Guess the Films!

Okay, this is going to be more of a group game or not… like the TV one, the Music one, and the famous person one.

After each three films are named, I’m going to select three more random films (titles) and start by giving you two clues for each to work out. For every two-three guesses, I’ll give you another clue on each of the films not guessed!
You’re allowed as many guesses as you want, that’s cool.

You get points for every correct guess you make. So after 2 clues = 5 points, 3 clues = 3 points, 4 clues = 2 points, and then 5+ clues = 1 point.
If you’re over 50 points, an incorrect guess costs you a point, and if you’re over 100 points then an incorrect guess costs you two points.

A Tally of the Scores…
Those Who Have Guessed a Film Correctly!

Correct Guessers 2 c 3 c 4 c 5+ c Incorrect Total
@_abbinshire 10 3 - - - 13
@Cam 15 - - 1 - 16
@Caticorn - 6 2 1 - 9
@benitz786 5 9 2 - - 16
@bpalmer 65 24 14 4 - 107
@Caticorn 5 3 2 - - 10
@ethereal - 3 - - - 3
@ItsLils - - - 1 - 1
@Jass - 3 2 - - 5
@Kristi 20 15 6 2 - 43
@Littlefeets 20 9 4 2 - 35
@LunaticLeviTheSecond 10 6 - - - 16
@maiarose 5 - - - - 5
@Megan 45 21 2 1 - 69
@Mouschi - - - 1 - 1
@Ouijaloveletters - - 2 1 - 3
@RainyDay - 3 - 1 - 4
@sunflower.flow 10 15 6 1 - 32
@Tina.G - 3 - - - 3
@wanderingechoes - 6 - - - 6
@WolfGamerGirl37 - 6 - 1 - 7
@WritingWithStars 5 - - - - 5
- - - - - -

10 Likes

Film one:

1. One studio thought the film would work better if it was retitled ‘Space Man From Pluto’.
  2. Because of an accident in the story, the naming of the mall changes from the start to the end of the film. Going from Twin Pines Mall to the Lone Pine Mall.

Film two:

1. The lead actor in this film was going through pubtery due to his age. So some of his dialogue had to be ‘post-synced,’ as his voice broke during filming.
  2. The movie grappled with several themes, some of which are still present to this day, including toxic masculinity, familial expectations, and social pressure to conform to a particular role based on your gender.

Film three:

1. This is a road trip film
  2. Just before they started filming, the director took the three lead actors out to a bar in drag, and none of them were recognised.
1 Like

i really need to brush up on my films but

i have a feeling this is Back to the Future? (don’t remember which one of the three tho, i always watch them in one sitting kdhfbvhf)

no idea about the other two tho so rip

2 Likes

Yes, you’re correct. It’s Back to the Future.

2 Likes

heck yes!
i could never forget the pines thing sdkjbvf
(tho why would anyone think a name other than Back to the Future would be better for this movie?)

2 Likes

Bahaha. True. Any true fan would know this. I knew this clue would be too easy.
I know, right?

Will add another clue tonight

1 Like

i grew up watching those movies with my dad and i have a Doctor Emmet brown figurine sitting on my desk kdhbvhf so ngl i’d have been really upset if i had gottan that wrong

and looking out for more clues~

1 Like

Film one: Back to the Future

1. One studio thought the film would work better if it was retitled ‘Space Man From Pluto’.
  2. Because of an accident in the story, the naming of the mall changes from the start to the end of the film. Going from Twin Pines Mall to the Lone Pine Mall.

SOLVED!

Film two:

1. The lead actor in this film was going through pubtery due to his age. So some of his dialogue had to be ‘post-synced,’ as his voice broke during filming.
  2. The movie grappled with several themes, some of which are still present to this day, including toxic masculinity, familial expectations, and social pressure to conform to a particular role based on your gender.
  3. When Sir Elton John first saw this movie at the Cannes Film Festival, he immediately pitched the idea of making a stage musical of it to director Stephen Daldry.

Film three:

2. Just before they started filming, the director took the three lead actors out to a bar in drag, and none of them were recognised.
  3. The man who designed the iconic pink bus also designed all the cars in Mad Max: Fury Road.

Even @Discussions, maybe?

Hey @Gaming and @ScreenSloths, can you help to name these films?

1 Like

Film two is Dear Evan Hansen?

1 Like

I honestly don’t know any of these-

1 Like

dear evan hansen?

The Adventures of Priscilla???

1 Like

You got the third. Well done.

2 Likes

I was wrong? Ah well.

1 Like

Yes. But I’m giving another clue for the second.

1 Like

Alright. Thanks anyway.

1 Like

Film one: Back to the Future

SOLVED!

Film two: Billy Elliot

1. The lead actor in this film was going through puberty due to his age. So some of his dialogue had to be ‘post-synced,’ as his voice broke during filming.
  3. When Sir Elton John first saw this movie at the Cannes Film Festival, he immediately pitched the idea of making a stage musical of it to director Stephen Daldry.
  4. Dame Julie Walters struggled with the dancing

SOLVED!

Film three: The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert

3. The man who designed the iconic pink bus also designed all the cars in Mad Max: Fury Road.

SOLVED!

2 Likes

Oof well at least I got the third.

1 Like

There’s a new clue for the second.

1 Like

is it Billy Elliot?

1 Like