Castaways (Reboot) - General Chat

Castaways

The vacation of a lifetime, a three week transpacific cruise from Seattle, Washington in the United States to Sydney, Australia. Some saved up to pay for a luxurious vacation, others won free tickets, and then there were those who worked on the cruise. Nobody expected anything to go wrong. Who could have expected a sudden storm to push the ship off course, let alone for the ship to sink. With many passengers lost to the sea, some survived, stranded with no way to get home. With no way to call for help, or even knowing where they are, the castaways have to find a way to survive together for as long as it takes for them to be found. However in an unknown environment anything, or anyone, could be hidden in the shadows.

In this RP the characters will all have been on the ship and are now stranded on an unknown island. They will have to work together to survive whatever dangers there may be. Whether they get along or not, they are all anyone has.

I will watch through the RP, noting everything the characters do, even things like when/how they eat and drink water. I want to keep things realistic. Their primary focus is to survive and they will want to be rescued, but that doesn’t mean they can’t explore and see what mysteries the island holds. With this, there will be times that random chance comes into play with the roll of dice.

How the dice rolls work

There will be times that I may ask you to roll a single, or series of, dice. Especially when having a character explore the island.

Depending on the result of the roll, there may be a positive, negative, or neutral outcome. These may include, but are not limited to: finding a valuable resource, finding food, discovering a new area, receiving an injury, discovering a potential threat, etc. There may be times where a higher role helps, while a lower roll causes harm. However, the opposite may be true in some cases. Or there may be certain values that if rolled have a certain outcome, while other values have a neutral result.

In most situations, the dice rolls will be low stakes, but the risks can increase dependent on the circumstances. The odds of an extreme outcome are less, but will remain possible.

Rules
  • Characters will be injured, and may be killed, please understand that when you sign up. If something happens, respect my decision and my RP. You can pm me and we can discuss the issue like civilized individuals.
  • Drama in the RP is perfectly fine, just no drama or fights with your fellow RPers outside of the RP.
  • No cloning characters
  • Keep things realistic! Want your character to be an expert in something, explain it in their bio! I’ll let you do a lot, as long as you can give a realistic explanation or logical reasoning.
  • Stay true to your character. Think about how they would actually act in their situation.
  • If you make multiple characters, please try to keep even gender ratios.
  • Characters can be any age, however being extremely young or old can make things harder for the character.

If you want any help making characters, feel free to ask me, and feel free to plan characters with others!

Faceclaims: Link
Official Thread: Link
Signup Thread: Link

2 Likes

Hey guys! Here’s the chat thread for the RP! I’m working on some final prep to get the RP officially underway so we’ll be able to start soon (should be today or tomorrow at the latest!)

Feel free to chat about anything here, rp related or not, but just make sure that any reserves or signup related questions get asked on the signup thread instead of here! Any other questions you have for me, make sure to either tag me, or even ask on the signup thread so I don’t miss them.

And please, make sure to join this group tag if you haven’t already! Once the RP starts, I will only be using this group tag. @Castaways

Those who have submitted or reserved:
@CerealKiller @Kristi @Tina.G @idiot.exe @Madilnel @sunflower.flow @katabasis @Jass @angelic @LunaticLeviTheSecond

6 Likes

WOOO LET’S GOOO

3 Likes

Just a reminder if you still need to signup or want to make another character at any time, feel free to do so! Signups are not closing (I’ll just have to approve new signups before posts are made)

And to make this clear for everybody, the more significant injuries to start were based off of the numbers given to me in the signup form. (I had a number already picked when I opened signups and the number picked for one character happened to be the unlucky number I had in mind. Then I rolled a dice for a second number, then picked the character who had the closest number)
Those characters, plus my own were the ones to receive injuries.

3 Likes

Ahh I am so excited :laughing:

2 Likes

Would it be alright if I gave Winry a little coral rash on her ankle?

2 Likes

I find it hard to judge how severe their injury is. Is it like severely bleeding? Are they able to even walk, or is the gash too serious and painful for that? :thinking:

3 Likes

Normally I’d ask if someone’s approachable but now everyone is
Sooo does anyone wanna be approached?

2 Likes

I have Winry and Bradly :eyes::+1:

2 Likes

I’m bad at decidinggg

@discobot roll 1d2

2 Likes

:game_die: 2

1 Like

Now Delphina or Laelia

@discobot roll 1d2

2 Likes

:game_die: 1

Interesting, so Delphina and Bradly?

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Sounds good to be :+1:
he maybe really having a pan!c attach or a bit aggressive tho :sweat_smile:

Shall I post first you would you like to?

2 Likes

And Delphina has a concussion and she’s terrible with emotions so this should be fun :star_struck:

I’m fine with either option!

2 Likes

is that bad that I’m super excited :laughing:

I’ll go first!!
Any place you’d like to start off on, on the island?

2 Likes

no same, even if it’s a contest of who passes out first

Nothing in particular

2 Likes

Now I’m dying here :skull:

I’ll start on it now

2 Likes