Guess the Music!

Game Rule Adjustment

I believe I suggested this a while ago but never implemented it, nor do I remember where it was suggested. But as I’ve started it on films, I will do so on all the guess game threads too.

What’s the rule?
Once a user reaches 50 points, they will become applicable to losing one point per wrong guess. The same for a user reaching 100 points, except it’ll be losing two points not just one. However, if this causes them to go under 100 or 50 points, then the rule will revert for them until they’re over once again.
This is to make it harder on those users and give a fairer chance on the others to catch up in to them.

@Music

4 Likes

Group thirteen:

1. Over their 16-year career, the band explored various types of music, predominantly centred on jazz (initially the “free” variety), but also incorporating elements of art music, ethnic music, R&B, funk, and rock. While their work was categorised as “jazz fusion”, the band members generally distanced themselves from that term.
  2. 1976’s Black Market album was perhaps the most rock-oriented work which the group had produced to date.

Group fourteen:

1. The band gradually took shape from members of other bands in Wellington, New Zealand’s music scene in the late 1990s.
  2. In 2001, the now-seven-member band, sometimes calling themselves the “seven-headed soul monster”, continued to play live at clubs and festivals.

Group fifteen:

1. They have sold over 15 million records worldwide, making them one of the best selling rap acts of all time.
  2. On November 4, 2022, all three members were honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, located by the Amoeba Music store on Hollywood Boulevard.

@Music

2 Likes

Ik eminem is an artist not a group but i cant think of anything for 15

1 Like

Sadly I think I know none of these bands

1 Like

Only rap group with 3 members that I can think of at the moment is Migos.

1 Like

HAHA. Yeah, nah, he’s not a group.

Sadly, it’s not them this time.

That’s all gravy, thanks for telling me.

Would any of you be a able to please have a guess on some of the other threads too - the Film one, the TV one, and the famous person one?

1 Like

Group thirteen:

1. Over their 16-year career, the band explored various types of music, predominantly centred on jazz (initially the “free” variety), but also incorporating elements of art music, ethnic music, R&B, funk, and rock. While their work was categorised as “jazz fusion”, the band members generally distanced themselves from that term.
  2. 1976’s Black Market album was perhaps the most rock-oriented work which the group had produced to date.
  3. From the start, the band took the unusual approach of abandoning the traditional “soloist/accompaniment” demarcation of straight-ahead jazz and featured opportunities for continuous improvisation by every member of the band. That position remained consistent throughout the life of the band.

Group fourteen:

1. The band gradually took shape from members of other bands in Wellington, New Zealand’s music scene in the late 1990s.
  2. In 2001, the now-seven-member band, sometimes calling themselves the “seven-headed soul monster”, continued to play live at clubs and festivals.
  3. The band’s first studio album in 2005, Based on a True Story, showcased polished versions of songs the band had developed gradually at live shows over the years - in some cases going back to 1999; the album’s title is a reference to that process.

Group fifteen: Salt-N-Pepa

1. They have sold over 15 million records worldwide, making them one of the best selling rap acts of all time.
  2. On November 4, 2022, all three members were honoured with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, located by the Amoeba Music store on Hollywood Boulevard.
  3. In March 2019, it was announced that the group would have a biographical miniseries coming to the Lifetime network, highlighting the rise of the group to become one of the first successful female rap groups in hip hop. Queen Latifah, as well as the group will be executive producers of the series.

SOLVED!

@Music

1 Like

Salt N Pepa?

2 Likes

Yes, nice one.

2 Likes

Group thirteen:

3. From the start, the band took the unusual approach of abandoning the traditional “soloist/accompaniment” demarcation of straight-ahead jazz and featured opportunities for continuous improvisation by every member of the band. That position remained consistent throughout the life of the band.
  4. According to Zawinul, new drummer Ishmael Wilburn apparently “lost heart” on tour (despite performing well in the studio). To shore up the music, the band hired another drummer, Darryl Brown, to play alongside him. At the end of the tour, both Wilburn and Brown left the band (as did Dom Um Romão) and the band was, once again, drummerless.

Group fourteen:

3. The band’s first studio album in 2005, Based on a True Story, showcased polished versions of songs the band had developed gradually at live shows over the years - in some cases going back to 1999; the album’s title is a reference to that process.
  4. Improvisation, live and in the studio, has been the basis for the band’s music since the beginning of their career. “Live performance is the most natural state for music,” according to trumpeter Toby Laing. Most songs begin as a rhythm on Faiumu’s MPC, and more sections are progressively added during jam sessions.

3. In March 2019, it was announced that the group would have a biographical miniseries coming to the Lifetime network, highlighting the rise of the group to become one of the first successful female rap groups in hip hop. Queen Latifah, as well as the group will be executive producers of the series.

SOLVED!

@Music

3 Likes

For 15, the only artist I can think of with an album of that name is Blake Shelton. Obviously not, but oh well.

2 Likes

It’s not his album, no

2 Likes

I wish I had some idea what to guess… but I have no idea on either of these

2 Likes

Group thirteen:

4. According to Zawinul, new drummer Ishmael Wilburn apparently “lost heart” on tour (despite performing well in the studio). To shore up the music, the band hired another drummer, Darryl Brown, to play alongside him. At the end of the tour, both Wilburn and Brown left the band (as did Dom Um Romão) and the band was, once again, drummerless.
  5. A synonym for the name is Forecast Review

Group fourteen:

4. Improvisation, live and in the studio, has been the basis for the band’s music since the beginning of their career. “Live performance is the most natural state for music,” according to trumpeter Toby Laing. Most songs begin as a rhythm on Faiumu’s MPC, and more sections are progressively added during jam sessions.
  5. An anagram for the title is Daddy Effort Rps

SOLVED!

@Music

1 Like

Weather girls

(Ik its wrong butttt)

1 Like

Close. It’s not girls though

1 Like

Raining men XD

1 Like

Weather record
Weather report
Weather analysis

Just thinking of words that could match that synonym and make sense as a band name :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, this is the one. (wink)

1 Like

Lol, by now I feel I’ve solved more of these using my linguistic skills than actual knowledge :joy:

1 Like