for the mission. It was the first time he’d be completing a task without a superior, there wasn’t a better time to give it his all and prove his worth.

The portal glowed and the two arrived at Tore, and a second after Rhydal felt overcome with nausea. He took a deep breath, his body stiff and unmoving. The cold air chilled him to the bone, no amount of layers could’ve prepared him for such a region. The only thing he reacted to was the introduction, giving a short nod and replying “Rhydal.” As the man led them to the cabin, his walk was quick to escape the discomfort.

When they made it inside the house, Rhydal sat near the end and leaned against the armrest. As he was tossed the crystal, he caught it and immediately attached it to his badge. The side effects from travel were slowly wearing off and he felt his head clear up. Rhydal listened carefully to Flayke’s explanations and made sure to take a mental notes about any detail that could guide them. He nodded occasionally to show he’s listening, but otherwise stayed mainly silent.

Once it was finished, Rhydal leaned back and let out a sigh. He slowly turned his head towards Yuuta, who’d been with him the entire trip yet they’d barely spoken. He wasn’t sure how to start. The instructions were to get to know your partner, but Rhydal’s head was clouded by possible solutions to the case.

He cleared his throat. “I’m glad we got this opportunity to work together,” he stated, his tone and expression cold. He remembered seeing Yuuta use sign language at times, so Rhydal began to interpret his speech as well. “I know we’re supposed to get to know each other, but I wouldn’t consider myself interesting. I think it would be more productive to work out possible solutions and steps we could take to minimize risks,” he paused for a moment, before asking, “What do you think?”

@OhSumana :fire: Yuuta
@Meekepeek :fire: Flayke

3 Likes

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ : ᴛᴏʀᴇ

(P.S)Texts within […] are in sign language.

Transferring from the previous department and enlisting for the LRO virtually seemed like a major in life more than it actually was. Regardless, it was a day Yuuta wanted to approach with a positive attitude, even though the nervousness about leaving his previous acquaintances behind and working with someone completely unfamiliar was always lurking in the corners. However, being the same conference room with other cadets, his senses caught up something oddly familiar. In attempt to steel his nervous, the familiar feeling was ignored. ‘Nothing good will come out of it.’ - he decided. Additionally to shake off the feeling, he opted for the very first mission he laid his eyes upon and coincidentally was paired up with a person who seemed to have a fiery vibe to him. He didn’t exchange any words and Yuuta was too insecure due to his own presence around him to do anything more than a little smile and nod of greeting. ‘If he really has fire related abilities, it should be fine, right?’

They were dismissed right away and soon it was time to get teleported to the meeting point at Tore. Yuuta can had yet to get used to this. As soon as they were on the other side, the dizziness hit him and he covered his mouth to inhale through his nose,taking a solid minute to compose himself. But the moment he got over the dizziness and he was aware of sudden drop of temperature. Though, he stiffened up as soon as he realised the person they were supposed to meet was already standing in front of them. He gave an awkward smile and signed a greeting, before they followed him inside a warm and cozy house.

Holding his palms close to the flames to warm them up, he noticed a fluffy creature walking around. He crouched down and smiled at it, closing his fingers into a fist and extending his hand to it. Before it could respond, Flayke came back and Yuuta stood up, learning more about the mission and the boy related to it, along with his companion. Yuuta and Rhydal, despite being complete strangers, it seemed to show a great deal of interest at both of them. So when Flake was allowed to stay the night with them Yuuta happily picked him up. When Flayke was about to retire to his own room after showing them theirs, Yuuta gently tapped his arm and signed.[Thanks for the crystals. Have a good night.]

When Yuuta finally turned to his companion, he was already talking. Thankfully Rhydal talked slow enough for Yuuta to read his lips, so he managed to get the gist of what he meant, despite missing probably a few words from the beginning. Yuuta put Flake down to reply to him. [Since our mission involves dealing with a child, it seems like a sensitive case. I think he meant that we get to know each other so that we can be on the same page, during the mission.] He sat down across from Rhydal. [And it doesn’t hurt to get to know a fellow cadet a little, one would be potentially working with for days to come.], he added.

[I didn’t get the chance to introduce myself. I’m Yuuta.], he said, signing the letters of his name. It was a little inconvenient but thankfully his name wasn’t too long or difficult to pronounce.

‘Being on the same page’ would mean having a good enough communication, which led to a topic Yuuta hesitated to bring up. But it was better to address it now, than Rhydal finding out later and blaming him for hiding it from him. And it could get in the way of their mission. The last thing Yuuta wanted was to be a burden. [Uhm…Regarding speech, it would be nice if you could look at me or tap my arm when you speak to me. I can’t hear.]. Yuuta reached his hands out for Flake and picked him up when he didn’t seem to mind it, but kept his eyes of Rhydal for his reaction.

[It’s only for talking! Other than that, you don’t have to worry about me holding you behind.], he quickly added in reassurance, but he wouldn’t be surprised if Rhydal was mad about it.

@Meekepeek - Flayke (mentioned)

@idiot.exe - Rhydal :fire:

3 Likes

An awkward silence followed after Rhydal spoke and didn’t get an answer. Communicating casually with other people was always so difficult, he never learnt the proper etiquette. So at that moment, it was unclear to him whether he said something wrong, or if it was his teammate’s problem. In fact, Yuuta had a certain eerie feeling to him, but Rhydal couldn’t exactly pinpoint what it was. He just knew something was off.

But once Yuuta put Flake down and started signing, the realization dawned on Rhydal. He facepalmed internally, his expression going blank. Yuuta likely couldn’t hear him.

Rhydal followed up with a nod to show he understood. [My name is Rhydal,] he signed in response, going over each letter for his name. [But if it’s easier, you can call me Fox.]

After Yuuta explained he can’t hear, Rhydal made sure to take note of how he should communicate. He felt a bit guilty for not realizing or asking sooner, all because he was caught up with the mission. With another nod, he continued. [Thank you for telling me, that explains a bit.] He gave him a faint smile, attempting to show understanding. [And, I’m sorry. I should’ve known. Is there anything you need me to repeat?] he asked.

Rhydal found himself a bit distracted by the creature in Yuuta’s arms. He smiled warmly at it, before turning back to his teammate. [I suppose there are things you should know about me as well. I was born with fire magic, but it’s not the most stable. That is, unless I use it in small amounts.] He figured it would be best to reveal his weaknesses from the beginning, so there are no surprises when they both start their task. [But don’t worry about that, I prefer to use weapons and gadgets. I have a bullet firing weapon I know how to use best, but I also keep back-up alchemy bombs and a knife. My fire magic is a last resort in combat.]

3 Likes

That went better than expected. Yuuta was so very glad when his condition was taken as casually as possible by Rhydal. He did not like making a huge fuss about it and Rhydal respecting that showed his sincerity. The hints of guilt on his face of potentially misunderstanding Yuuta, was the giveaway that he must have missed a chunk of words earlier. Rhydal’s lips had been already in motion when he turned to face him.

Once Rhydal finished spelling out his name, Yuuta pieced them together mentally, repeating his name in his head. Then he gave a nod of greeting once again. [Nice to meet you, Fox.], he responded, using the “fox” sign to refer to him. Similar to Rhydal’s approach, it should be inconvenient and time-consuming to sign a bunch of letters for his name as well. [My name means “One with many friends”. You can refer to me using the “Friend” sign.], he added, as a solution to that.

Yuuta mirrored Rhydal’s understanding smile, when he apologised for not being aware of his condition and asking sooner about it. To be fair, Yuuta was equally to blame for introducing himself in the conference room after they got paired up for this mission. The anxiety of first day must have gotten to him. He waved it off by responding, [Try not to feel too pressured about it. It’s all good. I can read lips once I get used to the pace of one’s talking. I think I got the most part. You were talking about the mission and minimising its risks, right?]

Yuuta was petting the creature as Rhydal began to explain about his powers and even stated its shortcomings. Flake must have noticed Rhydal giving him attention, so it leaped out of the couch and ran off to Rhydal and began to sniff his legs. Yuuta knew that being on a mission, he should be wary of everything. Given their continent’s vast diversity of beings, it could be someone in disguise for all he knew. But if Flake was just an adorable pet, it would be all a pointless worry. Yuuta had decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Should any complications arise, they would just have to deal with it accordingly. ‘Plus, he’s too cute to ignore.’, Yuuta thought.

[That’s amazing. Having a fire mage in this freezing weather is definitely a life-saver.], Yuuta responded, reverting his attention back to Rhydal as he confirmed his assumptions. Even that aside, having so many gadgets and trinkets in his disposal alone made him commendable asset. Additionally, Royal Order’s training would have refined his skills to their best. [You sound very talented, since you know how to use so many things.] Yuuta pointed at himself. [I’m a Sukumé sorcerer. I use a Katana.], he stated plainly , patting on his katana-bag.

Getting the introduction part over with, he moved on to discussing specifics of the mission. [By the way, if I got what Flayke meant correctly, we’ll have to go out and look for the boy, in the morning. We might need to scatter to cover more area. I think we should come up with a long-distance communication method. What do you say? Do you, by chance, have any signal flares or smoke guns?] It was probably better to make all the emergency preparations before heading to bed with a clear head. The sooner they find the poor child lost in the woods, the better. Even as a native to this land, who knew how the kid was faring out there all by himself.

@idiot.exe - :fox_face::fire:

3 Likes

Talking to Yuuta had made Rhydal realize just how little he knew about social conventions, to the point he forgot to say “nice to meet you.” He quietly sighed in disappointment of himself. The conversation had just started and he was already doing horribly. Not to mention, having to speak in sign language only added an extra challenge. He’d only used it in class settings thanks to his training, but actually communicating felt strange. When Yuuta gave him a word to replace his name, Rhydal nodded in understanding. [Then, nice to meet you, Friend,] he smiled. Hopefully he’d prove to be as trustworthy as his name suggested.

Rhydal’s apology was met with an understanding smile and he felt a weight lifted from his chest. Since the misunderstanding was cleared up and there were no hard feelings between them, it made him feel like he could move on. Rhydal watched as Yuuta explained his ability to lipread, taking note to speak slower if there was ever a time he couldn’t sign. In the end, he seemed to understand the gist of what Rhydal was saying. [You’re correct, I thought it would be a good idea to plan something ahead, so we don’t go unprepared tomorrow. The earlier we leave, the more time we’ll have for our mission,] he explained. [But if you’d rather rest, I wouldn’t mind,] he added, making sure he’s not pressuring Yuuta.

After he finished his explanation about his abilities, he felt something touching his legs. He turned his head down, noticing Flake had moved over to him. It wasn’t a creature he was familiar with, but it was likely an animal of some sort. Judging by the others’ reactions, he doubted it was dangerous. Rhydal leaned over and extended his palm with a wide smile. After letting it sniff him, he gently pat its head. He then spread both his hands out to pick it up, but hesitated quickly after. Maybe it didn’t want to be disturbed. He retreated and leaned back against the seat with the straightest face possible, as if he wasn’t about to cry at the cuteness of the creature. He turned his attention back to Yuuta.

When Rhydal mentioned his abilities and fighting style, a compliment was the last thing he expected. He froze up, his cheeks going slightly red. Responding to praise was always near-impossible. He looked away for a second, before turning back after realizing he wouldn’t be able to see Yuuta signing. Clearing his throat, Rhydal spoke, “Thank you—” before cutting himself off. He took a deep breath. [Thank you, but I wouldn’t consider myself anything special. This isn’t a talent, it’s what’s expected of us humans, right?] he explained with slightly shaky hands. It was what his father had told him ever since he was a child. Humans need skill in order to survive in this world, it’s their duty as a “versatile” species to learn as much as possible. He returned to Yuuta’s ability, a sorcerer of some kind, but he didn’t quite catch the sign before it. [Could you spell out what kind of sorcerer you are? I’m not sure I’m familiar with a Sukumé.]

Introductions aside, Yuuta did in fact seem up for planning a strategy. [Yes, you understood correctly. Unfortunately, I don’t have anything for long distance communication. I only packed what was necessary in case of a battle,] Rhydal explained. He leaned on his palm as he thought of a possible solution, his brows furrowing in concentration. There was only one way he could think of to communicate with what they already had. [I could shoot a fire signal into the air,] he suggested. Since Tore was an icy region, there wasn’t any risk of him burning things down. [But I’m not sure how you could contact me in return. Do you have any special abilities? Or, maybe a specific sound you could use to alert me?] he asked, attempting to find solutions.

3 Likes

Even though Yuuta had reassured him to not feel pressured about anything regarding himself, Rhydal seemed quite flustered for a number of reasons Yuuta could only wonder. But after these years…he was used to it and never seemed to mind it. He would be the same if the roles were reserved. For now, he left it be. ‘He’ll come around.’ - Yuuta decided. Although from Rhydal’s reactions, it seemed he was quite young, or at least younger in spirit ; you could never tell with the variety of aging properties thousand something of species inhabiting Lastita, possessed. All in all, it was a refreshing sight. He nodded to Rhydal’s greeting.

Back on the topic of the mission, Yuuta shook his head. [If you’re alright with us brainstorming now, then I don’t mind either. To be honest, I can’t sleep soundly knowing there’s a child missing with no news so far. I’m sure you noticed how cold it was without the crystal even for us grown ups. I can only hope that the kid is surviving, when it’s quite literally freezing out there.] Yuuta sighed. The situation left a bitter taste in mouth. [There’s a lot of things we don’t know. Such as what Flayke’s relationship is with the boy and what exactly happened before he went missing etc. Maybe we’ll get those answers tomorrow. But of course, adequate rest is important so that we can save the kid and excel our first mission. So, once we’re done with this problem, we’ll get you and that fluff ball to bed. How about that?], he added jokingly to make the mood lighter and chuckled.

Yuuta could not but smile with his eyes almost closing in mirth, at the sight of Rhydal’s cheeks flushing with a shade of red at his compliments. ‘He seems a good and genuine fellow.’ - Yuuta thought of him. [I suppose it’s your “Skill” then. Either way, you seem a competent person. Talent and Skill go hand in hand, after all.], he replied, before Rhydal asked him about what a Sukumé sorcerer was. Well, he could not say it was unexpected. The Sukumian policy of monopoly of information be d@mned. [Ah, of course. The label of “sorcerer” might seem be a bit deceiving because Sukumés are a martial species. Our combat style is more warrior-like, than that of a typical sorcerer, as most of us use weapons. We infuse, what is generally known as “mana”, into our weapons from our body and fight with it. The sorcerer part is that every Sukumé above a certain grade has a unique awakened ability. That’s about it for the most part.], Yuuta explained and kept it at that.

The fire mage’s signal fire should be the best option for now. But Yuuta couldn’t reciprocate that, ideally. And to be fair, him calling out to Rhydal would be limited to a certain range. For all he knew, any unfamiliar noise could alert the kid even more. [If you’re in hearing range, I can call out to…], Yuuta stopped signing mid-way, as the realisation occurred to him. [One second, please.], he quickly signed with an apologetic look before reaching for his luggage leaning against his seat. Rummaging through it he took out a couple of items - A Lighter and a tiny box. Yuuta opened the box to show tiny orange crystals like candy sugar. Handing the box over to Rhydal he began to explain. [I’d packed these in case we needed to make a camp and there’s nothing dry to start the fire with. That crystallised substance is resin. If I burn that with wet leaves, it should be able to produce smoke. Would that work?]

3 Likes

Once the new recruits had been sorted into their groups, Amissa found herself alongside Kirara and Ivadriel, selecting the escort mission. As they made their way, Dux, tapped Amissa gently on her shoulder. "Follow me,” he said, gesturing for Kirara and Ivadriel to join them. Together, the trio trailed after Dux, their footsteps echoing softly through the corridors until they arrived at his office. Perching herself upon the windowsill, Amissa posed her curiosity as to why he asked them here, through the silent signs, her fingers dancing in the air. Dux settled behind his desk. “It is important that you understand what to expect,” he began, his voice measured and grave. “The one you are to escort, Aevus, is…peculiar. Her mind is sharp, yet her social graces leave much to be desired." He paused, a plea in his eyes as he implored them to heed his warning. “Please, remain friendly and patient in her company. She may test your patience, but she is an important guest of the king and under our protection nonetheless." Dux continued, outlining the details of their mission with a practiced ease. “this afternoon you will be meeting the grandson of a dear friend of mine in Andford, Aevus will arrive early tonight. From there, you are to accompany her on her journey. She prefers to travel by foot, taking in the sights and sounds of the land as she goes. Your task is simple: ensure her safety, no matter the cost.” He finished with a smile. “Good luck, and make sure to ensure your first real job” He added.

After departing from Dux’s sanctum, the fellowship agreed to reconvene at the teleportation portal within the hour. This allowed each member to make their final preparations and gather their belongings for the mission. Once reunited, Amissa took a moment to forewarn the others of the disorienting effects they would experience upon their first teleportation. She assured them that this would soon dissapears as they grew accustomed to the magical transition. With that, the trio set forth towards Andford, the bustling city teeming with life and energy. Amidst the throngs of diverse creatures that populated the busy square, a young boy caught their attention as he darted towards them, with a joyful wave. "Amissa!" he exclaimed, enveloping her in an tight embrace. Amissa returned his greeting with a warm smile, communicating with him in the silent language of signs. "I'm doing well, thank you," he replied. The boy, known as Ferox, exuded a playful energy as he welcomed the newcomers with open arms. “Welcome to Andford! I’m Ferox,” he declared with a mischievous grin. "You’re welcome to stay with us for as long as you’re in town." With a generous offer extended, Ferox suggested a tour of the city while they awaited the arrival of their charge, Aevus. “Aevus won’t be arriving for a few hours,” he explained. "So why not let me show you to your lodgings? Afterwards, you can explore the wonders of Andford until sundown." he suggested and Amissa turned to the others to let them voice their opinion and have the choice.

4 Likes

Rhydal watched intently as Yuuta signed his concerns. He fully agreed with everything he expressed. But at the same time, it added to his existing worries. Rhydal’s thoughts began to race, thinking of the things they didn’t know, the things that could go wrong. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, steadying himself so he doesn’t get carried away. With his head a bit clearer, he could respond in a calmer manner.

[I’m sure we’ll find the child, the full year of training wasn’t a waste. I’d like to assume he’s used to the cold weather and likely has icy powers of his own. If he really is as strong as they say, then I don’t doubt we’ll find him alive,] he explained, trying to assure Yuuta and himself in the process. [I’m honestly more worried about the state of his powers. Uncontrolled magic is dangerous, not only for the people around him, but himself as well. It’s the biggest threat,] he added. Rhydal sighed heavily and ran a hand through his hair. He then turned back to Yuuta. [I really hope we get some answers in the morning. A lot is uncertain now. Either way, sleeping under stress isn’t a problem for me, so you can at least count on that,] he chuckled, joining in Yuuta’s effort to lighten the mood.

Even though a bit of time had passed, Rhydal still found it hard to fully recover from the sudden compliment. It was a bit pathetic, how little he was used to getting praised for his accomplishments. Though he still felt a bit jittery, he looked at Yuuta with a plain face and nodded as a thank you. [I appreciate it,] he smiled.

The explanation of a Sukumé sorcerer took the attention away from his embarrassment and Rhydal finally felt like he could breathe. He leaned on his palm as Yuuta explained. Since he could focus a bit better, he remembered hearing of a species like that. He continued, [Now that you explained it, it is a bit clearer. I wasn’t sure exactly how to say it in sign language. And…] he paused for a moment. [I’d assumed you were a human,] he chuckled lightly. [I have to add, though, that’s also an impressive skill. It might not be typical for sorcerers, but it makes it unexpected.]

When they began planning a strategy for long distance communication, Rhydal watched with curiosity as Yuuta dug through his luggage. His eyes lit up when he saw the lighter and crystals, leaning in closer for a better look. He took the box and inspected it for a few seconds, before turning his attention back to Yuuta. He watched him explain, lightly tossing the box into the air. Rhydal then put it down in his lap, signing [That’s a good plan and a pretty secret signal. I’ll make sure to keep an eye on smoke.] he replied, before returning the box.

[Hang on, you gave me an idea.] He unbuttoned his jacket, reaching for an inner pocket. Then, he pulled out a small glass bottle full of liquid, sealed at the top similar to a potion. He handed it over to Yuuta, before he began to explain. [This is an explosive that activates after a few seconds of contact with fire. I made it so I can heat it up and throw it in time without getting injured. This could function as an alternative way to send a signal, if you really need to get my attention. It could be a way for you to defend yourself, too.]

4 Likes

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ : ᴀɴᴅꜰᴏʀᴅ

If she knew beforehand that this conference would be this boring and long, she would have chewed on a cinnamon stick or something, except the conference was not actually ‘long and boring’. Firstly, this type of organised meetings and professionalism were not her shtick. Secondly, she happened to be displacing her displeasure from the presence her heightened senses were picking up, onto the meeting. Thirdly, no matter how much she covered are arms and legs under long sleeves, scars on her face always remained conspicuous, stuck out like a sore thumb. Well, opportunities to live a better life had been finally presented to her on a silver platter, she supposed she should suck it up and go along with everything else that came with it.

Picking up the flyer of the bandit mission, she considered it for a second, then immediately dismissed the thought. Before she could look for the alternatives, she and the another guy were called to Dux’s office, where he explained their mission. As she interpreted it, it was a simple job of ‘babysitting a snobby brat’. Not a chore Kirara looked forward to, but since it paid well, she supposed she could try to put up with this.

As Kirara reconvened with the rest to set out for the mission, the girl, Amissa was explaining the side effects of travelling through teleportation portal. She seemed decent enough. Kirara gave her and the other pretty boy a nod of greeting. As they had been told, going over to the other side through the portal was slightly nauseating but she soon over it and pushed a cinnamon stick between her teeth to distract herself from the uneasiness of it. On the other hand, Andford appeared to be a busy, bustling city. Despite being on the run, Kirara never got the chance to properly travel across the lands. Even if it was a for a mission, visiting new places was rather nice.

“𝑲𝒊𝒓𝒂𝒓𝒂.”, she replied curtly to the cheerful kid who greeted them, and for others as well, as she didn’t bother to introduce herself before. Aevus, their client was expected to join the party later tonight, according to Ferox. Good. Time to dump the bags in the room and look for the grog. “𝑰’𝒎 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒂.”, affirmed Kirara. “𝑳𝒆𝒕’𝒔 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒓𝒊𝒅 𝒐’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒓𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏. 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏’ 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈, 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒚?”, she the blue haired guy.

To be fair, Amissa gave the impression of Dux’s prim and proper daughter, regardless of her lack of speech. Kirara doubted she would be eagerly interested in chugging cheap alcohol down her throat, along with free samples of street food. Still Kirara made her an offer. “𝑭𝒆𝒓𝒐𝒙, 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒊𝒏𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒖𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑨𝒆𝒗𝒖𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝑨𝒏𝒅𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒅? 𝑶𝒓 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒂𝒈𝒈𝒊𝒏’ 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒖𝒔 𝒂 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒓?” , She asked turning to the boy.

@Meekepeek - Ferox

@idiot.exe - Ivadriel

4 Likes

That day, Ivadriel found his hopes and dreams crushed in front of his eyes. What used to be a chance to prove his strength, ended up just another mediocre assignment. None of the options at the meeting seemed remotely appealing, aside from potentially confronting bandits. The initial plan was to plead with his superiors and assure them he can handle a much more difficult task than some childsplay. But before he could even look at the missions, a certain redhead dragged him by his cloak and led him far away from danger. He ended up stuck with an escort mission. The type of mission where he’d be bored enough to meditate while walking.

And in the end, he complied. There was no use in trying to argue with Rhydal, knowing it would only stress him out.

After the meeting with Dux had passed, Ivadriel spent the free hour just relaxing under a tree. There was nothing to prepare, aside from his patience for meeting Aevus. He’d tried to meditate to pass time, but the scene from earlier kept spinning around his thoughts. The darkness, the cold feeling and the voices. It was so vivid, it couldn’t have been another hallucination. At a time like this, he really wished he hadn’t split from Rhydal.

Time passed in the snap of a finger, and Ivadriel soon found himself at the teleportation site with his new team. He’d brought nothing but his giant staff and a fancy mage suit. With a warm smile, he waved and introduced himself to the group, seeking to establish himself as a friendly presence. The three stepped towards the portal, yet even the “side-effects” of the travel felt underwhelming. It was nothing more than simple nausea and vertigo. Ivadriel grit his teeth into a forced smile, gripping his staff and leaning on it for support. It lasted a few seconds, as his eyes grew accustomed to the scene in front of him. A bustling and lively scene unfolded, full of new sights that piqued his curiosity. His eyes practically sparkled in awe as he looked around, almost tuning out his teammates.

Ferox had arrived just in time to welcome the group, and Ivadriel immediately matched his playful energy. “So nice to finally meet you, Ferox! I’m Ivadriel. Really glad to be here!” he smiled. He then turned to Kirara as she introduced herself. “So we finally get a name? Pleasure to make your acquaintance too!” he teased, chuckling. When Ferox made them an offer to explore the town, Ivadriel grinned wide. Those words were exactly what he’d wanted to hear. He almost forgot how bitter he was about the task he received. “Of course I accept your offer! I’d love to stay forever, if I’m being honest,” he chuckled, replying to both Ferox and Kirara.

Ivadriel only understood… Half of what Kirara said. Confused, he hesitantly nodded at the offer of coming with her. “Pretty boy? You flatter me!” He playfully put a hand on his chest, grinning. “I’m coming, why would I not? And Amissa?” he turned to her, waiting to hear her input.

As Kirara asked Ferox a question, Ivadriel only diverted his attention to him, waiting for an answer.

@Meekepeek :gem: Amissa and Ferox
@OhSumana :gem: Kirara

4 Likes

For Amissa, the journey ahead stirred a peculiar sense of unease, the weight of past betrayals lingering in the depths of her heart. Yet, she steeled herself against the tinge of guilt, recognizing this as an opportunity to leave the shadows of her past behind.

When Kirara proposed stowing their belongings first, Amissa nodded in agreement, “Sure thing, sweetheart. But let’s be real, you’ll be lost without me,” Ferox chimed in with a playful smirk, his eyes sparkling with mischief. Ignoring the fact that Kirara’s comment wasn’t directed at him, Ferox couldn’t resist basking in the flattery, offering a cheeky wink over his shoulder. Then he turns towards Ivadriel as he introduces himself. “The pleasure’s all mine, my icy beauty,” Ferox replied with a playful wink, his tone dripping with flirtatious charm.

As they strolled through the bustling streets, Ferox caught Ivadriel’s comment about staying forever. “Ah, you’re always welcome here, darling,” he teased, his grin widening mischievously. “Members of the organization even get the royal treatment, you know, free of charge."

As they made their way towards the harbor, where Ferox’s family tavern awaited, Kirara voiced her concern about timing their arrival with Aevus’. Ferox’s smile widened, a mischievous glint dancing in his eyes. “Oh, my dear, fear not,” he replied, his voice dripping with charm. “I’ve got the arrival and departure times of every ship in these waters locked in my head. As for the ship carrying Aevus, it’ll glide into port just as the sun begins its golden descent. If we’re there to catch that shimmering sunset, we’ll be right on cue.” He explains.

As the salty sea breeze swept towards them, Amissa turned to her companions she suggested, that they explore the city, sharing that she knew a few charming spots but acknowledging that Ferox, might have even more to offer. Yet, she couldn’t help but add a playful warning, indicating that she fully understood if they desired a respite from his endless charms, as he could go on for hours on end.

_
@idiot.exe - Ivadriel
@OhSumana - Kirara

4 Likes

Rhydal was equally concerned for the child in discussion if not more than Yuuta was. Before when Yuuta had expressed his worries to him and now that Rhydal was exhibiting signs of distress as well as unfolding the other batch of problems they might come to face in the worst case scenario while Yuuta observed him over his fingers weaved in front of his face in worry, he saw his own thoughts reflecting from Rhydal’s eyes. On a brighter note, it was a good enough start.

[You are right. The kid must be adapted to this climate by birth. That leaves one less thing to be worried about.], agreed Yuuta, but the frown did not dissipate from his expression. That would mean Rhydal’s focus of the predicament was more a variable factor in unknown territory. Yes, they should ask Flayke about incidents prior to the kid running off, to find any traces that could help them gauge the kid’s level of power. Yuuta only hoped that they didn’t have to hurt the him in any way. At times like this a nullifying device would be a better utility. Oh well , that was not an option right now.

With an audible sigh, Yuuta leaned against the backrest of his seat. At this rate, they were getting nowhere. And one could not prepare for the unknown, anyways. However, he did not miss Rhydal’s chuckle at his attempt of cutting the tension in the air. [It’ll be alright. We’re here to make sure of that.], he signed, with a hopeful smile.

He cracked up a little, in the middle of interpreting Rhydal’s signs as he said he thought of Yuuta as normal human. [You won’t be the first to think so. It’s a fact that we look plain compared most other species with mana.], he replied, still grinning while he moved his hands. [I’ll take it as a compliment, because that means I can blend in just fine. Thanks.]

At Rhydal’s approval of his plan, Yuuta smiled, giving a pleased nod as he said he would keep an out for his smoke signal. He had just begun to put the box of resins and lighter back into his bag, when Rhydal started unbuttoning his jacket and Yuuta gave him a quizzical look. But soon he produced a glass bottle from his pocket and handed it over to him. As Rhydal proceeded to explain the functions, Yuuta immediately felt flustered. [T-this is genius! But this looks like it’s reserved for emergency purpos–I would hate it for you to get hurt because you couldn’t use something like this for defence! I really appreciate the thought but I can’t take this at your expense.] His signs were rather shaky as the gesture put him in a fluster. If it were about explosions, Yuuta could take care of that as a last resort, well, the other Yuuta could. Knowing that, he could not take something so valuable from him. He wouldn’t be able to forgive himself if Rhydal were to get injured bacause of him, in any way.

4 Likes

ʟᴏᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ : ᴀɴᴅꜰᴏʀᴅ

Even though there was barely any interaction at the beginning, from the lively ambience of the port town Andford and spirit of her colleagues, Kirara realised that she landed herself among a zealous bunch, despite one of them being verbally silent. Some things about the silent individual, Amissa were noticeable. She let herself match the gusto of the group, yet remained distant in a sense. Secondly, that innocent looking pretty boy was acting all cheerful and jolly with the other jumpy kid, but he too had an odd feeling to him. And they were yet to meet the client. Regardless, Kirara would be keeping an eye out.

Moreover, the side effects of teleportation dissipating, the soothing warmth of Andford was getting to her. Her fingers tugged at a button of her jacket lightly. In an enclosed room full of men and women alike, she would have given two hoots about the stares on her but here her arms were getting too hot for comfort. She slid the jacket off her shoulders, tying the sleeves into a knot around her waist when he heard the pretty blue haired boy, Iva or something, greet her and tease her about not telling her name earlier. “𝑹𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌 𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒂’.”, she replied to him. Unlike Iva…dre…, his name was hard to pronounce, unlike Iva, Kirara had no plans of settling. Andford seemed nice, most likely had even more to offer, but Kirara’s life had just begun, and she hoped to travel across all the tourist attractions of Lastita. “𝑵𝒊𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒘𝒏. 𝑰’𝒍𝒍 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒚𝒂’ 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕.” , she added, half-agreeing with him.

She did not get the deal these boys were making over her calling pretty boy, pretty boy. “𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕? 𝒀𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒖𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒚.”, she stated as if it was the most obvious and dull matter-of-fact, before he turned to the cheeky flirt, Ferox. “𝑮𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒓𝒔𝒕 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒂’ 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒆𝒓’ 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒘𝒂𝒚, 𝒌𝒊𝒅. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒆𝒓’ 𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒏’ 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒂 𝒕𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒅𝒆, 𝒚𝒂’ 𝒘𝒐𝒏’𝒕 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓 𝒎𝒆 𝒈𝒓𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒍𝒆.”, she replied drily to her flattery, but as soon as he voiced the phrase “free of charge”, her ears perked up. ‘Downtown, here I come.’ She smiled to herself. Maybe Lastita Royal Order was not so bad.

She nodded as Ferox reassured them that all the timings of arrivals and departure of ships here were memorised by him and they would miss the chance to receive their client right on time. “𝑶𝒌𝒂𝒚. 𝑳𝒆𝒕’𝒔 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒖𝒑 ‘𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒃𝒖𝒎𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏’. 𝑫𝒐𝒏’𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒏𝒂 𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒏.”, she suggested and then ignored the rest of the chatter, especially from the part where he started to flirt with Iva. Leaving the kids to their thing, she walked to Amissa and stood beside her inhaling the same salty air. Ferox kid lived here and knew his way around the town. But Kirara had a feeling that Amissa would know the most valuable of places. [Show me the quieter places too, alright?], she signed to her, with a small smile.

@Meekepeek - Amissa + Cheeky flirt kid

@idiot.exe - Pretty boy/Iva/#NameTooDifficultToPronounce

4 Likes

Though Rhydal had tried to assure himself the child would be okay, in truth he wanted to skip sleeping and go searching that same night. There was no time to waste — too much danger all around, too much uncertainty. And even if Flurris survived just fine, who knew what toll it would take on his health. Rhydal was too familiar with the feeling of being completely alone in a foreign land. Though this was the child’s hometown, it was without a doubt just as terrifying and confusing. He sighed, rubbing his eyes.

As Yuuta reassured him with a hopeful smile, Rhydal responded with a weak smile. [We will,] he signed decisively. [I trust in both of our skills. We might not have worked alone, but I look forward to solving this case with you.]

Rhydal didn’t expect Yuuta to laugh when he called him a human. He stared blankly, taken by surprise. [You think humans are plain?] he signed, followed by a chuckle. That was the right word. The reason Rhydal stood out in his hometown wasn’t because he was odd, rather plain and unimpressive compared to the other species. He was glad that his observation was taken as a compliment, since he hadn’t even considered the implications.

After revealing his idea, Rhydal smiled at Yuuta’s compliment. But he then noticed his shaky hands as he continued, as if he felt flustered. Rhydal smiled in reassurance, putting his palms in front and shaking his head. [No need to worry about me, this is one out of three of my explosives. I’ve never gotten to the point of using them, actually, but it’s a backup plan,] he explained. He then reached inside his coat again, taking out two other bottles. He lifted them up so Yuuta can see, before putting them back. Rhydal continued, [And see, it isn’t the only backup plan. As I said, I come very prepared. If you have the means to activate the explosive, then take it. I’d hate for something to happen to you because I couldn’t see your signal on time. It’s much faster than producing smoke, right?]

Now, his only concern was Yuuta injuring himself because he didn’t activate it properly. He tightened his lips as he thought. Nobody aside from Rhydal knew the exact amount of heat and time it took for them to explode. [That aside, they are very dangerous. I’ll need to inform you of the specifics, such as the temperature of the fire and the amount of time you apply it. It’s a tricky process, but once again, it’s for emergencies and I hope it doesn’t come to that.]

3 Likes

This was a problem. Yuuta wanted Rhydal to neither risk his safety for Yuuta’s sake, nor get upset with him since he kept decilining his kind gesture. Eventually Yuuta saw Rhydal put his palms in the air and then take out two more bottles of the same substance, and further tried to dispel his concerns saying that he had come prepared with even more back up plans. Yuuta could not but give in, after that. He sighed and nodded in affirmation, taking the bottle from him and putting it inside his backpack with other essentials, half-reluctantly. [Then…I’ll hold onto it. Thanks.]

For now, both of them reassured each other with words of hope they wanted to hear themselves. Rhydal admitted he could sleep under stress and that Yuuta would not have to worry about it. But Yuuta could not the confirm the fact about himself as confidently as Rhydal. He would try, though. He appreciated that Rhydal could put his trust on them. Even though they had not accomplished anything yet, that made Yuuta feel a little better. Now he would just have to strive up to match the sincerity of the statement with his actions. It would be fine. He had been doing that for as long as he could remember.

Yuuta shook his head at Rhydal’s question about human, regarding how he related his appearance with theirs. [I meant that I have no striking features in my appearance. I have no sparkling or wide-spread wings, no tails, no fierce claws, just average human-like features. You see, I find it fascinating that there are so many types of beings out there, each with their unique distinguishable features.],he replied, which was technically true. [But aside from the obvious other qualities humans have, I think this is also what makes them special, you know. As a blank canvas, they have the freedom to depict themselves however they wish to.], he added.

When the fluffy creature dozing off next to Rhydal’s legs caught his eyes, Yuuta realised it was getting late. This conversation had been both fruitful and tense to some extent. Yuuta stood up, and slid his hand in his pocket reaching for some indigenous sweets (Imagine each of them are wrapped up instead of in a box) he packed for himself for when felt anxious and/or nervous and unwrapped one of them to put them in his mouth. The nostalgic sweetness melted on his tongue. He pulled out another one (the panda) and looked at Rhydal, silently asking him to hold out his hand. [Next time I’ll bring a “Fox”.], he promised after putting it on his palm. [Do you have anything else to say or should we call it a night?]

@idiot.exe - :fire::fox_face:

3 Likes

As the group engaged in their friendly banter, Ivadriel kept his distance by walking furthest away from everyone. Though he carried a smile, he was consistently analyzing and taking notes on his team. Especially Kirara. Her odd speech could be excused by regional differences, but the scars? She looked like a survivor, the most dangerous type of person. It took one to know one, after all.

Ferox, on the other hand, was a little too friendly for Ivadriel’s liking. But it didn’t matter as much, since he wouldn’t be joining them. Iva smiled warmly at his compliments, hearing he’s always welcome filled him with energy. “Oh, you’re too kind, Ferox! I already feel like royalty from how you’re treating me,” he winked back, assuming it was only playful. “But what have I done to earn these compliments from someone as stunning as you? You remind me of a beautiful flower on a summer day.” Ivadriel was starting to enjoy the attention a little too much, he nearly lost focus of everything else.

He then turned towards Kirara, who seemed confused at his reaction to her compliment. “I’m not aware of what a mug is, but I’m assuming that’s a good thing,” he chuckled. His eyes trailed down her bare arms, which were covered in as much scars as her face. Ivadriel’s expression faded and he tugged at his clothes, before putting on a faint smile. “Kirara, don’t underestimate yourself, you look very strong,” he commented.

As his group continued to talk, Ivadriel closed his eyes and took a deep breath, taking in the sea air. He felt his nerves start to settle, but his excitement wouldn’t die down. Ivadriel continued walking almost in a daze, his head turning from side to side to take in the view. The town was so big, he wasn’t sure where to look first. It was nearly overwhelming, watching every person cross by him, each one different from the other. The buildings were tall and seemed to stretch out infinitely down the path. And the promise of seeing a sunset by the sea only filled him with more joy.

As Amissa offered to show them a few places, Ivadriel felt torn. He wanted to see everything, if only there was enough time. He chuckled at her remark about Ferox, but shook his head. “I don’t mind, I look forward to hearing more,” he smiled, glancing at Ferox. “I agree with Kirara, we should get to our rooms as soon as possible. There’s no time to waste!”

@Meekepeek :gem: Amissa and Ferox
@OhSumana :gem: Kirara

Cringing at Iva’s accidental flirting :sob::sob: how do you do this with Ferox

3 Likes

Rhydal noticed Yuuta was a bit hesitant in taking the bottle. He didn’t want to force it on him, but it was for the best to let him have it. [Just be careful around fire,] he warned, before moving on to another topic.

As Yuuta explained his point of view on the humans’ appearance, Rhydal smiled subtly. His words were honest, voicing how Rhydal saw himself and his fellow people. [Can’t disagree with you, we really are unremarkable. But I appreciate hearing your perspective. A blank canvas is one way to look at things and it made me feel a bit better,] he signed. [However, I wouldn’t call myself too ordinary. I am a mage, after all,] he added with a playful smirk.

Slowly, Rhydal was starting to get more comfortable talking to Yuuta. He was easy to get along with, and more importantly, he was open to levelheaded discussions. For the time being, Rhydal couldn’t see any problems arising from their teamwork.

When Rhydal tried to shift in his seat, he felt something weighing at his leg. He looked down to see a sleepy Flake leaning on him, just the sight of it making him melt. He sat as still as possible, making sure not to wake the creature until it was time to go to bed.

Yuuta stood up and Rhydal followed his movements, watching in curiousity as he rummaged through his pockets. He observed how he took out a wrapped item, before opening it and putting it in his mouth. Rhydal then put his hand out as instructed, receiving one of the treats. After inspecting it for a bit, he smiled and nodded as a thank you. He put it in his pocket, replying, [They’re animal shaped? Then I look forward to seeing the fox,] he signed. He turned to Flake for a moment before looking back up at Yuuta. [I think we should continue our discussion tomorrow with a clearer head.] And with that, he leaned down slowly and gently lifted up Flake. It drowsily opened its eyes at being woken up, before settling in Rhydal’s arms. He held it like almost like a baby, smiling down at the creature. Looking up at Yuuta, he gestured towards the room with his head.

Rhydal turned and began to walk towards the bedroom, thousands of thoughts racing through his mind once again. He could only hope he’d live up to his empty promise, that he’d do well and never fail.

@Meekepeek let’s gooo

3 Likes