Castaways (Reboot) - Signups

Castaways

The vacation of a lifetime, a three week transpacific cruise from Seattle, Washington in the United States to Sydney, Australia. Some saved up to pay for a luxurious vacation, others won free tickets, and then there were those who worked on the cruise. Nobody expected anything to go wrong. Who could have expected a sudden storm to push the ship off course, let alone for the ship to sink. With many passengers lost to the sea, some survived, stranded with no way to get home. With no way to call for help, or even knowing where they are, the castaways have to find a way to survive together for as long as it takes for them to be found. However in an unknown environment anything, or anyone, could be hidden in the shadows.

In this RP the characters will all have been on the ship and are now stranded on an unknown island. They will have to work together to survive whatever dangers there may be. Whether they get along or not, they are all anyone has.

I will watch through the RP, noting everything the characters do, even things like when/how they eat and drink water. I want to keep things realistic. Their primary focus is to survive and they will want to be rescued, but that doesn’t mean they can’t explore and see what mysteries the island holds. With this, there will be times that random chance comes into play with the roll of dice.

How the dice rolls work

There will be times that I may ask you to roll a single, or series of, dice. Especially when having a character explore the island.

Depending on the result of the roll, there may be a positive, negative, or neutral outcome. These may include, but are not limited to: finding a valuable resource, finding food, discovering a new area, receiving an injury, discovering a potential threat, etc. There may be times where a higher role helps, while a lower roll causes harm. However, the opposite may be true in some cases. Or there may be certain values that if rolled have a certain outcome, while other values have a neutral result.

In most situations, the dice rolls will be low stakes, but the risks can increase dependent on the circumstances. The odds of an extreme outcome are less, but will remain possible.

Rules
  • Characters will be injured, and may be killed, please understand that when you sign up. If something happens, respect my decision and my RP. You can pm me and we can discuss the issue like civilized individuals.
  • Drama in the RP is perfectly fine, just no drama or fights with your fellow RPers outside of the RP.
  • No cloning characters
  • Keep things realistic! Want your character to be an expert in something, explain it in their bio! I’ll let you do a lot, as long as you can give a realistic explanation or logical reasoning.
  • Stay true to your character. Think about how they would actually act in their situation.
  • If you make multiple characters, please try to keep even gender ratios.
  • Characters can be any age, however being extremely young or old can make things harder for the character.

If you want any help making characters, feel free to ask me, and feel free to plan characters with others!

Please reserve prior to signing up, and make sure to let me know when you submit.
Signup Form: Link
Faceclaims: Link
Official Thread: Link
Chat Thread: Link

Tags

@sunflower.flow @Cadborosa @Kbail @Kristi
@angelic @benitz786 @katabasis @Ouijaloveletters @bpalmer @CrazyCaliope @Skyler2 @CerealKiller

10 Likes

Can I rehash a character from the RP I tried to make when you first wanted to rehash this RP and you were afraid they had plots which you thought were too simmilar?

1 Like

Reserve a male and female (:

2 Likes

You sure can

Go for it Ani!

2 Likes

YOU KNOW WHO I AM BRINGING BACK

1 Like

I wrote this while tired on a train. No I will not elaborate, not until I get back to a keyboard, until then try to make sense of it

1 Like

I was there and I get it

1 Like

Im planning on bringing that RP back sometime soon. Somewhere agter exam season

1 Like

Just as note to anyone interested, there is one important role that is available.
The ship’s captain is available for anyone to make. That’s just a role we have to plan together for

1 Like

Can I bring back Princeton? :pleading_face:

1 Like

Yes you can!

1 Like

I do keep asking to be tagged even though I have no intention of joining any new rps :joy::joy:

I’m terrible :disappointed:

2 Likes

BROOKE
ANOTHER ONE

1 Like

COME ONNNN

1 Like

reserve girl and boy🥲

1 Like

:joy:

I knowwwww

I just can’t help myself

1 Like

Sigh

1 Like

I’ve got his info transferred into the new slides. But if you want to update any of his info, just let me know.

There’s just one question that I added to the form that I do need an answer from you for. I just need you to pick any number from 1-100.

1 Like

31!

1 Like