Blue Royalty | Miscellaneous Thread

Cherry Chapstick

,,,,,,,,,,. 2036 ,,,,,,,,,,,

Sweet - Cigarettes After S"x

Unless” Hera began, once again dropping the act and getting kind of serious when they saw that Daiane looked like she wasn’t taking it as a joke. “Seriously though I’m kidding.” Hera eyed Daiane’s hand, wanting to grab it in order to reassure her, but they stayed still. Not only because of the physical distance, but also the emotional space that Hera kept between herself and others. That would be far too much affection. Too early. No one likes that. Not anyone Hera’s ever known. Not from her.

They continued speaking after Hera got up there. She was getting more self conscious, just not enough to keep her from flirting boldly. It was kind of a struggle not to chuckle when Daiane blushed. Hera was honestly flattered asf. Her old girlfriends all grew up hearing lots of crazy, out of pocket stuff too, so Hera was just a charming pest. Maybe that was what made saying bold stuff so easy for them. Once you hear “Hey there kid, can you help me pull my fake ID out of my v4g?” From a middle aged drug addict on a tuesday afternoon when you’re 8, flirting starts to seem like a walk in the park. Daiane probably heard some weird stuff from her dad too. Since his mind is in one world and his body is in another, and all. Yet for some reason she blushed at HERA. It almost made THEM wanna blush back.

They looked at her shyly, scooting closer to Daiane obediently. “Of course it’s a queen bed, Ane. Or should I say, your majesty.” They smiled and then looked around, taking in the perimeter and putting her hands into little fists, gently pushing them into the mattress like a cat fiddling with it’s paws. Hera wanted to flirt some more, but they honestly didn’t know if Daiane’s shyness could take it any longer, so she bit her tongue on her words.

Daiane said that she was going to sleep, but unfortunately, her plans had been ruined :( And Hera chuckled. They’d probably be putting her to bed soon, but she didn’t want to just yet. She just seemed so approachable to them. Hera could talk to her for hours if Daiane ever let her. She was just so gorgeous, and cute, and kind, and responsible. Out of all of those attributes, Hera could only relate to one of them. (Being gorgeous, of course.) Perhaps kind, if we were talking about the cherry pie that Daiane was baking out of the person Hera was when they met her. Perhaps cute, if she opened up enough. And perhaps responsible, when the high of her teen years disappeared one random night and she woke up sober. “I meannn… I could, but why would you want to sleep when your other half has arrived?! I actually have a king sized bed.” She smiled proudly. And there’s plenty of room for you in it if you ever want to come over. She thought, but she didn’t say it in an attempt to be considerate with Daiane’s fragile heart and rushing blood. They simply gave her a look that said everything on their mind.

Hera was suprisingly quite the happy camper watching Mickey Mouse, goofy reminded her of Daiane, because they’re both goofs. And a little bit Minnie, because she’s so sweet. Mostly Donald though, because of all of his attitude. tHiS iS a QuEeN SiZe BeD HerA. She found a bit of Daiane in everything really, from the flowers at the supermarket to the rising moon. Oh envious moon, it’s beauty was nothing compared to that of Daiane. It killed them to be outside in the cold. Her arms had no goosebumps, but she craved to be shone under her light, for she provides for her what the sky above never could. Hera now has a roof to live under, but Daiane was what was beginning to feel like home.

When Daiane saw Hera crying, they couldn’t help but laugh, leaving the girl’s hand to bury their face in their arms. They looked so stupid!! Hera hates crying in front of people. Like, so much. It always got her picked on in her foster homes. They were always taught that vulnerability is an equivalent to weakness, similar to love, or joy, because too much light will blind a person. So now she felt dumb. All she could do was laugh at herself, there was no use in trying to make it look like her eyes were sweating or something now, Daiane would never judge them for something like this. She felt safe enough to smile. Safe enough to cry.

She realized Daiane was upset, though. And their sad laughter ended. "Hey, don’t be sad.” Hera got closer to her and then paused for a second, evaluating if what she always told her peers was actually helpful or not. In the foster system, the kids usually just told eachother that crying wasn’t going to fix anything ,which is true, but it might sound harsh. “I see you for who you are and I think you’re incredible.” They admitted without reluctance, a but surprised at her words after they left her mouth. She wasn’t upset by them, though. They tasted right.

“That’s probably for the best.” Hera admitted shyly, as Daiane stirred in her seat to face her. At this point, Hera’s eyes just naturally found their way into Ane’s as she sat up, like rockets shooting into the multiverse that was her gaze. Eventually, she felt the need to reassure the girl. So that she’d know that Hera wasn’t just saying what she said to get Daiane to calm down, although it was definitely going to sound more like sobered, unemotional Hera now that she brushed herself off. Thankfully for her, the conversation lost it’s gloominess when Ane grinned and returned the sentiment. “Wow, that’s so flattering Ane” Hera responded sarcastically, putting a hand on her heart. Followed by more sarcasm from Ane when she agreed that Hera’s proposals were completely doable and some of them legal. However, Daiane did seem to have one idea.

We can do this.” Hera’s heart began to thump loudly as Ane got closer, realizing this was all she thought about each night before falling asleep. Every part of her was saying to just run to her, and, for once she listened. Hera put her hands on the girls waist and heaven became a place on earth. Her lips encaved Ane’s top lip, melting them into a slow rhythm as she kissed her. This simple touch felt so warm, and she tasted so sweet. Like cherries, no, like cherry chapstick, just like theirs. It felt like an eternity, which she never thought would happen while kissing this pg. Innocence like this was just so rare, like some red-fruited tree in the middle of a tundra. She wished that it would last an eternity right before her lover pulled away, sitting back on her knees.

But we don’t have to if you don’t want to” Hera rolled their eyes with a smile, pulling her right back in, rediscovering the taste of her cherry chapstick as if she’d gone a thousand years without it, whispering into her lips before kissing her again. “Of course I do.”

The End.

.,,,,,,,,,. @unsungcheerio ,,,,,,,,,

2 Likes

November 16, that was the day Angelina Marion Astor-Burton (Now Astor-Seymour) was born. The day that put Kaida into tears. She had been trying for a baby for a long time, and when she finally got pregnant, a month before the baby would be due, it died. Then the next time she got pregnant, the baby died again. Kane, the name she would have given the baby if it survived, died immediately after birth- yeah life really had it out for her. After that, Kaida and her husband tried again and finally they had a baby that survived. Though the baby was born prematurely and Kaida was worried whether it would be another Kane situation, the baby (Angelina) did successfully survive but Kaida was still worried. She knew that being premature will affect the baby’s growth and lead to a lot of side effects, she also knew that Angelina might not be treated the best within the Astor family community, yes they could have their big family a community and? Either way Kaida was worried.

Kaida glanced at Angelina, who was now 5 and playing with her dolls. Angelina looked just like Jeffrey, which don’t get her wrong, it wasn’t a bad thing but she didn’t really seem to have strong ‘Astor’ features or whatever her cousins and distant cousins called it. This didn’t stop Kaida from loving Angelina, after all why would it? Angelina was the only child that survived, a gift from heaven and although when Angelina grew up she would be considered ‘plain’ by Astor standards, to Kaida she was the most beautiful little angel she had ever seen. She looked just like her father, how adorable.

“Mommy! Mommy!” Angelina ran to her and Kaida’s heart melted.

“Yes, darling?”

“Can I go to Emily’s birthday party? It’s going to be this big.” Angelina widened her hands to show how ‘big’ it’s going to be, “Not bigger than any of my parties of course, but big.” Angelina clapped her hands, “And emily is going to have a bouncy castle, Can we buy a bouncy castle? Mommy mommy?”

Kaida smiled, she could never refuse her little girl anything. “Whatever the little princess wishes” Kaida said bopping her daughters nose as she laughed.

A year later, Jennifer and Cleopatra were born. Kaida has chosen the name Cleopatra for the youngest twin that was born, as Cleopatra looked just like her when she was a baby- with cute chubby cheeks and Jeffrey has chosen the name Jennifer, the name of his late grandmother who he was close to and the female version of his name.

“Mommy, are this my sisters?” Angelina asked as she looked down the crib clutching her mom’s dress.

“They are, aren’t you excited?”

“Not really,” Angelina said and Kaida was taken aback, “Emily thowd me that she was a-adopted and her Mr and Mr. Rowley got her from an adoption center, can we put them in an adoption center?”

“ANGELINA!!! We are not putting your sisters for adoption” Jeff shouted with anger visible in his voice and Angelina scurried to hide behind her mother’s back.

“Jeffrey?” Kaida said with a ‘calm your fcking voice down’ tone before turning to her eldest daughter. “Why aren’t you excited that you have sisters Angie?”

“Because their ugly.” Angelina said crossing her arms, Jeffrey raised a brow at this, “And b-because I don’t want you and dad to stop loving me.” She muttered kicking a piece of paper that she found on the floor.

Kaida bent down, "It’s impossible for me and dad to ever stop loving you, you’re our eldest daughter, we will love you even when we die.

“You promise?”

"I do.

“You promise to love me more than my sisters?” Kaida blinked as she turned to face Jeffrey who responded as softly as he could with, “Honey, as parents we can’t love another child over another”

Angelina snorted, “Sure can! Emily’s parents love her more than her other siblings” Gosh damn, maybe Angelina shouldn’t be allowed to hang out with Emily again.

“Of course they don’t”

“Nuh uh, I saw it with my two eyes.” She said pouting as she crossed her arms. Kaida looked at her husband again and leaned in close to him to whisper, ‘just pretend’

“Ok we promise”

Angelina smiled as she looked down the crib, “They don’t look ugly anymore!!” Jeffrey snorted. “But mommy and daddy will still love me more so-” She stuck out her tongue at the babies who started crying.

Cursed Astor club + young Cleo

If there was something people got wrong about Cleopatra, was her relationship with her elder sister. No Cleopatra didn’t hate Angelina and yes she couldn’t stand the thought of being locked in a room alone with her sister- but she didn’t hate her, their relationship was just complicated. And hate was a really strong word, Cleo liked to think about it as Angelina and her having a mutual disagreement towards each other- but Cleo knew that Angelina didn’t really see it that way.

See, Cleopatra had always idolized Angelina just like Jennifer. She was 5-6 year older than them and the ‘perfect’ elder sister, she would take them on an ‘adventure’ once they learnt to crawl and would play games with them once they learn to walk- Jennifer had learnt faster and Cleopatra became frustrated, why did Jennifer had to learn things faster than her? But Angelina had smiled and held her little hands and helped her practiced walking and her adoration for Angelina grew even more.

According to Cleo, when she turned 7 she stopped idolizing Angelina but in truth her idolization for Angelina grew as she got older though it was more in a jealous way. The thing is, when Cleo turned 7, she noticed how well Angelina and Jennifer (especially Angelina) fitted into their family, like puzzles that were meant to be put together and she also noticed how she didn’t fit into the family at all. She noticed how smart and pretty like a Disney princess her sisters looked like and how she was like Fiona from shrek-meh. And so Cleo began hating idolizing her sisters in a negative connotation. Though, she idolized Angelina more than Jennifer… Jennifer was ok, she was her twin and mom also preferred Angelina over her but Jennifer was perfect- Cleo grabbed her hair in frustration, she f*cking hated that word. It reminded her of everything she was not, her teachers are like ‘humans aren’t perfect and they have flaws and blah blah’ then how do they explain Angelina? Was Angelina not human? gasp or was she a banana monster like she saw in that movie once? Cleo giggled, Angelina did look like a banana and Cleo was more talented that her!! And stronger :triumph: Cleo did martial arts and trained with cousin Gaston to become tough and strong! Cleo also had abs, she said as she walked towards a mirror and opened her shirt to show her stomach- ok, she didn’t have abs but she will soon have them unlike Angelina.

Lmao ok who was she kidding? She felt like a clownish rabbit, Cleo frowned- why did she say a clownish rabbit? Why does February only have 28 days? Why was lime just not called light green? Was lime just trying to be special?

Moving on, today was the Astor family reunion and Cleo was kinda excited. She wasn’t usually this excited for reunions, she was excited because today she would be meeting Artemis- her cousin that apparently no one but the Lucas- Astor (cousin hades and Madeline family) have met before, and if Uncle John didn’t really let anyone see her that would mean he was ashamed of her right? and if he was ashamed of her that would make her the black sheep of the family, the outsider right? And Hades already seemed to hate her and say she’s not a real Astor, so she’s kinda a really big outside, this is great!! Yeah yeah Cleo should not be excited by another person’s sorrows or whatever they preach in school, but she was glad she wasn’t the only outsider in an Astor family. UGH! She couldn’t wait to meet the black sheep, Artemis.

As they arrived in the usual reunion place, Cleo pushed her way through the adults and tried to look for an unfamiliar face- someone that looked sad and could be Artemis. And viola! She found the person putting her feet’s inside the swimming pool water.

“Omg you’re the black sheep” Cleo coughed “I mean you’re Artemis right? i’m Cleopatra you’re cousin”

@Ouijaloveletters - Artemis

1 Like

Artemis Astor was exhausted despite not having done much that day. She blamed the fact that she was at a god forsaken family reunion. God, why? She sighed, putting her feet in the pool. She’d brought a swimsuit, but didn’t feel like getting in the pool. Suddenly, she heard footsteps and a voice behind her. “I-I’m the what? Yeah, I’m Artemis…uh…hi?” Arti asked, confusion written on her face. Was She a cousin she didn’t know existed?
@Kristi - Cleo

1 Like

Cleo stared at her, “You’re uncle John and Aunt Sarah secret child that no one knew of until now, right?” She asked ignoring the girl’s question as she stared at her with big hazel-ish brown eyes. The girl had to be Artemis Astor, her cousin, Uncle John’s daughter- though she didn’t resemble him, she looked just like how Hades described her when he was ranting about her. Cleo smiled, “I’m your aunt Kaida’s daughter” Cleo said as she inserted her leg into the swimming pool and stared at the girl again, making sure to get a good look.

Yup she was definitely the black sheep, Artemis Astor. She had dark hair as described (well to be fair every Astor had dark hair, dark brown eyes and a face like international sugar-pop star (a character from one of her fav shows) Lixie Mandor. Cleo moved closer to Artemis and gasped, Artemis was taller than her and she was younger than her- Cleo thinks, she looked about a year younger than her- Hades age or kinda the same age as Madeline. “i’m 9, how old are you?” Cleo asked as she moved her pat Artemis head, wow- she couldn’t believe she was real. She wasn’t just a myth, wowww.

“What’s your middle name?” She asked as she stared at Artemis. She wanted to learn more about the ‘black sheep’ she couldn’t believe she found another imperfect person eeek!! “Are you into martial arts?” She asked as she moved really lose to Artemis, forgetting Person space was a thing that exited. Cleo also wanted to ask why Uncle John doesn’t usually bring her to family reunions but she knew what the answer was or at least she hoped she was right.

1 Like

“Secret love child? Wha-?” Arti blinked in confusion. “Well…yeah. I guess you could say that.” Oh, it made more sense when Cleo explained who she was. Artemis blinked when Cleo gasped. “What?” She then asked how old she was. “Oh, I’m eight. Like Hades.” Arti narrowed her eyes when Cleo asked her middle name. “Adromeda. Mom and dad are insane.” She muttered, pouting. She shook her head when Cleo asked if she liked martial arts. “No, but it sounds cool. Do you do karate?”
@Kristi - Cleo

1 Like

Sometimes living feels like death - 2023

So what exactly happened after Jessica lost her kids? After… Daniel Parker brought her… practically back from the dead? Would you be surprised that it wasn’t an easy transition? Despite having Jezebel there to help pull her out of her own head, most of the time, Jessica Pierce just wished she was dead. She still just… wished she had died that day all those years ago. Her nights were filled with screams as the memory… the all-encompassing feeling of losing her kids filled her nightmares. The piercing pain in her abdomen was on repeat every single night and the only thing keeping her from falling off the edge was Jezebel Parker wrapping her arms around her and staying with her until she passed out from the exhaustion of crying.

Daniel had forced her out of London and back to his home in Beryl so that he, and Jezebel, could watch after her. Apparently, he didn’t trust her alone… though Jess couldn’t blame him. She didn’t trust herself. Danny had taken over her classes - creating some sort of online AI to basically do all her assignments for her. Honestly, Jessica didn’t know the exact mechanics of it all, and honestly, she didn’t care - all she knew was that she was taking every single day one at a time. If it wasn’t for her cousins, Jessica probably would be in bed all day repeating what had occurred weeks earlier in the crib she bought her child. However, they forced her out… forced her to shower… forced her to eat… forced her to live.

Losing her kids was only one piece of the pain she felt… after all, Jess had lost Dorian too. She couldn’t go to him with this… she couldn’t… ever put this pain on him. Just… imagine the way he would look at her. It was one thing to leave him when she still loved him, it was another for him to know that she lost his children because of her own idiocracy. It had been three weeks since she called him last… since she heard his voice because Jessica was set on him not pushing her away… until her accident that is. It had been 4 months since she had his arms around her body… his lips on her own. When her dreams weren’t filled with the pain she experienced a few weeks ago, it was filled with him: some real, some simply nightmares. The most recent one featured a look of disgust as Dorian realized what had happened, followed by him turning away from her and kissing someone else - followed by… well… sounds she heard that night she had gone back to him.

“What… really happened Jess?”

Jessica was laying in bed as she often did nowadays with Jezebel holding her tightly. It was another one of those nights - 1 am screaming followed by her cousin rushing in and wrapping her arms around Jess until she stopped hyperventilating. To calm down, Jez had grabbed Jessica’s phone and begin scrolling through the photos to try and bring her out of her own head. Jezebel knew how Jessica’s mind worked - how she could enter memory and have it fully take over her senses. A few of the more recent photos was with her and her cousins - a fake smile on Jess’ lips as she pretended to have fun. Though this time, Jez accidentally scrolled back to photos and videos with her and Dorian. Jez was going to close it - realizing what she did but Jess stopped her at a video of her a few days before the break-up.

“I loveeeee youuuu, you bloody idiot,”

Flashback:

A big smile met Jessica’s lips as she stood outside in the rain, looking up at the lit apartment she had come to know so well over the last year and a half. Jess had a little school holiday meaning she had the chance to visit her boyfriend, and wouldn’t you know, it was raining the night she got there. Of course, that meant that instead of coming up to his apartment to surprise him, she simply called him down uncaring of the fact that she was getting drenched alongside her suitcase. Did she scream into his window a few time? Yes. Did the neighbors probably think she was crazy? Very likely. Despite that, I love you were the first words out of her mouth (alongside calling him an idiot because this was jess) as he came outside, immediately wrapping his arms around her body. “I’m the idiot? You’re absolutely crazy Jessica… and I love you for it,”

End of Flashback:

Jess had her video on during that moment, recording as her boyfriend came down to greet her but rewatching the moment just made her… sad. It reminded her that she hadn’t talked to the man in weeks… and how could she talk to him? What would she even say?

“He deserved better than me,” Jess responded to Jezebel’s question as the girl closed the video on her phone. “I’m going to… I’ll be in the bath Jez… don’t worry… I’ll keep the door unlocked,” Jess said as Jezebel resigned any questioning she had about the subject. As she walked towards the bathroom at 1:32 AM, Jess simply sat in the bathtub - no water running as she looked at her phone. Jess didn’t know what pushed her to do it… but she found herself going to Dorian’s Social Media. He looked… happy. His recent photos were with friends… with… girls. Though, seeing something pop up - she found that right as she went on his page - the man had gone on live.

She couldn’t help herself… she clicked it… watching as on of Dorian’s friends met the screen - the two clubbing together. Jess watched as her boyf… her ex tried to grab his phone to get out of the live, though the friend clearly seemed relentless - answering questions that were being posed by the thousands of people who had joined alongside her. Hearing Dorian on the live was the most she had heard from him in months. Though she had heard his voice weeks ago… even then, it was mostly voicemail or he’d pick up, talk to her for a second before making an excuse that he had to go do something and it wasn’t like Jess could visit him. She was… as his coach told her… a distraction.

Though… as she continued to watch the live, she found Dorian practically giving up and walking away from his phone, though the friend turned the camera so they could watch Dorian as a girl immediately walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. Jess heard the friend scream give the audience a show and it seemed the girl conceded because soon her… ex… was making out with the girl. That was when Jess closed her phone, hugged her knees, and closed her eyes. He deserved… he was happy. That’s all that mattered. Did that mean she wasn’t in pain seeing that? No. Rather, her heart was racing. Jessica Pierce didn’t know what happened but… something within her needed to get out. Walking outside the bathroom, she looked at Jezebel who was still on her bed. “Let’s go out Jez.”

Play Feel Like Sht - Tate McRae

Was it a good idea? Probably not - but clearly, her cousin would take any reason to get Jessica out of the house and back out into the real world… or she realized there was no talking Jessica out of it and it was simply better just to tag along. Either way… here she was, at a club where the music was so loud that it was hard to think. It was… the perfect distraction. Well… for a while it was. Jessica didn’t know how long she was there, dancing, drinking… forgetting about all the sht going on in her life. Until… she saw him. Or… so she thought. Jessica stopped on the dance floor, looking at the back of someone’s head on the other side. She could have sworn… it was… was it not… “Dorian?” Jess asked, going towards the man and putting her hand on his shoulder - only to realize that the man who turned around clearly wasn’t Dorian DeLoughrey. “I’m so sorry… I didn’t mean to…”

“Jessica? You’re Jessica right?”

Jess looked up again at the man who looked like her ex, her mind connecting the dots that she did, indeed, recognize him from somewhere. “Jason. I was on the Cerulean High Soccer team with Dorian,” . Great. Small talk that she didn’t want… though… after a few seconds of talking to the man it wasn’t… terrible. She found herself dancing with him… and then… she found his lips on hers. For a few seconds, she let it happen. She let herself lean into his touch… she let herself wrap her arms around his neck because he reminded her of him… he reminded her of the person she wanted to be kissing. But… Jason wasn’t… he wasn’t Dorian. Pulling away, Jess apologized before rushing away - walking outside where she was alone and falling to the floor against the side of the building as she let her head rest against the brick.

Her heart was racing again… and she found herself acting without thinking as she pulled her phone out… calling the one person she couldn’t stop thinking about. The phone rang until going to voicemail… She should have given up there… should have left it at You’ve reached Dorian DeLoughrey. I’m away from my phone right now but leave a message and I’ll get back to you when I can, but she couldn’t. She… she just… needed him… so she tried again, hearing it ring three times before someone picked up from the other end. “H…hi stranger,” Jess whispered at the silence on the other side. Jess could hear the beat of the music from the other end and after a few moments, she finally heard his voice. “Hey…Jess…” Jess heard people talking around him, someone - a girl - clearly trying to get him off the phone. “Hey I’m a little busy…”

She felt her eyes flutter close… just… needing his voice… needing even the smallest part of him. “Yeah…yeah I’m sorry I… I know it’s late I just… never… never mind. I just wanted to call and say I hope you’re having fun and … take a shot for me okay?” and with that… Jess hung up, not letting him say anything else as she found herself alone again. Alone… maybe this was what her life was supposed to be. No kids… no… Dorian… no love… just her. This was… it. Though was that really the case? After all, soon she was joined by her cousin who asked no questions but stayed with her as tears fell down her eyes.

@Littlefeets - Jezebel
@astxrism - Dorian

2 Likes

image (8)

-. - . -. - .-. - .-. - . -. - . -. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .

Cleo grinned when Artemis told her she was 8, “Knew it!” She fist bumped the air, “That makes me your older cousin! You have to refer to me as senior Cleo!” Cleo said with a grin as she pointed to herself, “Come on say it, Senior C.l.e.o” She spelt out her nickname- wait, nickname! She forgot to give Artemis one, and now that she’s a member of the cursed Astor club, something Cleo just made up cough she will need a nickname. Hmmm Arty? Sounds to basic, Madeline called her that before, so taken. Artie? Sounds the same? Missy? Perfect!

“So missy, how is it being the black sheep?” Cleo asked, not caring about how her words my hurt her or surprise her, she was way too excited to care. “We should start telling each other things, being part of the Cursed Astor club” Cleopatra added. “How do you live with yourself? How do you sleep knowing you will never be like your family? I don’t sleep badly, well sometimes but how do you sleep?” Cleo blabbered.

Cleo then asked her what her middle name was, and Artemis responded by saying “Andromeda? Like the galaxy Andromeda?” Cleo asked with a frown, she has also heard that name in this story book about per-per-per, peragon? Shrug, oh well. “Mine is Angeline, basic” Cleo grumbled, she didn’t know what mom was thinking by practically giving her a version of Angelina’s name and she shared the middle name with Jennifer! So it was not unique at all, hmm.

“Yes! But I also do judo, Taekwondo and Sambo- oh, I also box!” Cleo said using her hands to count the things she does, “What do you do?” for a moment Cleo’s nose wrinkled, “Don’t tell me you read a lot of non-picture books like Jennifer.” Cleo groaned “That would make you really boring and add to the reasons why people might find you a bore.”

-. - . -. - .-. - .-. - . -. - . -. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .-. - .

1 Like

Arti blinked. This girl was weird, and that was saying something. “Fine. Senior Cleo. There.” Wait. Did she just call her Missy? Let’s just ignore that happened. “Aren’t you the black sheep too?” Arti asked, giving her large eyes. “I sleep fine. I really don’t care. They’re all buttheads.” Cleo asked if it was like the galaxy, and she nodded. “Yep.” Cleo listed off the multiple martial arts She did, and Arti stared. She glared when asked if she read non-picture books. “I read some. I do like pictures, though. Ever read Peanuts?”
@Kristi - Cleo

1 Like

image (8)

Cleo frowned, “You said it wrong.” It sounded so fake hmm, there was no enthusiasm in how she said it! “Make it seem like you enjoy calling me Senior Cleo”. Cleo gave her a light poke on the stomach. “Are you ticklish, missy?” Cleo asked with a smirk as she shifted closer to the confused 8 year old. Artemis seemed boring-ish but ok, Cleo could make it work. She was part of the ‘Cursed Astor club’ so she will try to make it work and make her less boring and more like Cleo herself.

“Aren’t you the black sheep too?”

Cleo blinked, “Yeah but like it’s different, my parents never hid me.” Cleo smiled, "Besides you’re a bigger black sheep than me and that’s what makes us the perfect duo for the ‘cursed Astor club’ Cleo didn’t mean it to come out as insensitive but she didn’t know which other way she could phrase it. She was just excited to meet another person like her, or another person who was going through way worst and someone to join her club. And besides, Cleo was telling the truth about missy and the situation she was in.

Ok sure, Uncle John was a try-hard and kinda boring unlike uncle Henry but he wasn’t a butthead. And cousin Draco and Drizzy were cool. “He’s not a butthead.” She defendended her uncle, “He’s ok-ish.” She added pointing her finger up.

Cleo frowned, “Does peanut have pictures?” She asked, “If not, ewwwww.”

@Ouijaloveletters - artemis

1 Like

Arti tried not to facepalm “ok, sorry.” She gave a brilliant smile and said “Senior Cleo! There, better? Sorry, I’m not very good at being excited on the spot.” Arti gulped in horror when Cleo asked if she was ticklish. “Uh…no…?” She scooted away. “Yeah, that’s true. Like Bonnie and Clyde! I think…probably wrong duo.” She said, shrugging. “Well, you don’t live with him. If you did, you’d know.” Cleo asked more about Peanuts, and Artemis stood up. “Hold on.” She said, getting up and returning with a book. “Check it out. It’s a comic.”
@Kristi - Cleo

1 Like

image (8)

Cleo frowned, “Well, we know which one of us isn’t going to be an actor anytime soon.” Cleo grumble quietly to herself. It was better than before but not quite, it didn’t have the same enthusiasm as she’s seen Jennie call Angelina. Cleo gasped realizing something, “Is it because i’m not Angelina you can’t act it better? Is it because i’m way to adorable and cute to be seen as a senior?” she blinked, big brown hazel-ish eyes staring at her cousin as she tried to find a way that would prove she’s better than Ang. Though, her cousin probably didn’t even know who Angie was… but who cared? Certainly not Cleo. Cleo placed her hands on her face and gushed, “I’m just so cute it hurts, I don’t see why mommy and daddy prefer Angie and Jennie.”

“You’re not ticklish, Missy?” Cleo asked again an evil expression on her face as she moved closer to Missy who shifted away. “Can I try to see?” Cleo didn’t wait for a response before she tickle-attacked Missy. “Grrr i’m the tickle monster.” Cleopatra laughed at Missy’s expression, she loved tickling people.

Cleo frowned, “Bonnie and Clyde?” She’s never heard of them before but they sounded fun. Were there Missy friends? Someone only missy knew? Cleo pouted, she wanted to know them too- well, maybe she didn’t. Missy seemed to hesitant to mention them, she would ask uncle Harry.

. “Well, you don’t live with him. If you did, you’d know.”

Cleo stood up and stomped her leg on the ground, “I don’t need to live with him to know.” If Missy had called him boring or a try-hard Cleo would have believed it, but she didn’t. Sure, Uncle John would be considered a butthead for hiding Missy for so long and probably being embarrassed by his own child and treated them like a black sheep, but Mom and dad weren’t buttheads and they obviously favored her other sisters above Cleo-they also tend to show extreme favoritism and tends to forget about some of Cleo and Jennifer’s important days but they weren’t buttheads. So obviously, Uncle John wasn’t a butt head.

Missy returned with a book and Cleo made a face, was she going to force her to read a non-picture book? If that was the case, Cleo would remove. her from the ‘Cursed Astor club’ “Check it out. It’s a comic.” Missy said and Cleo’s eyes brightened, “A comic?”

1 Like

Cleo muttered something, but Arti shrugged it off. “I don’t know who Angie is, but you’re definitely adorable. You’re going to get all the boys when we’re older. Trust me.” Artemis yelped when Cleo began to tickle her, toppling into the pool. She resurfaced a minute later, spitting up water. “Might as well go change into my swimsuit now.” She giggled, climbing out of the pool. “Well, maybe he’ll get better. I do love my dad even if he is annoying.” She nodded, handing Cleo the book. “It’s all pictures. I love it.” She said. She was just happy her book was ok. She then ran off to get in her swimsuit.
@Kristi - Cleo

1 Like

image (8)

“And girls? Angelina said she used to have a girlfriend, will I get all the girls too?” Cleo asked batting her lashes. She wanted to do everything Angelina does, but better because she’s better than Angelina. Sigh, or at least she would be when she grows up. She’ll grow up big and be better not prefect but better.

Cleo gasped as Missy fell into the water, should she help her? Could missy even swim? Should Cleo just sit down and cheer that she could do it? Probably, Cleo shrugged and began cheering that Missy could do it, “You’re not going to d!e! I believe in you” She cheered as she paddled her feet on the water. When Missy resurfaced a minute later, Cleo was proud. It was obviously because of her cheering that Missy made it, maybe if Cleo told mommy and daddy this they would love her. Cleo chewed on her lips as she pondered about this, not even noticing Missy leaving to change to her swimsuit.

“Well, maybe he’ll get better. I do love my dad even if he is annoying.”

Missy said, straying Cleo from her thoughts. Huh what? Why was she suddenly talking about Uncle John, Cleo’s mouth opened in an ‘oh’ shape as she remembered what they were talking about. Uncle John was annoying, like really annoying and according to Aunt Selena- he’s being annoying even when they were kids.

1 Like

“I’m sure you could get anyone you want! You’re cute like that.” When she fell in the pool, she internally laughed when she heard Cleo cheering for her from under the water. “I wasn’t going to die, don’t worry. Thanks for cheering, though!” Arti said, grinning. Cleo was loud, but she couldn’t help but like her. Her happiness was contagious.
@Kristi - Cleo

~ More of Grayson’s Train of Thoughts~

Hi again you! Reader - I think we’ve already gotten past the introductions at this point right? I’m Grayson, but of course, you remembered that. I mean… again… cutest one in the room, Hellooooo. Ignore Ethan, he’s irrelevant. I don’t care what people say, we totally do not look alike because I AM CUTER. So, you might be wondering what happened after that wedding where my mum and dad were RUDE and ignored me… well, I guess they kinda made it up to me. We went to a place called Old York… New York? I don’t know man, I’m 6 months old, do I look like a map? It was something York. It was sooooo cold but GUESS what? Dad hugged me the entire time so I wouldn’t get too cold - so that was pretty awesome because I got allllll of my dad’s attention - even when Zoooee was like “pick me up, pick me up”, daddy told her to go to those booorrring nannies because he was preoccupied with this cuteness - perks of being the youngest, amiright? So yeah - we went allll around the city. Mommy and Daddy and Shay and Zoe and Aidan ate this weird triangle looking thing, but it was fine cause I got milk and that’s the actual good stuff - and some affection from random people because again, I’m adorable.

Though APPRENTLY his dad thought it would be cute to put him and Ethan in a pile of something called snow. Like WHAT THE HELL DAD. I was all cozy and warm and then you put me on top of the freezing thing. “Baa bddas baaa daaa maa seee,” Grayson got out with a pout wondering what the hell that was all about - maybe for a photo or to show him snow which was really just coooollllldd ice cream he couldn’t eat. How did he know he couldn’t eat it? Well, ask Ethan. Boy tried and mommy said no. Though… it’s not that he could really eat ice cream either but mama gave it to him sometimes when dad wasn’t looking which was prettyyyyy great. Anyways, let me translate what I said for you non baby speakers. DAD THIS IS BLOODY COLD, HOLD ME AGAIN THIS INSTANT, THANK YOU and like a good dad - he obliged. See - the real people who ran the world were babies. Adults just didn’t know it yet. “Fck” . MY GOD SHUT UP ETHAN. Ever since Ethan learned his new adult word, he kept saying it for attention. Like WE GET IT ETHAN. Stop being an attention wh0re. And… Gray was totally not saying that because he couldn’t say it yet. Look, he tried copying Ethan, it was just hard. “Ff…ff…fbereabanantm” see… couldn’t say he didn’t try.

ANNNNYYYWAYS, overall it was a good week. We went eveeryyyyywhere in this york place and it was nice (cause HELLO I GOT ALL THE ATTENTION). Well… it was GOOD until mommy and daddy took all of them to the park in the center to tell them some big news. You know what the big news was? WELL APPARENTLY SHAY KNEW cause SHAY told all of them that mommy was going to have another baby. EXCUSE ME. ExCuSE mE? His mommy even came over to RUB it in his face saying “Are you excited to be big brothers?,”

“Fck”

YES FCK ETHAN. BECAUSE WE AREN’T GONNA BE THE YOUNGEST ANYMORE. Put your big boy pants on Ethan, because we gotta make sure that doesn’t happen. So what did Grayson do? Well. He cried. Of course, he cried. Mommy and daddy just broke his little heart. How. Rude.

PART 1 - There’s gonna be more I just don’t have time rn for all the time skips

@astxrism

2 Likes

{ A day without mom | 2038 }

original (1) Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 2.16.15 PM original Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 4.06.16 PM original Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 2.17.24 PM

Do you know what sucks? Sure, Dorian would often be away from home because he has to travel, but that’s a whole different story when Jess does. One thing is sleeping in a hotel room but sleeping alone in your own bed… Wife, come back.

It’s been a few days since Jess had to go on a little trip, leaving Dorian all alone with Shay, Zoe and Aidan. That wasn’t the first time, and Dorian didn’t have a problem with… well… He didn’t have a problem with that, he loved spending more time with his kids but he missed his wife. Especially now when he was on a break. At least that was a good thing, being on a break when Jessica had to leave. Lying in bed that weekend morning, waking up early as usual, he was staring at the empty side of the bed before hearing footsteps coming down the hallway. His kids running down the hallway and stopping right in front of the door. That’s what they’d usually do if Dorian wasn’t the one to wake up first and check on them before going to his practice. Shay would pick up Aidan with a little bit of struggle to help him open the door before running in, jumping up on the bed and attacking their parents with hugs. Waiting for that to happen, Dori looked at the door with a soft smile, that smile growing when he finally saw them bursting through the door. ”Good morning, monkeys,” picking up Aidan as Shay and Zoe got up on the bed, he pulled them all closer to him, enjoying these first morning cuddles. With Aidan on his chest, Zoe’s arms wrapped around his arm, he was playing with Shay’s hair. ”What do you want to do today? And nooo…” Glancing between Shay and Zoe, a playful smile appeared on his lips. ”We can’t go to Disneyland. We’ll have to wait for mom to come back. We don’t want her to be sad because we went without her, do we?” Look, they are always asking to go there. There’s not a week when they don’t try this and Dorian could take them but would he really risk losing another kid again? That would never happen again but you know… You never know. But it’ll never happen again. Never. Maybe.

Nooo, he heard his kids before Aidan mumbled something about soccer, making Dorian smile. ”But what first? What does mom always say?” ”First we brush our teeth, then breakfast and theeen we can play.” ”Whaaaat’s for breakfast?” ”Pancakes!” ”Pancake-” ”Can we makee pancakes?!” ”Can we make pancakesss, daddy?” Laughing lightly and nodding, Dorian straightened up, still holding Aidan. ”We can make pancakes. But now go brush your teeth.” He didn’t even have to finish that for Shay and Zoe to jump down from the bed and run to the bathroom. ”Do you want pancakes?” Smiling sweetly at Aidan, Dori waited for him to nod and wrap his arms around his neck before getting up and joining Shay and Zoe. This is another thing you might see in this house - Shay and Zoe on their little stools, Aidan sitting on the counter while they all brush their teeth, a different competition each time while their two dogs are jumping around, excited for the morning and kids to give them allllllll the love they have. That’s followed with them all going downstairs, Shay feeding the dogs and this time Dorian entering the kitchen to grab everything they’ll need for breakfast. ”Who wants to help-” Does he even have to call out for them? No. Turning around his kids were already dragging chairs to where he was so they could help him make pancakes, Aidan hugging his leg, just waiting for his dad to pick him up. ”What do you want to do? Watch or help?” Once again holding his son in his arms, he asked as he was watching Shay cracking eggs with Zoe. Sometimes remembering everything is not such a bad thing. Thank you Jess for making pancakes with your kids in the past? They could make their girls into their personal chefs if you think about it. Just no playing with the stove…that makes things harder. Okay, no personal chefs. ”I… want to helwp,” well okay little guy. Once again placing Aidan on the counter, Shay being the good sister she is grabbed flour and helped Aidan with it, bringing a smile to Dorian’s lips for a hundredth time that morning as he kissed the top of her head. ”Good job.” Do you know what else happened, who got a little jealous? ”Daddddy, look,” you guessed it… Climbing up to sit on the counter, Zoe took the milk her dad placed there and wanting to get a “good job” made a mess. Pouring in some milk, the bottle slipped from her hands spilling all over the counter and then the floor, even making the bowl flip over but Dori caught it before it could fall down and break. They all stayed silent for a moment, not moving, just looking at the mess Zoe made before Dorian laughed lightly… Did he need to take in a deep breath first and tell himself that was fine? Maaaaybe. ”Okay, get down, just be careful. Let the dogs out and be with Aidan, I’ll clean this up and make us breakfast,” looking back at Zoe, she seemed quiet and was not following her siblings, so Dori gently lifted her chin up, whispering. ”Hey, it’s fine. I love you… go play.” As soon as she slowly nodded, he helped her get down. His gaze remaining on the girl until she was gone and then with a sight turning back to clean the mess… But that was when he heard loud crying coming from the backyard.

To be continued

1 Like

{ Phoebe and Elodie’s homework | 2023 }

Going to classes and taking care of 1-year-olds was not the easiest thing Elodie had to do but there was not a single thing she would change. Okay… maybe she wished she had more time with her babies without having to study but even then she’d have them cuddled up next to her. And maybe she wished she wasn’t always so tired, wished she had more alone time with Riker without having to do a bunch of different things, wished she could be there for everything her daughters do, take them to the park every day but it is what it is. She wasn’t complaining and she wasn’t putting her daughters in the second place because of her classes. It just took a little time to figure everything out but life was as good as it could be.

”Hey you threeee,“ walking into her London apartment and dropping her bag on the chair the moment she saw her little family, the sweetest smile no matter her tiredness appeared on Elodie’s lips. ”What are youuu laughing about?“ This was the usual view waiting for her once she comes back home - Riker on the couch with their baby girls, the room filled with their baby laughter. How did Elodie get so lucky? Does anyone have a better dad than their little girls? No. Does anyone have a better fiance? No. He truly was everything Elodie ever wanted for herself and her future kids, for her daughters now. This right here was what really made her happy. ”Your dad is not that funny,“ jokingly pointing out with a cheeky smile while glancing at him, Elodie walked over to them to gently kiss her daughters’ cheeks before laying down next to them and cuddling up against her fiance. Wrapping her arm around him, she rested her head on his shoulder. ”Were they good today?“ But before he could answer, the girls started mumbling something making Elo pick up Amie and bring her closer to her. Her arms now wrapped around her daughter. ”You were? I knew you were,“ understand baby language is a family thing, okay? Or a twin thing? Dorian understands her daughters and so does she. ”What did your dad make you do today?“ So that’s how her conversation with those little girls began, the biggest smile on her lips that whole time. ”Oh nooo… How dare you?“ With a fake gasp, she shifted her attention back to Riker, disappointed with what she found out. And no he couldn’t defend himself because her daughters were telling the truth, she just knew it… Poor girls. But it wasn’t long before she straightened up to kiss him, whispering how much she loved him.

That’s how they stayed for a little while before Elodie had to bring out her homework and finish things for her class tomorrow. With Riker being with sleepy Amie in the bedroom, Elodie was playing with little Phoebe and doing her homework at the same time. Usually nothing bad happened so why would she expect anything else now? Sure, at this time for some weird reason Phoebs was hyperactive but Elodie would distract her with different toys, now it was time for some crayons. While Elodie’s papers were on the coffee table, Phoebe had her own on the ground next to her mama who was also sitting on the floor. But little did she know Phoebe needed more papers… wanted. First mistake was leaving a full glass on the table, her second mistake was getting up to go to the kitchen and grab a snack because in the meantime a lot happened. Her homework was now not only colorful but completely ruined because Phoebe knocked the glass over and… well… started eating those papers. ”Look what I have- PHOEBE!“ Just imagine the… surprise on Elodie’s face when she walked into the living room again and saw that. Running up to her and leaving the plate down on the floor, she pushed those papers away from Phoebe before picking her up and placing her on the couch. ”Nooo… what are you doing?“ Mumbling more to herself with a soft frown, she tried to open the girls mouth and take out the paper she wasn’t supposed to eat. ”We don’t eat paper…“ At that moment Elodie was more concerned for her daughter and noticing she did something bad, Phoebe started crying making her mom hug her tightly. Making her say how everything was alright and she just got scared… which was then followed with fck, my homework.… That was due tomorrow… That meant Elodie would have to stay up all night to finish it again… Or just say how her daughter ate her homework… Maybe she’ll get some points for creativity. But knowing Elodie she couldn’t let herself not finish it again, so standing up she gently kissed Phoebe’s cheek. ”Let’s go cuddle with dad.“

@benitz786 - baby daddy and future mean daughter
@astxrism - angel daughter

2 Likes

{ Vegas was a “mistake” so let’s break off the engagement with Kennedy }

favorite crime

You should only marry someone you really love and what Dorian felt for Kennedy was far from that. It was never even close it. Just a distraction that he turned into this whole mess because of his hurt feelings. Proven by his actions from two nights ago…

It’s been a while since he woke up next to Jessica… Woah, what? Since he woke up next to Jess… Let’s rewind a little bit. He was in Las Vegas because of his bachelor’s party Jessica had the privilege of planning. Bunch of his friends at this one place to celebrate… something he didn’t really want to happen. But why was he even in this position? Well, because not so long ago the only person that mattered to him was also engaged and that pushed him to the same. To make himself move on. To… potentially fck up his life more, but he was already here and there was no going back, right? Right…? Finding Jessica at the reception of the hotel and hugging her longer than he should’ve was just the beginning of what she’d later call a mistake. From his slightly shaky hands as he was zipping up her dress, to his fake I’m feeling good comments, to Jess’ I wish this night would never end comment… Was that really the begging of what happened next? Yes… No? Something was bound to happen because marrying this girl he knew almost nothing about was the last thing he wanted to do and he actually did something about it because after a really long time he was drunk and… Jess was just there. She was right there. Slow dancing with him in a fcking club. Blame everything that left his mouth then on the alcohol but not the kiss… That’s what he was dying to do for the longest time and now was just… a good opportunity. Funny since he was supposed to marry someone else soon, but he did not care about that, not even a little bit. Not at all. I guess they both wished the night would never end because soon he did get married but to the wrong girl. Right girl. He ended up in bed with her, he woke up next to her and he… was once again left all alone. His right girl once again running away from him.

That didn’t help him understand he was making a mistake by wanting to marry Kennedy because he knew that all along, it only helped him end it. Was it bad that it wasn’t the worst thing he had to do? That he… did not care about what she would say? It should be bad… she’s a girl with feelings, he was giving her everything she wanted so this would be the last thing she would expect to happen… But he didn’t care. Once again he really didn’t care about anything because just like last time, he was confused and so fcking hurt. That’s why two days later he found himself in her apartment, his elbows resting on the kitchen island. If she wasn’t so excited about her own party, about the wedding she would’ve noticed Dorian did not kiss her back, that he was still and immediately looked down as she pulled away. He was just playing with his keys as she kept talking, and taaaalking… giving him more time to think of what to say but… What do you say in this situation? How does one break off their engagement? What was the right thing to say? Was he supposed to lie or just confess to what happened in Vegas? Does what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas count int this situation? You’d think by now he had figured something out but no… Kennedy was not on his mind these past two days. What Kennedy was thinking this whole time was that he was simply tired, jet lagged. It was a good guess, why else would he act that way? There was really no reason for that, as she thought. But he was too quiet so she walked over to him, placing her hand over his, looking at him with a sad expression as she asked him what was wrong.

That’s when he finally looked up at her and whispered, ”I’m sorry…” Now the girl was only confused, not understanding why he was apologizing but before she could react he continued. ”I can’t do this… I’m sorry Kennedy, but I can’t marry you.” That’s when he made his decision - he won’t give her a reason, it would just hurt her more… That was why he didn’t and not… not because even if he cheated on her and married someone he actually loved that once again didn’t work out for him. That would just be embarrassing, wouldn’t it? ”We both know this could never work, it was too soon… You don’t deserve this,” Oh sht… here we go, the girl is crying. Comfort her Dorian! No, he just walked past her and out of her apartment, texting his family and friends to let them know the wedding was not happening, ignoring their calls after.

2 Likes

Play Ember island - Umbrella (Slowed)

“Valerie Wood. God… I wrote this speech a hundred times. And honestly, I could never find the right words. The right way to say this. Because you deserve more than perfection. You deserve the world. I don’t know if I can give you that, but I can promise I will spend the rest of my life trying. I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you laugh, to make you smile, to make you happy. So god… please Valerie…. Will you marry me?”

“Yes… and Dan?”

“Yes, my love?”

”I’m pregnant”

And in that moment, Valerie realised she was indeed the luckiest woman alive. Never in her wildest dreams she even imagined the possibility of finding such happiness. But ever since she found Daniel, she knew that happiness, and love, they all existed. And she had them in the palm of her hand, as simple and natural as leaves falling from trees ans waves crashing against the shore. Just like that, in one man, she found it all.

”I fcking love you so much” she whispered as her arms were wrapped around him, the love of her life, the father of her yet unborn child, her fiance, as her mind went back to that moment, quite a long while ago, when she told herself that this is the man she wants to spend the rest of her life with. And as far as the plan is going, seems like it just might be in the cards for them.

But where were they now? Well, turns out it might not be in the cards after all. Because right now at this point in her life, Valerie has hit rock bottom. She was pregnant yet again with their third child, which was nice and all, until it turned out her 18 year old daughter was pregnant as well. A twist that didn’t end well, especially not for Valerie and Daniel.

You see, after this whole thing exploded, Daniel left. As she knew him well enough to know he wasn’t planning on coming back by his own will, which could potentially just mean never. There were many things Valerie could lose and handle, but losing Daniel just wasn’t one of those things. And as much as she tried staying strong for her kids, she just couldn’t, she barely slept, she looked at food and just didn’t find it appealing, she just sunk into a depression nobody seemed to manage to shake her out of. Not her family, and not her closest friends.

She had a hole in her heart, a deep heavy pain that didn’t stop, unbearable pain because as much as things were sunshine and rainbows once, ever since the day they got together, Valerie rued the day he’d realise she was never good enough, and just walk away. It didn’t even matter if it was in fact the reason he left or not, she just felt it, the pain of knowing the one man she loved more than anyone, walked away from her, let alone their children. And he did it willingly.

Nothing hurt more than that.

But at some point, well, pain just becomes a regular thing, and all that’s left is numbness. A void. Trying to hold on, trying to come to terms with the idea of him never coming back, slipping right back into her old habits and trying to fill the hole that was left inside with the only way she always knew how to fill voids, lots of alcohol and meaningless sex. But let alone the fact that this one mistake would lead to divorce papers, it also led her straight to the hospital, because if you may have forgot, she was still pregnant after all, and her body couldn’t handle it all.

She collapsed, crashed and fell apart, and frankly, it wasn’t even certain to the doctors at start that she and the babies would both make it through.

”I know you probably cant even hear this, and don’t want to… but I miss you-” she spoke quietly to her phone that led her straight to voicemail, her voice cracking as she started to cry in between her words ”I just- I’m scared, and I really need you here, I need you to hold my hand and tell me it’s going to be okay, because I’m not sure it will… and I just- Please come back…”

She tried, so many times, he didn’t call, or show up, like expected. The moment he’d walk past the door will probably forever remain a shred of a small hole that somehow stuck to her heart.
But perhaps it helped, because if we’re being honest here, it was terrifying. She barely remembered what her life without Daniel was like, and honestly even if she did remember, it was nothing close to a happy life. And now she was there, stuck in a hospital bed connected to every possible machine in order to get herself back on track so she doesn’t lose the babies who’s father doesn’t even know about. The ones she might have to raise on her own.

”I love you…”

@benitz786 Daniel

6 Likes

Jezebel Mallory Sloane

2018…

The appendix is such a strange organ. Something considered useless by many, and to still be helpful by others, though often only brought up when there’s a problem. Of course, for being something so minor, appendicitis is rough, a fact that Jezebel will always remember. After all, she was the one in the hospital after just having been through an emergency appendectomy. She had been feeling worse and worse for days, not realizing why. She was nauseous, tired, feeling terrible, but she just thought it was because of being pregnant, certainly not because her appendix was about to rupture, at least not until she found herself in the hospital.

She woke up fuzzy headed, seemingly alone, no, there was someone there, a nurse checking on her, who smiled softly when she saw Jezebel was awake. Though, even drowsy, barely sure of where she was, there was one thing she did have clear on her mind. Jezebel’s hand went to her stomach, and she barely got the words out before hearing the most crushing news she ever could have imagined, a miscarriage most likely resulting from her appendix rupturing. Jezebel didn’t care what condition she was in, she felt broken, empty. Tears began to roll down her cheeks as the nurse walked out of the room, but soon she had to wipe her tears, trying to seem like she was alright, as she heard someone walking inside, Daniel. “Hey…”

“I swear to god, Jez, are you trying to give me a heart attack. You should listen to what everyone else says - I don’t have a hearrrrtt so it’s impossibleeee” Jezebel tried to give her best friend the best smile she could manage, to act “normal”, but putting up that front was killing her inside even more. “Nah, I know you’ve got a heart, but I’ll keep that in mind…”
“Hey now - we both know I’m always right. Don’t try to argue, we both know I’m going to win at this moment.” At that point Daniel hugged her and softly whispered, “I’m glad you’re okay…” Jezebel hugged him back “Me too…” she said, though at that moment she didn’t mean it. She may have been alright physically, but that was it, and it felt as though not being alright physically would be less painful than what she was feeling then. Despite how she was trying to put up a strong front, she couldn’t stop her tears, and there wasn’t much Daniel could really do other than pat her back and say “Hey… it’s okay… you’re okay… you’re fine…” She could just blame it all on the anesthesia and pain medication from surgery, or her exhaustion and just feeling unwell, for why she was crying, but nobody would know there was a much deeper reason…

Flashback

Jezebel stood in her bathroom, looking in the mirror, resting her hand against her stomach. Not showing yet, but probably wouldn’t be long. Even in the past weeks, everything seemed to have been changing. Nobody knew, especially not her mother and grandparents. They would never understand, after all a teen pregnancy was how she was born herself. At first, Jezebel didn’t know how to feel, but within a couple weeks she was sure. She wanted the baby. She had just turned 17, and it was still another couple of months until Jordan would be 17 too, so she knew they were too young, but she wanted to have the baby with Jordan. Hiding it from everyone, being scared about how people would react, she didn’t know what to do, but she wanted to find the best way to tell Jordan. “Your dad is going to love you when he finds out.” Jezebel whispered quietly to herself, as if she was telling the baby. She knew it would be a shock to Jordan, but she knew him. She knew that even though it was so far from any kind of ideal circumstances, he would love the baby and would be an amazing dad. She just had to tell him, then together they could figure out what to do and tell everyone else in their lives. Jezebel walked into her bedroom, sitting on her bed and pulling out a small journal she had hidden nearby, her diary where she had written so much already. Scattered notes on everything that came to mind about the baby. Notes on how the baby would be developing, name ideas, questions of how everything would work out after, and so many ways to tell Jordan. Telling him was something that she wanted to make sure to get right. She wanted it to be more special than just calling him and directly saying she was pregnant.

End of Flashback

Jezebel woke up, tears streaming down her face because of the memory she dreamt about. It had been days since she was in the hospital. No, it had been weeks. Two, maybe three. Jezebel wasn’t entirely sure, the days all blended together. Those first few, just getting better physically, then just forcing herself to act as normal as she could. Each day like the one before, go to school, go along with whatever Dan wanted to do, go home and avoid her grandparents and mother, or do whatever necessary to appease her mother. Each night, she would go to her bedroom and the smile she had to fake each day would finally break down, cry, and hope for the day to be over, to not feel like she was dying inside… but sleep wasn’t even an escape. Dreams that would have been nice once, brought more pain than most nightmares even would. When she woke up in the middle of the night, she looked to her diary, and opened it to the most recent pages. She was happy then… unaware of what was going to happen, all because she couldn’t take care of herself. If she had just realized something was wrong, everything could have been taken care of before it got too far, and she wouldn’t have lost the baby. Then there, on the page, her plans to tell Jordan, a date written on the page, one that would have been just after she had been in the hospital, the day she planned to tell him… Jezebel watched as her tears fell and hit the paper, and she couldn’t look at it any longer. She grabbed the page, ripping it out of the journal. One by one, she began ripping out each and every page she had written on about the baby. The name ideas, the due date, the thoughts about the future, the things she would need to do, how to tell people, everything. She couldn’t bear the thought of reading it all. All that she left even mentioning the pregnancy in general, was what she wrote just after finding out about being pregnant, saying how she was freaked out and didn’t know what to do, just looking at what options she even had, before she knew she wanted to keep the baby. The memories killed her, and the journal pages were just a constant reminder of how much pain she was in. All she wanted was to feel Jordan’s arms around her, telling her he loved her and that everything would be alright, but she couldn’t tell him, because she didn’t feel like she deserved that love, and just as much as it hurt her to keep it from him, she more than anything didn’t want him to feel the pain she felt. She couldn’t tell the person she needed most, and she couldn’t tell anyone else, making her feel all the more alone…

@benitz786 - Dan/Jordan mentioned

2 Likes