Defectives RP - Signups

Defectives

100 years ago in the year 2025, war happened. A global war where everyone had everything to lose. Yet people would act as if they had nothing to lose. It was a free for all, and everyone was fighting dirty. Nobody knows exactly what caused the most destruction, but biowarfare is what most people consider was the final straw. Most of the human species was wiped out. By 2026, countries were reduced to just a few cities, and by 2027 many of the remaining cities in the world created the Childbirth Act. The Childbirth Act requires that as an individual reaches adulthood, at the age of 20, they are assigned to a partner of the opposite sex and once each month all recently turned 20 year olds are brought to a holding facility within the city. Basically living in dorms with their gender for the first year, the individuals have their chance to pick a different partner. From then on the male and female live in a dorm style room together, with the task of assisting with repopulation efforts. They remain at least until the age of 26, or until two children are produced. (Exceptions include if there are not at least 2 children by the age of 29, and medical reasons) Afterwards, the parents of the children are not required to remain together, but are encouraged to remain as a, hopefully still expanding, family. There’s only one way to avoid this fate, and that’s to be considered a defective. If you are considered to be defective, and it is not wanted for your traits to pass on to the next generation. Instead of going to the holding facility with the other 20 year olds, you are cast out as one of the Defectives. Out of the city, expected to have a high chance of dying out there on your own. Most who are cast out, die due to the inability to survive out there with nothing, but some survive.

For this rp the characters would be the defectives who have been cast out of a city. Each character’s own goals may differ, but overall, their goal is to live, not even having to worry about the strict rules in many cities. Some may strive to find the supposed, City of the Outcast, and others, find their way to one of the few cities in the world without the Childbirth act, that doesn’t get rid of the Defectives. Although if enough people would like to, city residents will be allowed as characters as well, but the more interesting things will be for the Defectives.

Examples of Defectives/Outcasts
  • Health issues
  • Mental issues
  • Inability to reproduce
  • Too much of a troublemaker (criminal/other undesirable qualities of the type)
  • Special reason* (if you really wanna know, pm me to ask cause I don’t want everyone to know right away.)
    This is not an exclusive list. Just a few examples.

If you want to help run the rp, feel free to pm me.

Signup Form: Link
Faceclaims: Link
Official Thread: Link
Character Ratios: Link

15 Likes

Those who were interested:
@MeghanWrites @katabasis @fal.renet1398 @celestialkitten @anon93806337 @Dying_Dreams

Those who were maybe interested:
@Sophia1233 @FuzilladeBlue @BlackBlood @SkyWalker @phnx

Please reserve before you submit. And feel free to look through the sign up form to get an idea of what is needed beforehand.

8 Likes

:smiley_cat: yasssss

3 Likes

Res a female, please ^^

2 Likes

Reserve a female

2 Likes

Reserve a male and a female

2 Likes

Awww I remember this! =D
Can I transfer my character from episode over to here? :thinking:
If so, I’d like to reserve one female please!

1 Like

Sure thing.

:+1:t2:

Awesome, great!

You sure can. I’m glad I hadn’t deleted the sign up. I have restructured the signup form, so I will pm you for more info if you want to keep her.

2 Likes

Great! And I’d love to keep her, maybe change her a bit, so could you PM me her info then? :thinking:

2 Likes

Just did. Either way there is stuff that will need to be altered, but we can talk about it in pm.

1 Like

Character Ratios

Genders:
Reserves: 7 Female - 3 Male
Submitted: 1 Female - 4 Male

Roles:
New Defective: 1 Female - 1 Male
Defective: 1 Female - 2 Male
20-Something in Facility: 0 Female - 0 Male
City Citizen: 0 Female - 0 Male
Other: 0 Female - 1 Male
TBA: 6 Female - 3 Male

4 Likes

Reserve a male?

3 Likes

You sure can

2 Likes

The Faceclaims are up!

I have included a link to the faceclaims in the first post. My characters are already in the slides (aside from some info I have to finish for my girl). Though you will notice that most of my male’s information says unknown. Is is for a reason. I don’t want all of his information to be revealed until he is met in the rp. Once he is met in the rp, I will put more of his information into the slides.

However, feel free to use my female, Mercury, and her bio as an example.

@Dying_Dreams @MeghanWrites @phnx @celestialkitten @anon93806337 @fal.renet1398

4 Likes

Awesome! :grinning:

2 Likes

Just checking, and to bump the thread, anybody have any questions about anything for their character/s or about the rp?

4 Likes

What’s the age range?

That depends on the type of character you’re wanting to make. If your character is living in the city they can really be any age. If your character has been cast out of the city then they need to be at least 20. If they were just cast out then they would be 20. Though there is an exception I can make for if someone wanted someone younger than 20 who is out of the city, but that would have to be discussed in pm.

2 Likes

Could I reserve a male and a female?

3 Likes

Okay, can I reserve 2 females 1 male and 1 non-binary?

2 Likes