Finding Motivation: I need some help

Anyone know of any good motivations to help me finish writing my next chapter. I’m stuck on a few scenes and each time I go back to them I lose interest. I want to finish this chapter so I can publish it. It’s 5 months late to be honest. It’s not really writers block but I’m just struggling with this right now.

5 Likes

The satisfaction of finishing a chapter is usually good enough motivation for me but if you need help with a few scenes then maybe I can help you.

2 Likes

Usually that is good for me too but I think it’s the certain scenes that are the main problem. If you could help that would be great!

2 Likes

I’ll try my best to help! What are the scenes? And are they on episode cause I’m bad with coding, but if it’s actual writing them I can help!

2 Likes

They are on episode. it’s mainly the dialogue that I need help with. I can do the coding part on my own. So the first scene I’m having problems with is a scene where two characters meet up with another pair of characters. They are in the Yakuza so this meeting is about gang work.

2 Likes

Oh interesting, so are you having trouble with how they are gonna meet?

2 Likes

I already have the meeting spot setup. They are in the V.I.P. room of the club in the story. They are to go over news that has recently come up in the story. The news is that one of their members is dead and another was taken the police station. Also they have to play nice with another Yakuza gang that hates them basically.

2 Likes

Oohh okay so are you having trouble with how what there gonna say to each other?

2 Likes

Yes, I get to that part and I just go blank. This part of the story is based in Philadelphia. If you want we can go to pm to talk more about this? Or we can stay on this thread.

1 Like

We can pm!

1 Like

Okay cool!

1 Like

Talk through the scene with someone who isn’t reading it helps me sometimes.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a good idea! Thank you!

I need help from someone who can write drama romance. I have gone over this scene too many times and it still comes out corny.

Scene
Someone brings shot’s to two characters who take them and the night is a blur from that moment on and before they know one is in bed with the best-friends brother and the other ended up in bed with CharacterA, I’m trying to write the first pair’s scene and I need it to be dramatic because one has feelings for the other but other character doesn’t know how she feels about the brother. She’s still on the fence at this point.

1 Like

Hey do you still need help or have you figured out how to write this?

I still need help the above scene.

1 Like

What have you got so far on it? That description is a little confusing.

1 Like

I haven’t really started much on it. The scene goes like this. The Main character gets into a fight with her boyfriend over a choice he made years before. While they are talking a hit gets taken out on technically him but the main character is hit as well.

1 Like

You can pm me about this too if you think you can help.

1 Like

What do you mean by “a hit”?

1 Like